Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Medi Weightloss (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/medi-weightloss/)
-   -   Is anyone eating the Medi bars? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/medi-weightloss/659956-anyone-eating-medi-bars.html)

jana123 02-04-2010 05:40 AM

Is anyone eating the Medi bars?

I haven't heard anyone say anything about the bars, just the shakes. I'm almost week 2 and I bought some chocolate bars to fix my chocolate craving. I haven't eaten one yet though.

Mom on a mission 02-04-2010 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jana123 (Post 13090413)
I haven't heard anyone say anything about the bars, just the shakes. I'm almost week 2 and I bought some chocolate bars to fix my chocolate craving. I haven't eaten one yet though.

I've tried the Chocolate and the Cinnamon Pecan. I like them both. The only thing I don't like about them is that they have 11(+/-) carbs. My clinic wants me to stay under 24 carbs/day. That takes about half of them in one shot.

I agree it's a good chocolate fix though.

SDC2 02-04-2010 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mom on a mission (Post 13090954)
I've tried the Chocolate and the Cinnamon Pecan. I like them both. The only thing I don't like about them is that they have 11(+/-) carbs. My clinic wants me to stay under 24 carbs/day. That takes about half of them in one shot.

I agree it's a good chocolate fix though.

In the week 2 materials it says you can subtract out the fiber and sugar alcohol (not the sugars through), leaving a net carb count of 5 grams.

EricL 02-04-2010 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jana123 (Post 13090413)

Thankfully, I'm not much of a sweets person, so I haven't bought these or thought of it yet. As Susie mentioned, there's a difference between sugar carbs and the carbs from fiber and sugar alcohols.

My digestive system simply won't tolerate sugar alcohols... I learned that the hard way, but your experience may very well be different.

Mom on a mission 02-04-2010 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SDC2 (Post 13090991)
In the week 2 materials it says you can subtract out the fiber and sugar alcohol (not the sugars through), leaving a net carb count of 5 grams.

Wow Susie, thanks for thy clarification. My clinic NEVER told me that. Is that true for all foods? That would chang things a lot for me!!!

Unfortunately, my clinic doesn't give much more than the basics to me at my visits :-( I'll have to learn to ask more questions I guess!

SDC2 02-04-2010 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mom on a mission (Post 13091195)
Wow Susie, thanks for thy clarification. My clinic NEVER told me that. Is that true for all foods? That would chang things a lot for me!!!

Unfortunately, my clinic doesn't give much more than the basics to me at my visits :-( I'll have to learn to ask more questions I guess!

Each clinic is different, so I can only speak for what my clinic allows. At my clinic the carbs are always total carbs - (fiber + sugar alcohol).

Desert-Rose7 02-05-2010 09:20 PM

Same here. I did not eat the bars until I reached maintenance. And I limit myself to one or two a week.

Jo

shananagins 02-07-2010 10:03 AM

I love the bars, have had both the chocolate delight and the cinnamon pecan. My clinic allows them after week 1. They help tremendously when traveling or when I need a snack and no good choices are available.

AshleyR 02-09-2010 09:04 PM

LOVE the chocolate ones.. they have really helped with my sweet tooth! :)

slbpl61 02-22-2010 03:35 PM

How many bars are in the box and what's the cost?

Carrie Ellen 03-01-2010 07:02 AM

I love the bars! I have Cinnamon Pecan. And I think the texture is sinful! It's just like a cookie Im not allowed to have!

my box in NC cost 14.00 (i think) thats for 7 bars. Limited to one per day. Im only eating them when I am traveling, so that I make sure i can avoid other foods...and that way i can spread out the box to make it last!