Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2010, 11:59 AM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mom on a mission
Stats: Ht 5' 7" 247/156.4/160
WOE: MWL
Start Date: January 2, 2010
Sshals-

Everyone is different in their need/desire to privacy. I understand both sides of the coin. Seems like you've told the best people about it and have their support.

I am on MWL with my husband, so he and I have each other as sounding boards. I've told literally a handful of people beside him. Not my parents or my closest friends and family, not even my children. My sis-in-laws pestered us so much about it, we finally caved. Funny enough-one joined a few weeks later. We feel it's our journey. We love that we have a little secret from everyone. There are many people who we feel may not be very supportive of the plan (they've already come out stongly against it). When the time is right, we'll share it, but that's OUR choice.

Best of luck to you. I love this plan and love the results even more! Looking forward to following your progress.

Peace...

REACHED GOAL WEIGHT ON 06/24/10
Total Loss: -90.6 lbs

Wellness...
Mom on a mission is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-20-2010, 07:02 PM   #32
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: bb0325
Stats: 5' 2.5" 240/225/125
WOE: MWLC
Start Date: 01/14/2010; restart 08/24/2012
The first two weeks I was very hush hush and only my family in my house knew, and were very supportive from the beginning. Now people see me from the back and cannot recognize me and ask what I did. All I say is I am on a medical supervised low carb diet.

Also our company is doing a Biggest Winner contest, which I am not participating in because I help weigh in the employees. I am just there to support all the employees that want to lose the weight. And when they ask me how I lost the weight I tell them the same thing, medical supervised low carb diet. A few of them wanted to know in detail and I just gave my email so I would refer them to the sight. My employer shuns solicitation, I just can't help that I am a walking billboard.

Some programs work better for others and each person has to find that program. This program works wonderful for me, and my family doesn't feel deprived because they can still eat rice with the entrees. The dinners are so family friendly which is great on the pocket book.
bb0325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 06:32 AM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MagicalHome
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristenb View Post
I told my family and friends that I really wanted to lose weight so I went to see a nutritionist and they have me on a special diet and supplements. I told them I go back once a week so they can check on me and make sure everything is going ok and I'm not having any reactions to the medication. I had one person ask if it was covered by my insurance and I said yes. It's not, but I didn't want to get into a price discussion. No one has said anything negative about it. Worked for me.
wow congrats kris well done ! it reallly help you ...keep it up
MagicalHome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 07:32 AM   #34
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: BAGS32
Stats: 177/150/145
WOE: Medi WeightLoss
Start Date: 1/7/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by SavLexiMom View Post
I have my first Medi appt tomorrow (woo hoo!!) and haven't told anyone, other than my hubby, that I am even thinking about going! I don't want to hear it about how expensive, etc. it is, so I just haven't even said anything. So...what to tell them when I start eating drastically different and dropping massive weight? (I'm being optimistic here! ) Any less expensive plan that I can say I'm doing that you eat kind of the same things? Or just leave it at a "Low Carb Diet"? My family is nosy and they are going to know what I'm doing, but I'm not ready to share just yet!
Are we related?? I have told family and friends I am doing "low carb-low fat". I hear it won't last, the weight will come back, etc. I tell them it is a lifestyle change not a diet and that I would appreciate their support not their negative remarks. It is not always easy............but the results speak for themselves. Keep positive...though expensive the alternative is another failed attempt at losing 1-2lbs a week. This program keeps you motivated by the amount of weight you will lose. Good Luck, Keep Positive and the results will come!
BAGS32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 10:44 AM   #35
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mom on a mission
Stats: Ht 5' 7" 247/156.4/160
WOE: MWL
Start Date: January 2, 2010
[quote=BAGS32;13181468]Are we related?? I have told family and friends I am doing "low carb-low fat".

BAGS32-
I like your approach. I've taken the same approach with some people who ask "Are you doing this on your own?" I just tell them I'm trying to cut out carbs so my body can burn the fat away (I usually grab onto my belly for visual effect). Now that my belly is significantly smaller, it's getting more diffucult to do ;-) Keeping a positive attitude will keep people around you positive about your weight loss.

I've listened to many people who want to cut down Medi due to the cost. I've really sat and figured out what I've spent on plan v. the amount I used to spend on junk food, coffee from DD, take out, etc. I am actually saving $$ @ this point! I used to spend $12.25/day on Iced Caramel Latte's alone. That's over $85/week!!! That pays for the plan right here!!

I see we started about 5 days apart and that you're from Mass too!!! Gla to have more of us on here!

Peace...
Mom on a mission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 06:31 PM   #36
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SavLexiMom
Stats: 5'7'' 282/210.4/150
WOE: Restarted JUDDD 11/27/12 at 217.8
I don't know why I was even worried about telling anyone I mean, I still haven't told anyone other than my mom and sister (both who were nothing but supportive and interested!!), but those were the two I was most afraid of telling because I knew they would worry. My sister was looking through all of my week 1 stuff saying there was no way she could do it! I went to sub. today at my old school for the first time since November and everyone was shocked! I have probably lost 25ish pounds since then. It was a GREAT feeling!