Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2010, 05:44 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
*.*Fabulous February for Your MWL Journey*.*

Welcome to February, the shortest month of the year!

Let's make these 28 days really count! Show us that commitment and strength of purpose on your journey to health and fitness!

Let's make February really make a difference in your life!

All the best to everyone!

Jo

Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-2010, 05:47 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Nick80
Stats: 6ft 249/175/180
WOE: Mediweight- maintenance
Start Date: October 1, 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert-Rose7 View Post
Welcome to February, the shortest month of the year!

Let's make these 28 days really count! Show us that commitment and strength of purpose on your journey to health and fitness!

Let's make February really make a difference in your life!

All the best to everyone!

Jo
Jo
My total weight loss for January was 17.8 lbs. I am now done with the weight loss part of the program and I am in maintenance. Felt like graduating from college!.

Everyone keep it up!
Old 02-01-2010, 05:49 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Woohoo! WTG Nick! And thanks for the stats. I will add them in to my spreadsheet for you!

Jo
Old 02-01-2010, 08:21 AM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: shananagins
Stats: 251/236.5/170
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: 1/7/10
Weighed this morning (3rd) and lost 3.5lbs. This brings be to a total of 14.5 lbs (for January). Everything going well so far. I got a bit jittery and uneasy about the AS last week, so I just stopped for a bit. Seems to have subsided.
For those of you who have Whole Foods, I found a marvelous Roasted Red Pepper and Feta Cheese dip that is VERY good and very low in carbs. I used it as a salad dressing last night too. Its fresh, so its in the produce area where dips are. Wonderful on veggies. I am taking some to a Super Bowl party this weekend so I have some healthy options.
Old 02-01-2010, 10:36 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AshleyR
Stats: 6'~250.2/195/180
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: October 12, 2009
Nick~ A HUGE congrats! WHOOT!
Old 02-01-2010, 10:45 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SDC2
Stats: 5' 7.5" 218/150/155 Maintenance
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: November 20, 2008
My husband had his first weigh-in today and lost a whopping 14.2 pounds. Men!!!! Anyway, Jo feel free to add that into your stats for January. His name is Brian.

Nick, congrats for crossing the finish line and welcome to maintenance!!!
Old 02-01-2010, 11:05 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MEDIMIMI
Start Date: Starting over 1/29/10
HI everyone, just checking in! It is day 3 for me, and all is well. Just sat through 5 hours of lectures and let me tlel you, drinking all of this water is going to have to be an afternoon thing! I cannot keep getting up & walking out of class so many times or people are going to start to wonder.

Anyone have any good "to go" lunches & breakfasts that are quick and easy? It seems like my only go to on the run is the EAS shakes. I do not eat eggs. This really limits my breakfast options.
Old 02-01-2010, 11:26 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Nick80
Stats: 6ft 249/175/180
WOE: Mediweight- maintenance
Start Date: October 1, 2009
Thanks everyone!! I am so excited. You all were a tremendous help and asset.

Susie- Brian is off to a fantastic start.

I am going to keep on exercising and watching what I eat as I will not go back.
Old 02-01-2010, 06:02 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NOT2fat4fun
Stats: 190/178/145 again
WOE: Medi
Start Date: May 5, 2009
Hey Medimimi...
I have sausage most mornings - I never have time to sit and eat (OK - I never get up early enough to sit and eat) so I pop 3 lite sausage in the micro and off I go... not greasy but with a little fat to keep me satiated...
Susie - how's the counseling job going? I was thinking it must be interesting to be able to help people face-to-face.
Nick - great job - see you over in maintain land...
Have a great February everyone!
Old 02-01-2010, 07:31 PM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Weighed today, I'm down total of 17.6 lbs in 5 wks! The big jump this week is because I cut out the Januvia (prediabetes med that's made me STORE fat) and changed to Metformin 3 times a day. I'm also exercising for a change...starting slow, about 1 1/2 hours per wk. I'm so glad to be on my way down the scale!
Old 02-01-2010, 08:19 PM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Mimi,
The recipe thread is very good for ideas:

Medi-Friendly Breakfast Recipes

...and there are some great ideas in the lunch thread too. Take a look!
Old 02-01-2010, 08:36 PM   #12
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: nomorerolls
Stats: 169/141/125
Start Date: 11/11/09
Jo,
9.5lbs for me this month...Happy Camper that's much more than ww! Travel consumed much of my time this month. I found an awesome free food journaling site will siting on the tarmac for an hour the other day !! Are there rules about posting links 'cause this site is an awesome resource! Let's you export to excel and lots of geekey stuff like that

Nick...Good luck on the other side...hope to get there one day soon
Old 02-01-2010, 08:43 PM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SavLexiMom
Stats: 5'7'' 282/210.4/150
WOE: Restarted JUDDD 11/27/12 at 217.8
I took my first step today and got information from my local clinic, does that count?? I am *SO* glad that this site was recommended...I have been looking through the threads all day! I am going to be calling tomorrow to make my first appointment...eek! I'm nervous! My hubby is excited because he thinks he's going to be eating hamburgers every night...watch him double the weight I lose! Anyway, hopefully I will be joining everyone soon!!
Old 02-02-2010, 04:08 AM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Jo the breakfast thread is all eggs! lol. I can't eat eggs. I am still on week one so that limits a lot of the recipes. I am having a difficult time finding things that are quick & easy and can travel, without a huge amount of prep. I love the Quesadilla recipe, but that does not reheat in the micro very well. Eating plain chicken gets old pretty quick. Just gotta get to Friday to add in veggies. BUt this week the EAS shakes are saving me!

I leave my house at 730am, and usually do not return home until after 8pm. My food lives in my lunch bag with an ice pack. I can't wait for week two to add veggies, so I can at least have some variety. This week is really limited. Grabbing an apple or celery sticks with laughing cow cheese were my staples last time, just gotta get there.

I know I am not supposed to WI every day but so far since I have started the scale is slowly moving in the right direction.
Old 02-02-2010, 06:09 AM   #15
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LegalEagle
Stats: 5'8" 234/216/150
Start Date: January 5, 2010
Greetings All!

I have only posted a couple of times on this website, but have dutifully been reading all of your posts for advice since beginning Medi earlier in January. It has been so wonderful, especially considering that I have been traveling on business for the majority of last month and was only able to make it to my clinic 2x at the beginning of the month (and I cannot take the AS).. Nevertheless, I stuck to the plan thanks to all of the inspiration and advice I received from these threads (and the Daily Plate is my lifesaver!)! I have tried every single weight loss program out there - and have to say this is the only one that has really been working! I tried WW many times, which proved to be too lenient and I would find myself using up all of my points on junk food (gee, why didn't I lose?? ) Nutrisystem - forget those packaged foods.. I couldn't stand it after 2 weeks and it was terrible for me, as I travel quite bit and could not take the foods with me to client dinners. Finally, I have found a diet plan that is flexible, yet restrictive enough that educates me on what foods have caused me to gain.. Indeed, I can actually envision this being a way of life for me! And all of you who have been maintaining your weight inspire me along the way! Love it!!!

Now that I have my feet on the ground for at least a few more weeks, I am as well going to make February really count! Thanks again everyone!

That being said, Jo, my stats for January - 14 lbs.

Have a lovely week everyone!
Old 02-02-2010, 06:12 AM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: katew1129
Stats: 232/212/130
WOE: Medi-weight loss
Start Date: January 2013
MediMimi
Some other breakfast things I eat (in addition to EAS shakes) are turkey sausage or chicken sausage (I microwave 3 links) and take it with me or Fage 0% Yogurt with a packet of splenda or truvia.
Old 02-02-2010, 07:25 AM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CCCOX
Stats: 195-135-135
Start Date: 1/5/10
I am just needing to vent- I am really tired of people doubting me-I have lost 23 pounds in 4 weeks- and now my inlaws are saying I look sick-I look pale-this is not healthy--yada yada yada-and I am very very tired of them doubting me!!

Sorry just had to vent!
Old 02-02-2010, 07:46 AM   #18
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: shananagins
Stats: 251/236.5/170
Start Date: 1/7/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCCOX View Post
I am just needing to vent- I am really tired of people doubting me-I have lost 23 pounds in 4 weeks- and now my inlaws are saying I look sick-I look pale-this is not healthy--yada yada yada-and I am very very tired of them doubting me!!

Sorry just had to vent!
I am sorry you are facing this doubt from family. I might suggest next time you weigh in ask to see the doctor. Get a review from her and have her take a look at any issues. Then report back to the inlaws that you have been checked out, thank you for your concern. Satisfies them, keeps peace in the family, and you can celebrate your great success!
One thing you don't want to do, IMO, is discount what family may see that you don't. While I am guessing you feel fine, take their concerns to the Dr and eliminate them both for your sake and your familys.
Old 02-02-2010, 07:52 AM   #19
Senior LCF Member

yes-I see the doctor each time-all is well-I talked to her this morning-just sad that they want me to fail so it seems
Old 02-02-2010, 08:38 AM   #20
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: TriMom
Stats: 280.4/198.5/180
Start Date: July 21st, 2009
Hi my Medi friends! I have been so outta touch with this board, but HAVE to congratulate Jessica on reaching a WONDERFUL milestone! So proud of you!

I have about 5 pages to catch up on the January thread.....congrats to everyone and welcome to all the new people!

I am down a little more, but I was encouraged to stop training for a triathlon because my body is getting too comfortable...WHAT? LOL OMG It's so funny because I thought I was mixing it up...but OK...As my husband says, I could do a tri today if I had to. So for 2 weeks, I am going to dance, run and yoga and see what those three activities do for my body!

Have a great week!

"Ultimately we know deeply that the other side of every fear is a freedom."
- Marilyn Ferguson
Old 02-02-2010, 09:43 AM   #21
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: kherley
Stats: 186/173
WOE: Medi Weight loss
Start Date: 1/6/10
I started Medi Weight Loss 4 weeks ago as of tomorrow. Wednesdays are my weigh ins and I am always nervous because i want to see all this weight fall off quickly. I know it took me years to put it on but when you decide you want it off, well you just want it off NOW. My 1st week was hard but it wasn't the 600 calorie it was the appetite suppressant. It made me feel just awful but still I did loss 3 lbs. I talked with the doctor and she told me that if I felt like I didn't need them than don't take it. I stopped taking it and I felt great in week 2 lossing another 3 lbs. Week 3 started and I was so tired all the time doc said I probably need some potassium and electrolites. She told me to drink smart water or power aid zero or chicken broth. All of those things did help and I felt much better and lost another 3 lbs. Week 4 was great but I only lost 1.5 lbs. Woke yesterday morning and felt terrible again, so tired and my body is killing me all over. Didn't want to do anyything except go home and get in bed, which is what I did as soon as I got home from work. Woke this morning and felt a little better but now I am very dizzy. I just drank some chicken broth so i hope this helps. I have increased my salt intake and I do drink smart water so I don't understand feeeling so tired. It is hard to even think about excersising when you feel this way. Going for my weigh in tomorrow week 5 and I sure hope I have lost more than 1.5. lbs. looking for 5lbs will keep you posted. Will talk with the doc again I am going to keep going until I reach my target weight of 130 but i just have to get this tired and dizzy feeling under control.

If anyone has any suggestions please let me know!!

so here are the stats starting weight 186
week 1 weight 186 lost 3 lbs
week 2 weight 183 lost 3 lbs
week 3 weight 180 lost 3 lbs
week 4 weight 178.5 lost 1.5 lbs
week 5 will see tomorrow

Last edited by kherley; 02-02-2010 at 09:44 AM..
Old 02-02-2010, 10:51 AM   #22
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: amy1915
Stats: 230/230/130
Start Date: Started Over 9/2012 after 76lb loss in 2010.
Quote:

Sorry just had to vent!
CCCOX - Out of curiosity...are your in-laws overweight?

I've found over the years that even those who love us sometimes have weird reactions when we do things to better ourselves. The bottom line is that you're getting healthy...and in-law's are often critical about a lot of things. I know when my SIL got down to a size 2 after having three kids my parents said she was too thin and looked anorexic etc etc...some in laws are just like that.

I think I can safely speak for other's here when I say we don't doubt you...we are excitied about your progress! Keep up the great work!
Old 02-02-2010, 11:15 AM   #23
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Amy and yes they are.
Old 02-02-2010, 12:27 PM   #24
Senior LCF Member

Cori- hold your head high, and when they tell you you look pale/sick/too skinny, just say thank you I will take it as a compliment, and know they are just jealous.

Ok guys, I am having a horrible day. Car broke down on the way to school, got it towed to the dealership got a 1600 estimate. I then had to pay 100 bucks for their "diagnosis" and had aaa tow it to another garage that I have used in the past. They were able to fix it for 600 bucks which went right to my credit card. Dealership sees me coming and gives me these ridiculous estimates. I was freaking out about it, but I NEED the car to get to school and work.

So then I get to my rescheduled Medi appointment (should have been Sat, then reschedule for this am, no car had to reschedule for this afternoon) and even though they told me on the phone that I was one week past 6 months, they would let me just pay the 70 a week. WHen I got there, they told me they had to charge me the startup fee again, they "made a mistake" on the phone . So I left, and now I feel like I am going to cry. I was able to convince my finace that 70 a week was necessary, but after a 600 (plus the 100 at the dealer) car repair another start up of over 200 is just too much.

Now I have to figure out if I can do this on my own, the only reason I needed the clinic was for the AS. If I have to start totally over, I need to wait a few weeks to try to pay off this car thing and I will prob try another clinic.

Has anyone been able to find an alternative to the AS? I asked my Dr to prescribe it and she said no way, and she doesnt suggest taking it. But it worked well for me last time.
Old 02-02-2010, 12:56 PM   #25
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: anewstart
Stats: 218.8/160.5/160
Start Date: October 19, 2009
Hi everyone!

Nick congrats on your success! I cant wait to be on the other side with you!

This past month has been so hard for me what with the holidays, company and stress. I was compiling my wt loss this month and it is 5.6 lbs... while not fantastic Im happy I didnt put weight on!
This month I plan on hitting the gym even though the thought of it makes my cringe.... I need to do it for me and not care what anyone else thinks.. I can do it right?

Jo- total for Jan 5.6

Everyone keep up the good work!

Sandra
Old 02-02-2010, 01:19 PM   #26
Senior LCF Member

Anyone in Mass, which clinic do you go to? Reviews or ratings please!
Old 02-02-2010, 03:26 PM   #27
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: malloryann11
Stats: 185/179.6/160
WOE: MWL
Start Date: November 3, 2009, Restart Aug. 24 2010
Had a very good workout yesterday at step and am baking all day today so tempting... I am also making a low carb maintenance friendly french macaroon I will let you know how they turn out!!
Old 02-02-2010, 04:48 PM   #28
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: marymo
Stats: 292/197/187
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: Dec 2, 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEDIMIMI View Post
Jo the breakfast thread is all eggs! lol. I can't eat eggs. I am still on week one so that limits a lot of the recipes. I am having a difficult time finding things that are quick & easy and can travel, without a huge amount of prep. I love the Quesadilla recipe, but that does not reheat in the micro very well. Eating plain chicken gets old pretty quick. Just gotta get to Friday to add in veggies. BUt this week the EAS shakes are saving me!

I leave my house at 730am, and usually do not return home until after 8pm. My food lives in my lunch bag with an ice pack. I can't wait for week two to add veggies, so I can at least have some variety. This week is really limited. Grabbing an apple or celery sticks with laughing cow cheese were my staples last time, just gotta get there.

I know I am not supposed to WI every day but so far since I have started the scale is slowly moving in the right direction.
I have cottage cheese with tomatoes or fruit for breakfast sometimes. That's something you can try, it is quick and easy, too.
Old 02-02-2010, 05:35 PM   #29
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: saraanne
Stats: 188/161/140
WOE: Medi-Weight Loss
Start Date: 01/06/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEDIMIMI View Post

While my day isn't as long as yours I totally understand. Check around at the different grocery stores in your area. I have been finding that some of the stores have different flavors of shakes. Last week I found Cafe Carmel. It kinda like a frappachino from starbucks. I haven't tried this yet, but I think it would be good to put in the blender with some ice then it really would be like a frap. The chocolate flavors are the best!. I also saw something with the Medi shakes that included throwing in strawberries and other fruits. I am sure you could do the same with the Vanilla EAS shakes.

I've also found that poking a hole in the top and sipping it with a straw makes it better too.

sara
Old 02-02-2010, 05:44 PM   #30
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: fit2b55
Stats: 218/211/178
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 6/24/09-Maintenance 10/12/09!!: RESTART 5/27/14
Feel free to vent. This is EXACTLY why I told NO ONE that I was doing this program and still do not share. I KNOW that my mother and few "helpful" friends would weigh in with negative opinions.

Since they already know what you are doing...just keep doing it. ANY discussion about your diet should be shut down! I have been almost rude at times when people wanted to discuss what I was eating...........seriously...people are just too nosy and too eager to share opinions!

Stay true to yourself! 23 pounds in 4 weeks is AWESOME and this program ROCKS!! You will succeed and maintain..........

Quote:

Sorry just had to vent!
Closed Thread