Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2010, 07:49 AM   #121
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MEDIMIMI
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: Starting over 1/29/10
Can anyone recommend a cough/cold medicine I can take? I feel awful, snow is coming and I need to run to the store before the storm hits. I know this may throw me out of ketosis, but I need to feel better! I normally take dayquil, that is all I have here now, but I know it has sugar in it. I tried Tyleonol cold pills, they didnt work quite as well.

Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Old 02-10-2010, 08:07 AM   #122
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kristenb
Stats: Ht: 5'2" 187.7/154.8/135
Start Date: 01/06/2010
Woohoo! Down another 2.1 lbs this week! Good bye 170's! This program is so motivating because if you follow it, you WILL lose, and that is awesome! I am at a total loss of 19 lbs so far, so I'd really love to lose more than 1 lb this week so I can change my avatar! Good luck to everyone, keep it up!
Old 02-10-2010, 10:31 AM   #123
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SavLexiMom
Stats: 5'7'' 282/210.4/150
WOE: Restarted JUDDD 11/27/12 at 217.8
I went for my first weigh-in and lost 6.4. A little discouraged, but it was only after 5 days, so I have to keep reminding myself of that. I am going to continue week 1 for my last two days, then bring on the fruits and veggies!
Old 02-10-2010, 10:38 AM   #124
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jbiggars63
Stats: 493/192/193
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 1/23/2009
Hello everyone! Here is the 10pm news piece they did!

Local - KSN TV, Kansas News and Weather

Old 02-10-2010, 11:42 AM   #125
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
Cool segment, Jerry! You are such an inspiration to everyone. You have the commitment, the dedication and the will to succeed. Congrats, you look absolutely fabulous!

Jo
Old 02-10-2010, 11:52 AM   #126
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Krissy66
Stats: I'm not overweight, I'm undertall
WOE: (VSG 11/28/12)
Start Date: June, 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbiggars63 View Post
Hello everyone! Here is the 10pm news piece they did!

Local - KSN TV, Kansas News and Weather

Amazing!!!!!!
Old 02-10-2010, 02:01 PM   #127
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SDC2
Stats: 5' 7.5" 218/150/155 Maintenance
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: November 20, 2008
Jerry, you the man. Thanks for sharing the new segment. Amazing as always.
Old 02-11-2010, 08:03 AM   #128
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bre321
Stats: 5'8" 224/ 151.4/ 160
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: August 25, 2009
Discouraged after losing 6.4lbs in 5 days!? What are you crazy? That is fantastic- you should be very happy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavLexiMom View Post
I went for my first weigh-in and lost 6.4. A little discouraged, but it was only after 5 days, so I have to keep reminding myself of that. I am going to continue week 1 for my last two days, then bring on the fruits and veggies!
Old 02-11-2010, 08:05 AM   #129
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bre321
Stats: 5'8" 224/ 151.4/ 160
Start Date: August 25, 2009
Jerry,

Wow! I am so proud of you! I wonder if you truly realize how many people may have watched that segment or heard your story elsewhere and have been motivated to change their own lives because of you! Sending a huuuuuuge congratulations your way!!
Old 02-11-2010, 08:15 AM   #130
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CCCOX
Stats: 195-135-135
Start Date: 1/5/10
ok need some advice--It is snowing here in Fort worth TX--and I am used to snow but these DRIVERS ARE NOT!! any way-I was to go in for my 2nd shot today-just the b12 in the arm this is my 6th week--my husband would rather I not venture over there--they are closed on Fridays and my appts are on Tuesday-will this mess me up at all you think?
Old 02-11-2010, 08:53 AM   #131
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MEDIMIMI
Start Date: Starting over 1/29/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCCOX View Post
ok need some advice--It is snowing here in Fort worth TX--and I am used to snow but these DRIVERS ARE NOT!! any way-I was to go in for my 2nd shot today-just the b12 in the arm this is my 6th week--my husband would rather I not venture over there--they are closed on Fridays and my appts are on Tuesday-will this mess me up at all you think?
I never got the second shot, and I still lost weight. I think if you miss just one it would be ok. I used the sublingual b-12 instead of the second shots.

Hi all- having the difficult discussion with my fiance today. He really does not want me to re join the clinic due to the cost. We really cannot afford it right now. I am really upset, I have been doing this on my own for two weeks and I am really struggling without the appetite suppresant. I know I need it to be successful. If I go, it is going to be on credit, but I feel like I need this right now. It really is a lot of money, especially since I am in school right now and not working much. It will take me an extra shift per week to cover the 70 a week.

Has anyone been successful in getting their clinic to let them do once every two weeks?
Old 02-11-2010, 09:58 AM   #132
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LostinAusten
Stats: 187.5/158/130
WOE: 1st MWL, now HCG
Start Date: 12/29/09
Cori- I had to switch appts. around a few times and didn't notice any probs.

I am sorry you are having trouble, Mimi. The good thing is that you won't be in school forever! Been there, done that, got the t-shirt! This CAN be done without the appetite suppressant! You can do it! I've cut way back on the AS since my blood pressure started getting a little too high for my own good. You have awesome incentives, like your wedding and graduation. Those are great motivators!

I cannot believe what a difference a few weeks has made. The carb cravings are almost gone and I honestly don't WANT them anymore after seeing how much better my body is doing without them. I really wish I had known about this WOE a long time ago. It would have saved me serious money. I blew $800 PLUS FOOD on stupid Medifast.

The only downside? I'm freezing! And my clothes are baggy. LOL
Old 02-11-2010, 10:00 AM   #133
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: amy1915
Stats: 230/230/130
Start Date: Started Over 9/2012 after 76lb loss in 2010.
I think I remember someone posted once that their clinic was willing to work with their budget and they did not go every week...definitely ask.
Have you thought about anything you could cut out budget-wise that you could allocate towards the program? I cut out eating out at restaurants and I am actually saving way more than I'm spending on Medi.

On another note I just got back from my week 4 WI. Only a 3.5 lb loss but she did say that I actually had a 4lb loss and .5 was water retention. Either way that's a 21 lb loss in a month so I'm not complaining. Anyone have any tips re: the water retention?

Also, I met with the doctor and she said I shouldn't change anything I am doing now including exercising more which I found a little disappointing. Has anyone's progress stopped because they took on more exercise? I thought exercising more would help speed things up.
Thanks
Old 02-11-2010, 10:10 AM   #134
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DreamWarrior
Stats: 161/161/145
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: 23 Oct 09
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEDIMIMI View Post
Can anyone recommend a cough/cold medicine I can take? I feel awful, snow is coming and I need to run to the store before the storm hits. I know this may throw me out of ketosis, but I need to feel better! I normally take dayquil, that is all I have here now, but I know it has sugar in it. I tried Tyleonol cold pills, they didnt work quite as well.

Any suggestions?
I have used the Dayquil/Nyquil in the past - but pill form... not the liquid stuff and it did not mess up my plan.
Old 02-11-2010, 10:48 AM   #135
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: shananagins
Stats: 251/236.5/170
Start Date: 1/7/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by amy1915 View Post
On another note I just got back from my week 4 WI. Only a 3.5 lb loss but she did say that I actually had a 4lb loss and .5 was water retention. Either way that's a 21 lb loss in a month so I'm not complaining. Anyone have any tips re: the water retention?

Also, I met with the doctor and she said I shouldn't change anything I am doing now including exercising more which I found a little disappointing. Has anyone's progress stopped because they took on more exercise? I thought exercising more would help speed things up.
Thanks
Amy,
I am in Grapevine too and go to Southlake. I am going to start going to the gym at the city facility with a friend so if you need a workout partner, let me know. We were going to go today but I think the snow is going to say otherwise! When spring comes we are planning on biking on the lake trails.
I actually gained last week, all water, and lost in fat. I had retained almost 5lbs! in water. The Dr seemed a bit concerned that maybe I was insulin resistant, but the next day came TOM. Since Monday, my scales show quite a dip. Since I was retaining so much water she suggested to watch for anything that might be adding to my sodium level such as deli meats, etc. (Actually besides TOM I think it was the brat I had for SuperBowl party!). She said drink more fluids which will pull it out as well. If you are any where close to your cycle it may be affecting your water retention. You are doing great! You should be very proud of yourself!
I was not very happy to see a gain, but realize my body is doing what it is designed to do, I just have to wait for it to cycle through! It did make me go back and reevaluate what and how much I was eating. I was actually getting more carbs (in veggies) than I should because I wasn't counting the carbs in the cottage cheese and such.
Old 02-11-2010, 11:44 AM   #136
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CCCOX
Stats: 195-135-135
Start Date: 1/5/10
I know alot of you are used to snow-but here in FT worth Texas we are getting up to 10 inches of snow here and it is beautiful==makes me excited -I am ready to ski with some of this weight off!!
Old 02-11-2010, 11:54 AM   #137
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Kristenb, Cori, and LostinAusten~ Wow! I'm impressed with your numbers! We all started about the same time and look at you gals GO!! I've been sick for the past 3 days with a sinus infection, haven't felt like exercising. Just started antibiotics late yesterday afternoon and took the day off work today. So far I'm at a standstill this week and don't want to blow it. I am so thankful for this site and I appreciate you ladies posting your successes...it's an encouragement! Congratulations!!
Old 02-11-2010, 12:43 PM   #138
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: anewstart
Stats: 218.8/160.5/160
Start Date: October 19, 2009
Down 1/2 pound this week.. after last weeks great loss I had felt like I lost more than that.. but its ok.. im still heading in the right direction.. being almost to my first goal of 160 Ive taken it down another 10lbs to 150... my 14s are falling off and i can fit in my 10's although they are snug! Im taking on couch potato to 5k starting this week! wish me luck with that one!

Sandra
Old 02-11-2010, 02:18 PM   #139
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: nomorerolls
Stats: 169/141/125
Start Date: 11/11/09
Medi partners

Can any of you recommend a SF FF brand of half and half...can't find any up here in NY and my local supermarket said he'd carry it if I can get a few brand names. Also any brand name for lo/no carb flavored yogarts (vanilla would be fine!
Old 02-11-2010, 02:26 PM   #140
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kristenb
Stats: Ht: 5'2" 187.7/154.8/135
Start Date: 01/06/2010
Don't know about the 1/2 and 1/2, but my local supermarket carries greek yogurt which is only 80 calories and 3 grams of net carbs. I read on here that one person mixes a little splenda in with the plain yogurt and they liked it, so I'll give it a shot and let you know what I think.

On a different note, I found a few low carb baking recipes, but they call for this stuff called not/Sugar made by a company called ThickenThin. I looked around and it looks like the manufacturer has stopped making it. Anyone have any suggestions for a substitute? I was thinking either Erythritol or Dextrose, any ideas?
Old 02-11-2010, 03:11 PM   #141
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shananagins View Post
Amy,
I am in Grapevine too and go to Southlake. I am going to start going to the gym at the city facility with a friend so if you need a workout partner, let me know. We were going to go today but I think the snow is going to say otherwise! When spring comes we are planning on biking on the lake trails.
I actually gained last week, all water, and lost in fat. I had retained almost 5lbs! in water. The Dr seemed a bit concerned that maybe I was insulin resistant, but the next day came TOM. Since Monday, my scales show quite a dip. Since I was retaining so much water she suggested to watch for anything that might be adding to my sodium level such as deli meats, etc. (Actually besides TOM I think it was the brat I had for SuperBowl party!). She said drink more fluids which will pull it out as well. If you are any where close to your cycle it may be affecting your water retention. You are doing great! You should be very proud of yourself!
I was not very happy to see a gain, but realize my body is doing what it is designed to do, I just have to wait for it to cycle through! It did make me go back and reevaluate what and how much I was eating. I was actually getting more carbs (in veggies) than I should because I wasn't counting the carbs in the cottage cheese and such.
Shananagins - That would be awesome! I was planning on joining there too and have been trying to get up there to register for over a week now. What times were you & your friend thinking of working out?

Thanks for the tips on the retention and the encouragement! I am going to look more carefully at the deli meats and as far as the TOM I am in a weird place right now because I have been spotting (which we've discussed in a different thread) for days and I am on the pill and not due for TOM for another couple of months. I do have an appt with my OBGYN in a couple of weeks so I am going to ask her about it.

Thanks!
Amy
Old 02-11-2010, 03:16 PM   #142
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anewstart View Post
my 14s are falling off and i can fit in my 10's
Okay, I am officially green with envy!
That is so awesome and thanks for sharing...very inspiring!
Old 02-11-2010, 05:04 PM   #143
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: saraanne
Stats: 188/161/140
WOE: Medi-Weight Loss
Start Date: 01/06/10
So last week I bought a jar of the Walden Farms peanut butter at Publix. I was so excited to try it out but upon sampling it it was awful. I thought I'd never eat it UNTIL TONIGHT. I decided to try a little experiment at dinner tonight. I've been missing this great salad from J. Alexanders that has peanut butter dressing on it. I melted a little bit of the Walden Farms peanut butter in the microwave and used it as a dressing on a spinach and chicken salad. It was so good. I guess it just goes to show that we need to try try again on some of the low carb, low fat, good for us foods. Sometimes we just need to mix it up a bit.

sara
Old 02-12-2010, 06:36 AM   #144
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by saraanne View Post
Walden Farms peanut butter in the microwave and used it as a dressing on a spinach and chicken salad. It was so good.

sara

OMG, I would never have thought to put Peanut Butter on my salad! LOL!!
Old 02-12-2010, 07:43 AM   #145
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: katew1129
Stats: 232/212/130
WOE: Medi-weight loss
Start Date: January 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorerolls View Post
Can any of you recommend a SF FF brand of half and half...can't find any up here in NY and my local supermarket said he'd carry it if I can get a few brand names. Also any brand name for lo/no carb flavored yogarts (vanilla would be fine!
Not sure about SF FF Half and half. I buy the low fat half and half (Land O Lakes I think). I think there is 1 carb per serving. I also buy the SF FF CoffeeMat Vanilla Creamer and I love it!

Yogurt. I buy the Fage 0% Fat Greek Yogurt. it is an acquired taste but a TON of protein in it! You definitely need to add a packet of truvia or splenda. There is also a Dannon Carb Control yogurt (Strawberry and Vanilla) that I buy sometimes. I like the Fage better.
Old 02-12-2010, 09:07 AM   #146
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: shananagins
Stats: 251/236.5/170
Start Date: 1/7/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by amy1915 View Post
Shananagins - That would be awesome! I was planning on joining there too and have been trying to get up there to register for over a week now. What times were you & your friend thinking of working out?

Thanks for the tips on the retention and the encouragement! I am going to look more carefully at the deli meats and as far as the TOM I am in a weird place right now because I have been spotting (which we've discussed in a different thread) for days and I am on the pill and not due for TOM for another couple of months. I do have an appt with my OBGYN in a couple of weeks so I am going to ask her about it.

Thanks!
Amy
Amy,
We are planning on going Monday (let this snow settle!) probably 6ish. We are planning on going 2 times a week when possible. I tried to send a private message to you but can't, I am too new apparently. I need to sign up as well, I might do it this weekend and at least get familiar with the facility.
BTW, .5 in water retention isn't much, I had 5lbs of water! Sounds like you are doing great!
Old 02-12-2010, 09:33 AM   #147
Senior LCF Member

Ghost Pains?

Anyone experience ghost pains from the B shots??

The other day I was getting dressed and my right "cheek" was in burning and I had this shooting pain, right around the spot where I get injected for the shots. There was no reason for the pain, it was just there. I even thought maybe I was bitten by a bug or something that was stuck in my clothing, but nothing.

Today, I had the nurse inject my other cheek - just in case. LOL!
Old 02-12-2010, 09:55 AM   #148
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SavLexiMom
Stats: 5'7'' 282/210.4/150
WOE: Restarted JUDDD 11/27/12 at 217.8
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWarrior View Post
Anyone experience ghost pains from the B shots??

The other day I was getting dressed and my right "cheek" was in burning and I had this shooting pain, right around the spot where I get injected for the shots. There was no reason for the pain, it was just there. I even thought maybe I was bitten by a bug or something that was stuck in my clothing, but nothing.

Today, I had the nurse inject my other cheek - just in case. LOL!
Yes!! The first time I got it, no pain at all. I went Wednesday for the second time, and it still hurts on and off! But, she put mine in my hip, not my cheek!
Old 02-12-2010, 11:21 AM   #149
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: fit2b55
Stats: 218/211/178
Start Date: 6/24/09-Maintenance 10/12/09!!: RESTART 5/27/14
I did the whole program drinking International Coffee creamer-Sugar Free Hazelnut. They also have SF Vanilla. The Hazelnut is only available in 32 oz. Never had a problem as a result of drinking and....for me, the perfect cup of coffee to my taste is the MUST have in my life. I can give up, swap out anything but not coffee the way I like it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorerolls View Post
Old 02-12-2010, 11:52 AM   #150
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: elizabethgrace
Stats: 242/223/150
Start Date: 1/14/2010
Yesterday was my 4th week weigh-in...lost 3.4 lbs. for a total of 11.8lbs so far. Also lost 2 inches in my waist. I had to almost start over because of the pain meds I was taking the week before...gained 4 lbs. Think I am back on track now. Hope the rest of February will be good.

Happy Valentine's Day to all!!!
Closed Thread