Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2010, 05:48 PM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: fit2b55
Stats: 218/211/178
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 6/24/09-Maintenance 10/12/09!!: RESTART 5/27/14
I didn't even go there but ...of course, they don't want you to succeed then you aren't one of them! I've had some seriously *****y comments from my overweight friends. Ignore them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCCOX View Post
Thanks Amy and yes they are.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-2010, 06:25 PM   #32
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: thinin10
Stats: 217/160
Start Date: 1/19/2010
Hi everyone,
I too would like to take a moment to vent if that is ok. First, I want to thank kherly for posting because I just had my second weigh in and have only lost 6.2. I am so happy to hear the weightloss of all you guys but I was beginning to feel like an outcast for not having the huge initial drop that everyone else did.

Ok back to venting, the tech who weighs me in is super sweet so I dont know if I caught her on a bad day or what happened. I was kind of bummed because I expected to loose more than 3.8 because my first weigh in was affected by TOM. Also, I had been feeling pain (cramps) in my legs. I asked to see the doctor and I was told "no". I didn't get a reason just that she went and spoke with the doc and he suggested that I exercise more and see my primary about the pain issue. I was in disbelief. I stated that I had been told that I could see the doc when needed, but that got me no where. I left feeling less than. I was so bothered that I called back to the center to re-evaluate the situation. I was told on the phone that I should have been able to see the doc (which didnt help because I was already home). I felt better after the phone call. Hopefully I will be able to see the doc on my next visit or I will have to reconsider paying the amount that we pay each week and not being able to get the full benefits of a medically supervised program. What do you guys think?
Old 02-02-2010, 06:52 PM   #33
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Ree07
Stats: 192.5/143/140
WOE: Medi
Start Date: Sept 23
Fit 2010 - Thanks for your words of encouragement.

Jo, January stats are 8 lbs (getting close to goal and slowing down, but still on track).

Mimi, a quick lunch I do at work is take the tofu noodles, pour on some sugar-free pasta sauce, and top with chicken sausage (available pre-cooked). It only takes a few minutes and everything is available at my local grocery store (publix). I either prepare at work or at home to take in a tupperware so not assembly needed and just nuke it at work. Sprinkle with fresh cheese males it very yummy!!
Old 02-02-2010, 06:59 PM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nomorerolls
Stats: 169/169/129
WOE: NK
Start Date: 8/25/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinin10 View Post
Hi everyone,
I too would like to take a moment to vent if that is ok. First, I want to thank kherly for posting because I just had my second weigh in and have only lost 6.2. I am so happy to hear the weightloss of all you guys but I was beginning to feel like an outcast for not having the huge initial drop that everyone else did.

Ok back to venting, the tech who weighs me in is super sweet so I dont know if I caught her on a bad day or what happened. I was kind of bummed because I expected to loose more than 3.8 because my first weigh in was affected by TOM. Also, I had been feeling pain (cramps) in my legs. I asked to see the doctor and I was told "no". I didn't get a reason just that she went and spoke with the doc and he suggested that I exercise more and see my primary about the pain issue. I was in disbelief. I stated that I had been told that I could see the doc when needed, but that got me no where. I left feeling less than. I was so bothered that I called back to the center to re-evaluate the situation. I was told on the phone that I should have been able to see the doc (which didnt help because I was already home). I felt better after the phone call. Hopefully I will be able to see the doc on my next visit or I will have to reconsider paying the amount that we pay each week and not being able to get the full benefits of a medically supervised program. What do you guys think?
well....really can't say...The only clue I've seen of a Dr affiliated w/ my clinic is his name on the perscription !! I think he is like OZ or something...some squirrely creature in the medicine cabinet that hands out AS cramps in the legs are common though. I used to get nasty cramps when I was pregnant...it is a sign of vitamin depletion!

As for other comments to nasty freinds and family comments... That is exactly why I tell no one about my medi-journey! No more Sabbatage!

I joined curves today. Figured that since I travel so much and they seam to be everywhere it would help me get the workouts in...really must say that the cold up here in NY has realyy put a damper on the walking! WOW. It's a good thing I did a medical pretax deductions this year. All this healthy living is getting expensive I told my sarcastic 16 year old that I woke up in November and had a seroius choice to make about investments, his brain or my ass....my ass won!
Old 02-02-2010, 06:59 PM   #35
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LostinAusten
Stats: 187.5/158/130
WOE: 1st MWL, now HCG
Start Date: 12/29/09
Encouragement to PP- I actually GAINED a pound my second week. I still have no idea why. I'm still doing much of the same, although I don't wear jeans to weigh in anymore!

I kept going and my weight loss sort of jump-started after that week. I am just about to break 170. Maybe that's just how some of us roll!
Old 02-02-2010, 08:40 PM   #36
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Going2Lose
Stats: 5'8" 329/218/175
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: May 23, 2009
Jo
Make mine 11 pounds for January!

It is so odd how Medi changes your expectations for weight loss since it is so darn effective. At school we are having a "Biggest Loser" contest among staff and I have lost 8 pounds in the first 2 1/2 weeks of competition and everyone is in awe! I am on a scrapbooking forum where we have a New Year, New You thread and people gasp that I lost 11 pounds already.... but in Medi world, I think, "Hmmm, what could I do to lose more next month", since 11 seems just average here! Funny what 8 months of Medi can do to your perception!

Don't get me wrong, I love the 11 pounds that are gone forever, it is just a different mindset here, where success on this program is so evident when you stick to it!
Old 02-03-2010, 06:22 AM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CCCOX
Stats: 195-135-135
Start Date: 1/5/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by fit2b50 View Post
Feel free to vent. This is EXACTLY why I told NO ONE that I was doing this program and still do not share. I KNOW that my mother and few "helpful" friends would weigh in with negative opinions.

Since they already know what you are doing...just keep doing it. ANY discussion about your diet should be shut down! I have been almost rude at times when people wanted to discuss what I was eating...........seriously...people are just too nosy and too eager to share opinions!

Stay true to yourself! 23 pounds in 4 weeks is AWESOME and this program ROCKS!! You will succeed and maintain..........
Thank you thank you-yes I started out by not telling ANYONE except my boss and my mom and my husband-but then I thought if I told my mother in law she would want to join and it would so be good for her--instead she has made it ok to tell everyone--well she puts me in situations--like--go ahead tell so and so what you are doing they might want to etc... but it is never in a good way
Old 02-03-2010, 06:28 AM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MEDIMIMI
Start Date: Starting over 1/29/10
Quote:
Hi everyone,

I am with you here! I was never able to see the Dr either, to the point I doubted one actually exists. Over the summer when I was on Medi for 3 months my clinic went through 3 NP's and now that I just went back there is yet another. SHe is a tiny little thing, clearly never been overweight. Noneof my clinic staff has been outstanding. Every time I asked to see the mythical Dr I was given some excuse about why he couldn't make it. I really pay the cash for the AS and the acountability, I got 99% of the program info from here, my clinic staff contradict themselves all the time on the rules of the program. It is outrageous.

Ok, rant done I guess I should get back to work. Getting psyched up for another EAS shake

TY to those of you that made suggestions! I can't wait until next week when I can have the dairy & cottage cheese with fruit yum! ANd I am looking forward to veggies as well.
Old 02-03-2010, 06:54 AM   #39
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CCCOX
Stats: 195-135-135
Start Date: 1/5/10
I feel so sad for you all-my clinic is amazing-in fact my gyno works there sometimes when the normal doctor is out-he is the one that told me first about the clinic-I can honestly say I have never been around more ecouraging group then those at my clinic! our doctor literally walks the office and speaks to every patient-she also checks all vitals and papers before that let you leave each week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEDIMIMI View Post
I am with you here! I was never able to see the Dr either, to the point I doubted one actually exists. Over the summer when I was on Medi for 3 months my clinic went through 3 NP's and now that I just went back there is yet another. SHe is a tiny little thing, clearly never been overweight. Noneof my clinic staff has been outstanding. Every time I asked to see the mythical Dr I was given some excuse about why he couldn't make it. I really pay the cash for the AS and the acountability, I got 99% of the program info from here, my clinic staff contradict themselves all the time on the rules of the program. It is outrageous.

Ok, rant done I guess I should get back to work. Getting psyched up for another EAS shake

TY to those of you that made suggestions! I can't wait until next week when I can have the dairy & cottage cheese with fruit yum! ANd I am looking forward to veggies as well.
Old 02-03-2010, 08:22 AM   #40
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MEDIMIMI
Start Date: Starting over 1/29/10
Quote:
I feel so sad for you all-my clinic is amazing-in fact my gyno works there sometimes when the normal doctor is out-he is the one that told me first about the clinic-I can honestly say I have never been around more ecouraging group then those at my clinic! our doctor literally walks the office and speaks to every patient-she also checks all vitals and papers before that let you leave each week!
You are lucky! They are not all created equal unfortunately.

ANy coffee drinkers out there? WHen I went to Medi over the summer they suggested I use FF half and half or SF french Vanilla Nondairy creamer, and one of the staff told me that splenda counts as a carb and another emplyee told me it didnt.

What has your clinic told you?

I am trying to keep on keeping on for another couple of weeks without the clinic. I figure if I can hold off 3 weeks (I may not make it that long without going in) or as long as I can, it will help put a dent in that 250. Ouch.

I am on day 5 and am down 5 lbs so far I am happy with my week 1 progress.
Old 02-03-2010, 08:23 AM   #41
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SavLexiMom
Stats: 5'7'' 282/210.4/150
WOE: Restarted JUDDD 11/27/12 at 217.8
I have my first appointment tomorrow...wish me luck!! I'm going to go read up and make a shopping list
Old 02-03-2010, 09:43 AM   #42
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DreamWarrior
Stats: 161/161/145
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: 23 Oct 09
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick80 View Post
Jo
My total weight loss for January was 17.8 lbs. I am now done with the weight loss part of the program and I am in maintenance. Felt like graduating from college!.

Everyone keep it up!
Wow!!! Congratulations Nick!!!! Whooo hooo!!!
Old 02-03-2010, 09:58 AM   #43
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
yes-I see the doctor each time-all is well-I talked to her this morning-just sad that they want me to fail so it seems
Oh, just you wait... the best is when they say, "This diet isnt "real life" you're just gonna gain it all back! Then you've waisted all that money!"

Bah!

I just smile, and say "ok"...

They've already told me I lost too much weight and that I look sick. To stop and that I look fine.

They dont understand. Its just the way it is.
Old 02-03-2010, 10:03 AM   #44
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Has anyone been able to find an alternative to the AS? I asked my Dr to prescribe it and she said no way, and she doesnt suggest taking it. But it worked well for me last time.
I know that I've read somewhere that people have tried the Mega Green T stuff as a substitute.

Dont forget to add all the other goodies to your at home method... like a multi vitamin and omega 3 oils.

Good luck!!
Old 02-03-2010, 10:10 AM   #45
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
ANy coffee drinkers out there?
Me! Me! Me! LOL!

I was able to cut my coffee intake during the first month, and Im still down compared to my old lifestyle, but Im up to 2 - 3 cups a day...

One in the AM and one in the afternoon at a minimum.

I always use Splenda and was told not to count it as anything. And I use the CoffeeMate FF Hazelnut to lighten it. 1 TBSP is 25 calories, I count that towards my "other" calories. I feel that it hasnt effected my diet. However, if I really wanted too, I could cut out the coffee and maybe see faster results, but then I would be fired from work for being soo cranky. So, it balances out. Happy + Work = $$ for clinic. LOL!
Old 02-03-2010, 10:25 AM   #46
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorerolls View Post
well....really can't say...The only clue I've seen of a Dr affiliated w/ my clinic is his name on the perscription !! I think he is like OZ or something...some squirrely creature in the medicine cabinet that hands out AS
LMAO!!!

OZ... I love it!!

Old 02-03-2010, 10:25 AM   #47
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavLexiMom View Post
I have my first appointment tomorrow...wish me luck!! I'm going to go read up and make a shopping list
Welcome, and good luck!!
Old 02-03-2010, 11:02 AM   #48
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: katew1129
Stats: 232/212/130
WOE: Medi-weight loss
Start Date: January 2013
Medimimi - I drink coffee and have not given that up at all! I love it too much! I drink my coffee with the SugarFree Coffeemate Vanilla creamer. Check the labels out. The fat free has sugar/carbs. The sugar free is a better option in my opinion. Also, I think the Coffeemate is much better than the International Delights (just my preferance).

Good luck SavLexiMom! Can't wait to hear about your success!
Old 02-03-2010, 11:22 AM   #49
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SavLexiMom
Stats: 5'7'' 282/210.4/150
WOE: Restarted JUDDD 11/27/12 at 217.8
Quote:
Originally Posted by katew1129 View Post
Medimimi - I drink coffee and have not given that up at all! I love it too much! I drink my coffee with the SugarFree Coffeemate Vanilla creamer. Check the labels out. The fat free has sugar/carbs. The sugar free is a better option in my opinion. Also, I think the Coffeemate is much better than the International Delights (just my preferance).

Good luck SavLexiMom! Can't wait to hear about your success!
Hey Kate! It's butterfly521 from CM Can't wait to get started tomorrow!!
Old 02-03-2010, 11:23 AM   #50
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mom on a mission
Stats: Ht 5' 7" 247/156.4/160
WOE: MWL
Start Date: January 2, 2010
Quote:
Anyone in Mass, which clinic do you go to? Reviews or ratings please!
Hi MEDIMIMI, I'm a Mass Girl too! Currently, I go to the Chelmsford clinic. I have luke warm feelings about it. They do an adequate job, but with VERY LITTLE enthusiasm. I think they have an employee turnover problem. I never seem to see the same people there. I've lost 25.8lbs in a month and they have barely reacted at all. I was thinking it was worthy of a pat on the back at least...nothing

I have friends who go to the Wakefield clinic. They rant and rave about it. Always have stories of positive reinforcement, high fives, etc... I am a little jealous actually. If things don't change in Chelmsford, I may look into changing to Wakefield.

What clinic do you go to?

REACHED GOAL WEIGHT ON 06/24/10
Total Loss: -90.6 lbs

Wellness...
Old 02-03-2010, 12:19 PM   #51
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LostinAusten
Stats: 187.5/158/130
WOE: 1st MWL, now HCG
Start Date: 12/29/09
CCCox- I would love to know which clinic you go to? I think that's great that the OBGYN is there. I can't believe how many people are starting to ask me "what I'm doing". I'd like to know what other locations in DFW are good? Please pm me- if you feel comfortable- with the info. And great job! Look at you go!
Old 02-03-2010, 02:24 PM   #52
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Rochelle91214
Stats: 207/176/150
Start Date: October 23, 2009-Restarted on July 7, 2010
Hi Everyone! I've been so busy lately and haven't been able to get on here! I have a lot to read to catch up! Went for my weigh in today and I'm down 3.5!! I'm down a total of 35.6! Getting closer to goal! Slowly but surely!

Congrats on all the losses!

newbies!!
Old 02-03-2010, 04:45 PM   #53
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: thinin10
Stats: 217/160
Start Date: 1/19/2010
nomorerolls and medimimi - I feel little comfort in knowing that I am not the only one who wasn't able to see the doc upon request and will keep you posted on my quest to speak with the elusive "Dr Oz", lol. I have had two way ins for a total of 6.2. Did anyone else get off to a slow start?
Old 02-03-2010, 04:49 PM   #54
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: reneed
Hi everyone. I did medi a few yrs back, did GREAT, then my company closed and had to quit - and gained it ALL back. I just started agan and lost 11.5 lbs my first week. I am psyched! The problem is, I'm still not in ketosis. I haven't cheated at all and this did not happen to me before. I was supposed to add carbs back in Monday and I am afraid to. Any ideas or suggestions? (I have tested day, night, afternoon and it is a brand new container of sticks)
Old 02-03-2010, 05:14 PM   #55
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: marymo
Stats: 292/197/187
Start Date: Dec 2, 2009
Quote:

I think if you are not happy, you should insistto see the doctor and tell them that you really need his/her support and you paid for the program expecting to see the doctor as this is a "medically supervised" program. If it still does not work, I found this information on the website. The headquarters in Tampa... you could contact them if nothing else works.

509 S. Hyde Park Ave.
Tampa, FL 33606

Ed Kaloust, CEO
April Plank, Marketing Director
Leslie Carter, Registered Dietitian
(877-633-5677)
Old 02-03-2010, 05:51 PM   #56
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nomorerolls
Stats: 169/169/129
WOE: NK
Start Date: 8/25/14
Quote:
nomorerolls and medimimi - I feel little comfort in knowing that I am not the only one who wasn't able to see the doc upon request and will keep you posted on my quest to speak with the elusive "Dr Oz", lol. I have had two way ins for a total of 6.2. Did anyone else get off to a slow start?
Think of it this way 6.2lbs represents 11% of your goal....not to shabby!
Old 02-03-2010, 06:42 PM   #57
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NOT2fat4fun
Stats: 190/178/145 again
Start Date: May 5, 2009
For all of you who haven't see a doc in awhile I think your clinic may be out of compliance - my doc told me she is required to see me every few visits... perhaps if you mentioned this to them you would get a better response...just a thought...
Old 02-04-2010, 06:14 AM   #58
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SDC2
Stats: 5' 7.5" 218/150/155 Maintenance
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: November 20, 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by crobyninc View Post
I finally got some flax meal and made this muffin that is very popular on the main thread of LCF! I am in love with these! What an awesome and easy breakfast!

Serving Size: 1

1/4 cup flax meal
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 packet splenda packet (I use stevia)
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 large egg
1 teaspoon butter (I use coconut oil)

Put the dry ingredients in a coffee mug.

Stir.

Then add the egg and the butter. Mix.

Microwave 1 minute (or more). Take out. slice, butter, eat.

A smear of Cream cheese would go nicely, too.

Notes: 11.1 total carbs, 8.8 fiber, for 2.3 net carbs.

The shape of this can be changed by making it in a bowl.

It can be "toasted" once it's cooked.

The cinnamon and splenda can be replaced with SF favorings, adjust to your liking.

Per serving: 235 Calories; 18g Fat (63% calories from fat); 12g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; 223mg Cholesterol; 284mg

Here is a page link with all kinds of variations too: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...in-recipe.html
I just tried this recipe and it is wonderful! Thank you Robyn for another gem. It reminds me of zucchini bread and it is filling. I am going to play around with the flavorings as I would prefer it a bit sweeter, but this is a winner, especially for those of you out there that don't like eggs for breakfast.

I just did an experiment, but if you use 1/4 cup Eggbeaters in place of the egg and Promise fat free margerine spread in place of the butter the recipe ends up only 152 calories/ 9g fat/ 9g carbs/ 8g fiber/ 12g protein. I did have to microwave it for an additional 30 seconds and it was still moist after 60.

I will add this to the breakfast recipe thread as well, but wanted you all to see it.

Susie

Last edited by SDC2; 02-04-2010 at 07:00 AM..
Old 02-04-2010, 08:06 AM   #59
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: shimbus
Stats: 190/182/140
WOE: atkins
Start Date: 1/23/2013
Hello everyone,

I had my week 3 weigh-in this morning and I lost 2.1 pounds this week for a total of 15.4. The amount was lower than my first 2 weeks but I'm still happy with the results. I knew the big numbers couldn't be every week. My goal/dream for this next week is to lose 4.6 pounds. It would be great to lose 20 pounds in a month.

I go to the same clinic in Ft Worth that Cori goes to and they are wonderful as she has mentioned. The minute you walk in the door they are greeting you by name, asking how your week went. Everyone is so upbeat and encouraging. The doctor is always available. She keeps her door open, looks at your stats each week, and asks you how it's going and so on. She is also on the plan. They are always suggesting new recipes, they will help you find a gym, and they are planning to walk/run in the Ft Worth Cowtown Marathon later this month. Everyone is encouraged to participate and join their team. It feels like family!

Thanks to all of you who post encouragement daily!! I appreciate all of you.
Old 02-04-2010, 08:44 AM   #60
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lizzyd
Stats: 5'4" 192/182/128
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Re-start 04/28/13
Hello All,

I haven't posted to LCF in a couple of years, but I decided to check in last week. For inspiration I looked at the Century Club threads and saw Jerry's blog. From there I discovered MWL, which I had never heard of before. I think it was just the kick in the butt I needed to get going again (thank you Jerry).

So...I've been lurking since the weekend, had my initial consultation (at the Miramar, FL, clinic) and started the plan yesterday morning.

So far, so good. No unpleasant side effects (yet---) and no raging hunger.

Just wanted to say "hey", I'm enjoying reading all of your back posts, and am looking forward to this weightloss journey with all of you.

Have posted same on Newbie thread.
Closed Thread