Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2010, 08:17 PM   #301
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: marymo
Stats: 292/197/187
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: Dec 2, 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fit2010 View Post
Marymo: I was wondering if you could just walk in to your clinic and buy them without still "checking in" all the time. Call, ask 'em, you're still losing and you're still helping their clinic income and doing it a Medi way. I'd try it if I were you. I like the Cinnamon Pecan Delight ones and eat those every so often. Fill me up too. Perhaps you could order them from the MWL.com site (spell that out) or through their ph #.

Congratulations Laura, Mandi, Hudiman, and sunshines6!!
Your reply was for Sunshine6 (not me!) But I love those Cinni-Pecan Bars, too and only eat them when I am rushed for time or have a real sweet craving at night..

Mary

Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-2010, 08:54 PM   #302
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fit2010 View Post
What happened to the "before and after" photo album?
Debbie, it's still there, it's under *Official Before and After Picture Thread* Check out my photos as I finally managed to post my before and "mid-way" photos using photobucket ( I copied how Justin did his as I could not copy and paste in the message??) check this link: *Official Before and After Picture Thread*
Old 02-24-2010, 09:27 PM   #303
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: slbpl61
Stats: 5'8" 206/203/165
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 08/16/2013 Restart
I'm approaching my first week weigh in this Friday morning and feel pretty good about it. Day 3 was the worst for me but since I've been drinking Powerade Zero daily, it has really helped. I've been in moderate ketosis since Day 4, ate between 500-600 calories of protein daily, got in all my water and even had my 3 hour group dance class last night for a bit of exercise. I am looking forward to more exercise and adding in some veggies and trying some new protein ideas I found here. Everyone says once you make it through Week 1 it gets easier. I hope so! Will post my results on Friday!!

Susan
Old 02-24-2010, 09:37 PM   #304
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SDC2
Stats: 5' 7.5" 218/150/155 Maintenance
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: November 20, 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by marymo View Post
Debbie, it's still there, it's under *Official Before and After Picture Thread* Check out my photos as I finally managed to post my before and "mid-way" photos using photobucket ( I copied how Justin did his as I could not copy and paste in the message??) check this link: *Official Before and After Picture Thread*
Mary,

If you email your pictures to me I can put them both in a single picture that you can post or make as your avatar. PM me and I will give you my email address. The difference in the two pictures already is unbelievable. Congrats on all your success!
Old 02-25-2010, 05:15 AM   #305
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: flyergal30
Stats: 198.5/184.0/125
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: 02/09/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by slbpl61 View Post
I'm approaching my first week weigh in this Friday morning and feel pretty good about it. Day 3 was the worst for me but since I've been drinking Powerade Zero daily, it has really helped. I've been in moderate ketosis since Day 4, ate between 500-600 calories of protein daily, got in all my water and even had my 3 hour group dance class last night for a bit of exercise. I am looking forward to more exercise and adding in some veggies and trying some new protein ideas I found here. Everyone says once you make it through Week 1 it gets easier. I hope so! Will post my results on Friday!!

Susan
Susan,

Week 2 is definitely easier! You're doing a fantastic job, keep up the great work!
Old 02-25-2010, 05:30 AM   #306
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: justgin
Stats: 5'3" 212/212/140
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 06/19/12
Today is supposed to be my week 1 weigh-in but I'm in the northeast so the snow makes it likely I won't get there 'til next week. I'll just continue on Week 1's food until I can get to the clinic.

I weighed on my scale before I had my first appt. last Thursday. Today, my scale shows I'm down 10 lbs.!!!
Old 02-25-2010, 07:40 AM   #307
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SCgirlinFL
Stats: 259.4/181.8/140
WOE: Medi
Start Date: January 7, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by saraanne View Post
I had my week 7 weigh in today. I was really hoping to have made it to 20 pounds lost but I came up a little bit short. 18.6. This is still great. I did make it to 170 and I am thrilled about that.
Oddly, this week I lost 3lbs of fat but gained 2lbs of water. It not TOM so I trying to figure out what could have caused that.
Oh, well, I am celebrating the successes. I am thrilled that I have lost 18.6, thrilled that I bought a size 10 bridesmaid's dress last week, thrilled, sorta, that I had to put my wedding rings in my jewerly box because they were falling off, and thrilled that I am smaller than my friends. :blush: Evil, I know.

Celebrate the successes. Have a great night!

Sara
Hey Sara,

Just curious, did you go in and weigh at the same time as last week? One week I had to go later than normal and my water was up. The doc said the later in the day, you tend to retain more water...body preping for nighttime & no water I guess. Just a thought. Congrats on getting in that 10! I am dreaming of that day SCgirl
Old 02-25-2010, 10:53 AM   #308
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: daranuge
WOE: medi
Start Date: 2/18/2010
Hi I've never posted before- but I have a question. I have finished week 1 and am on my second day of week 2. However, I am scared to death to venture off the week one diet. I followed it to a T and only lost 5 lbs. I know that is way more than I have every lost in a week, however, I was hoping for more and am afraid that if i make ANY changes I will lose even less this week. Not sure if I should got with the week 2 or hand on to the week 1 menu for another week? Thoughts?
Old 02-25-2010, 11:25 AM   #309
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: anewstart
Stats: 218.8/160.5/160
Start Date: October 19, 2009
Hi all... Ive been MIA on here lately.... weigh in today down 1.8. almost to my first goal of 160... have been doing the couch potato to 5k.. its been great.. i feel so much better. I ve really been struggling these past few months... there have been alot of emotional triggers. I was down 2.6 in fat last week but up in water and the scale reflected a 1.6 wt gain. It was my first gain since starting the program in October. I should have patted myself on the back for working out but I have so much connection to the scale, i beat myself up and binged all day. I got right back on plan the next day, but it scares me that I still have this all or nothing attitude. I ve gone from a tight size 18 to mostly 10's but I still see myself as a size 18. Any advice will be welcome! I need to get a handle on this before I get to maintenance!!!!

Sandra
Old 02-25-2010, 11:41 AM   #310
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CCCOX
Stats: 195-135-135
Start Date: 1/5/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by anewstart View Post
Hi all... Ive been MIA on here lately.... weigh in today down 1.8. almost to my first goal of 160... have been doing the couch potato to 5k.. its been great.. i feel so much better. I ve really been struggling these past few months... there have been alot of emotional triggers. I was down 2.6 in fat last week but up in water and the scale reflected a 1.6 wt gain. It was my first gain since starting the program in October. I should have patted myself on the back for working out but I have so much connection to the scale, i beat myself up and binged all day. I got right back on plan the next day, but it scares me that I still have this all or nothing attitude. I ve gone from a tight size 18 to mostly 10's but I still see myself as a size 18. Any advice will be welcome! I need to get a handle on this before I get to maintenance!!!!

Sandra
Sandra--keep that head up-TAKE A PICTURE_-sometimes tehy are they best motivation--and compare it to an old one!
Old 02-25-2010, 12:58 PM   #311
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: elizabethgrace
Stats: 242/223/150
Start Date: 1/14/2010
Weigh-in #6 today. Lost 1 pound. I was happy because I have a ear and throat infection and have really been off my diet. Ate mashed potatoes and vanilla milkshakes for 4 days. I guess this diet is gonna make me lose weight no matter what!!!

Have been on diet six weeks and lost 15 lbs. and 4 inches in waist.

Go, Medi!!!!
Old 02-25-2010, 01:05 PM   #312
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Medi-Annie
Stats: 219/137/140
WOE: Medi-Weight Loss
Start Date: 8/11/09
Hi Everyone...
I've been pretty quiet on the boards lately, but I still read them every day. They motivate me, encourage me, and give me belief in myself and in this program. I dropped another 2.5 pounds this week and am now over 60 pounds lost!
Old 02-25-2010, 01:11 PM   #313
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: amy1915
Stats: 230/230/130
Start Date: Started Over 9/2012 after 76lb loss in 2010.
Hey LCF's

Congrats to everyone on their losses! And I would also like to thank everyone for posting and sharing...it is so exciting to see everyone's progress.

I am doing a happy dance today b/c I just arrived home from my week 6 weigh in...5lbs down...30 lbs. in 6 weeks! I am so grateful for this program.

Thanks!
Amy
Old 02-25-2010, 01:39 PM   #314
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: amy1915
Stats: 230/230/130
Start Date: Started Over 9/2012 after 76lb loss in 2010.
Quote:
Originally Posted by daranuge View Post
Hi I've never posted before- but I have a question. I have finished week 1 and am on my second day of week 2. However, I am scared to death to venture off the week one diet. I followed it to a T and only lost 5 lbs. I know that is way more than I have every lost in a week, however, I was hoping for more and am afraid that if i make ANY changes I will lose even less this week. Not sure if I should got with the week 2 or hand on to the week 1 menu for another week? Thoughts?
Hi - I added in lettuce my second week and have continued to have salads for lunch since then and have still lost. I have had a few other veggies such as celery, cucumber, asparagus and some squash but I have carefully measured every bit of it and written it all down so I could keep track of my carbs. I also had reservations about adding in veggies and I have only had fruit once in 6 weeks. One of my mistakes was eating too much cheese and items high in sodium...my point being that some of this is trial and error and you'll have to see how you react to different things. To be on the safe side I would not make any drastic changes with your food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anewstart View Post

Sandra
Sandra - Time to start loving yourself back to good health...you've come so far...and it was only water. Have you thought about doing some self-help meditation or maybe some daily affirmations? That probably sounds corny but for a lot of people it helps. Something that had helped me is looking at a list of goals I made over a year ago. When I read them now they don't seem so impossible. Maybe this connection to the scale isn't a good thing. Go to a store and try on something in an 18...I guarantee you'll see the difference.
Amy
Old 02-25-2010, 02:53 PM   #315
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DreamWarrior
Stats: 161/161/145
Start Date: 23 Oct 09
Hi Everyone!! Im on travel and just wanted to sneak a peek and see where everyone was at! I had at least three pages to catch up on!!

Congrats to everyone on all your loses... I have to say the support here is incredible!!

Hugs to you all! See you soon.
Old 02-25-2010, 07:13 PM   #316
Senior LCF Member

Walking a 5K this Sunday

Hi, MWL Friends:

Just had to share that I will be walking a 5K this Sunday for the CROP Walk in Lakeland, FL to help the hungry and homeless with my church.

It would be my first time that I walked a 5K in several years. Hope the weather gets warmer. (For those Northerners, you know 45s to 50s is still too cold for us.) It is supposed to be real sunny and warm up to 63 this Sunday but the walk is around a very large lake that measures 5K. So the wind might whip up the cold winds.

But I am excited as this is one of my goals that I wanted to do while on this MWL program. Smile!

Pre-MWL: -5 loss then Month 1: -23 ~ Month 2: -12.5 ~ Month 3: -12 ~ Month 4: -10.8 ~ Month 5: -10.5 ~ Month 6: -8.2 ~ Month 7: -8.6 ~ Month 8: 4.4 ~~
Total Loss 95 lbs in 8 months ~~
Goodbye 200s!! Whoo! Hoo! Hallelujah! God is great! I am in ONEderland! 10 more pounds to my goal!
“Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.” -- Helen Keller
“What I am looking for is not "out there", it is in me” -- Helen Keller
Old 02-26-2010, 06:33 AM   #317
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: daranuge
WOE: medi
Start Date: 2/18/2010
Amy-

Thank you for the response. I will start with the Salads for lunch and see how that goes and take it from there. This is the first thing i've really seen noticeble(to me) results and dont want to "jinx" it. Thanks again
Old 02-26-2010, 09:23 AM   #318
Senior LCF Member

I am back from my week 1 weigh in and I have lost 10.8 pounds!!! Their scale is exactly at the same weight as my home scale. Last night was really hard as I had really bad cravings for old habits like sugar but maybe it was the shots wearing off. I made it through week 1 and it really paid off. Can't wait to resume my exercising!! Have a great day everyone!!

Congrats Mary on the upcoming walk this weekend! I'm in Pensacola and we're having similar temps too but I'm lovin' it!

Susan

Wk 1: -10.8
Old 02-26-2010, 09:27 AM   #319
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 38:5'5 256.6/228.4/125
Start Date: 12/29/09 RI 12/10/10 RII 06/01/11 RIII10/08/12
Hello everyone,
Congrats to all the losers! I've been away on a business trip but got back home just in time for the over 2ft of snow in NJ I too have to catch up on several pages.

Last edited by Determined Gemini; 02-26-2010 at 09:29 AM..
Old 02-26-2010, 10:43 AM   #320
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jana123
Stats: 5'4" 157/136.2/132
WOE: Medi-SouthPark
Start Date: January 29, 2010
Just had my week 4 weigh in and I was down 2.5 lbs. My body fat % stayed the same....hmmm. I'm excited to be down 12.2 lbs so far just wondering why I didn't lose more fat this week? I have to up my protein to 600 calories and see if that helps. Overall I have lost 4.10% fat so I guess that's good. Maybe you just have to tweak things along the way to keep your body guessing. It's been a good month!

Jana
Old 02-26-2010, 11:25 AM   #321
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: bhhdwh
Stats: 215/185/150
Start Date: January 5 2009
I have been on WLC diet for 7 weeks and have lost 26 pounds. I do love the diet but the clinic in Chelmsford is not very inspiring. There has been turnover in NPs and aids. I really go to stay on track and get the perscription. I wish they gave more tips and help.
I drive from NH or Maine 90 miles so are there any other clinics in MA?
Old 02-26-2010, 11:45 AM   #322
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mom on a mission
Stats: Ht 5' 7" 247/156.4/160
Start Date: January 2, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhhdwh View Post
I have been on WLC diet for 7 weeks and have lost 26 pounds. I do love the diet but the clinic in Chelmsford is not very inspiring. There has been turnover in NPs and aids. I really go to stay on track and get the perscription. I wish they gave more tips and help.
I drive from NH or Maine 90 miles so are there any other clinics in MA?
Great job on your loss, congrats! I also go to
the Chelmsford clinic and I couldn't agree w. you more about the lack of enthusiasm! I just found out today that another aide (Natasha) is leaving next week :-( Did you weigh in today? I was there today myself.

There is a clinic in Salem, MA and one in Wakefield, MA. I've heard such great things about the staff @ Wakefield. I have several friends who go there. Chelmsford is just so convenient for me. I'm with you, I go to weigh in and get my shots, I don't expect anything more. I've gotten more info from this message board than I have from them!

Private message me I'd you'd like to talk more

Peace...

REACHED GOAL WEIGHT ON 06/24/10
Total Loss: -90.6 lbs

Wellness...
Old 02-26-2010, 04:25 PM   #323
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SDC2
Stats: 5' 7.5" 218/150/155 Maintenance
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: November 20, 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert-Rose7 View Post
It's the last week of the shortest month of the year, February. Time to start posting those weight loss stats for February. Who will be our "Biggest Loser" for February?

You may post in this thread or PM me if you wish. I will collect data until Saturday, March 6th. Results will be posted on Sunday, March 7th.

Will we beat January's total?

Jo
Hi Jo,

Brian's weightloss for February is 14 pounds. Today was his 4th weigh in and he is already down 28 pounds. He only has 15-20 pounds left to get to goal. Men!!!!
Old 02-26-2010, 05:10 PM   #324
Senior LCF Member

Hi to everyone!

Whodathunk string cheese and green beans would make me the happiest girl in the world today!?! LOL I feel like a normal person being on Day 1 of Week 2. I am so glad I started this program. I bought the vanilla protein and look forward to creating some good shakes. They gave me some good recipes in addition to the ones I have found here. That should satisfy my craving for something creamy and cold!

Susan

Last edited by slbpl61; 02-26-2010 at 05:58 PM..
Old 02-27-2010, 10:06 AM   #325
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sshals
Stats: 5'4" 264/192/132
Start Date: 02/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by daranuge View Post
First of all, congratulations on your week one loss! Five pounds is terrific and you should be extremely proud of yourself for sticking with the plan.

I just finished week 2. My clinic only gave me two changes for week 2: add fat (I'm going with 2 tsp of olive oil, 3 times a week) and add two cups of vegetables a day from the list. They told me only to count my protein calories (500/day), and not to worry about the calories from the veggies. This seemed like crazy talk to me - no weighing of the veggies? No calorie counting? But I figured the people at the clinic know what they are talking about and so I decided to trust them and did exactly what they said (and lost 4 pounds!).

Keep in mind that 2 cups of those veggies only adds about 50 calories per day. As you add them, just keep checking your ketone level every day.

Although I was nervous about the transition to week 2, it turned out to be a good thing. The variety was helpful. I also found myself at more than one business lunch and being able to eat veggies totally saved me!

Keep up the great work!
Old 02-28-2010, 10:50 AM   #326
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: elizabethgrace
Stats: 242/223/150
Start Date: 1/14/2010
Synthroid, Levothxine, etc. users.

If you do not mind sharing the information, I would like to know how many shots you are taking weekly. It seems that if I take two MIC shots weekly and the B6/B12 I seem to have more energy and lose more weight.

I am on .2mg(200MCG) of synthroid daily. My levels fluctuate (something about the way my body absorbs and stores the medication) and every six months I have to be tested. Sometimes my dosage will be increased and sometimes stay the same.

I take the AS three times daily and have not had any side effects( jitteryness or racing heart), so it is not conflicting with the thyroid medicine.

I think the shots are a big boost to my metabolism and would like to talk to my MEDI doctor about the interplay of the shots and my thyroid medicine.
The shots may be the key to why I had so much trouble losing weight on other plans.
Old 02-28-2010, 12:00 PM   #327
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SCgirlinFL
Stats: 259.4/181.8/140
Start Date: January 7, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by slbpl61 View Post
Hi to everyone!

Whodathunk string cheese and green beans would make me the happiest girl in the world today!?! LOL I feel like a normal person being on Day 1 of Week 2. I am so glad I started this program. I bought the vanilla protein and look forward to creating some good shakes. They gave me some good recipes in addition to the ones I have found here. That should satisfy my craving for something creamy and cold!

Susan

Hey Susan, Congrats on making it to week 2 I remember when I was told I could eat veggies, the brocolli I ate that night was the BEST thing I had ever tasted! & it was simply steamed w/ lemon juice spritzed on top Who woulda thunk? I do have to say this diet really makes you apprecaite the little things...the sweetness of fresh strawberries, yummy asparagus right out of the oven w/ those little bits of crunchy on them...the list goes on. Good luck and enjoy, SCgirl
Old 02-28-2010, 08:19 PM   #328
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AshleyR
Stats: 6'~250.2/195/180
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: October 12, 2009
Congrats on everyones losses.. I am SO proud of you all..

I am down 2 this past week.. Why is the last 15 pounds the hardest??? ECK! I am so happy to have made it this far.. only a bit more to go for goal..
Old 03-01-2010, 06:25 AM   #329
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Carrie Ellen
Stats: 205/183/145
Start Date: February 2010
Week One. -9.4 !!! Yay me!
Week Two - weigh in tommarow.... I haven't felt like I did super well... I left the house with out my meds twice and didnt drink enough everyday, BUT i should be proud that I DID NOT CHEAT! Even when I had my kiddos cookies in hand...

SO for now... I count week two success in self control! Hopefully the scale will be nice too!
Old 03-01-2010, 07:02 AM   #330
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jbiggars63
Stats: 493/192/193
Start Date: 1/23/2009
Just kinda rockin between 220 and 218! Final tube will come out today! Exercise to follow soon! WOOT!

Last edited by jbiggars63; 03-01-2010 at 07:04 AM..
Closed Thread