Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2010, 08:14 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MEDIMIMI
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: Starting over 1/29/10
Question

I read over the Helpful info for newbies and week one survival info, and I have done this program before, but I have a quick question and that thread goes on for thirty pages, so I ahve not been able to find the info I am searching for

Last time I did this program I was quite sick for a few days and I am trying to plan so that I do not miss any school/work like last time.

How many days were you sick for during week 1, and what days were you the most sick (ie day 2 or 3?) I am thinking it would be best to start on Friday, and plan to be sick over the weekend? I've got the college inn broth and I've got the CL hydration to prevent the charlie horses I got last time!
MEDIMIMI is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-2010, 08:19 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DreamWarrior
Stats: 161/161/145
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: 23 Oct 09
I also started on a Friday.... I was sick on Saturday and the headache's went away by Sunday afternoon... On Monday I was feeling wonderful!
DreamWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 08:33 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: amy1915
Stats: 230/230/130
Start Date: Started Over 9/2012 after 76lb loss in 2010.
What kinds of symptoms did you have?

I started on a Thursday and was fine by Monday. While I didn't feel sick sick, I did have an episode on the second night where I was just full of rage and the smallest things were sending me into the red zone in terms of frustration and anger. I would liken it to going through withdrawals from alcohol or drugs...it was scary. The only other thing I noticed week one is that I was a little tired from time to time. But once I hit that first weigh in I became more motivated which I think mentally helped me overcome any fatigue I was experiencing.
amy1915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 09:00 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

I had headaches, severe stomach issues, lightheadedness. I didn't feel safe to drive. It lasted a few days but I dont remember how many or which days. I think it was day 2& 3 possibly 4.
Old 01-28-2010, 09:17 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
I had no symptoms like those at any time, including week one. It happens to some people but not to others. It really does depend, I think, on how much of the bad stuff has to get out of your system. The week is intended to flush your body of the carbs and sugar and people whose diets have been heavily dependent on these things seem to be the ones who have the bad experiences. Again, just in my experience.

Jo
Desert-Rose7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 11:17 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DreamWarrior
Stats: 161/161/145
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: 23 Oct 09
Its true what Desert Rose says, its a body flush, and basically withdrawal.

I would defiantly recommend starting either on Thursday or Friday. Make sure you have plenty of fluids. You can also take Tylenol for the headaches - I did, but to be honest, it only helped a little.

Squeeze a lemon to some of your water to help flush out the toxins – this is especially good for the morning when your body is craving fluids.

Also, drink plenty of "smart water"... that should help too.
DreamWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 03:43 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

So far day 1 has been ok! Little bit of a sore throat but that might be due to the 12 degree temp I had to walk in. lol. It is so cold here!!!