Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Medi Weightloss (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/medi-weightloss/)
-   -   Question (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/medi-weightloss/658765-question.html)

MEDIMIMI 01-28-2010 08:14 AM

Question

I read over the Helpful info for newbies and week one survival info, and I have done this program before, but I have a quick question and that thread goes on for thirty pages, so I ahve not been able to find the info I am searching for :)

Last time I did this program I was quite sick for a few days and I am trying to plan so that I do not miss any school/work like last time.

How many days were you sick for during week 1, and what days were you the most sick (ie day 2 or 3?) I am thinking it would be best to start on Friday, and plan to be sick over the weekend? I've got the college inn broth and I've got the CL hydration to prevent the charlie horses I got last time!

DreamWarrior 01-28-2010 08:19 AM

I also started on a Friday.... I was sick on Saturday and the headache's went away by Sunday afternoon... On Monday I was feeling wonderful!

amy1915 01-28-2010 08:33 AM

What kinds of symptoms did you have?

I started on a Thursday and was fine by Monday. While I didn't feel sick sick, I did have an episode on the second night where I was just full of rage and the smallest things were sending me into the red zone in terms of frustration and anger. I would liken it to going through withdrawals from alcohol or drugs...it was scary. The only other thing I noticed week one is that I was a little tired from time to time. But once I hit that first weigh in I became more motivated which I think mentally helped me overcome any fatigue I was experiencing.

MEDIMIMI 01-28-2010 09:00 AM

I had headaches, severe stomach issues, lightheadedness. I didn't feel safe to drive. It lasted a few days but I dont remember how many or which days. I think it was day 2& 3 possibly 4.

Desert-Rose7 01-28-2010 09:17 AM

I had no symptoms like those at any time, including week one. It happens to some people but not to others. It really does depend, I think, on how much of the bad stuff has to get out of your system. The week is intended to flush your body of the carbs and sugar and people whose diets have been heavily dependent on these things seem to be the ones who have the bad experiences. Again, just in my experience.

Jo

DreamWarrior 01-28-2010 11:17 AM

Its true what Desert Rose says, its a body flush, and basically withdrawal.

I would defiantly recommend starting either on Thursday or Friday. Make sure you have plenty of fluids. You can also take Tylenol for the headaches - I did, but to be honest, it only helped a little.

Squeeze a lemon to some of your water to help flush out the toxins – this is especially good for the morning when your body is craving fluids.

Also, drink plenty of "smart water"... that should help too.

MEDIMIMI 01-29-2010 03:43 PM

So far day 1 has been ok! Little bit of a sore throat but that might be due to the 12 degree temp I had to walk in. lol. It is so cold here!!!