Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Medi Weightloss (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/medi-weightloss/)
-   -   *.*Jumpstart January! We are off and running!*.* (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/medi-weightloss/654060-jumpstart-january-we-off-running.html)

Desert-Rose7 12-31-2009 09:22 PM

*.*Jumpstart January! We are off and running!*.*

Here we go with a brand new year, and a brand new decade too!
Wishing all of you a happy and healthy New Year, and a successful journey with your Medi Weight Loss Program!

We are off and running!

Jo

jbiggars63 01-01-2010 09:12 AM

New goals for 2010....

1) Lose 38.25 pounds to find one-derland!
2) Lose 45 pounds to reach the 300 pounds lost milestone!
3) Run 10k race in May.
4) Run half marathon in October.
5) Tummy Tuck surgery.

Desert-Rose7 01-01-2010 11:32 AM

Bringing Shermy's post over here for everyone!

Happy New Year - 2010!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wishing everyone here a Happy & Healthy New Year and fantastic 2010!~! I am happy to report my first week results......

Week 1 - 8.2 lbs lost! (5.5 lbs of fat)

I could not have done it without reading all of your encouraging and supportive experiecnes.......thank you for that!

Now it is on to Week 2.......a little bit tastier foods .....a few more carbs, calories, and fat.......and alot more excercise and discipline!

Thanks again and my best to all of you for 2010!!

Shermy

nomorerolls 01-01-2010 12:57 PM

Resolutions!

Total weight loss for December =8 lbs ..... wah hoo I'll take it! Probably the first Holiday season of my life w/o a weight gain!!! Making my resolution this New Years Eve was real easy because I am already living it :)

I resolve to really step up the work outs now!!! Been kind of lax in that respect lately!

I love this Program! Happy New YEar all!

Mommy-2-girls 01-01-2010 04:05 PM

Happy New Year everyone! I am just now able to sit up and use the computer a bit more. Had some trouble with pain meds so the last few days have been a blur, but hopefully I'm heading in the right direction now.

Weighed myself and I'm within 2 pounds of my last weigh-in weight at Medi, so that's comforting. Once I am able to keep food down I look forward to getting back into the maintenance program, but for now it's hard to eat much of anything :(

Anyhoo, my goals for the year (after recovery) are:
~reach 100 pounds down!
~reach my goal of 175 (and maybe set a new, lower goal)
~increase workouts to include more strength training and toning.. boy, I can see where I need it!
~KEEP IT UP!! Keep up the Medi WOE, keep up the yoga, keep up the working out, keep on setting a great example for my children :)

Happy and HEALTHY New Year everyone!!

Desert-Rose7 01-01-2010 06:11 PM

Goals for 2010:

Stay at maintenance weight
Tone and tighten - finally - able to meet with personal trainer
Push toward a marathon - up to half marathon walking now
Stay with and change up the exercise to keep it new and exciting

....and a couple of others items that I have not completely worked out yet!

Jo

AshleyR 01-01-2010 06:19 PM

Happy New Year all!

Goals for 2010~

...to loose a total of 50 pounds by my bday (1/28)
... to do at least 4 Triathlons this year
~~Ultimate goal to loose the 70 pounds total in the nest few months~~

:p

Fit2010 01-01-2010 08:45 PM

Happy New Year everyone!

My goals:
1- To be FIT in 2010!
2- To prepare meal plans/food ahead of time for success
3- To understand my food allergies better so I won't continue
to sabotage my health and immunity
4- To run the 5K at the Race for the Cure in Sept
5- To be at goal wt by Oct

Ash347 01-02-2010 07:22 AM

happy new year!

Hello Medi friends!
I have been so sick throughout the whole christmas season! Im finally getting better and able to get back on plan! I lost 3 lbs being sick though! I guess that is the only plus to getting the flu! I love reading everyone's goals, they are so inspirational to me! I have been feeling negative for a while so i hope that 2010 will be a positive change! I have two goals for the beginning of the year:
1) get under 200
2) find a great job

The second one has been tough!!
Way to go medi friends!
Happy New Year
love
ashley

Desert-Rose7 01-02-2010 10:01 AM

*.*Last call for December weight loss stats*.*

If you have not yet submitted your December weight loss stats and wish to be included in the summary I will post tomorrow, please take the opportunity to add them in here today, either in a post or in a PM to me (if you can). I will accept stats up to 8pm MST today.

Thanks much!

Jo

LostinAusten 01-02-2010 07:23 PM

I'm down to 183 already and am thrilled. I can't wait to post for a full month in February! :)

SDC2 01-02-2010 09:59 PM

http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/236/014ssf.jpg

I just got back from a week long trip in the snowy mountains. I went snow mobiling and snow tubing. I spent the week with my two sisters and their families at my sisters beautiful 5 bedroom cabin in Deep Creek, Maryland. My older sister turned 55 on New Year's Eve, and I turned 50 on New Years. It was a blast and I was 80% on track, but it is time to get back to 100 % on track.

Belated wishes for a very happy 2010!

Fit2010 01-02-2010 10:38 PM

Happy Birthday Susie! Looks like a fun time! I look forward to getting to know you better during January. I've had a successful past 6 days and this AM down by 7.8 lbs! Is it ok to be weighing myself daily? It's just a habit I've had for years. Debbie

tracy_d 01-03-2010 05:08 AM

Goals for 2010:

Stay at maintenance weight- or even lose 3-5 more pounds.
Tone and tighten - tummy mostly, arms are almost there
Run my 2nd 5K in March at Disney's Princess marathon and Family 5k weekend
Keep exercise interesting and continue to push myself to new, more difficult workouts

tracy_d 01-03-2010 05:13 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hey Suzie! Love the Pic!! We went to Syracuse NY to visit my husband's family and went skiing for the first time... I thought I was in good shape before that, but my muscles were aching afterward!! (Maybe from the tumbles I took!! lol)

I hear ya on getting back on track at 100%. I tried to be prepared, but traveling makes it hard. I've been doing great since being home though!- Only 3 pounds of damage!

fit2b55 01-03-2010 06:21 AM

Debbie-The clinics suggest you don't weigh every day. I did and still do. During the acute phase, weighing every day was frustrating as my weight would remain the same for most of the week and then drop just before my weigh in at the clinic. I did then follow their advice and only weigh at the clinic.

In Maintenance, I weigh every day. Part of it is habit and the other is, I can correct a one pound gain right away. Before MWL, I could definitely gain 5 lbs overnight. Since changing to this WOE, small variations from plan don't even show on the scale...which is really wonderful!

So, weigh every day if you must BUT weighing once a week at the clinic is more fun to see the one big drop each week. Congrats!! on the 7.8 drop! You are on your way! El

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fit2010 (Post 12934480)
Happy Birthday Susie! Looks like a fun time! I look forward to getting to know you better during January. I've had a successful past 6 days and this AM down by 7.8 lbs! Is it ok to be weighing myself daily? It's just a habit I've had for years. Debbie

missyd 01-03-2010 06:03 PM

Hi everyone , I wanted to post my new goals for 2010
#1 to lose the rest of my weight to meet my goal
#2 to maintain that weight for the whole year
#3 to love and give myself as much attention as I have given to every member of my family over the past 20 years.
#4 to not expect from others what I know they are incapable of giving
#5 to remind myself to be grateful to GOD everyday for every blessing he has bestowed upon me. HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!, MissyD

crobyninc 01-04-2010 05:35 AM

Hi Everyone! Love all the goals and everyone is doing great as we start 2010! Happy Belated Birthday Susie! I love your picture, looks like you had fun being a snow bunny!

Anyway here are my goals:
1. Get to 100 pounds off this month - January
2. Lose the other 50 to get to goal
3. No longer be obese by my anniversity date of March 9, 2010
4. Turn 50 under 200 pounds and at goal!
5. Never ever stop exercising and never never see this kind of weight again!

Nick80 01-04-2010 05:40 AM

Happy New Year to all.

Happy Birthday Susie! Those pics are fantastic!

We had a great time up in Disney but Orlando was freezing! Unfortunately I did not manage to stay with the plan. Every restaurant was crowded and had to make do with what we found even though we had resrevations for the evenings daytimes were not good. All said though, I had my weigh in this morning and was shocked to see I lost 4 pounds. I am now down a total of 57 pounds since I started Oct 1st. It is keeping me motivated to reach my goal of 180 pounds, however I am keeping 170 as my ultimate but may be a bit too thin for me. so we shall see once I am down to 180. hopefully by end of January I would have achieved that.

Best wishes to all and keep it going!!

TriMom 01-04-2010 05:46 AM

Hi Everyone! Happy New Year! (Danika....I am going to try and find your commercial...super exciting!) :clap:

December was a tough month for me and started off being out of town taking care of my grandma unexpectedly. She is very close to the end of her time with us and this has been really hard on me. It got tougher with the festivities of Christmas upon my return. I am so proud of all of you who continued to lose a great amount of weight, but I had to be a realist.... and for me, that meant finding balance! I had to find balance so that I would not swing to old patterns. I am proud of myself for not feeling "guilty" over some choices I have made because this is real life and I am going to have to learn how to deal with the real world when I get into maintainance! I have come so far and will not be swayed in my determination to complete this leg of my journey (even though there were more roadblocks this last month than there were in the previous 3) :doh:! I will say that MWL really works and I am ready to obtain my goals alongside so many of you! :hugs: I am so glad to be back to my routine now! And what a wonderful feeling it was to wake up on New Year's morning with some new resolutions above and beyond the old standards!

HUGS! And have a great first week in the New Year!

DreamWarrior 01-04-2010 06:30 AM

Hi Everyone and Happy New Years to you all!!

Im soo happy to be on this plan. Eating was always the most difficult part of losing weight for me, and this plan has been wonderful. I have a new attitude towards food and Im shockingling suprised I no long crave breads and rice, a staple of hispanic foods!

My goals:
1 - Reach goal weight (135) by end of March (or sooner) by returning to weight lifting at a consistent level, running a 5k as soon as possible, and cycle 2x a week.
2 - Be debt free (except for mortgage)
3 - On course for graduating in May 2011
4 - Vacation at least 2x this year... a REAL vacation away from home!
More to follow! :-)

susan1234 01-04-2010 08:04 AM

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Hi everyone, its been a while. I started medi in March 2009 and i lost 32lbs in about 2 months. After that time i cant remember what i ate to get me off track, but i did get off track and no matter how hard i thought i tried i could not do it. So now im back in katosis and cant wait to lose more. since i went off medi woe i gained 11lbs back. so my goal for 2010 is to lose 50lbs. Good luck to all, and congrats to everyone who is doing so so good. Thak you and happy New Year! Sue

QueenCityDiva 01-04-2010 08:15 AM

Hey everyone!!! HAPPY NEW YEAR! I'm loving 2010 already!

I'm glad to be back on the Medi bus and looking forward to sticking to it this time!

My goals for 2010 are:
1. To get to my goal weight by my birthday (June)
2. To complete the C25K program by consistently running
3. To continue with the P90X workout program
4. To stay committed through all of my hurdles
5. To be healthy and ready to plan a pregnancy for later this year.

I'm ready to DO THIS and I'm so excited to back with my favorite group of LOSERS!

Bre321 01-04-2010 09:15 AM

Hope you are starting to feel much better now! I am now a little over 2 weeks out from my surgery and I finally feel 100% Hang in there! Those are some great goals for 2010!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mommy-2-girls (Post 12929015)
Happy New Year everyone! I am just now able to sit up and use the computer a bit more. Had some trouble with pain meds so the last few days have been a blur, but hopefully I'm heading in the right direction now.

Weighed myself and I'm within 2 pounds of my last weigh-in weight at Medi, so that's comforting. Once I am able to keep food down I look forward to getting back into the maintenance program, but for now it's hard to eat much of anything :(

Anyhoo, my goals for the year (after recovery) are:
~reach 100 pounds down!
~reach my goal of 175 (and maybe set a new, lower goal)
~increase workouts to include more strength training and toning.. boy, I can see where I need it!
~KEEP IT UP!! Keep up the Medi WOE, keep up the yoga, keep up the working out, keep on setting a great example for my children :)

Happy and HEALTHY New Year everyone!!

Bre321 01-04-2010 09:21 AM

Hi All!
Congrats on all of the successes! We made it through the holidays!

I go in tonight for my first weigh-in in about 2.5 weeks (I have not weighed in since the day before getting my gallbladder removed)

I am nervous and excited because I know that I am getting close to my goal weight! This journey has been hard for me to wrap my mind around. If someone would have told me at the end of August 2009 that by January I would lose 60+ lbs I would have thought that they were insane.

My Goals for 2010 are:

1.) Hit goal weight & try on wedding dresses for the first time!
2.) Maintain goal weight and work on toning
3.) Stay conscious and aware of the food and exercise choices that I am making
4.) Live a healthier life day-by-day (don't let one bad day allow me to sabotage myself!)

I will post my weigh-in results tonight! Keep your fingers crossed for me!

Desert-Rose7 01-04-2010 09:45 AM

*.*December Weight Loss Stats Extension*.*

Hello Everyone. First off, my apologies on the December weight loss stats. I am giving everyone a bit more time, as I have had some obstacles pop up in my life that have caused me to spend more time elsewhere rather than in here. So...reprieve...have those stats in by Friday, January 8, and I will include them in our "year end".

Thank you all for your patience and forbearance.

Jo

JulesDouce 01-04-2010 10:59 AM

DAY 2 for me!

1 Attachment(s)
Hi,

My name is Jules and this is my first week. I am DETERMINED to make this work because my pictures lately have just been depressing and I've recently recovered from a back injury that had me laid up gaining weight. I was told my caloric intake was to be 500-1000/day. Is anyone else having that many calories? 500 seems really low!!!!

Anyway, I'm following it and can't wait to see (and feel) the results. Love this website already and really appreciate all the advice + tips.

HAPPY NEW YEAR & HAPPY, HEALTHY SKINNY WISHES TO YOU ALL!

Jules :D

By the way, that's me in the same dress a year ago....WTH!

duckwoman 01-04-2010 11:06 AM

Hi Jo/Desert Rose: I lost a total of 11.1 pounds for the month of December. Looking forward to the new year, new opportunities, new possibilities.

JulesDouce: When I first started, the doctor told me that I should eat between 500-700 calories. But now that I am losing on that, they are telling me to try and cut back and stay around the 500 calories. You will find a lot of good advice on this board. Good luck to you!

katew1129 01-04-2010 11:08 AM

Hello to all! Happy New Year! Hope everyone had a great holiday season! Mine was wonderful in terms of family and fun. My 2 year old loves everything about Christmas so it was just great! I did ok with the plan but was realistic with the constant traveling and maintained throughout which is what I wanted. I continued to exercise which I was happy with! I am so glad to me 100% back this week. I am doing all protein this week for a nice "reset".

Some goals for 2010:
* Hit goal by April & maintain after that
* Run my first race (doing this next weekend in Charleston)
* Start Yoga & Pilates (starting this weekend)
* Try to set more time aside for myself
* Organize my house....there are clothes stacked up in both spare bedrooms...seriously time to get rid of them...they are too big! :)

Jules, yes the first week is 500 protein calories. Are you taking the appetite suppressent? The first week can be rough but it is a great cleanse for your body and your weigh in results will show that!! Definitely read the week 1 sticky for great tips!

I have really enjoyed reading your goals for 2010. Thanks for sharing them!!! Happy New Year!

JulesDouce 01-04-2010 11:12 AM

500 - 1,000 Calories

Yes, I'm taking the appetite suppressant + all pills.

But on my starter kit paperwork where it said to aim for "500 calories a day" they nurse hand wrote on it: 500 - 1,000.

Should I follow her instructions or think I should stick to the 500?

Thanks everyone!