Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2010, 11:38 PM   #151
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Going2Lose
Stats: 5'8" 329/218/175
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: May 23, 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fit2010 View Post
Second weigh in tomorrow! Today I went out to a Mexican restaurant with my friends after church....I chewed my gum the whole time everyone around me ate the tortilla chips...I just looked at them as "poison" that would un-do me! (Remember my possible food allergy to corn? Besides, it's not allowed!) I ordered a side order of Carnitas (literally only the roasted pork meat) and a tossed salad, no dressing. I took 2/3 of the pork and 1/2 of the salad home for other meals. I visited with my friends and was completely satisfied. It was yummy! Plus I drank 2 glasses of water there. This will work in my life...I will make it work!
Good luck at your weigh in! Tell everyone hello.... since I also go to the Andover clinic! (I drive from 85 miles north of there..... so have not been able to get to clinic due to the ridiculous amount of snow we have!)

Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-2010, 05:49 AM   #152
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: crobyninc
Stats: 335/243/180
WOE: Low carb and watching calories
Start Date: March 9 2009
Amy congrats and Wow it is amazing how different you look. Congrats and Yes our Christmas 2010 is going to be another amazing picture difference! Here's to reaching goal in 2010!
Old 01-11-2010, 06:34 AM   #153
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: anewstart
Stats: 218.8/160.5/160
Start Date: October 19, 2009
Amy- Your pics are truly inspirational and you look amazing!
Susie- Congrats on your new Medi position! You ll be wonderful!
Mallory- Congrats on your success! You rocked it out!
Jerry- WOW.. thats all I can say to express my feelings about what you have accomplished!

Congrats to everyone who is losing ! Its time for me to buy smaller jeans yet again.. not that Im complaining. Weigh in is later this AM. Will be back to post my loss! : )

Sandra
Old 01-11-2010, 06:51 AM   #154
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Nick80
Stats: 6ft 249/175/180
WOE: Mediweight- maintenance
Start Date: October 1, 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDC2 View Post
Thank you all for the kind words and the faith you have in me. I am really looking forward to encouraging and guiding others to the success I've gotten to enjoy. Medi!
Susie
Congratulations!!!
Old 01-11-2010, 07:13 AM   #155
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: TriMom
Stats: 280.4/198.5/180
Start Date: July 21st, 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by anewstart View Post
Amy- Your pics are truly inspirational and you look amazing!
Susie- Congrats on your new Medi position! You ll be wonderful!
Mallory- Congrats on your success! You rocked it out!
Jerry- WOW.. thats all I can say to express my feelings about what you have accomplished!
I agree with all this! Amy----100 pounds since May is phenomenal! Jerry...you look so different than the last skinny pic! WOW! Thanks for posting pics

Sarai...I just wanted to send a supportive shout out to you! I am so glad you are back and committed! I know how great it is to get compliments from co-workers....last week someone said (about 20 feet from me, LOL)..."where's melissa?" I really thought she was asking where I going...so I said ..."I am going to the clinic".....She told me should could hardly see me I was so "thin"....I LOVE HER!

"Ultimately we know deeply that the other side of every fear is a freedom."
- Marilyn Ferguson
Old 01-11-2010, 07:20 AM   #156
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: JulesDouce
Start Date: 1/2/10
Week 1 was great, but where did the munchies come from?!

I finished week 1 on Sat and LOST 7.4 LBS! YAY!

Only problem is Sat and Sun I seemed to go into self sabotage mode. Went out to dinner Sat night and had seafood casserole (plain) with green beans...and 2 vodka + diet cokes. I only planned to order one but the waitress automatically brought a second round and I didnt want to be the freak sending my drink back for water the first night I meet my fiances friends...

For some reason Sat & Sun I became insatiably hungry. Had people over for the football game and a bunch of teens over hanging out. I made pasta, chips etc for the guests and I didn't touch any of it. When I did 'cheat' though, I made sure it was on protein. I ate alot of cheese, pepperoni, sliced ham and Kilbasa. Luckily Sun morning I was still in ketosis but didnt have time to check this morning.

I dont know why I was suddenly so hungry. Everyone around me had the hungry horrors too. I probly didnt drink enough fluids and stay on top of the pills. Its easier to do at work. Sometimes I think as soon as I lose a couple pounds sub-consciously I feel like I have to eat more so I dont starve or think I can eat more since i lost. Feels like SELF SABOTAGE!

Anyway, I'm back to the plan this morning and WRITING stuff down as I certainly did not want to document yesterday. I will be so disappointed if I mess up my weight loss efforts. Does this happen to anyone else?

Have a good week everyone!
Jules
Old 01-11-2010, 08:01 AM   #157
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SDC2
Stats: 5' 7.5" 218/150/155 Maintenance
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: November 20, 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabrsa26 View Post
Hi Everyone and happy new year as well! I haven't posted in a while as I was feeling guilty over my lack of self-control during the holidays. The emotions, all the rich tasting foods, and stress really got to me. I returned to my bad habits and just gave into my emotional food eating. The worst part was realizing I had gained three pounds after it cost me so much to lose them... The change in diet was not good for my body - I started getting sluggish and digestive system was shocked from all the rich foods.

Fortunately, I was able to put myself together and look back at the triggers that caused my fall downhill. I decided to start again (as I was no longer in ketosis) with week one, and I feel great again! I am once again motivated to move forward with my commitment to lose weight this year. I know that this method of weight loss works and I will continue to drive myself to the goal. I realize that if I do not change my form of emotional release - I will continue to fall into the same patterns.

I am now working really hard to correct issues and sticking to an exercise plan. I feel that the weight that I have lost so far is really allowing me to move so much more and not get so exhausted during workouts. Today, I got four compliments from co-workers who noticed that I had lost weight - it felt so good .

I am so close to the 40lb mark - I can already see it - this will be the least heavy that my husband has ever seen me!

Thank you to everyone for their postings - as they serve as a daily inspiration in my life!

Sarai
Sarai,

I am glad you are back. You can do this! I hope to meet you one day at our clinic. Keep an eye out for me.
Old 01-11-2010, 09:48 AM   #158
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
~Jules~ You ARE sabotaging yourself, and that is no way to begin this program. Alcohol - well only you can make that decision - but it is definitely not recommended while working the program. Take a peek at the Alcohol thread. While your body is ridding itself of carbs/sugar/bad stuff which takes a little while - is definitely not the time to allow yourself to fall off the wagon. This program will work but only if you commit to it 100% mind,body and soul. And YES, you DO NEED to journal everything that goes into your mouth. Everything. And you need to journal your pitfall over the weekend. It will help you to see where you are and give you a realistic picture of what you have done to yourself. You really are in denial - not writing it down - well maybe it didn't really happen..not so..it did. I give you credit for admitting everything here, that is a step in the right direction.

You have no statistics in your profile so I have no idea how tall you are
or what weight you are now or what your goal is. Putting those stats out there is another way to own up to who you are and who you want to become.

Sorry to be so brutally honest, but if you really want to succeed, you have to really commit. And it does not look like you have done that yet. But again, it is YOUR life, YOUR body, YOUR health, and YOUR hard earned money. This is not a quick fix program. It is most definitely a way of life that you will either embrace and succeed, or not. The choice is yours, and yours alone.

Jo
Old 01-11-2010, 11:09 AM   #159
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: JulesDouce
Start Date: 1/2/10
KICK IN THE PANTS MUCH!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert-Rose7 View Post
~Jules~ You ARE sabotaging yourself, and that is no way to begin this program. Alcohol - well only you can make that decision - but it is definitely not recommended while working the program. Take a peek at the Alcohol thread. While your body is ridding itself of carbs/sugar/bad stuff which takes a little while - is definitely not the time to allow yourself to fall off the wagon. This program will work but only if you commit to it 100% mind,body and soul. And YES, you DO NEED to journal everything that goes into your mouth. Everything. And you need to journal your pitfall over the weekend. It will help you to see where you are and give you a realistic picture of what you have done to yourself. You really are in denial - not writing it down - well maybe it didn't really happen..not so..it did. I give you credit for admitting everything here, that is a step in the right direction.

You have no statistics in your profile so I have no idea how tall you are
or what weight you are now or what your goal is. Putting those stats out there is another way to own up to who you are and who you want to become.

Sorry to be so brutally honest, but if you really want to succeed, you have to really commit. And it does not look like you have done that yet. But again, it is YOUR life, YOUR body, YOUR health, and YOUR hard earned money. This is not a quick fix program. It is most definitely a way of life that you will either embrace and succeed, or not. The choice is yours, and yours alone.

Jo
Desert-Rose - WOW! Thanks for a huge kick in the pants!

I'll admit I was a little irritated at first, but you are right on many points. The alcohol I was advised on by the nurse at my clinic. She said one drink was ok as long as it was vodka and diet. I know its only on a rare occasion and not a daily thing so it was a risk I was willing to take this time. I watched people mowing on ice cream, candy, chips, etc and by Sunday I think it got to me! (Alot of teens around and an unhealthy fiance)

But, I did take your advice. I went back and tried to journal in everything I ate. Surprisingly, I didn't do too bad! I stayed at or below 1000 calories both Sat + Sun which according to my clinic is my limit. And luckily they were all proteins so my carbs were very low. I feel better being accountable for the overeating though.

I am back on my Medi Loss horse today and determined to do better!

THANKS!
Old 01-11-2010, 11:21 AM   #160
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mommy-2-girls
Stats: 5'9" 299.2/249.2/180
WOE: Medi Weight Loss/Wii Fit/Yoga
Start Date: Restart after pregnancy bedrest: January 5, 2011
Quote:
Desert-Rose - WOW! Thanks for a huge kick in the pants!
Yup, any time you need a kick in the pants, Jo's your gal! Seriously, though, Jo is fully commited to this program and has the results to show for it! Her advice to you was good and I'm glad you were able to go back through your journals. See if you can get some additional exercise in the next couple days and that could help to make up for going overboard this weekend a bit
Old 01-11-2010, 11:35 AM   #161
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Cabrsa26
Stats: 234/194/145
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDC2 View Post
Sarai,

I am glad you are back. You can do this! I hope to meet you one day at our clinic. Keep an eye out for me.
Hi Susie!
Congratulations! You are definitely a great asset for the clinic. Are you going to be working out of the Winter Park clinic? If so, I guess I will see you there

Sarai
Old 01-11-2010, 12:50 PM   #162
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabrsa26 View Post
Hi Susie!
Congratulations! You are definitely a great asset for the clinic. Are you going to be working out of the Winter Park clinic? If so, I guess I will see you there

Sarai
I thought you were at the Sandlake clinic. I was going to interview for a position at the Winter Park office, but realized it would be a very long commute on I-4 and the 408.
Old 01-11-2010, 12:51 PM   #163
Major LCF Poster!

Amy, I don't know how I missed your picture, but you look amazing. I am so proud of you. Keep up the hard work and get her done!
Old 01-11-2010, 01:18 PM   #164
Major LCF Poster!

Dlites soft serve ice cream

I just tried Dlites ice cream for the first time. I think I just died and went to heaven. I had the chocolate fudge and a 4 oz cup is only 2g carbs and 50 calories. Of course I had to have the 8 oz cup! I am going to be a regular customer.
Old 01-11-2010, 01:32 PM   #165
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: malloryann11
Stats: 185/179.6/160
WOE: MWL
Start Date: November 3, 2009, Restart Aug. 24 2010
Congrats to all the losers...
Eating has been so weird since I just got back to college and am in need to a grocery store run haha going today to get my london broil!! And will be walking 30 min today!!
Going to MWL on Wednesday for my maintenance meeting!

Susie- We have a place like that in Waco, I only go once every two weeks to kill my ice cream cravings... I rush home and put Walden Farms chocolate on top... so yummy!!!
Old 01-11-2010, 02:27 PM   #166
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: sunshines6
Stats: 181/161.8/125 (5ft4)
thanks!

hi everyone - just wanted to say thank you again for all of your help this past week. had my first weigh in today and i am down 7 lbs (4.5 fat, 2.5 water)! very excited for another great week!
Old 01-11-2010, 03:27 PM   #167
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: saraanne
Stats: 188/161/140
WOE: Medi-Weight Loss
Start Date: 01/06/10
okay, i think I cheated. I really justed need a little something so I ate 3, and only 3, of those cocoa almonds that many of you have suggested. I am only in week one so now paranoia has set in. A nut is protein isn't it, but is it an allowable protein. I am so confused.

I guess the lesson is if I think I cheated I probably did. Thanks for letting me vent.
sara
Old 01-11-2010, 04:35 PM   #168
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: anewstart
Stats: 218.8/160.5/160
Ok everyone.. back again.. todays wiegh in.. down another 2lbs! Still moving in the right direction!!! 37.8 lbs in 11 weeks!

Everyone keep up the good work!

Sandra
Old 01-11-2010, 04:52 PM   #169
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: fitin2010
Stats: 211/203.6/150
WOE: medi
Start Date: January 2010
saraanne....That is so funny that you made that post because I did the exact same thing! I am on day 3 today and I ate 3 of those almonds. I am still so tempted to finish off the 100 calorie pack but I know we are not supposed to! I will be so glad when week one is over!!
Old 01-11-2010, 05:05 PM   #170
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: hlkgirl
Stats: 209.6/196.6/150
Start Date: 01/06/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitin2010 View Post
saraanne....That is so funny that you made that post because I did the exact same thing! I am on day 3 today and I ate 3 of those almonds. I am still so tempted to finish off the 100 calorie pack but I know we are not supposed to! I will be so glad when week one is over!!
I admit it, I had 4 on day four...too funny. I bought them and wanted to make certain I liked them. I did. Unfortunately I bought a container instead of 100 calories packs, self control is difficult. I really liked them. I'll be certain to count them, of course when I can have them. Tomorrow is my first weigh in...
Old 01-11-2010, 05:14 PM   #171
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Congratulations on the losses Sandra and Sunshines6! We are in for the big loss of the year! I am so glad to be away from 190, and away from 180. I never want those numbers again! Let's stick together on this journey!
Old 01-11-2010, 07:07 PM   #172
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AshleyR
Stats: 6'~250.2/195/180
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: October 12, 2009
Susie~ WOW.. how exciting! Congrats on the job! WHOOT!

Amy- you look FAB.. congrats!

Jerry~ Look at you.. You look amazing as always..

CONGRATS to all the loosers! I am SO proud of you all!

I had my weigh in this am.. I am SO close to ONEDERLAND! I am beyond excited.. shocked to be honest. In 12 weeks I have lost almost 50 pounds. I have only 20 more until my final "goal"...

Down another 3 pounds today! WHOOT!
Old 01-11-2010, 09:55 PM   #173
Major LCF Poster!

Congrats to Sandra, Sunshines, and Ashley on your losses. You guys are doing great. Ashley, I can't wait to see you make goal and start maintenance. Well done!
Old 01-11-2010, 10:11 PM   #174
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Going2Lose
Stats: 5'8" 329/218/175
Start Date: May 23, 2009
Thanks all for the nice compliments! It took a lot for me to put "fat pictures" out there for all to see...... but we are all friends here, right?!! I have actually finally starting exercising as well........ I just could not add that component until about a month ago! I now have a Wii Fit Plus and have done it daily each day of 2010 and increase my MET points activities each day!

I am thinking about a home elliptical now.. any thoughts there? I live in smallsville and no fitness centers within 30 miles. (I drive 85 miles one way to clinic! )

I also am thinking of accepting an offer to go on a group cruise over Memorial Day. This is something that I would have NEVER considered over the last decade because of weight issues. We'll see......

Thanks again, my cyber Medi friends!
Old 01-12-2010, 05:06 AM   #175
Senior LCF Member

Wow Amy, 85 miles one way? And you have children at home, right (based on your photo)? That's awesome.. I'm going to remember that one next time somebody tells me they don't have time to get to the clinics!
Old 01-12-2010, 05:45 AM   #176
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: crobyninc
Stats: 335/243/180
WOE: Low carb and watching calories
Start Date: March 9 2009
Jessica, I agree, Amy you have committment, no doubt about it. Hope you find something that you will like to use at home. Good luck. I can't offer any advice, I walk in our neighborhood. I know that probably isn't an option for you in the winter in Kansas, unless you walk many times around your living room - lol!!!!
Old 01-12-2010, 06:44 AM   #177
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: rebecca1902
Stats: 350/255/180
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 01.08.1993
Good Morning to everyone!!! I hope that everyone is still on track and doing well. I too fell into the same boat as Cabrsa26 and am back on track. I feel that it is a great thing to have a site like this to come to for insite and inspiration. People around my have really noticed my success on Medi, even though I got a little side tracked over the holidays, and they tell me that I am an inspiration to them. There is not a day that goes by that someone dosen't say that to me. I gladly thank them and tell them my praises of the Medi program and this site. So thanks again for all the helpful posts. Does anyone know if there is a cookbook book that has been made of all the medi approved recipes that we see on here? I thought that I seen a post one time where there was one.
Old 01-12-2010, 06:53 AM   #178
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: malloryann11
Stats: 185/179.6/160
Start Date: November 3, 2009, Restart Aug. 24 2010
Morning Everyone! Wow being involved in a musical production has really put my exercise wants on the back burner... I really wanted to walk/run yesterday but got out of meeting for soloist at 7:30 and had to be back at 8 until 11... Any hints??

I will be starting yoga on Thursday and Zumba on Tuesday next week
Old 01-12-2010, 07:22 AM   #179
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: TriMom
Stats: 280.4/198.5/180
Start Date: July 21st, 2009
HUGE milestones for me!

Hi All-

Today, I hit 4 milestones that never in my wildest dreams....last July......thought was possible...and I did this all in one weigh-in! I am really excited even more so because I gained a little weight over the holiday and my anniversary was this past Sunday.

1) I am in the 80 pound club
2) I am no longer obese, just overweight
3) I am wearing an Ann Taylor pencil skirt in size 14. (It was a hand me down and I have never bought or worn anything from Ann Taylor in my life).
4) I am in the 100's.

I have 19 more pounds until I reach my goal and you can bet I am going to finish strong! I am so excited.... This program, the clinic staff, my friends here at home who have/are doing this program and you guys really have shown me that anything is possible. My only hope would be for anyone to never EVER give up!

(oh and by the way....my husband and I weigh 45 pounds LESS as a couple than we did on our wedding day....it is a wonderful feeling!)
Old 01-12-2010, 07:26 AM   #180
Senior LCF Member

TriMom- YAY! I'm so proud of you! You and I started at close to the same weight and have similar goals. We're neck and neck girlie! Once I'm able to restart Acute at the end of the week, let's keep each other on track
Closed Thread