Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2010, 02:00 PM   #61
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: hlkgirl
Stats: 209.6/196.6/150
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 01/06/2010
Sunshine6 today is my first day and I'm a carboholic, and along with you I do not like seafood, cottage cheese, or vegetables for that matter. So maybe we can share experiences and find things the other might like...luckily or unluckily I can stand tuna. Thankfully I don't drink, my biggest pain is chocolate, but I feel it's like a drug and would a drug addict allow themselves, just one bite? I have no control and I feel that this gives it back to me. I am curious to see how the first week goes...very nice to have this forum to share ideas and experiences. Thank you!

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat."
– F. Scott Fitzgerald

Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2010, 03:20 PM   #62
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: anewstart
Stats: 218.8/160.5/160
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: October 19, 2009
Bre... Congratulations!!!! I can hardly wait to be where you are! Have fun trying on dresses!!

sunshine6.. all of the advice given to you is right on target.. it wont be easy to go to all the social events and pass on all the temptations, but it will be worth it! My first week I had a wedding to attend with a 5 hr open bar and food staions everywhere.. I opted for roast beef and called it a day!

This WOL is wonderful... I cant believe the results when the plan is followed!

Sandra
Old 01-05-2010, 04:37 PM   #63
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LostinAusten
Stats: 187.5/158/130
WOE: 1st MWL, now HCG
Start Date: 12/29/09
I just can't believe I did this. Just can't believe it!!!!!

I just realized that I drank a FULL Pepsi decaffinated and not DIET.

What do I do? Is my ketosis gone now? Should I eat nothing else? Do you think if I go work it off at the gym once my husband gets home I will be ok? Or should I just go back to Week 1 to be safe? I also feel really sick. I guess my body was used to eating well with all of this protein. I am such an idiot!
Old 01-05-2010, 05:00 PM   #64
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: nomorerolls
Stats: 169/141/125
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 11/11/09
Lostin..
Well if it were me I'd count the 100 calories off your calorie allowance and eat the rest in protein. At 28 grams of carbs it will most likely kick you out but go strict for the next two days and you should be right back in ketosis...the sick feel will pass!
Old 01-06-2010, 03:42 AM   #65
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tracy_d
Stats: 5'7'' 191.5/150.5/150 now on maintenance
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: June 8, 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by hlkgirl View Post
Sunshine6 today is my first day and I'm a carboholic, and along with you I do not like seafood, cottage cheese, or vegetables for that matter. So maybe we can share experiences and find things the other might like...luckily or unluckily I can stand tuna. Thankfully I don't drink, my biggest pain is chocolate, but I feel it's like a drug and would a drug addict allow themselves, just one bite? I have no control and I feel that this gives it back to me. I am curious to see how the first week goes...very nice to have this forum to share ideas and experiences. Thank you!
I'm like you too. I don't like cottage cheese by itself. I always had to put pineapple in it. But since pineapple isn't allowed for now try this...
1/2 cup cottage cheese with sugar free jelly.
1/2 cup cottage cheese with 1 packet of truvia, pumpkin spice and cinnamon to your liking. (I loved this one!!!- it was like having a dessert)

Chocolate....I was addicted too...after week one, I always kept sugar free bite sized hershey's bars in the pantry. When I wanted the chocolate, I would eat one or two with a little tiny scoop of peanut butter- perfect to stop the craving and the serving size on the chocolate is 5 pieces, so it's about 50 calories total for one piece w/ peanut butter. And since it's not REAL chocolate with sugar, I had not problem stopping.

This WOE is definitely do-able and easy once you get past week one!!
Old 01-06-2010, 04:05 AM   #66
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: marymo
Stats: 292/197/187
Start Date: Dec 2, 2009
Had a little minor setback!

Hello all!

It is so great to see everyone losing all the weight! I am so proud of you all.

For the first time after one month, I had a small setback! I went to a New Year's Day party (thinking I was confident) that I can make the right food choices. So I did NOT bring any backup proteins with me in a baggie to be on the safe side. I had also made Black Eyed Peas and Cornbread for the potluck (in the honor of my deceased parents) as they always made that for New Year's Day. I said only one bite each for me, WRONG!!!!!

I had several and then some! Boy, I learned my lesson, it threw me out of ketosis and it took me three days to back into it!

However, I did "up" the exercise and I weighed in yesterday, and whew! I still lost 3.4 lbs for the week.

But this gave me a scare! I know now that when I go out and make social plans. I definitely need to be prepared to bring back-up proteins, in case anything does not fit my plan.

I also ate my own food before I went out with my friend, last Monday. She is also heavy but was a little put off when I told her I will go with her but I will have just a cup of hot tea while she has dinner. I know I made her upset cuz I did tell her last week that I would eat with her, however, after I botched it up last week. I said to myself, I have to take care of me and not please others! So she may be a little miffed, but that too will pass!

So I am so humbled by this experience!!

Furthermore, I want to APPLAUD all of you NORTHERNER's for your committment to exercise. I could not beleive how I had a hard time to go exercise these past few days, as it has been so cold here in Florida (probably not by your standards)! I do not know how you "gals and guys" do it - trudging out to the very cold weather! So kudo's to you all! It did put a damper on my exercise routine this week!

So let's all march onward to victory this year to 2010!

Pre-MWL: -5 loss then Month 1: -23 ~ Month 2: -12.5 ~ Month 3: -12 ~ Month 4: -10.8 ~ Month 5: -10.5 ~ Month 6: -8.2 ~ Month 7: -8.6 ~ Month 8: 4.4 ~~
Total Loss 95 lbs in 8 months ~~
Goodbye 200s!! Whoo! Hoo! Hallelujah! God is great! I am in ONEderland! 10 more pounds to my goal!
“Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.” -- Helen Keller
“What I am looking for is not "out there", it is in me” -- Helen Keller
Old 01-06-2010, 04:44 AM   #67
Senior LCF Member

My goals for 2010! (actually I am going to start with a halfsie here) goal date June 30, 2010

1) make my initial goal weight of 220 lbs (2 1/2 yrs ago I was 224 for my daughter's wedding)
before I go to Philadelphia for a week-long "National Deaf Assoc. Conference" in July) <in case you wondered, yes, I am deaf, speak well, and know sign language fluently!>
2) when the weather warms up, start incorporating swimming, biking, and swinging tennis balls against the backboard in my exercise routine (these used to be my favorite things to do)
Old 01-06-2010, 05:37 AM   #68
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: sunshines6
Stats: 181/161.8/125 (5ft4)
day 2..

Hi all, I am on to day 2 and feeling great. A little nervous to go out tonight with friends but I'm sure it will go fine. Two questions:

-How do you count calories when you modify items to fit the plan and the published nutrition facts are incorrect? For example, I am eating a turkey sausage egg white flatbread from Dunkin Donuts for breakfast, which has 280 calories, but I ordered it with no cheese and obviously I am not eating the bread. So I'm not sure how I should mark down the calories? I really have no idea how many calories it is now.

-I tested with the sticks and was on the moderate level for Ketosis this morning. Is this normal since I am only on day 2?

Thanks!
Old 01-06-2010, 06:09 AM   #69
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DreamWarrior
Stats: 161/161/145
Start Date: 23 Oct 09
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshines6 View Post

-How do you count calories when you modify items to fit the plan and the published nutrition facts are incorrect? For example, I am eating a turkey sausage egg white flatbread from Dunkin Donuts for breakfast, which has 280 calories, but I ordered it with no cheese and obviously I am not eating the bread. So I'm not sure how I should mark down the calories? I really have no idea how many calories it is now.

-I tested with the sticks and was on the moderate level for Ketosis this morning. Is this normal since I am only on day 2?

Thanks!
Hi Sunshines!!

Don’t worry about the Ketosis since you're only on day two. You’re not supposed to check it until day 3 or later anyway... but you're right on track if your moderate now.

As far as eating at DD... I don’t recommend it. You're better off throwing that meal away and sticking to protein shakes if you're in a hurry. Fast food is not your friend on this plan and should only be used in an emergency situation. Plus, you just spent $3.00 on egg whites, when if you made them at home, microwaved them at work, etc... would only cost you about 25 cents each. Check out the menu/recipe threads for some great ideas for foods on the go.

Fast food calories and serving sizes are always off/wrong cause you never know exactly what's in it/what it's made of/how they cooked it, so go with the highest calorie count you can think of - just to be on the safe side.

Good luck!!
Old 01-06-2010, 07:58 AM   #70
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: crobyninc
Stats: 335/243/180
WOE: Low carb and watching calories
Start Date: March 9 2009
Excellent advice Dreamwarrior. Eating out can be a big disaster on this plan just because you don't know what has been used. Stick with your own cooking, you know what you put in it. Also the EAS shakes make a great on the go breakfast, keep them on hand for situations that are out of your control.

Also moderate ketosis is great, any color on the stick is good news - that being said, too dark, heavy, means you are not drinking enough water.

Make sure to drink your gallon of water everyday.
Old 01-06-2010, 08:23 AM   #71
Senior LCF Member

Ugh! PMS sucks!! Im soo hungry I might just drive into Sussex county and eat a whole cow!!

Normally Id last through lunch with a small breakfast, but today, lunch is coming early!

Im also cranky and frustrated. Just had to put it out there! LOL!!
Old 01-06-2010, 08:29 AM   #72
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LostinAusten
Stats: 187.5/158/130
WOE: 1st MWL, now HCG
Start Date: 12/29/09
Thanks nomorerolls! I ate a small amount of protein and nothing else after yesterday's mishap and drank water like crazy. Amazingly I was still in moderate ketosis this am and the same weight. But I will be triple-checking any "diet" soda can I grab when I do drink it again.
Old 01-06-2010, 09:09 AM   #73
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: JulesDouce
Start Date: 1/2/10
NO KETOSIS!!!! WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?????

I've been following the program since Sunday - but I checked today and the Ketosis test was NEGATIVE!!!

Here is what I've been eating:

Day 1 - Salmon, Haddock, Chicken (800 cals)
Day 2 - Pork chops, shrimp, chicken, broth (800 cals)
Day 3 - Salmon, Chicken, Ham, eggbeater, coffee w/spenda (550 cals)
Day 4 - TODAY - eggbeater, coffee w/splenda

I've been drinking TONS - water, crystal light, powerade 0 - and taking the pills. Does anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong? The RN told me to stick to 500-1000 cals of protein only....that's what I've been doing.

HELP!
Old 01-06-2010, 10:38 AM   #74
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulesDouce View Post
I've been following the program since Sunday - but I checked today and the Ketosis test was NEGATIVE!!!

I've been drinking TONS - water, crystal light, powerade 0 - and taking the pills. Does anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong? The RN told me to stick to 500-1000 cals of protein only....that's what I've been doing.

HELP!
Maybe its not you... maybe its the sticks. They may be compromised and giving false readings OR maybe your body will kick into ketosis later on... Looks to me like you've been eating/drinking right.

When do you check for ketones? Do you test right on the strip or dip into a container? There are sooo many variables; I'd start striking things out with the testing method before blaming yourself or the diet.
Old 01-06-2010, 11:58 AM   #75
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: katew1129
Stats: 232/212/130
WOE: Medi-weight loss
Start Date: January 2013
I agree with dreamwarrior....could be the sticks. You are also only on day 4 so give it another day or so. If it still stays neg I would run to walmart or cvs and buy more. There are a lot of variables. I only test in the AM and I dip into a container.

From what you posted you are eating you are in good shape. If I were in your situation I would buy more sticks and try again tomorrow morning.
Old 01-06-2010, 01:05 PM   #76
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CCCOX
Stats: 195-135-135
Start Date: 1/5/10
Hi--so I am new-but I am determined to make this work and make a life style change-I have done weight watchers and Atkins-lost some but gained it all back plus some--I am 31 years old and refuse to have my picture takes because they make me cry- I am not the same person I was that my husband married 9 years ago-and I miss that person. I am very private and trying to keep this to just my husband and my parents and a few very close friends.

I have realized if I do not do this-my daughters will never have a picture of me with them--and I do not want that. Also my sister is getting married and I do not want to be the heavy one yet again==I was never heavy until I had my first daughter who is now 6--I can LOOSE THIS! I have to stick to the plan and I will--I have faith!

I know that no carbs will work it has in the past-I just must first get through this first week--and weekend-they are always my hardest.

About working out starting week 2--I have two children and work 7-5--the last thing I want to do is be away from them in the evenings--have any of you used the Wii Fit?
Old 01-06-2010, 01:12 PM   #77
Senior LCF Member

my other thing is drinking all this water--I love water do not get me wrong-but I have never been one to drink all day long-just not thirsty and do not think about it--
Old 01-06-2010, 01:55 PM   #78
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: missyd
Hey all, Went for weigh in today down another 2 lbs ,now only 4 to get to goal. I'm super psyched. I am however very fearful since the DR. at the clinic told me to start incorporating a starch into my diet,so very scared of carbs now. I dont want to screw myself up when I am so close to goal. Any advise from any senior members on this?
Well I hope everyone else had a good week,talk to you soon . MissyD
Old 01-06-2010, 02:24 PM   #79
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tracy_d
Stats: 5'7'' 191.5/150.5/150 now on maintenance
Start Date: June 8, 2009
Quote:

HELP!
give it another day or two. Also if you are drinking tons of water- it may be diluting your urine and you can't see the ketones.
Old 01-06-2010, 04:55 PM   #80
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Rochelle91214
Stats: 207/176/150
Start Date: October 23, 2009-Restarted on July 7, 2010
Hi all... Went for my weigh in today and I'm down another 2 pounds which means I have lost 30.1 pounds so far!!!!!!!!!!!!! I really can not even believe it!! I am out of the 180's forever! I can not remember a time when I was in the 170's!!! WOW what an awesome feeling!

Congrats to everyone else on their losses! Congrats Missy on being so close to goal!!! I can't wait to be at goal! Hopefully with a lot of hard work it will be in the next few months!!

Also, I went to the movies last night (saw Up In The Air, which was SO good by the way.. highly recommend it!) and all I had was a bottle of water and some of the Medi Gummies from the recipe thread. I am proud of myself for staying strong and NOT getting popcorn!!

Anyway, enough rambling! Keep up the good work everyone!

I LOVE MEDI!

"Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels"
Old 01-06-2010, 06:22 PM   #81
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

HELP!
It has to the be ketone sticks that gone bad. Mine also went bad last week, I went to the MWL clinic and asked for a new one as I only used 30 days of it, they replaced it for me free.

So you could do the same. Also I did buy Walgreens brand and tried both at the same time and I noticed Walgreens was kind of light compared to the MWL version. It show me as moderate with MWL while Walgreens said I was small. So it is different.

Just thought you should know.
Old 01-07-2010, 03:00 AM   #82
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: missyd
Hey Rochelle, good for you girl .another good weight loss week. You must feel fantastic.
job well done. I dont know about you but I think its time to go shopping because everything I own is so big now,what a great feeling! What a fantastic way of eating for us,it sure seems to be working. Congrats ,MissyD
Old 01-07-2010, 05:21 AM   #83
Junior LCF Member

day 3

hlk girl - how is it going? i have not been as limited with the food (or maybe i should say i have not been as unsatisfied with the options) as i thought i might be when i started. i have a ton of omaha steaks marinated chicken breasts in the freezer and last night i ate one of them for dinner.. it was good, filling, and only 90 calories. this morning i had an omelette (1 egg white, 1 egg) and it was delicious.

as for those of you who are experts.. i am starting not to feel so great. any thoughts? i have had trouble sleeping the past two nights and i'm not sure if it is the lack of sleep catching up with me or the lack of carbs. today i have a headache again (i was mostly headache free on day 2 as compared to day 1), i'm totally exhausted and feeling a lack of energy, and my legs are aching. however.. this may all be because i normally get 8 hours of sleep per night and the past two nights i've only gotten 6.
Old 01-07-2010, 05:59 AM   #84
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SDC2
Stats: 5' 7.5" 218/150/155 Maintenance
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: November 20, 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshines6 View Post
hlk girl - how is it going? i have not been as limited with the food (or maybe i should say i have not been as unsatisfied with the options) as i thought i might be when i started. i have a ton of omaha steaks marinated chicken breasts in the freezer and last night i ate one of them for dinner.. it was good, filling, and only 90 calories. this morning i had an omelette (1 egg white, 1 egg) and it was delicious.

as for those of you who are experts.. i am starting not to feel so great. any thoughts? i have had trouble sleeping the past two nights and i'm not sure if it is the lack of sleep catching up with me or the lack of carbs. today i have a headache again (i was mostly headache free on day 2 as compared to day 1), i'm totally exhausted and feeling a lack of energy, and my legs are aching. however.. this may all be because i normally get 8 hours of sleep per night and the past two nights i've only gotten 6.
The way you are feeling is completely normal as part of the carb withdrawl. It will pass in a day or two and you will feel better than ever. Try adding the chicken broth or EAS shakes to see if they will help with the headaches and weak feeling. As for the difficulty sleeping, it may be your body adjusting to the AS. You might want to try taking your last dose earlier in the day or cutting it in half.
Old 01-07-2010, 06:38 AM   #85
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Laura0126
Stats: 207/179.4/145
Start Date: January 2010
Day 2

Hi all! I am on Day 2 here. I really dont feel that bad! We will see as the day progresses. I also thought I would be really hungry last night but I wasnt at all and I slept pretty good. I had a medi shake for breakfast and not really my favorite! I think maybe I blended it to much bc it was really frothy. Are they always like that or did I do something wrong? Any tips to make them better that are allowed on Week 1?
Old 01-07-2010, 07:04 AM   #86
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCCOX View Post
About working out starting week 2--I have two children and work 7-5--the last thing I want to do is be away from them in the evenings--have any of you used the Wii Fit?
I dont have the Wii Fit, but I know a lot of people who use it with good results... we have a Medi Exercise thread that you can check out and see what everyone does and comment there for suggestions/feedback.

As far as the water part goes, increase your water intake gradually. You'll get used to it and it will come second nature. I now drink 16 oz automatically when I wake up in the morning, when in the past the first thing I would drink is coffee. I always have a bottle with me at work that I fill up throughout the day, and I drink water at all my meals. Right now, coffee and water (sometimes herbal tea) is all drink.

Its a lifestyle adjustment and you can do it! We've all done it, even the skeptics have adjusted and succeeded!
Old 01-07-2010, 09:55 AM   #87
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDC2 View Post
The way you are feeling is completely normal as part of the carb withdrawl. It will pass in a day or two and you will feel better than ever. Try adding the chicken broth or EAS shakes to see if they will help with the headaches and weak feeling. As for the difficulty sleeping, it may be your body adjusting to the AS. You might want to try taking your last dose earlier in the day or cutting it in half.
Question - I am kind of weird about canned soups and I really just don't like plain chicken broth at all unless it is homemade (which I don't have time for). I also don't like diet shakes. I think it's something about premade foods, etc, I am really just picky and have this weird thing about them. However, I saw online that the EAS shakes have 3 carbs. Can I have a 1/2 cup of broccoli or something instead of this? I was thinking definitely not until my first weigh in but if I can have a shake then maybe I am misunderstanding? I am also having some stomach issues from lack of fiber (this has always been a problem for me and I was worried about what no fiber in my diet would do) and I think that introducing some vegetables would help that.
Old 01-07-2010, 10:53 AM   #88
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mommy-2-girls
Stats: 5'9" 299.2/249.2/180
WOE: Medi Weight Loss/Wii Fit/Yoga
Start Date: Restart after pregnancy bedrest: January 5, 2011
Quote:
Just wanted to chime in on this. I work from home and have 2 children, ages 2 1/2 and 14 months. I started on Medi using Wii Fit as my primary form of exercise and it was GREAT! I could do it during naps or in the evening. If I was a morning person I could have done it early (Ha!). Focus on the step aerobics, running, and boxing. Those will get your heart rate up to burn more calories. The other stuff is fun (balance, etc) but do 30 minutes in the aerobics area first, then do other activities if you have time. I loved the free step. I would set it for 30 minutes, then switch over to watch a show with DH while the controller clicked off the steps. LOVE it!

It was a "safe" way for me to start exercising! I also now go to yoga 2x per week and found that Saturday morning or Sunday afternoons work well. Mine still take naps, so we get home from church, eat lunch, and the my husband puts them down and they sleep while I'm gone.

But Wii is a great thing to start with! You can also alternate that with family walks in the evening

Mommy to THREE sweeties, ages 4(g), 3(g), and 8 months(b)!

Lost 100 pounds on Medi in 2009! Gained it back during bedrest for a high-risk pregnancy Restart: January 2012!!

Week 1: -12.8 pounds
Month 1: -20.6 pounds
Month 2: -16.8 pounds
Old 01-07-2010, 11:59 AM   #89
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy-2-girls View Post
Just wanted to chime in on this. I work from home and have 2 children, ages 2 1/2 and 14 months. I started on Medi using Wii Fit as my primary form of exercise and it was GREAT! I could do it during naps or in the evening. If I was a morning person I could have done it early (Ha!). Focus on the step aerobics, running, and boxing. Those will get your heart rate up to burn more calories. The other stuff is fun (balance, etc) but do 30 minutes in the aerobics area first, then do other activities if you have time. I loved the free step. I would set it for 30 minutes, then switch over to watch a show with DH while the controller clicked off the steps. LOVE it!

It was a "safe" way for me to start exercising! I also now go to yoga 2x per week and found that Saturday morning or Sunday afternoons work well. Mine still take naps, so we get home from church, eat lunch, and the my husband puts them down and they sleep while I'm gone.

But Wii is a great thing to start with! You can also alternate that with family walks in the evening
Thank you!!
Old 01-07-2010, 12:25 PM   #90
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Cabrsa26
Stats: 234/194/145
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: October 19, 2009
Hi Everyone and happy new year as well! I haven't posted in a while as I was feeling guilty over my lack of self-control during the holidays. The emotions, all the rich tasting foods, and stress really got to me. I returned to my bad habits and just gave into my emotional food eating. The worst part was realizing I had gained three pounds after it cost me so much to lose them... The change in diet was not good for my body - I started getting sluggish and digestive system was shocked from all the rich foods.

Fortunately, I was able to put myself together and look back at the triggers that caused my fall downhill. I decided to start again (as I was no longer in ketosis) with week one, and I feel great again! I am once again motivated to move forward with my commitment to lose weight this year. I know that this method of weight loss works and I will continue to drive myself to the goal. I realize that if I do not change my form of emotional release - I will continue to fall into the same patterns.

I am now working really hard to correct issues and sticking to an exercise plan. I feel that the weight that I have lost so far is really allowing me to move so much more and not get so exhausted during workouts. Today, I got four compliments from co-workers who noticed that I had lost weight - it felt so good .

I am so close to the 40lb mark - I can already see it - this will be the least heavy that my husband has ever seen me!

Thank you to everyone for their postings - as they serve as a daily inspiration in my life!

Sarai
Closed Thread