Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2010, 11:12 AM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DreamWarrior
Stats: 161/161/145
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: 23 Oct 09
Yay!!! Welcome back Jennifer!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenCityDiva View Post
Hey everyone!!! HAPPY NEW YEAR! I'm loving 2010 already!

I'm glad to be back on the Medi bus and looking forward to sticking to it this time!

My goals for 2010 are:
1. To get to my goal weight by my birthday (June)
2. To complete the C25K program by consistently running
3. To continue with the P90X workout program
4. To stay committed through all of my hurdles
5. To be healthy and ready to plan a pregnancy for later this year.

I'm ready to DO THIS and I'm so excited to back with my favorite group of LOSERS!

Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2010, 11:33 AM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bre321 View Post
My Goals for 2010 are:

1.) Hit goal weight & try on wedding dresses for the first time!
Oh!! How exciting!! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE weddings!!
Old 01-04-2010, 11:40 AM   #33
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: JulesDouce
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: 1/2/10
WEDDING DRESS!!!

DreamWarrior - I am right there with you! My goal is to start trying on wedding dresses once I lose some of this weight. We will have to keep in touch and motivate each other. NO FAT BRIDES HERE - We are going to LOVE OUR WEDDING PICS!!!!!!
Old 01-04-2010, 11:45 AM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulesDouce View Post
DreamWarrior - I am right there with you! My goal is to start trying on wedding dresses once I lose some of this weight. We will have to keep in touch and motivate each other. NO FAT BRIDES HERE - We are going to LOVE OUR WEDDING PICS!!!!!!
Well, I’m not the bride... Bre is... however; I hope that I'll be bride soon! LOL!

I’m totally addicted to everything wedding. WE channel is on lock down on Sundays. It’s nothing but wedding reruns until the new stuff in the evening. Luckily, everyone at home tolerates the tv take over on Sunday.
Old 01-04-2010, 03:52 PM   #35
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: anewstart
Stats: 218.8/160.5/160
Start Date: October 19, 2009
Hi everyone..

Weigh in today -3lbs! thats a grand total of 36.8lbs in 11 weeks..! Im so happy to have the New Year start without having to promise myself I would do something about my weight.. I am doing something about it and I feel great!!!

Goals for 2010
Reach goal by April 2010
Join a gym
Succeed at maintenance
Treat myself the way I treat others

I love Medi!

Sandra
Old 01-04-2010, 04:23 PM   #36
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: sunshines6
Stats: 181/161.8/125 (5ft4)
Hi everyone - this is my first week - today was my first day. I pretty much had a panic attack on the way home! I REALLY want to make this work (I NEED to make this work) but I am not sure how I can get through the first week with no vegetables at all. I am a picky eater already (don't eat any kind of seafood at all, or deli meats or cottage cheese) and I don't know how I am going to go a whole week on eggs and grilled chicken, basically. Also, I happen to have four - yes four - social events this week and it is really going to be difficult not to have a glass of wine. I don't want to explain this to everyone and I also don't want my friends thinking I'm pregnant! In order to achieve ketosis, can I really not have any vegetables at all? I was wondering if it would kill me to have some lettuce or something? Or one glass of wine? I'm kind of thinking I have to just suck it up for the week... but if anyone has any pointers I'd appreciate them.
Old 01-04-2010, 04:38 PM   #37
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: smaller_please
Stats: 5'6" 190.8/150.0/135
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: August 23, 2009 Restart 3/29/10
Sunshines6

I advise against the wine, it is full of sugar, not to mention just 1 glass could be 20-25% of your calories for one day on the diet. You need those calories to be useful to your body. During week 1 protein is key, not to mention it is essential to maintain this WOE. Talk to your clinic about your picky eating and see if they can make any recommendations. Also remember things like turkey sausage, boiled eggs, egg substitute, turkey pepperoni, etc. There are several options out there.

There is a discussion on alcohol already on the board if you want to read further. Also be sure to read the week one discussions, tons of helpful info there!
Old 01-04-2010, 05:37 PM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bre321
Stats: 5'8" 224/ 151.4/ 160
Start Date: August 25, 2009
Drum roll please...

I REACHED GOAL WEIGHT!

4.5 months of hard work and serious dedication- lots of highs and lows- but I did it

I was told to celebrate my accomplishments and here are a few from this week:

Joined the 60lb club -66lbs total lost!
I am in the 150s!
My BMI is now 24 which means NORMAL, no longer overweight!
(next medi appt I get my 60lb bloodwork done so I will keep you posted on cholesterol etc.)

I am so excited to try on wedding dresses (I told myself that was my treat when I hit goal).

Also, my engagement party is in one month so I am going to work on toning and tightening so that I will feel great that night

To all of the new people that have just started, Welcome! This way of eating does work! I have tried to lose weight in the past and have never stuck with anything like I have with medi. If you stick to the plan you WILL lose. Some weeks I lost less than others but each week's loss adds up- and before you know it you will reach your goal! What you must do is not allow yourself to get discouraged by a 1lb loss and throw in the towel. Stick with it- NO EXCUSES and it WILL work guaranteed!

Thanks to everyone on this board for all of the support. I hope that we continue to work towards our goals for 2010!

"Life is change. Growth is optional. Choose wisely."

Bre
Old 01-04-2010, 06:38 PM   #39
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SDC2
Stats: 5' 7.5" 218/150/155 Maintenance
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: November 20, 2008
Congratulations Bre!!! I am so excited for you. You worked so hard to accomplish your goal and you deserve all the good things that will be coming your way. Please post a picture of you in your wedding dress.

Old 01-04-2010, 06:48 PM   #40
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SDC2
Stats: 5' 7.5" 218/150/155 Maintenance
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: November 20, 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshines6 View Post
Hi everyone - this is my first week - today was my first day. I pretty much had a panic attack on the way home! I REALLY want to make this work (I NEED to make this work) but I am not sure how I can get through the first week with no vegetables at all. I am a picky eater already (don't eat any kind of seafood at all, or deli meats or cottage cheese) and I don't know how I am going to go a whole week on eggs and grilled chicken, basically. Also, I happen to have four - yes four - social events this week and it is really going to be difficult not to have a glass of wine. I don't want to explain this to everyone and I also don't want my friends thinking I'm pregnant! In order to achieve ketosis, can I really not have any vegetables at all? I was wondering if it would kill me to have some lettuce or something? Or one glass of wine? I'm kind of thinking I have to just suck it up for the week... but if anyone has any pointers I'd appreciate them.
I strongly suggest that you do not cheat, eat vegetables or drink wine in week 1. The whole point is that you will be withdrawing from carbs and eliminating your carb cravings.

To be blunt, week 1 sucks and you will feel weak and even sickly, but it is only one week and most people have a large loss in week 1 and that motivates them to go on. I lost over 10 pounds in week 1, and 62 pounds in 6 months. That was weight I had been trying tounsuccessfully get off for 17 years.

You do not have to limit yourself to grilled chicken and eggs. You can have lean beef like fillet mignion, lean pork, shrimp, EAS edgevantage protein shakes (the 110 calorie version), beef jerky, and more. Check out the first few pages of the Newbie thread at Welcome Newbies! Helpful info for week 1..

Your attitude concerns me, you should be super motivated and excited week 1. I'm hoping that it is just fear and anxiety talking and once you see that this WOE works you will have a more positive attitude. Perhaps you should wait to start when you don't have 4 social engagements. We are here to support you. Please don't sabatoge yourself before you even get started.
Old 01-04-2010, 06:59 PM   #41
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AshleyR
Stats: 6'~250.2/195/180
Start Date: October 12, 2009
Susnshines6~ This is just the beginning of your new life.. You should be excited hon! You can do this if you want it.. you HAVE to want it though. My best advice.. Follow the plan to a T. I lost 10 pounds my first week and I have almost lost 50 in 11 weeks time..
This is the only thing that has worked for me and my husband.

Bre~ Oh hon~ I am SO proud of you.. How very exciting! I cant wait to see pics of you in your wedding dress.. you HAVE to share them with us (once you find one).. I know you must be on cloud 9 and you SO deserve to be.. you know.. all of us "Charlotte people" should meet for lunch one day.. keep up the great work! HUGS!!

I am down another 2 pounds today.. WHOOT! I'll take that since I have been out of commission with a pulled back for 2 weeks now. Today was the first day in 2 weeks that I have felt somewhat normal again.. I am taking it slow back into my workout routine. I swam today and it was awesome.. tomorrow.. I think i will bike/run.. or just bike depending on how it feels in the am.. I have my next Triathlon in March so I have to really step up my training now..

Congrats to all you LOOSERS!!! Keep up the great work.. Thank you for continuing to inspire me as well!

The best to you all!!
Old 01-04-2010, 08:11 PM   #42
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: nomorerolls
Stats: 169/141/125
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 11/11/09
Sunshine6...

DON'T DO IT!!!! Week one is tough but it is the foundation! Get sloppy here, you'll rationalize cheating later!! I am the pickiest eater I know. I abhor cottage cheese, don't (didn't think I did) do seafood. Loath eggs...etc.
Well one fine day during week 3 I had a business function to attend. They served Fillet mignon and shrimp. I crossed over to the sea side! I have found that not only does this program work, but it has forced me to be a little more adventurous in eating. Now I can't get enough shrimp! My husband has tried for 18yrs to get me to try seafood and it took carb deprivation to get me see that there is more to life than steak and potatoes. AS for the wine, suck it up!!! I come from a fine line of routine drinkers so kicking the booze was way beyond my comfort zone. Let me tell you...New Years was a hoot! I didn't touch a drop and laughed more than I had any right to!! I actually had a blast and the best part is I knew who everyone in the pictures were the next day
Come on now...your stronger than that. You made the initial investment...don't waste it! A small glass of wine lasts about what..45mins if you milk it. Rescuing you body from the body snatchers....priceless!!!
Old 01-04-2010, 08:12 PM   #43
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: nomorerolls
Stats: 169/141/125
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 11/11/09
OH to Be Bre!!!

Way to go woman!!
Old 01-04-2010, 10:52 PM   #44
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: smaller_please
Stats: 5'6" 190.8/150.0/135
Start Date: August 23, 2009 Restart 3/29/10
Hey Everyone! Hope you all made it through the holidays!

Just a quick update. I am in the final stretch, only 10 lbs to goal. I actually lost weight over the holidays, while about only a pound per week in December but I'll take it! I posted a new pic of me. I have gone from a size 16 to an 8, about to start getting into a 6, by goal I feel sure! Yippee! I took all my favorite 16/14/12/10 clothes to the tailor and the rest I donated. I don't want those clothes lurking in storage some where for "just in case" one day. I did however keep my biggest pair of jeans just as a constant reminder what happens when I can't control myself.

I keep pinching myself. I haven't felt this great since I can't remember when!

I haven't been in ketosis for about 8 weeks so I am going back to week 1 for a few days to jump start my system again. Already down 3 days and feel sure in the morning I'll be back in ketosis where I should be.

Good Luck to everyone this week!

Last edited by smaller_please; 01-04-2010 at 10:57 PM..
Old 01-05-2010, 03:36 AM   #45
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tracy_d
Stats: 5'7'' 191.5/150.5/150 now on maintenance
Start Date: June 8, 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by JulesDouce View Post
Yes, I'm taking the appetite suppressant + all pills.

But on my starter kit paperwork where it said to aim for "500 calories a day" they nurse hand wrote on it: 500 - 1,000.

Should I follow her instructions or think I should stick to the 500?

Thanks everyone!
If you stick as close to the 500 as you can, you will have better results. However, if you exercise, then the calorie intake can increase. I stuck to 650-750 while exercising. Also if you stick to lean meats (chicken, fish and lean beef occasionally) then you will be surprised how much you get for that many calories! 4 oz of chicken is only 140 calories and that's one meal. If you have something like that for lunch and dinner that's still less than 300 calories. I LOVE the vanilla protein shake with a packet of truvia and some walden farms chocolate syrup for breakfast- that's only about 100 calories, so in one day that's still only about 400, which gives you room for a snack like cottage cheese. In week 2 you get more choices.
Old 01-05-2010, 04:47 AM   #46
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: marymo
Stats: 292/197/187
Start Date: Dec 2, 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert-Rose7 View Post
If you have not yet submitted your December weight loss stats and wish to be included in the summary I will post tomorrow, please take the opportunity to add them in here today, either in a post or in a PM to me (if you can). I will accept stats up to 8pm MST today.

Thanks much!

Jo
thought I sent you my weight loss stats, but will send again. Also how to you
"PM" someone on the forum??
Old 01-05-2010, 05:26 AM   #47
Junior LCF Member

Thanks for the advice everyone.. I think I was just getting anxious and starting to freak out. In terms of starting during a week where I have no social engagements - I was thinking that - but then realized that there is always going to be something going on and if I don't start now, I could keep putting this off for months. I think starting now is the best plan! I am excited!
Old 01-05-2010, 05:46 AM   #48
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Nick80
Stats: 6ft 249/175/180
WOE: Mediweight- maintenance
Start Date: October 1, 2009
Bre
woo hoo!! we are all so proud of you!!

Another loser WINS!!!
Old 01-05-2010, 05:49 AM   #49
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Nick80
Stats: 6ft 249/175/180
WOE: Mediweight- maintenance
Start Date: October 1, 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert-Rose7 View Post
If you have not yet submitted your December weight loss stats and wish to be included in the summary I will post tomorrow, please take the opportunity to add them in here today, either in a post or in a PM to me (if you can). I will accept stats up to 8pm MST today.

Thanks much!

Jo

Jo, can you add 4 more pounds to the December total I sent you. (I didnt even realize I was going to lose any more over the Holidays!)

Thanks.
Old 01-05-2010, 05:58 AM   #50
Junior LCF Member

I have another stupid question! I counted out the pills I needed today but forgot the instructions (ahh!). Right now in my ziploc I have three brown pills and one white pill (plus the AS, but I know when to take those). I already took one white pill and one yellow pill at 8 am. I am pretty sure that I take the brown pills at 11, 3, and 7.. just not sure when to take that other white pill? Obviously I need to make a copy of my instructions to keep at work
Old 01-05-2010, 07:01 AM   #51
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: TriMom
Stats: 280.4/198.5/180
Start Date: July 21st, 2009
Congrats BRE! I am So Super happy for you! WTG!
Old 01-05-2010, 07:03 AM   #52
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: TriMom
Stats: 280.4/198.5/180
Start Date: July 21st, 2009
Sunshine- it's probably your calcium pill. Take it about 5-7.

I used to take my pills at the various times, now I have just condensed them to 6am, 10a, 3pm and that works for me.
Old 01-05-2010, 07:41 AM   #53
Junior LCF Member

Survived Day 2!

Last night was horrible. At the end of my second day I had the WORST headache, felt like crap, even my jaw hurt - it was a borderline migraine. And I just felt like a few cheese balls or something SWEET might take it all away. But my amazing fiance and beautiful daughter shoved me out of the kitchen and back into bed. I woke up this morning feeling AWAKE for the first time in AGES. I usually hate mornings. It was like the calm after the storm.

Today I am feeling much better. I ate 3 oz of salmon for bfast and have some chicken for lunch and started drinking the broth which is a nice break from the water. I just cannot wait for week 1 to be over. I cannot wait to be at goal weight. It feels so good to know I have a plan that WILL WORK and has worked for many.

SUNSHINE - I'm a newbie too, hang in there! We start together. I cooked lasagne, stuffed shells, garlic bread and cheese bread, plus chocolate cake and meatballs on Sunday for a family event and I passed on EVERYTHING even the wine! (which is often needed when you have in-laws like mine lol!)

I actually but a tomato in my mouth to taste the bruschetta and remembered I was on this diet and SPIT IT OUT! I dont know about you girlfriend but I'm guessing that NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS SKINNY DOES and NO BUZZ CAN COMPARE TO LOOKING LIKE ONE HOT, SEXY MAMA! Let your friends drink and get FAT lol!

Seriously, hang in there. I am!
Old 01-05-2010, 08:17 AM   #54
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bre321
Stats: 5'8" 224/ 151.4/ 160
Start Date: August 25, 2009
Susie, you are right on the money here.

You really need to want to do this program. It will take a huge amount of sacrifice. But I can honestly and whole heartedly say that every meal over the holidays that I wanted- every chistmas cookie- popcorn at the movies- drinks on new year's eve etc. that I avoided got me to where I am right now... And let me tell you- NONE of that food would have ever tasted as good as this feels. I never thought I could do it- but I did and I promise you that you can too! Just work through the struggle- think about the bigger picture and you will succeed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDC2 View Post
I strongly suggest that you do not cheat, eat vegetables or drink wine in week 1. The whole point is that you will be withdrawing from carbs and eliminating your carb cravings.

To be blunt, week 1 sucks and you will feel weak and even sickly, but it is only one week and most people have a large loss in week 1 and that motivates them to go on. I lost over 10 pounds in week 1, and 62 pounds in 6 months. That was weight I had been trying tounsuccessfully get off for 17 years.

You do not have to limit yourself to grilled chicken and eggs. You can have lean beef like fillet mignion, lean pork, shrimp, EAS edgevantage protein shakes (the 110 calorie version), beef jerky, and more. Check out the first few pages of the Newbie thread at Welcome Newbies! Helpful info for week 1..

Your attitude concerns me, you should be super motivated and excited week 1. I'm hoping that it is just fear and anxiety talking and once you see that this WOE works you will have a more positive attitude. Perhaps you should wait to start when you don't have 4 social engagements. We are here to support you. Please don't sabatoge yourself before you even get started.
Old 01-05-2010, 08:34 AM   #55
Senior LCF Member

CONGRATULATIONS BRE!!!

Old 01-05-2010, 08:37 AM   #56
Junior LCF Member

Thanks for the info and motivation!!

I am actually feeling really good so far today and I'm very excited. I was really worried about having no energy but I seem to have a lot of it... I hope I am still feeling this good tomorrow!
Old 01-05-2010, 08:52 AM   #57
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshines6 View Post
Thanks for the info and motivation!!

I am actually feeling really good so far today and I'm very excited. I was really worried about having no energy but I seem to have a lot of it... I hope I am still feeling this good tomorrow!
You will!!

It's amazing how wonderful I feel without the foods that I thought I HAD to have! Rice, bread, potato, etc...

Trust me.. you'll fee wonderful come weigh in!
Old 01-05-2010, 10:23 AM   #58
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: katew1129
Stats: 232/212/130
WOE: Medi-weight loss
Start Date: January 2013
Bre - WHOOO HOOOO! SO SO Happy for you!!!! How wonderful! Enjoy the heck out of trying on those dresses!!

Sunshines6 - Hang in there. Everyone here gave you great advice! This way of eating getting much easier and totally worth it!!!

Congrats to all the other "losers" out there!
Old 01-05-2010, 11:25 AM   #59
Junior LCF Member

GEEZ

I never saw a doctor either. I met with a nurse who basically admitted to trying and failing the program. That wasn't very motivating at all!!!!
Old 01-05-2010, 12:00 PM   #60
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: stacey5267
Ever heard of ideal protein diet?

Hi all, I fell off the medi-wagon over the holidays, but I am back on. A friend was doing a program called ideal protein (also called matol diet) but she gave up and gave me her info and foods. I have been using some of the foods in conjunction with medi. Down 7 pounds this week.
A lot of the products are around 120 cal, 2 gm fat, 3-4 carbs, and 18-20 protein. The drinks and puddings are delicious!
Anyone else ever hear of this or use these products? Any problems or drawbacks?
Closed Thread