Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2010, 10:00 AM   #451
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: nc-hoosier
Stats: 6 ft. 204/154.5 2nd Time 167
WOE: Medi Weightloss Clinic
Start Date: Original Start Date: 2/2/09 Restart 1/29/10
Ok, here it goes. After hitting my goal weight in July 2009, I have not been as committed as I know I should have been and finally admitted that I can't do it alone and last night called and made an appointment to restart TODAY! I could cite a lot of excuses, but it won't change anything so I am going to try and learn from my mistakes and restart with a "can do" attitude and get back on track.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-2010, 10:58 AM   #452
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: hudiman
Stats: 5'2" /155/ now at goal 125
WOE: Medi Weightloss Clinc
Start Date: April 23, 2009
Lost,
You don't have a huge amount of weight to loose, of course you will loose slower. And if you are losing weight with your current understanding of the program then I wouldn't worry, everyone interprets differently and when you are trying and using approved products it can't be all bad, especially where you are still seeing your numbers go down. As long as you eat healthy and keep your carbs below 20/25 and your calories at 500 protein with your 2 veggies you're doing great. I think some of the clinics just want you to use the Medi products. And have you tried the livestrong website with the daily plate that logs all your foods to the appropriate cal, carbs, fats? It is a great website. I would talk to your clinic and tell them how you are feeling, you probably aren't the only one that is getting a negative feedback from them. They need to know they have to handle us with kid gloves. Being positive is 90% of this program. Good luck and you are doing fine...no, you are doing great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostinAusten View Post
Hey all. I have some questions. Can anyone help me understand the Medi plan better? I have lost 13 pounds so far and tomorrow ends my first month.

My clinic does not want me to use the EAS powder. I brought it in and they said it was not ok. The cheesecake bites were not ok either. They want me to do absolutely nothing that is not on the printout recipe week that they gave me or the Medi website.

They are very strict with me about following the plan. But then I had a comment when they went over my food log that I eat salad and baked chicken a lot. I want to be successful, but I'm evidently not understanding the guidelines well enough. I looked over my paperwork and I can't find the exact guidelines that make something "medi legal". It's like I'm in trouble for not studying but I don't understand what book they are going by?

My sheet says 500 calories of protein per day and two servings of vegetables/one fruit. I feel very discouraged and am hesistant to ask in person, especially since they will push back a little bit on questions. I understand that dealing with overweight people with food addiction problems means that you need to be realistic and tough. I get that. However, I document every single thing that goes into my mouth and I have not cheated purposefully at all since I started 30 days ago. I'm committed to this, but I'm confused.

What are the carb limits? Some of the Medi recipes they gave me use SF products that I personally do not use because they do have more carbs and sugar than I am comfortable with. Yet the Hungry Girl-medi modified cheesecake bites are not ok?

Would really appreciate some clarification. My self-esteem has taken a huge nosedive. I'm working on this, but it feels like the more weight I lose the more "exposed" I feel. I feel so stupid that I am not understanding the plan better! Could we please discuss it for a minute? I would be grateful for any discussion or comments. And maybe encouragement? Are they hard on me because I should have lost more weight?
Old 01-29-2010, 11:03 AM   #453
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nc-hoosier View Post
Ok, here it goes. After hitting my goal weight in July 2009, I have not been as committed as I know I should have been and finally admitted that I can't do it alone and last night called and made an appointment to restart TODAY! I could cite a lot of excuses, but it won't change anything so I am going to try and learn from my mistakes and restart with a "can do" attitude and get back on track.
I made maintenance last Aug., I too gained over the holidays, but only a couple. Back to losing those 2 now. But even on the wellness phase, I go in every week for my B12 shot and weigh in monthly. I feel it keeps me accountable facing my clinic staff. If I have any questions they are more then happy to discuss any of my concerns. I not only want to disappoint myself but I don't want to disappoint them either. You did it once you can do it again. Medi isn't a quick fix but a new way of a healthy weight. Good luck with your restart, you already know that this program works if you stick to it.
Old 01-29-2010, 11:09 AM   #454
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mom on a mission
Stats: Ht 5' 7" 247/156.4/160
WOE: MWL
Start Date: January 2, 2010
Hello everyone, Happy Friday! I've only posted a few times, but have really relied on some of the fabulous advice I read here. This site has been crucial to staying on track for me. So a big thank you to you all!!

I'm so excited to post my loss for weigh in #4, down another 5.4lbs!! I was pleasantly surprised by the amount. I still have a long way to go, but I'm feeling better and better every day...life is good!!

Anyway- that brings my total loss for January to 25.8 lbs
Old 01-29-2010, 11:46 AM   #455
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SDC2
Stats: 5' 7.5" 218/150/155 Maintenance
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: November 20, 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom on a mission View Post
Hello everyone, Happy Friday! I've only posted a few times, but have really relied on some of the fabulous advice I read here. This site has been crucial to staying on track for me. So a big thank you to you all!!

I'm so excited to post my loss for weigh in #4, down another 5.4lbs!! I was pleasantly surprised by the amount. I still have a long way to go, but I'm feeling better and better every day...life is good!!

Good for you!!!!
Old 01-29-2010, 11:47 AM   #456
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SDC2
Stats: 5' 7.5" 218/150/155 Maintenance
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: November 20, 2008
Quote:

I congratulate you on making that call and restarting before you gained it all back and then some, like we have all done in the past. We are all here to support you and one another.
Old 01-29-2010, 12:08 PM   #457
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AshleyR
Stats: 6'~250.2/195/180
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: October 12, 2009
Lori- Chin up, you can do this! Hugs

Mom on a mission~ WHOOT! Congrats!
Old 01-29-2010, 12:14 PM   #458
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DreamWarrior
Stats: 161/161/145
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: 23 Oct 09
Quote:
Originally Posted by elizabethgrace View Post
Well, I spent all afternoon in the emergency room...I broke my toe last night!!

Ouch!! Hope you feel better!

Congrats on your weight loss!!
Old 01-29-2010, 12:14 PM   #459
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Old 01-29-2010, 12:16 PM   #460
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

WOW THAT IS AWESOME!! CONGRATULATIONS!
Old 01-29-2010, 12:31 PM   #461
Senior LCF Member

Hi Desert Rose!!

Total Weight Loss for this month: 5.2

Thanks.
Old 01-29-2010, 01:35 PM   #462
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jbiggars63
Stats: 493/192/193
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 1/23/2009
total weightloss 22 lbs! (12 from skin loss)
Old 01-29-2010, 02:41 PM   #463
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
Hey there Jer-bear! (Where did THAT come from)...just flew from my hands to the keyboard! Glad to hear all went well. Are you feeling good?

Congrats to all our losers this month,as well as to those returning to the program. The key truly is commitment. To yourself, to the lifestyle. It must become a part of your life. If it doesn't, you will not be truly successful in the long run. And it is not easy, trust me. However, it is worth far more than I have words to describe.

Jo
Old 01-29-2010, 05:37 PM   #464
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: marymo
Stats: 292/197/187
Start Date: Dec 2, 2009
Quote:

You did great! 25+ is awesome! Way to go, girl!
Old 01-29-2010, 08:37 PM   #465
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: saraanne
Stats: 188/161/140
WOE: Medi-Weight Loss
Start Date: 01/06/10
January Total

My January total is 11.8.

this is for my first 3 weeks.

sara
Old 01-29-2010, 09:12 PM   #466
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: elizabethgrace
Stats: 242/223/150
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: 1/14/2010
I don't think I am going to have a good week. The pain meds for my broken toe are not sitting well on my stomach, so I am having to eat a little more.
Plus I'm not exercising. Maybe I can at least stay at the same weight and not gain.
Hope everyone has a good weekend!!
Old 01-30-2010, 04:33 AM   #467
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbiggars63 View Post

Everything went well yesterday! In fact, they found another small hernia and fixed it too! No complications and seem to be on the fast track to recovery! Woo Hoo! AND the meds aren't bad either! They took 12 pounds of skin!

Not going to weigh myself though. Gonna wait a couple of weeks before I do that!
Glad everything went well, looking forward to hearing about your coming home and getting back on your exercise trail. You are truly an inspiration!
Old 01-30-2010, 08:46 AM   #468
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: malloryann11
Stats: 185/179.6/160
Start Date: November 3, 2009, Restart Aug. 24 2010
Just an update for me! I am still going strong at 163! But come February 1st I am going to go acute for 2.5 weeks so I can look super great on stage and in my bikini for spring break, not to mention I will probably be seeing my ex who hasn't seen me since I was bigger. I have been attending Zumba and Step classes but bronchitis this week put me to bed ugh... I am feeling a lot better and will start working out again on Monday! I changed my shots to Thursday now FYI! Good luck to all. I will be more active on the boards again in Feb!

Going to lose more this time!
Ultimate goal... see the 150's!!!
Old 01-30-2010, 12:12 PM   #469
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Ree - WOW! Congratulations on the lower size surprise!! That's encouraging! Our "before" stats and goal stats are very similar...so I too am looking forward to those kinds of surprises in the next few months. You made me smile!

Jerry - I'm so glad you've finally got this surgery behind you. Rest up and don't push yourself before you're released medically from your doctor. No more hernias! I had significant abdominal surgery 2 1/2 years ago and had mesh placed in areas where my abdominal muscles had previously been overstretched. Surgery was done when I was about 177 lbs and my doc told me I should not gain weight, or much, because that would be too hard on my surgery sites. Well, I did gain up to 190 and felt like I had an internal girdle suffocating me...very uncomfortable! I knew I had to lose the weight for SO many reasons but it had to be imminent weight loss to prevent me from "splitting a stitch!" So, just a heads up. Heal well and stay on task...you are an overcomer! Horray!!
Old 01-30-2010, 12:58 PM   #470
Major LCF Poster!

Jo, my total weight loss for January is 16 lbs.
Old 01-30-2010, 03:05 PM   #471
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jbiggars63
Stats: 493/192/193
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 1/23/2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by hudiman View Post
Glad everything went well, looking forward to hearing about your coming home and getting back on your exercise trail. You are truly an inspiration!
I was actually sent home 3 hours after the surgery! Everything seems to be going well! I haven't been on the scales yet and they don't want me too since I may have gained as much as I lost due to massive amounts of iv fluids and antibiotics. 3 days down, 11-18 to go!
Old 01-30-2010, 07:08 PM   #472
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MEDIMIMI
Start Date: Starting over 1/29/10
HI everyone! Day 2 for me and I am back in ketosis!!! I did feel awful this morning, wicked headache and nauseus but I took a long nap and wole up feeling great! I sent df to the store to pick up CL hydration and the broth, and he got the wrong stuff on both accounts. If ya want something done right, I guess you have got to do it yourself. lol.

I had to reschedule my appointment w/ Medi for Monday, so I guess my first official WI will be on day 4, so my week 1 will be a tad off.

Glad to see you are all doing so well!

Fit2010- I am the same height and starting weight almost, so your success is very motivating!!

NChoosier-I am just getting back on track too! Just remember the first week si definately the most difficult. ONce you can have veggies, it gets easier!

Last edited by MEDIMIMI; 01-30-2010 at 07:10 PM..
Old 01-30-2010, 09:50 PM   #473
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LostinAusten
Stats: 187.5/158/130
WOE: 1st MWL, now HCG
Start Date: 12/29/09
Jerry I am so excited for you! Please do *everything* they say. It's easy to overdo it a little bit, but adhesions can form and you won't even know until later. ugh. Hope you have a great abdominal binder too. I'm so glad that you were able to get this done and hope you will have a textbook recovery with no complications.

Fit2010-You are doing great! We are both on the brink of crashing through that 170 mark. I can hardly believe it!

This week I'm starting my couch to 5k running program on my ipod. Hopefully that will kickstart a little more loss of the 'junk in my trunk'! My husband is thinking about signing up but he is a huge eater and is worried that he won't be able to handle this. I actually think his blood sugar will stabilize and he'll be able to handle it a lot better than he thinks. I love him so much and hope he will do it. I want him to be around for a long time!

Today I stopped by my local World Market store and picked up a bunch of Torani sugar free syrups- which were on my sheet given to me by my clinic. They had a bunch of different flavors, the bottle was huge, and they were $6.99. There was a sugar free almond roca flavor- my fave! I am going to doctor up the Medi protein powder because I miss my EAS powder so much.
Old 01-30-2010, 10:36 PM   #474
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you LostenAustin and Medimimi!! We're doing this thing!

LostinAusten, I haven't heard of the flavors you described from World Market...interesting! Can those go into coffee?

My oldest daughter (a TV news anchor in OH) is training for a triathalon and is encouraging me to run the Race for the Cure in Sept. I heard about couch to 5K but haven't done anything about it but starting 1 1/2 hours of exercise weekly so far on my own. Perhaps we can do this challenge together also!!?? When do you want to be ready for the 5K?

Debbie
Old 01-31-2010, 04:47 AM   #475
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: deb328g
Stats: 233/216/160
Start Date: January 23, 2010
I have to say - eating some lettuce yesterday (my first day of Week 2) was absolutely wonderful! I bought the Walden Farms dressing and even though I'm not extremely excited with it, it will do for now until I find another dressing that is suitable to eat. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!
Old 01-31-2010, 06:10 AM   #476
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mom on a mission
Stats: Ht 5' 7" 247/156.4/160
Start Date: January 2, 2010
Hey Deb- I agree, lettuce was such a week 2 treat! I use Wishbone Red Wine Mist Salad Spritzer dressing. For 10 sprays it's 10cal, 1g protein and 1carb. They do have other flavors, haven't tried any of them yet though.

Good luck!
Old 01-31-2010, 07:35 AM   #477
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: AnnieMae
Yeoww!!

I received the double injection yesterday.. Boy! did it hurt! The lady said they don't use the lidocaine in it anymore. I have a bruise on behind too. The injections really help me, but I'm scared now

Anyhoo...my total loss for January is 12.5 lbs.

Week 1 = 8 lbs.
Week 2 =1.5 lbs.
Week 3 =1.5 lbs
Week 4= 1.5 lbs.
Old 01-31-2010, 09:37 AM   #478
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: malloryann11
Stats: 185/179.6/160
Start Date: November 3, 2009, Restart Aug. 24 2010
Congratulations to everyone on their losses thats amazing!!!
Old 01-31-2010, 10:32 AM   #479
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MEDIMIMI
Start Date: Starting over 1/29/10
Can someone please tell me the alternative fat burner that you use? Please be very specific, I looked at BJ's and there were so many brands and types I got totally overwhelmed! What does the label say? How much ?
Old 01-31-2010, 12:06 PM   #480
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dodgern
Stats: 236/150.6/140- now on maintenance
Start Date: 2/26/09
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEDIMIMI View Post
Can someone please tell me the alternative fat burner that you use? Please be very specific, I looked at BJ's and there were so many brands and types I got totally overwhelmed! What does the label say? How much ?
Hi Mimi- back!!!

The alternative is called Mega T
It comes in a bottle with a green label and has 180 tabs in it.
Cost around $18 I think.
You take only 1 tab twice a day so it's a 90 day supply.
MWL's fat burners are taken 3 x day and its $10 for a 30 day supply!!
The Mega T is a little thinner and is easier to swallow (at I think it is )

My NP says it is approved by MWL and they recommend it to ppl who have problems taking theirs'!!!

cindy
Closed Thread