Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2010, 09:31 AM   #421
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
*.*January Weight Loss Stats - time to shine*.*

Hello all! It is time to see who our biggest loser is for January. We are beginning a new year so let's really rock it!

Last year, our group lost over 2000 pounds. Can we beat that this year?

Just post your January weight loss stats in this thread or send me a PM if you can. (Marymo - I grabbed your stats from the post above). I will collect the stats until February 6th, and post them on Sunday February 7th.

Everyone is encouraged to participate!

Jo

Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-2010, 09:47 AM   #422
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CCCOX
Stats: 195-135-135
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 1/5/10
Hi Jo--I have lost 19 pounds
Old 01-28-2010, 09:49 AM   #423
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MEDIMIMI
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: Starting over 1/29/10
Hi all, haven't been around for about 6 months or so, but mentally preparing to get myself back in the game. I have an appointment at Medi on Sat morning, but I am going to start the Medi plan Fri ( my clinic isn't open on Fri) I did ok last time, but then failed to keep the weight off.

I see a few familiar faces, kind of scary to see the turnover rate here. I know the plan works, but it is no walk in the park. I stayed on it last time for 3 months, and was doing pretty well except for the boredom and had some health problems and had to stop. It was really difficult when I stopped the AS, I was very lethargic and definately felt the difference. I have gained almost all of the weight back in the last 6 months (not all but almost) and it did not come back in the same places. I feel disgusting.

So this time I really need to work on preventing boredom. I ate a lot of the same things last time every day which got old, but I am kinf of picky I do not like eggs at all, and didn't like many of the Low Carb products I tried. I am also going to try to keep my AS to a minimum now, last time I battled the hunger and the clinic kept upping the dosage, and it worked for me, until I tried to stop the AS. I do not want a repeat of that. SO this time I am coming in eyes wide open, knowing what I am in for, and knowing where my downfall was.

So off to do some shopping, and I start tomorrow, but have my first official WI on Sat. Wish me luck!
Old 01-28-2010, 10:29 AM   #424
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: hlkgirl
Stats: 209.6/196.6/150
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 01/06/2010
January weight loss

I lost 13 lbs total at my 3 week appointment.
Old 01-28-2010, 10:59 AM   #425
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: JulesDouce
Start Date: 1/2/10
UH OH

CONFESSIONS OF A MEDI-LOSS SINNER....

I have been doing SO GOOD, down 12.2 lbs in 3 wks. Yesterday I saw an old friend and decided to indulge in 1 light beer for old times sake. I have been having sweet cravings and when I drank the beer the carbs went strait to my head! (As well as the alcohol!)

I can't tell you how but it tasted like CANDY to me and it was so sweet and delicious....that I DRANK SIX BEERS!!!!!!!! I couldn't help myself. I'm not really a drinker and never liked beer but I think the taste of a carb made me crave more. On top of that I DEVOURED TWO McDONALDS SNACK WRAPS and a bowl of PEANUT BUTTER POPCORN before I passed out drunk!

I have no idea what came over me. Caught up in the moment laughing with an old friend. I know I must sound like a total LUSH describing how sweet and yummy that beer tasted but I really think it was a carb thing.

So today I pay for my sins. I am OUT of Ketosis and starting over again. My week 4 weigh in is on Sat. So mad at myself!!!!!!!!!!

Be careful when you take a drink friends
Old 01-28-2010, 11:28 AM   #426
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DreamWarrior
Stats: 161/161/145
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: 23 Oct 09
Quote:
Originally Posted by JulesDouce View Post

I DRANK SIX BEERS!!!!!!!! I couldn't help myself. I'm not really a drinker and never liked beer but I think the taste of a carb made me crave more. On top of that I DEVOURED TWO McDONALDS SNACK WRAPS and a bowl of PEANUT BUTTER POPCORN before I passed out drunk!

Dang girl!! Sounds like a party!!!

I have been there, done that!! Not necessarily get drunk... but I indulged, especially over the holidays and I'm kicking myself silly for it... Iím still having a hard time getting on a straight path. Iíve been on trace to sml since the beginning of January. I tried to start up week one this week and so far soo good, but itís not the same Ė itís harder!!

Just get back on the band wagon girl!! We're here for ya!!
Old 01-28-2010, 11:37 AM   #427
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: JulesDouce
Start Date: 1/2/10
The worst part is I've been having a harder time drinking lately (aside from the alcohol, lol!) and nauseous at the thought of drinking more. Additionally, I am so hungry and craving carbs.

How about a nice ITALIAN SUB?

Somebody slap me!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-28-2010, 03:21 PM   #428
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: elizabethgrace
Stats: 242/223/150
Start Date: 1/14/2010
Well, I spent all afternoon in the emergency room...I broke my toe last night!!
I thought it was just sprained, but no, the doctor said it is broke, broke, broke. So no walking for me for a while. I am going to have to be extra careful about my diet until I can get back to exercising.
I did go to my weigh-in on the way to the hospital and I lost 4 lbs. this week. Met three ladies at the clinic today and recommended this forum to them. I definitely enjoy all the posts and appreciate the support, advice and laughs.

Week 1 9 lbs.

week 2 4 lbs.
Old 01-28-2010, 03:34 PM   #429
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: sunshines6
Stats: 181/161.8/125 (5ft4)
3rd weigh in

I lost 2 lbs on my 3rd weigh in, but one of the lbs was water.

This brings me to a total of 11 lbs for January, but 3.5 of those lbs were water.

For some reason I'm feeling really down about everything today. It's TOM, my home scale was up 3 lbs, I woke up feeling so sick this morning and I just couldn't face the thought of eating eggs. So I bought an english muffin but couldn't bring myself to cheat, so I didn't eat it. So while I'm happy I didn't cheat, it was just such a terrible feeling knowing that I was sick and couldn't eat something (bread, etc) that would settle my stomach. I've really felt terrible all day and I have no appetite, it's just like nothing is appealing to me and I'm sick of eating the same things over and over. I'm really trying so hard to stay on this but it's so hard. It's also really hard that I'm not quite seeing the results I thought I would see. After four weeks, I thought I would lose more than this. I feel like I can't count the water pounds, and I'm making so many sacrifices (financially and lifestyle wise) for 7.5 pounds?? When I have been giving this my all and didn't cheat one bit? It's hard to justify. I did weight watchers last year and lost 30 lbs, and it was significantly cheaper and easier than this. Although... I gained it right back when I stopped, so I can't really compare!!

Sorry for all of the negativity.. I just wanted to get this all out there and maybe see if anyone has some advice.
Old 01-28-2010, 05:12 PM   #430
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: thinin10
Stats: 217/160
Start Date: 1/19/2010
Am I correct that we are not supposed to exceed 3 eggs in a week?
Old 01-28-2010, 05:54 PM   #431
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: marymo
Stats: 292/197/187
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: Dec 2, 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCCOX View Post
Hi Jo--I have lost 19 pounds
Cori - you did great!!! 19 lbs, and you are not as heavy as others who could lose easier the first few weeks. (for example, I weighed 287, so I lost 23 the first month (last month), but you started with 195 and you lost that much! That is awesome!
Old 01-28-2010, 06:04 PM   #432
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SDC2
Stats: 5' 7.5" 218/150/155 Maintenance
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: November 20, 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEDIMIMI View Post
Hi all, haven't been around for about 6 months or so, but mentally preparing to get myself back in the game. I have an appointment at Medi on Sat morning, but I am going to start the Medi plan Fri ( my clinic isn't open on Fri) I did ok last time, but then failed to keep the weight off.

I see a few familiar faces, kind of scary to see the turnover rate here. I know the plan works, but it is no walk in the park. I stayed on it last time for 3 months, and was doing pretty well except for the boredom and had some health problems and had to stop. It was really difficult when I stopped the AS, I was very lethargic and definately felt the difference. I have gained almost all of the weight back in the last 6 months (not all but almost) and it did not come back in the same places. I feel disgusting.

So this time I really need to work on preventing boredom. I ate a lot of the same things last time every day which got old, but I am kinf of picky I do not like eggs at all, and didn't like many of the Low Carb products I tried. I am also going to try to keep my AS to a minimum now, last time I battled the hunger and the clinic kept upping the dosage, and it worked for me, until I tried to stop the AS. I do not want a repeat of that. SO this time I am coming in eyes wide open, knowing what I am in for, and knowing where my downfall was.

So off to do some shopping, and I start tomorrow, but have my first official WI on Sat. Wish me luck!
Mimi,

If you had made it to goal and maintenance they would have weaned you off the medication while upping your calories. When you stopped cold turkey you did not have the benefit of this. Next time talk to your clinic and tell them you need to go off for medical reasons and I am sure they will work with you to ease you off the plan.

While maintenance is no walk in the park, they give you tools to handle it.
Old 01-28-2010, 06:20 PM   #433
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshines6 View Post
I lost 2 lbs on my 3rd weigh in, but one of the lbs was water.

This brings me to a total of 11 lbs for January, but 3.5 of those lbs were water.

For some reason I'm feeling really down about everything today. It's TOM, my home scale was up 3 lbs, I woke up feeling so sick this morning and I just couldn't face the thought of eating eggs. So I bought an english muffin but couldn't bring myself to cheat, so I didn't eat it. So while I'm happy I didn't cheat, it was just such a terrible feeling knowing that I was sick and couldn't eat something (bread, etc) that would settle my stomach. I've really felt terrible all day and I have no appetite, it's just like nothing is appealing to me and I'm sick of eating the same things over and over. I'm really trying so hard to stay on this but it's so hard. It's also really hard that I'm not quite seeing the results I thought I would see. After four weeks, I thought I would lose more than this. I feel like I can't count the water pounds, and I'm making so many sacrifices (financially and lifestyle wise) for 7.5 pounds?? When I have been giving this my all and didn't cheat one bit? It's hard to justify. I did weight watchers last year and lost 30 lbs, and it was significantly cheaper and easier than this. Although... I gained it right back when I stopped, so I can't really compare!!

Sorry for all of the negativity.. I just wanted to get this all out there and maybe see if anyone has some advice.
Have you tried any of the recipes in the recipe threads? This plan is only as boring as you decide to make it. There are recipes for muffins, pancakes, scrambles, and protein drinks that are good for breakfast.

When you lost the 30 pounds at Weight Watchers was it all fat or you don't really know because they didn't have that sort of scale? Did you lose 11 pounds in 3 weeks on WW? You may very well have and this may just not be for you. I find the program works the best when you surrender to it and make it a part of life and that means finding ways to satiate yourself with satisfying legal foods.

It is expensive, granted, but I know friends who have spend $$$$$ on lap band surgery only to have it fail. Personally I went on and off WW for 16 years (which is a plan I believe in and have been successful on in the past), paid $11-$13 a week and was still near my peak weight when I started Medi. With Medi I paid the initial fee, then $80 per week for 6 months and lost 62 pounds. The total came to $2330. I have probably paid way more than that in the last 16 years on failed attempts with WW, Jenny Craig and Nutrisystem.

Call your clinic and voice your concerns with them. They may have some suggestions on how you can save money and make the plan more enjoyable.
Old 01-28-2010, 06:22 PM   #434
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinin10 View Post
Check with your clinic, but I have never been told to restrict eggs.
Old 01-28-2010, 06:48 PM   #435
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kristenb
Stats: Ht: 5'2" 187.7/154.8/135
I started on January 6th and had my third week weigh in this morning. I am down 2.6 pounds for a January total of 15 pounds.

Sunshine - look into the EAS Carb Control shakes. They are chocolate (thank goodness!) and taste really good and are totally Medi friendly. They are 110 calories, 17g of protein and only 2 net carbs. I have one for breakfast every morning and love it! I'm with you, after the first week I was DONE with the eggs! But I actually look forward to my plan approved dose of chocolate every morning.
Old 01-28-2010, 06:56 PM   #436
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LostinAusten
Stats: 187.5/158/130
WOE: 1st MWL, now HCG
Start Date: 12/29/09
Hey all. I have some questions. Can anyone help me understand the Medi plan better? I have lost 13 pounds so far and tomorrow ends my first month.

My clinic does not want me to use the EAS powder. I brought it in and they said it was not ok. The cheesecake bites were not ok either. They want me to do absolutely nothing that is not on the printout recipe week that they gave me or the Medi website.

They are very strict with me about following the plan. But then I had a comment when they went over my food log that I eat salad and baked chicken a lot. I want to be successful, but I'm evidently not understanding the guidelines well enough. I looked over my paperwork and I can't find the exact guidelines that make something "medi legal". It's like I'm in trouble for not studying but I don't understand what book they are going by?

My sheet says 500 calories of protein per day and two servings of vegetables/one fruit. I feel very discouraged and am hesistant to ask in person, especially since they will push back a little bit on questions. I understand that dealing with overweight people with food addiction problems means that you need to be realistic and tough. I get that. However, I document every single thing that goes into my mouth and I have not cheated purposefully at all since I started 30 days ago. I'm committed to this, but I'm confused.

What are the carb limits? Some of the Medi recipes they gave me use SF products that I personally do not use because they do have more carbs and sugar than I am comfortable with. Yet the Hungry Girl-medi modified cheesecake bites are not ok?

Would really appreciate some clarification. My self-esteem has taken a huge nosedive. I'm working on this, but it feels like the more weight I lose the more "exposed" I feel. I feel so stupid that I am not understanding the plan better! Could we please discuss it for a minute? I would be grateful for any discussion or comments. And maybe encouragement? Are they hard on me because I should have lost more weight?

Last edited by LostinAusten; 01-28-2010 at 07:01 PM..
Old 01-28-2010, 07:03 PM   #437
Major LCF Poster!

Jerry,

I am so glad the surgery went well. I am wishing you a speedy recovery.
Old 01-28-2010, 07:08 PM   #438
Junior LCF Member

For instance-

Here is a recipe for Chocolate Hot Chocolate Delight on Week 3's survival guide sheet:

Calories - 65
Fat - 2 gm
Carbs- 10gm

1 pck Swiss Miss diet HC
3 tsp Torani hazelnut
1 tsp Hershey's SF choc. chips
2 tbsp Cool Whip FF

10 gms of carbs? Really? For a drink? I might do it for a protein shake that is a meal and use 10 carbs for adding one of my daily fruits, but this seems high!

On the same sheet I see a suggestion for 14 almonds as a quick snack. We are only allowed 6 nuts twice per week on another sheet.

Can anyone else see why I'm confused and afraid to vary my menu?

Last edited by LostinAusten; 01-28-2010 at 07:13 PM..
Old 01-28-2010, 07:29 PM   #439
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostinAusten View Post
For instance-

Here is a recipe for Chocolate Hot Chocolate Delight on Week 3's survival guide sheet:

Calories - 65
Fat - 2 gm
Carbs- 10gm

1 pck Swiss Miss diet HC
3 tsp Torani hazelnut
1 tsp Hershey's SF choc. chips
2 tbsp Cool Whip FF

10 gms of carbs? Really? For a drink? I might do it for a protein shake that is a meal and use 10 carbs for adding one of my daily fruits, but this seems high!

On the same sheet I see a suggestion for 14 almonds as a quick snack. We are only allowed 6 nuts twice per week on another sheet.

Can anyone else see why I'm confused and afraid to vary my menu?
Hi Lost,

I have noticed that different clinics interpret the program slightly differently. I did the program and am now in my 2nd week of counseling and I still get confused occasionally and get questions I am not sure how to answer. I will bring up your concerns to our doctor and see what she says next week. Sorry to take so long, but that is the next time I will be working. One thing I know is not right is that they are making you feel bad for asking questions. If it weren't for people like you they would not have a business and they should be happy to answer all of your questions, even when you challenge them.
Old 01-28-2010, 07:36 PM   #440
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kristenb
Stats: Ht: 5'2" 187.7/154.8/135
Wow! Everyone talks about how their clinic looks over their book and critiques their food, mine has never once asked to even see my book! They ask how I'm doing, if I'm in ketosis, if I have any questions, and if I can hold my arm out so they can give me my shot. Oh yeah, and then they ask for my credit card, and that's it!

I have been sticking to the 500 calories of protein and then 2-3 cups of veggies. My clinic told me not to exceed 20g of carbs in one day, and that is pretty standard for low carb diets. I have been adding in small treats in order to keep myself sane. For example, I found these amazing coconut fortune cookies from Taste of Thai that only have 2.6 carbs each. I figure, if I've only had about 10 carbs between my EAS shake and my veggies, it's fine for me to have one of the cookies. As long as I stay in ketosis, I'm good. But, like I said, no one at my clinic cares, and I keep losing every week, so I'm good.

I think 13 pounds in a month is awesome, so I doubt they are disappointed at your amount of weight loss. They may just want to make sure that you are as successful as possible.
Old 01-28-2010, 07:39 PM   #441
Major LCF Poster!

Lost,

You are going to love this. I remembered seeing a version of the cheesecake bites in the MediLiving magazine after I posted the modified Hungry Girl recipe. And sure enough it is in volume 7 and in addition to the ingredients I posted it has diet cocoa mix for a total of 42 calories and 7g carbs. I scanned it in because seeing is believing...

BTW... if you substitute Waldon Farms chocolate syrup for the Hersheys you will save carbs as it is calorie and carb free.

Last edited by SDC2; 01-28-2010 at 07:46 PM..
Old 01-28-2010, 07:47 PM   #442
Junior LCF Member

Thank you, Susie! I hope I don't sound like I am dissing my clinic. They are well-intentioned, driven women that are all no-nonsense. Which is fine! If I get tempted to cheat, all I have to do is remember my NP's stern look. LOL And they are extremely organized and methodical.

I'm grateful that two office staff picked apart the EAS powder nutritional information when I brought it in. But when I apply that kind of analysis to the recipes, I am left confused about what is ok and what is not.

If I showed up with a 65 calorie hot chocolate drink on my food log they would say something. Maybe they are trying to tell me that I have not been as successful as others and need to keep my intake extremely tight?

That would be so sweet of you, Susie, if you have time. I heard that Medi hired someone to update the website and I am glad. It would be so awesome if some of your recipes would show up on there!
Old 01-28-2010, 07:49 PM   #443
Junior LCF Member

Oh Susie you are the awesomest person ever! I am SO bringing this in next week! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-28-2010, 07:56 PM   #444
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: elizabethgrace
Stats: 242/223/150
Start Date: 1/14/2010
LostinAustin

Try this recipe.
Crumble 4 meat skins in bowl. Add tablespoon of mustard and mix well. Coat three ounces of chicken tenders with mix. Bake 20 minutes or until chicken is done. Eat with serving of green beans. Very filling and very legal.

Every ingredient is on Medi List.

Several of the counselors at my clinic are on the medi program themselves, so they look for other recipes in addition to the Medi published ones. It could be your group doesn't check this out.

Honestly, you are paying for this program and should not have to leave with questions or bewilderment.
Old 01-28-2010, 08:05 PM   #445
Junior LCF Member

Thank you Elizabeth Grace! I will definitely try this one.
(For those of you who don't speak Southern, meat skins= pork rinds.)
Old 01-28-2010, 11:58 PM   #446
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Shermy
Stats: start/current/goal (248/248/190)
WOE: Medi Diet
Start Date: December 23, 2009
Checking in on day # 33.........I appreciate all your posts and support, it really gave me the strength during the first three weeks to power on!

My starting weight was 249 lbs, I have lost 24 lbs!!!!! Now only 35lbs to my goal! Only a matter of time!

The lifestyle is upon me!!

Thanks again!

Shermstar
Old 01-29-2010, 04:21 AM   #447
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: fit2b55
Stats: 218/211/178
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 6/24/09-Maintenance 10/12/09!!: RESTART 5/27/14
I've been in Maintenance too long and forget the actual number but what I did was one egg with one egg beater so you can stetch your egg "allotment" to twice the allowed amount.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinin10 View Post
Old 01-29-2010, 07:38 AM   #448
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: babyboyst
Stats: 5'11" 238/165/180???
Start Date: April 1st, 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDC2 View Post
Thanks nomorerolls. I love my Bodybugg. It takes the guess work and lets me know exactly how much I can eat. It is a great maintenance tool.
I have a GoWear Fit, which is pretty much the same thing as a Boydbugg, and its been awesome! I got it back in October when i was struggling to figure out a balance in maintenance and also how to balance working out with every day life. Its awesome, and its also got a sleep analyzer that tells you how efficient your sleep is, i love that part! I wear it all day every day, except when i'm in the shower since its not water proof! I agree, its been awesome for maintenance!
Old 01-29-2010, 07:41 AM   #449
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: babyboyst
Stats: 5'11" 238/165/180???
Start Date: April 1st, 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by fit2b50 View Post
Danika-Saw your commercial this morning while I was on the treadmill at the gym. No sound of course, closed captioning, but you look great!! El
That's so funny! I love that you were on the treadmill when you saw it, GO GO GO!! Someone buzzed me on facebook last night and said HEY, is that you in the ad in Southpark Magazine?! I was like, no not that i'm aware of, but I pulled it up today online, and sure enough, there it is! Drives me batty the clinic never told me about the commercial, the newspaper ad or this one, but I can only guess that they submit things to corporate, and then corporate must make all those decisions. When i called to say i had heard i was on tv but hadn't seen it, they were as surprised as me!

http://http://southparkmagazine.com/0210/
2 kids under 2, 16 months apart ~ I haven't sat down in almost 2 years!! Goodbye 240's forever, goodbye 230's forever, goodbye 220's forever, goodbye 210's forever, goodbye 200's forever, goodbye 190's forever, goodbye 180's forever and now GOODBYE 170's forever!!!! (ok that's a lot of goodbyes, I think i'm done now!!)
Old 01-29-2010, 09:20 AM   #450
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: duckwoman
Stats: 235/208/130
Start Date: December 2009
Hi Jo: I lost a total of 13 pounds in January. Thank you!!
Closed Thread