Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2010, 07:24 PM   #301
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NOT2fat4fun
Stats: 190/178/145 again
WOE: Medi
Start Date: May 5, 2009
KATE!!! YOU GO GIRL!!! FANTASTIC!!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-2010, 09:52 PM   #302
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SDC2
Stats: 5' 7.5" 218/150/155 Maintenance
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: November 20, 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick80 View Post
Hello all
Just had my weigh-in yesterday (not expecting much because it was another travel week). I was surprised as i lost 6.4 lbs. I am 4.2 pounds away from my goal. I am excited since I didnt expect such rapid weight loss. granted I have no patience but this WOE, WOL has exceeded my expectations. I am however, still nervous about eating to maintain my weight, so I have to carefully monitor what I eat so as not to drop too much more once I am down to my goal.

Keep it up everyone!!
Congrats Nick! You will be on maintenance in no time. You have been so dedicated and committed. It is so wonderful to watch the journey and see so many make it to the end. WTG!!!
Old 01-19-2010, 09:55 PM   #303
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by readyforachange View Post
Congratulations Nick80! That's awesome!!!

Since i'm pretty new at all of this I need to ask some advice from some of you who have done so well! This is my first TOM since I gave birth to my son back in September because I nursed my son for three months (don't worry, I had to stop nursing due to some medical issues before I even thought about going on the program)...so anyhow. Even with the AS I was severely craving something sweet so I took the liberty of assuming that some of the Russell Stover sugar-free candies were "okay". Well I will admit I got a little carried away, and in three days I ended up eating like 10 candies. I was doing SO well on the program and I stepped on the scale this morning and I am pretty sure I messed up my ketosis. I'm really discouraged and disappointed in myself because I could have eaten something medi-friendly. I don't have any ketostix so I'm not positive but I have only lost 0.4 lbs since last Wednesday's weigh-in and I was averaging about 3-5 lbs loss a week when I stick to the diet to a T. Should I go back to Induction?

Sorry for the long post! Any suggestions would be great!

Thanks!
Here is my 2 cents. Test for ketosis. You can buy the strips at Walmart, Target, walgreens, .... If you are in ketosis just continue on. Your small loss could be due to your TOM and once you are over it you will lose the excess water and be back on track. If you are not in ketosis go back to week 1 until you are. This will only take 3-4 days. Good luck.

BTW... Medi is a ketogenic diet, which means it fat burning diet. You need to be in ketosis to reap the maximum benefit. You should be testing for ketosis first thing in the morning. You only need to test once a day. You should also be keeping a journal, so that if you go out of ketosis you can look at your journal and figure out what food caused the problem.

Last edited by SDC2; 01-19-2010 at 09:58 PM..
Old 01-19-2010, 10:03 PM   #304
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katew1129 View Post
So happy to hear about everyone's losses! Congrats!
Welcome to all the newcomers! So glad to have you here!!!

I lost 3.5 this week! On top of that I had a big week of first's. I took my first pilates class, my first yoga class, started a boot camp that is every Monday, Wed & Fri nights (outside) and did my first race.

We went to Charleston, SC and ran the Riverfront Race. It was so wonderful and can't wait for my next one! I though so much this weekend about how far I have come since June. I am sad for the person I was back then and can't believe still I got to that point. I am 5 feet tall (short ) and was 248 pounds. I was happy, but unhappy you know. I always dreded going out because of what to wear and what I looked like etc. I am so much happier now and so much healthier. I thought a lot about that this weekend as I ran and celebrated all over Charleston! During the end of the race I was getting pretty tired and my brother and husband came up (they had finished) and ran the last 500 yards with me. It was a wonderful moment. I wanted to share a picture from the race next to my before picture.

I still have a way to go but wanted to thank you all for your support and encouragement. This board has helped me a ton and know it will continue to.

Kate,

You look amazing. Congrats to all the many accomplishments. You have every right to celebrate!!! (Just not with food. )
Old 01-20-2010, 04:28 AM   #305
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: marymo
Stats: 292/197/187
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: Dec 2, 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDC2 View Post
Here is my 2 cents. Test for ketosis. You can buy the strips at Walmart, Target, walgreens, .... If you are in ketosis just continue on. Your small loss could be due to your TOM and once you are over it you will lose the excess water and be back on track. If you are not in ketosis go back to week 1 until you are. This will only take 3-4 days. Good luck.

BTW... Medi is a ketogenic diet, which means it fat burning diet. You need to be in ketosis to reap the maximum benefit. You should be testing for ketosis first thing in the morning. You only need to test once a day. You should also be keeping a journal, so that if you go out of ketosis you can look at your journal and figure out what food caused the problem.
Hey, Susie - just to make clear when using the journal and checking for ketosis.

If one goes out of ketosis, do we look at the day before to see or does it take several days before body gets out of ketosis or is it pretty much the next day? (hope I am making since here) This way we can zero in on the 'culprit'
Old 01-20-2010, 09:31 AM   #306
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: shananagins
Stats: 251/236.5/170
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: 1/7/10
So last night I am getting ready to watch AI and a crave of a big bowl of popcorn hit (standard fare for AI watching). And this was after a very satisfying dinner with chicken and veggies, so this crave must be habit kicking up. Had two large pieces of celery and a cup of tea and seemed to take my mind off the popcorn. First time I had to really mentally block a strong craving, glad I was successful! Tomorrow is weigh in #2 so I have anticipated another successful week! I have noticed I am sometimes fatiqued in the morning, so I keep powerade zero in the fridge for a morning swig, and afternoon swig when I get tired. Seems to help.
Old 01-20-2010, 09:47 AM   #307
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Good for you shaningans for your purposeful alternative snack! You are making lifestyle changes successfully!! I think hot tea helps to decrease appetite and brings a calm.
Old 01-20-2010, 09:58 AM   #308
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Nick80
Stats: 6ft 249/175/180
WOE: Mediweight- maintenance
Start Date: October 1, 2009
Thank you all for your kind words and continued encouragement. I am so proud to be part of the group here. I have said this before -You are all an inspiration to me.
Old 01-20-2010, 10:07 AM   #309
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Justin1
Stats: 324.5/197/190
Start Date: 4/15/09
Quote:

I lost 3.5 this week! On top of that I had a big week of first's. I took my first pilates class, my first yoga class, started a boot camp that is every Monday, Wed & Fri nights (outside) and did my first race.

We went to Charleston, SC and ran the Riverfront Race. It was so wonderful and can't wait for my next one! I though so much this weekend about how far I have come since June. I am sad for the person I was back then and can't believe still I got to that point. I am 5 feet tall (short ) and was 248 pounds. I was happy, but unhappy you know. I always dreded going out because of what to wear and what I looked like etc. I am so much happier now and so much healthier. I thought a lot about that this weekend as I ran and celebrated all over Charleston! During the end of the race I was getting pretty tired and my brother and husband came up (they had finished) and ran the last 500 yards with me. It was a wonderful moment. I wanted to share a picture from the race next to my before picture.

I still have a way to go but wanted to thank you all for your support and encouragement. This board has helped me a ton and know it will continue to.

you gotta take this pic over to the before and after thread though!

*Official Before and After Picture Thread*
Old 01-20-2010, 10:22 AM   #310
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marymo View Post
Hey, Susie - just to make clear when using the journal and checking for ketosis.

If one goes out of ketosis, do we look at the day before to see or does it take several days before body gets out of ketosis or is it pretty much the next day? (hope I am making since here) This way we can zero in on the 'culprit'
It is usually what you ate the day before that can throw you out of ketosis. Good luck!
Old 01-20-2010, 02:21 PM   #311
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fit2010 View Post
Good for you shaningans for your purposeful alternative snack! You are making lifestyle changes successfully!! I think hot tea helps to decrease appetite and brings a calm.
Thank you Fit2010! I think it helps to write down these thoughts as we go through the process. I know I am not alone with the struggles, the anticipation, the obstacles, and will to and sometimes lack of will, to win. Sometimes verbalizing what seems a trival thought can make us understand how those are the thoughts that can sabotage us the most. I am dedicated to this program primarily because I have dedicated myself to my health. Any cheats I may think of doing aren't cheating the "program" the are cheats against myself. Thank you for giving me a place to vent and cheer along the road!
Old 01-20-2010, 02:51 PM   #312
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Rochelle91214
Stats: 207/176/150
Start Date: October 23, 2009-Restarted on July 7, 2010
So had my WI today and I'm down 2.5! I keep hoping for bigger losses but my clinic said that it's a normal loss because it slows down after a while. I'm on my 13th week and have lost 32.6 pounds so far! woohoo!

But I'm really writing now to fess up to a mistake I just made... :blush:
Being a teacher I am always around kids that are sick and full of germs! Today we sent home 2 kids because they had fevers! (I'm a kindergarten teacher.. and boy those 5 year olds have more runny noses than I have ever seen!) But anyway, when I came home today I was feeling very nauseaus, and thought that maybe it would pass... but it didn't. So I did the only thing I knew would make me feel better... I ate crackers I know I shouldn't have eaten them but it seemed like it was all I could do in that moment. Even while I was eating them I knew I shouldn't but I did anyway because I just wanted to feel better. Even though it helped my nauseusness a lot, I feel really guilty for eating them! I know I have a whole week to undo whatever it is that I may have messed up, but I just feel terrible now and am mad at myself!

Oh well.. it's too late now. Atleast I feel a little better....

"Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels"
Old 01-20-2010, 04:00 PM   #313
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: missyd
Hey Rochelle , don't sweat the crackers ,just figure out how many carbs and hopefully it didnt knock you out of ketosis. You have done a wonderful job , dont fret about it, move forward and dont make the same mistake twice. Congrats on your 32.6 lbs ,thats amazing. Keep it up !!! MissyD
Old 01-20-2010, 06:28 PM   #314
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: fit2b55
Stats: 218/211/178
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 6/24/09-Maintenance 10/12/09!!: RESTART 5/27/14
Kate-Are you working out with Jenny's bootcamp??

We are going to Charleston for the Cooper River Bridge 10k! You should aim for that! El

Quote:

Old 01-20-2010, 06:56 PM   #315
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: katew1129
Stats: 232/212/130
WOE: Medi-weight loss
Start Date: January 2013
Thanks to all for the kind comments. Can't tell you how much I appreciate it! Susie, very good point on not celebrating with food! I actually celebrated with getting fitted for new fancy running shoes from Try Sports. I love them!

El, I am doing a boot camp with Max Fit Systems. Ryan is the trainer. It is tough but GREAT! I am still struggling with getting trim in my abs and on my back (yuck to back fat!) so I think this boot camp with help. He is doing this one in Mint Hill but has another one somewhere up in University area.

I would love to do the Cooper River Bridge but it is right after we travel 2 weekends in a row to Savannah for St. Patrick's day. I am doing the Cupid's Cup 5K in Charlotte on February 13th if any Charlotte Medi people want to join me!
Old 01-20-2010, 07:10 PM   #316
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Rochelle, Over and over again you apologized for the crackers. Geez...you were nauseated and had definitely been exposed. It's not like you were in week 1 or 2 and purposefully went for cravings of carbs. You're fine in my book and we are hoping you don't get sick!
Old 01-20-2010, 08:09 PM   #317
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: malloryann11
Stats: 185/179.6/160
WOE: MWL
Start Date: November 3, 2009, Restart Aug. 24 2010
Had my second short term maintenance weigh in today! No gain and I added in popcorn and LC ice cream! I am officially on wellness. I am going once a week for shots then weigh in once a month. I want to be down 5 more in a month because I will be front and center in a huge musical I am in with 3 solos. Then I have Spring Break in Florida with my friends!!
Old 01-21-2010, 06:59 AM   #318
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: fit2b55
Stats: 218/211/178
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 6/24/09-Maintenance 10/12/09!!: RESTART 5/27/14
Kate-I did the Charlotte Adventure Bootcamp for a year. Bootcamps are great. More like playing than working out. Right now I'm a Fitness Together fan because it works with my life.

The Cooper River Run was on my bucket list. AND this year's poster is REALLY artsy-love it!

I think we have rriends coming from out of town for the 13th but if their plans change, I'll run with you on the 13th. El

Quote:
Thanks to all for the kind comments. Can't tell you how much I appreciate it! Susie, very good point on not celebrating with food! I actually celebrated with getting fitted for new fancy running shoes from Try Sports. I love them!

El, I am doing a boot camp with Max Fit Systems. Ryan is the trainer. It is tough but GREAT! I am still struggling with getting trim in my abs and on my back (yuck to back fat!) so I think this boot camp with help. He is doing this one in Mint Hill but has another one somewhere up in University area.

I would love to do the Cooper River Bridge but it is right after we travel 2 weekends in a row to Savannah for St. Patrick's day. I am doing the Cupid's Cup 5K in Charlotte on February 13th if any Charlotte Medi people want to join me!
Old 01-21-2010, 08:10 AM   #319
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: readyforachange
Stats: 199/179/140
Start Date: December 9, 2009
Mary and Susie- Thanks for all the advice! I had my weigh in yesterday and surprisingly I did a lot better than I thought! I'm down 3.2 from the week before! They tested for Ketosis and I didn't mess anything up! I feel so much better now just knowing that I still did well!

As for the injections, I really don't notice any extra energy or anything with the one injection a week--I think this week I will try 2!! I can use all the extra energy I can get with the little one!

Thanks a bunch for all the advice!!
Old 01-21-2010, 08:16 AM   #320
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: sunshines6
Stats: 181/161.8/125 (5ft4)
So I lost 2 lbs (of fat) at my weigh in on Tuesday.. I was happy! If I can stick to 2 lbs/week I will be really happy about it.

Questions: Are your goal weights your final goal weights? I put 125 because that would be my ideal weight, but sometimes it makes me feel down to know how far I have to go. Truthfully, getting to 145 would be wonderful and 135 is the lowest I've weighed since puberty and I looked fabulous. But numbers wise, it seems like since I'm so short, 125 would make more sense.

Also- I found out that I have to have surgery 3 weeks from now Because of the anesthesia I am not allowed to take any vitamins or herbal supplements for six days prior. I have to check about the appetite stimulants but I wouldn't be surprised if they said I couldn't take them. Would you just continue to follow the plan eating wise with no pills? I am going to talk to the people at my clinic when I weigh in next week but just wanted to see if anyone had a similar experience. Thanks!
Old 01-21-2010, 08:31 AM   #321
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CCCOX
Stats: 195-135-135
Start Date: 1/5/10
It makes me laugh that for the last 17 days--my dreams have ALL included cheating on the diet and I wake up a nervous wreck --Last night I dreamed my husband ordered a thin crust pizza from pizza hut--(my favorite) and I snuck in after they were all asleep and ate the entire crust part off of every piece lol--I woke up almost in tears--the other night I dreamed I made brownies--and saved part of the batter for a snack lol

The funny part is I have not really craved any of this--however--my daughter Bean Burrito last night looked very tasty- lol

I want to see myself in pictures again-

I want my girls to know the me that is under my weight-

I want to be the Cori I used to be !
Old 01-21-2010, 08:50 AM   #322
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: elizabethgrace
Stats: 242/223/150
Start Date: 1/14/2010
CCCOX
I almost did a double take when I read your post. I had be thinking the same thing and wondered if I have written about it in my sleep!!! The strange thing is I can imagine eating my husband's wonderful spaghetti sauce and pasta but not really feel a craving for it. Tonight is my "curl up on the couch and watch Grey's Anatomy with a Pizza Hut Supreme Pizza night" but, you know, I think I'll make it through it OK.
Old 01-21-2010, 09:49 AM   #323
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: katew1129
Stats: 232/212/130
WOE: Medi-weight loss
Start Date: January 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshines6 View Post
So I lost 2 lbs (of fat) at my weigh in on Tuesday.. I was happy! If I can stick to 2 lbs/week I will be really happy about it.

Questions: Are your goal weights your final goal weights? I put 125 because that would be my ideal weight, but sometimes it makes me feel down to know how far I have to go. Truthfully, getting to 145 would be wonderful and 135 is the lowest I've weighed since puberty and I looked fabulous. But numbers wise, it seems like since I'm so short, 125 would make more sense.

Also- I found out that I have to have surgery 3 weeks from now Because of the anesthesia I am not allowed to take any vitamins or herbal supplements for six days prior. I have to check about the appetite stimulants but I wouldn't be surprised if they said I couldn't take them. Would you just continue to follow the plan eating wise with no pills? I am going to talk to the people at my clinic when I weigh in next week but just wanted to see if anyone had a similar experience. Thanks!
Sunshine - Not sure about the surgery questions...but good luck with it!!!

The goal weight question...my goal weight of 140 was the one I set with my clinic. I am 5 feet so know that I want to be more like 125 but frankly this is the one I set with the clinic (it is the high end of a healthy weight for my height). To be honest I think I may keep it at this for the clinic's purpose for financial reasons. When I reach my goal with them I will still continue on plan for sure but won't have to pay as much.
Old 01-21-2010, 10:20 AM   #324
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: sunshines6
Stats: 181/161.8/125 (5ft4)
Thanks, Kate.. that is actually a really good idea about having a higher goal to go on maintenance earlier and not pay as much! Didn't even think of that! I am 5 foot 4 and it looks like 145 puts me in the "normal" range for my height.. so maybe I will put that or 140. Thanks!!
Old 01-21-2010, 12:35 PM   #325
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jbiggars63
Stats: 493/192/193
Start Date: 1/23/2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshines6 View Post

I'm dealing with that now as I have tummy tuck surgery next Wednesday. I am just following the diet and taking my calcium and B and C vitamins and the medi-melts. I am hitting the exercise hard this week and will have my last workout Monday morning as I want to be well rested and hydrated before the surgery!
Old 01-21-2010, 03:51 PM   #326
Senior LCF Member

My first weigh-in was today and I lost 9 lbs. I was so excited. And afterwards I had green beans and baked chicken for lunch. Believe me, I savored the green beans. My husband said I looked like I was eating a piece of my mother's homemade chocolate cake!!
Old 01-21-2010, 04:13 PM   #327
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: thinin10
Stats: 217/160
Start Date: 1/19/2010
j-biggars - What are medi-melts?
Old 01-21-2010, 07:04 PM   #328
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LostinAusten
Stats: 187.5/158/130
WOE: 1st MWL, now HCG
Start Date: 12/29/09
Week Two I gained a pound and felt like giving up. The NP went over my food journal with a fine-toothed comb and I got in big trouble for Hungry Girl cheesecake bites. She asked me to start over with protein so I did. I also was allowed to up my medication a little bit in the evenings.

Just had my Week Three weigh in yesterday and I'm down 3 pounds this week.
Old 01-21-2010, 07:42 PM   #329
Senior LCF Member

LostinAustin
You've been on the diet less than a month and have lost 11.5 lbs overall.
WOW!! I'd say that's an accomplishment even with the slip. I just had my first week weigh-in and lost 9 lbs. But I am also a night snacker and I wonder how I will handle it when the real cravings start kicking in. I've been on so many other diets before and after a while my body seems to get immune to the "diet plan food" and starts hankering for something more!!
Old 01-21-2010, 08:12 PM   #330
Junior LCF Member

night snacking - I had to have something to crunch on while watching AI and celery and hot tea took care of it. If you know your problem areas, I would try to work with them rather than against them. Snack on allowed foods that give you texture. Take longer to eat the snack. Almonds for instance, I will suck on one before I eat it, or take bites out of it, not eat it whole.
I have to avoid those things that make me think about my arch enemy foods. There is no way I could eat anything called "cheesecake bites" right now!
I had my week two weigh in today and I am down 3.5lbs but up in fat, down in water. My counsler reviewed my journal looking for something to explain it but she didn't find anything, and I don't know why. I have been very good with everything I have eaten. I am not focusing on the numbers, just the direction. Downward we go!
Closed Thread