Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2009, 01:48 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LostinAusten
Stats: 187.5/158/130
WOE: 1st MWL, now HCG
Start Date: 12/29/09
Cost- what to expect?

Hey all-

I made my *gulp* first appt. for tomorrow morning.

What should I expect for costs?

The clinic says $219 (special) plus $80 per week for both shots. Are there any other costs?

I can't believe I'm going to try this.

And I might even be able to use my flexible spending account? Seriously? I guess because a physician is running the clinic? That would be awesome. We'll see how it works out.

I'm starting at about 190 lbs. I wonder how long it will take to lose this weight? I would be thrilled to be at 150 again.
LostinAusten is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-29-2009, 01:13 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DreamWarrior
Stats: 161/161/145
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: 23 Oct 09
They are very upfront with their prices, there are no surprises. Expect to pay $80 per week if you're getting both shots. All the vitamins/supplements are included in your first visit. Once your supply runs out, you will have to purchase more. But, the prescription and the multivitamin are included in your $80.00 weekly fee.

Check out the newbie thread and the monthly thread for great info.

You wont regret the decision to join medi. Just be strong and consistent, use your resources and vent here often! :-)

Also, dont depend on any financial help. This is a luxury not a necessity. Cruel I know, but you have to be responsible for the decisions that you make in life and no one is going to get you out of bad habits but yourself!

Good luck and welcome!
Old 12-29-2009, 05:22 PM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LostinAusten
Stats: 187.5/158/130
WOE: 1st MWL, now HCG
Start Date: 12/29/09
Thank you, Dream Warrior (there must be a story with that name!) for your kind response.

I must be tired, because I don't understand what you mean in your last paragraph My flexible spending account is tied to my medical plan. I'm supposed to be able to use it for at least part of this, which would be awesome. If not, I'll just give it all to the dentist this year!

The costs were about what I expected. I'm really happy so far with my experience. I liked everyone at the clinic. They were the perfect combination of compassion and honesty.

I'll go post in the December thread. Thanks again!
LostinAusten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 07:58 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DreamWarrior
Stats: 161/161/145
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: 23 Oct 09
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostinAusten View Post
Thank you, Dream Warrior (there must be a story with that name!) for your kind response.

I must be tired, because I don't understand what you mean in your last paragraph My flexible spending account is tied to my medical plan. I'm supposed to be able to use it for at least part of this, which would be awesome. If not, I'll just give it all to the dentist this year!

The costs were about what I expected. I'm really happy so far with my experience. I liked everyone at the clinic. They were the perfect combination of compassion and honesty.

Sorry if I confused you, I was quoting my own insurance guru's phrase. Believe it or not, Medi Weight Loss is not considered a medical anything from any point of view. Its a diet program, just like any other such as weight watchers, jenny craig, etc. If your flex account allows for expenses from diet centers, then you're good to go... but I would double check first. I would hate for you to end up frustrated in the end.
DreamWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 05:11 PM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MommybyNate
Stats: 200/200/150
I know a few people who use their flex spending for Medi. Just check with your insurance provider ... they're all different.
MommybyNate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 04:08 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mommy-2-girls
Stats: 5'9" 299.2/249.2/180
WOE: Medi Weight Loss/Wii Fit/Yoga
Start Date: Restart after pregnancy bedrest: January 5, 2011
I would agree to check with your provider! I wasn't able to any FSA for my old insurance but this year our provider changed and you better believe I'll be checking!
Mommy-2-girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 10:08 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SDC2
Stats: 5' 7.5" 218/150/155 Maintenance
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: November 20, 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostinAusten View Post

I applied this to my FSA which they initially denied, but after a letter from the doctor they accepted. Good luck.
SDC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 08:41 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
Same here. My doctor literally prescribed the program for me and my FSA accepted it and cut the check.

Jo
Desert-Rose7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 10:30 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: QueenCityDiva
Stats: 5'10" 266/245.4/165
WOE: Medi
Start Date: Originally 10/09 Restarted 1/10
I use my FSA and they didnt' need any additional verification - it's definitely helpful for this program! GOOD LUCK!
QueenCityDiva is offline   Reply With Quote