Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Medi Weightloss (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/medi-weightloss/)
-   -   Cost- what to expect? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/medi-weightloss/653500-cost-what-expect.html)

LostinAusten 12-28-2009 01:48 PM

Cost- what to expect?

Hey all-

I made my *gulp* first appt. for tomorrow morning.

What should I expect for costs?

The clinic says $219 (special) plus $80 per week for both shots. Are there any other costs?

I can't believe I'm going to try this.

And I might even be able to use my flexible spending account? Seriously? I guess because a physician is running the clinic? That would be awesome. We'll see how it works out.

I'm starting at about 190 lbs. I wonder how long it will take to lose this weight? I would be thrilled to be at 150 again.

DreamWarrior 12-29-2009 01:13 PM

They are very upfront with their prices, there are no surprises. Expect to pay $80 per week if you're getting both shots. All the vitamins/supplements are included in your first visit. Once your supply runs out, you will have to purchase more. But, the prescription and the multivitamin are included in your $80.00 weekly fee.

Check out the newbie thread and the monthly thread for great info.

You wont regret the decision to join medi. Just be strong and consistent, use your resources and vent here often! :-)

Also, dont depend on any financial help. This is a luxury not a necessity. Cruel I know, but you have to be responsible for the decisions that you make in life and no one is going to get you out of bad habits but yourself!

Good luck and welcome!

LostinAusten 12-29-2009 05:22 PM

Thank you, Dream Warrior (there must be a story with that name!) for your kind response.

I must be tired, because I don't understand what you mean in your last paragraph :laugh: My flexible spending account is tied to my medical plan. I'm supposed to be able to use it for at least part of this, which would be awesome. If not, I'll just give it all to the dentist this year!

The costs were about what I expected. I'm really happy so far with my experience. I liked everyone at the clinic. They were the perfect combination of compassion and honesty.

I'll go post in the December thread. Thanks again! :)

DreamWarrior 12-30-2009 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LostinAusten (Post 12916158)
Thank you, Dream Warrior (there must be a story with that name!) for your kind response.

I must be tired, because I don't understand what you mean in your last paragraph :laugh: My flexible spending account is tied to my medical plan. I'm supposed to be able to use it for at least part of this, which would be awesome. If not, I'll just give it all to the dentist this year!

The costs were about what I expected. I'm really happy so far with my experience. I liked everyone at the clinic. They were the perfect combination of compassion and honesty.

Sorry if I confused you, I was quoting my own insurance guru's phrase. Believe it or not, Medi Weight Loss is not considered a medical anything from any point of view. Its a diet program, just like any other such as weight watchers, jenny craig, etc. If your flex account allows for expenses from diet centers, then you're good to go... but I would double check first. I would hate for you to end up frustrated in the end.

MommybyNate 12-30-2009 05:11 PM

I know a few people who use their flex spending for Medi. Just check with your insurance provider ... they're all different.

Mommy-2-girls 01-01-2010 04:08 PM

I would agree to check with your provider! I wasn't able to any FSA for my old insurance but this year our provider changed and you better believe I'll be checking!

SDC2 01-02-2010 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LostinAusten (Post 12916158)

I applied this to my FSA which they initially denied, but after a letter from the doctor they accepted. Good luck.

Desert-Rose7 01-03-2010 08:41 AM

Same here. My doctor literally prescribed the program for me and my FSA accepted it and cut the check.

Jo

QueenCityDiva 01-09-2010 10:30 PM

I use my FSA and they didnt' need any additional verification - it's definitely helpful for this program! GOOD LUCK!