Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2009, 05:16 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: babyboyst
Stats: 5'11" 238/165/180???
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: April 1st, 2009
Go-Wear-Fit/Body Bug

Hey everyone! I have recently hit my goal weight (or thereabouts) and started incorporating exercise. I've been working with my clinic to figure out how to make it all work for me, as no matter what I've done I'm losing muscle and gaining back some fat. They tell me that I'm not eating enough and I need to cut back my workouts a bit. So we are sort of taking it a few days ata time and trying to make adjustments along the way. I am having a hard time with this adjustment, and its been a frustrating week or so. I really want to know *exactly* how much i'm burning vs. what I'm taking in, and just nip this in the bud and get it back on track!!

With all of that said, I started looking in to these devices that are supposed to monitor every aspect of your body and what and how you are burning. The first one I heard of is the Body Bug, and the more I researched the more I became convinced this was something that I needed to try. I found another device called the "GoWearFit" and I decided that I would try that one. Well I just got it tonight, and I'm dying to get a full day logged in tomorrow. I chose the GoWearFit because not only does it monitor your exertion and calories burned, but it also analyzes your sleep to see how much rest you really get. (ie, are you tossing and turning or really resting).

I am wondering if anyone else has one of these or has tried one? Any feedback you can give me, what has your experience been??? I am really hopeful this is going to turn this week around for me, I've been so puzzled that the harder I worked out the more muscle i lost/fat gained. So we shall see if in fact I'm not eating enough, which is really hard to imagine. Although I hope its true!!
2 kids under 2, 16 months apart ~ I haven't sat down in almost 2 years!! Goodbye 240's forever, goodbye 230's forever, goodbye 220's forever, goodbye 210's forever, goodbye 200's forever, goodbye 190's forever, goodbye 180's forever and now GOODBYE 170's forever!!!! (ok that's a lot of goodbyes, I think i'm done now!!)
babyboyst is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-2009, 06:04 PM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: McBoo
Stats: 216/140/140 Now on Maintainance
WOE: Medi Weightloss Clinics
Start Date: June 17, 2008
Please post this in the main thread to keep order and possibly get more responses.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/me...ight-loss.html

McBoo

Last edited by McBoo; 10-06-2009 at 06:42 PM..
McBoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 07:05 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NOT2fat4fun
Stats: 190/178/145 again
WOE: Medi
Start Date: May 5, 2009
I would be interested to know how you are judging that you are losing muscle. If you are saying this based on the Tanita scale such as my clinic uses - you cannot get an accurate reading of your fat percentage - gain or loss. Is this what you are using?
NOT2fat4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 10:28 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
Both of those devices are useful, I guess, however, they cost a lot of money. I can write down a lot of information to read over each day, I have my pedometer, and the read outs on the various machines in the fitness center, as well as the Tanita at the clinic. My clothes, and my image in the mirror also tell me how I am progressing. But then, I have been exercising from day one. I simply cannot justify the expenditure of a lot of money to have a readout of my day. I know what I do each day. Sorry,but it just seems like a lot of $$$ for something that really is not a necessity.

JMHO...

Jo
Desert-Rose7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 11:42 AM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: deeya
Stats: 236.5/217/160
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: September 30, 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyboyst View Post
Hey everyone! I have recently hit my goal weight (or thereabouts) and started incorporating exercise. I've been working with my clinic to figure out how to make it all work for me, as no matter what I've done I'm losing muscle and gaining back some fat. They tell me that I'm not eating enough and I need to cut back my workouts a bit. So we are sort of taking it a few days ata time and trying to make adjustments along the way. I am having a hard time with this adjustment, and its been a frustrating week or so. I really want to know *exactly* how much i'm burning vs. what I'm taking in, and just nip this in the bud and get it back on track!!

With all of that said, I started looking in to these devices that are supposed to monitor every aspect of your body and what and how you are burning. The first one I heard of is the Body Bug, and the more I researched the more I became convinced this was something that I needed to try. I found another device called the "GoWearFit" and I decided that I would try that one. Well I just got it tonight, and I'm dying to get a full day logged in tomorrow. I chose the GoWearFit because not only does it monitor your exertion and calories burned, but it also analyzes your sleep to see how much rest you really get. (ie, are you tossing and turning or really resting).

I am wondering if anyone else has one of these or has tried one? Any feedback you can give me, what has your experience been??? I am really hopeful this is going to turn this week around for me, I've been so puzzled that the harder I worked out the more muscle i lost/fat gained. So we shall see if in fact I'm not eating enough, which is really hard to imagine. Although I hope its true!!
How is the go wear fit working out for you? I know it's something I'm interested in... not so much for now, but maybe after I get a bit more weight off.. and even more so after I get to maintenance.. Do you think it's helping?
deeya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 01:13 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: QueenCityDiva
Stats: 5'10" 266/245.4/165
Start Date: Originally 10/09 Restarted 1/10
I can't wait to hear what you think about this and how you are progressing!
QueenCityDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 10:12 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 38:5'5 256.6/228.4/125
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 12/29/09 RI 12/10/10 RII 06/01/11 RIII10/08/12
Wow babybosty 73 lbs in 6 months is great!
Determined Gemini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 07:09 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kristenb
Stats: Ht: 5'2" 187.7/154.8/135
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: 01/06/2010
I have the BodyBugg. It was super interesting for the first two weeks or so, I loved seeing my calories burned go up during my periods of exercise. But, after that initial two weeks, I pretty much knew how many calories I was burning on an average day and given the amount of exercise that I do, so it wasn't really helpful after that. I found mine on Craigslist for $80, so I didn't spend that much on it. It's interesting, and if you have the spare $$$ to spend I'd say go for it!
kristenb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 07:25 PM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LCfan03
WOE: Atkins or just low carb in general
Start Date: June 2003
I have a GoWearFit and I really like it. Seeing my calorie burn for the day was an eye opener! I was probably estimating my total calories burned on an "exercising" day by at least 200-300 too many.

I wear mine and like it still. I find it motivating.
LCfan03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 08:43 AM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sshals
Stats: 5'4" 264/192/132
Start Date: 02/2010
Comments from a longtime BodyBugg user..

I purchased a BodyBugg a year and half ago and continue to use it, although not every day anymore. It completely changed my workout habits. I had been using a Polar heart rate monitor, and found out that it has a tendency to overestimate calories burned when compared to to the BodyBugg. For example, the Polar said I was burning 400 calories during my elliptical workouts, whereas the BodyBugg said I was only burning 180. This was eye-opening as I had been working out regularly and watching what I was eating, but not losing the weight I expected. I switched to the treadmill because the BodyBugg indicated I was burning more calories walking. I also adjusted other habits to meet my target calorie burn every day - like walking down the hall to ask my co-worker a question instead of calling and parking father away from buildings, etc. Using the BodyBugg as a guide I lost 22 pounds (before I started Medi). I would highly recommend it to anyone who wants to get a true picture of their calories burned. It's especially good at helping you not to fool yourself. For example, in 30 minutes on Wii Fit, I burn 125 calories, but 30 minutes on the treadmill (or walking outside) gets me 350. Now, I still play Wii Fit because it's fun and better than sitting on the coach, but I don't count it as a workout.

I plan to keep using the BodyBugg as I lose weight as I am sure the calories burned in different activities will change.

On a side note, when I am planning a strenuous workout I still use my heart-rate monitor. It helps me to keep in my target range. I just don't rely on the calories burned function.
Sshals is offline   Reply With Quote