Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Medi Weightloss (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/medi-weightloss/)
-   -   Should I start a new thread or use the search function (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/medi-weightloss/638184-should-i-start-new-thread-use-search-function.html)

McBoo 09-20-2009 12:17 PM

Should I start a new thread or use the search function

I order to try and keep everything managable in the Medi forum it is really in the best interest of everyone to use the search function before starting a new thread; more times than not that question has been asked and answered numerous times. The monthly threads are the best place to ask questions to get the most feedback since they are the most viewed (this of course would be after using the search function to see if the question has been asked and answered). As more and more people join our forum it is essential to keep an orderly format so everyone can get the most from the forum.

I want everyone to get the most support and enjoy the success that so many of us have acheived. The best way to do this is through consistancy.

Of course this is only my opinion.

McBoo

Desert-Rose7 09-20-2009 04:38 PM

And mine too! Thank you, McBoo!

Jo

SDC2 09-20-2009 04:47 PM

McBoo, Thank you for the reminder. I agree with you and Jo. If everyone opens a new thread for every post, then all we have is threads, and you have to open each and every one of them. I personally find it easier to open fewer threads and keep up with those, and if there is a particular topic I am interested in I can search just that thread. Every so often a topic deserves its own thread because it pertains to everyone and becomes a shortcut. But if we have 500 shortcut threads they all become deluded. This is just my opinion.

The other advantage to posting to the populated threads is that you will get more responses. Alot of posters don't bother to open every new thread that pops up and just go to the monthly thread.

crobyninc 09-21-2009 05:20 AM

Agreed!

McBoo 10-06-2009 03:39 PM

BUMP

McBoo

Desert-Rose7 10-24-2009 12:42 PM

And another bump!

Jo

Desert-Rose7 11-11-2009 09:24 AM

Another bump up!

Jo

Desert-Rose7 07-13-2010 01:12 PM

And yet another bump up!

Jo

Desert-Rose7 08-26-2010 03:55 PM

Time for another bump up!

McBoo 08-28-2010 01:58 PM

Never too many bumps on this thread Jo.

McBoo

Desert-Rose7 08-31-2010 07:01 PM

Bumping up yet again!

Desert-Rose7 11-13-2010 08:24 AM

Bumping up again!

Desert-Rose7 01-13-2011 02:01 AM

Here we go,bumping up again! We have many new members!

Jo

Desert-Rose7 01-17-2011 12:14 PM

Moving up yet again, as we have a lot of new members and a lot of new threads being opened when we have a lot of great threads that can answer all these questions.

Jo

Desert-Rose7 02-22-2011 09:40 PM

Up again we go. So many new threads that have questions many of the existing threads can answer for you!

Jo

TheAudGirlOut 02-23-2011 08:07 PM

I don't get the one thread thing.
I belong to at least a dozen forums and this one is the first one I've come across that puts almost every topic into one thread.
I dunno if people get used to it or not, but it's hard for me these days just starting out...
it's frustrating to sift through 100 pages of random conversations and topics :(
Maybe I'll get used to it over time, hopefully.

Mary T8M 03-01-2011 05:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheAudGirlOut (Post 14408134)
I don't get the one thread thing.
I belong to at least a dozen forums and this one is the first one I've come across that puts almost every topic into one thread.
I dunno if people get used to it or not, but it's hard for me these days just starting out...
it's frustrating to sift through 100 pages of random conversations and topics :(
Maybe I'll get used to it over time, hopefully.

I agree that it IS hard to find things sometimes......even doing a search but it gets easier. When I run across something I want to "remember" I cut and paste and send it to myself in an Email then save it in a "folder". I didn't want to "make waves" at the beginning, and now I guess I'm used to it.

Baysidegal 03-04-2011 05:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mary T8M (Post 14424163)
I agree that it IS hard to find things sometimes......even doing a search but it gets easier. When I run across something I want to "remember" I cut and paste and send it to myself in an Email then save it in a "folder". I didn't want to "make waves" at the beginning, and now I guess I'm used to it.

Mary, I do the same thing. My husband laughs because I cut, paste into an email and send the email to him...

I don't find it a problem though. I had seen a recipe using TVP that you had posted but I forget where it was. So, I did a search and yours was pretty easy to find, since I think that it is the only TVP recipe on the MWL forum.

cheftrish 03-04-2011 09:59 PM

What is TVP???

Mary T8M 03-05-2011 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheftrish (Post 14438307)
What is TVP???

TVP Textured Vegetable Protein! The one I use (there are MANY) is a hard dried granular about the size of Grape Nut Cereal. I was craving oatmeal (or probably any other hot cereal.....or something besides what I was eating for breakfast.....I haven't found a medi friendly "pancake" I like....YET.

My DD dabbled with being vegetarian, and still uses TVP for a faux "Oatmeal".....I looked on line and found one then adjusted it.......it really can't fool me into thinking I'm eating oatmeal, but I'm pretty happy with it and make a full bag each time then make a serving of about 4 ounces, so that lasts several days......DH really likes it too.

I buy the Bob's Red Mill one from Netrition