Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2009, 06:16 PM   #1
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: McBoo
Stats: 216/140/140 Now on Maintainance
WOE: Medi Weightloss Clinics
Start Date: June 17, 2008
I feel I want to go off plan. Do I deserve it?

I really don't expect this thread to go anywhere.

After reading a lot of post from people that feel they "deserve" to go off plan I am really interested in seeing the reasons for this.

This is not a judgemental thread but a possible insight to the thought process that fellow members are having with issues relating to food.

Discuss if you wish.

McBoo
McBoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-19-2009, 08:27 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NOT2fat4fun
Stats: 190/178/145 again
WOE: Medi
Start Date: May 5, 2009
Hi McBoo - the word 'deserve' is what I get caught up on. For me, I 'deserve' to feel good, to NOT eat things that make me feel bad, physically and mentally.
Hope you are well.
NOT2fat4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 09:56 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SDC2
Stats: 5' 7.5" 218/150/155 Maintenance
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: November 20, 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOT2fat4fun View Post
Hi McBoo - the word 'deserve' is what I get caught up on. For me, I 'deserve' to feel good, to NOT eat things that make me feel bad, physically and mentally.
Hope you are well.
Macauley,

You hit the nail on the head. We binge because in truth we feel unworthy and like we do not deserve to be thin, happy and healthy. I think we all need to believe in ourselves.

Susie
SDC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 08:45 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Justin1
Stats: 324.5/197/190
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: 4/15/09
It's a tough question to answer.

The bottom line is it is in all of our best interest to get over the idea of food being a reward for doing something good I think.

I'd rather reward myself with some new clothes, or a new tennis racket

edit: Let me add that by no means do I consider myself "cured", and everyone on this forum is in the same boat. We all suffer from things like dis regulated eating, or food addictions.

Medi is so great because while it is a quick road to losing weight, it is a crash course in how to live. Utilize the counselors and pick their brain...you are paying for it. So the problem lies in our relationship to food, why we over eat, why we choose foods that are 'satisfying' to eat but immediately after leave you feeling like a bloated whale. Why do we use food to 'enhance' our feeling of comfort?

These are the things I think we all have to face.

Nothing beats the feeling of wellness...

Someone said on here, either McBoo or Susie, that when you reach maintenance and you are on your own, you just adjust accordingly for how you eat. If you eat something higher on the glycemic index one day, you adjust and don't eat like that the next. HOW HARD IS THAT? WHY HAS IT TAKEN ME SO LONG? Makes me mad that it's so simple, yet I'm grateful that I am close to that point.

Last edited by Justin1; 08-20-2009 at 08:56 AM..
Justin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 08:49 AM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: dasiey
I like the new clothes thing to. I just got some new levis size 10 and I deserve them. and I want to keep whereing them so I will watch what I put in my mouth. So that the next time I feel I deserve new clothes they will be even smaller.
dasiey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 09:32 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MrsP
Stats: 282/175/160
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: March 21, 2009
I see this issue from both sides really. Every other diet I tried (and failed at) prior to medi I was always sabatoging myself with "I deserve it since I've done so well" or "It's not fair...so-n-so eats whatever they want and doesn't gain an ounce. I should be able to too!" And I'll tell you I got pretty creative and convincing with my internal arguments. So I know where people are coming from when they say this.

With medi though, I have learned so much about healthy eating and become much more self-aware. So now if I sense these emotions coming on I'm able to recognize them and I just have to be harsh with myself. So I tell myself that if I can't control this impulse/craving/urge then what I really deserve is to be fat and unhappy because I can't feign ignorance anymore and say I don't know how to lose the weight or eat in a way that will get me there. And really if you think about things in persepective I spent years indulging and rewarding myself with food for nothing. Why in the world do I deserve a reward for doing what I should have been doing all along. Bottom line for me is praise/acknowledgement/encouragement- those I think I deserve. A reward for finally fixing my own mistake- not so much.

Sorry for the novel- Just my two cents.

~I ended my love affiar with food so that I could start loving myself.~
MrsP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 01:06 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MrsP
Stats: 282/175/160
Start Date: March 21, 2009
Just had another thought...

I was just thinking about something else going on in my life and it makes for a good comparison/perspective. I have a 1 year old so we are knee-deep in the whole introduction of disciplne arena. What occured to me is that the opposite of reward is punishment so when someone thinks "I deserve a 'cheat' as a reward" what they are actually doing is viewing this WOE as a punishment. And if that is the case then its no wonder thats its a struggle to maintain control. In reality- being heavy was the punishment and losing the weight or being thin is the reward.

I personally feel that the mental/emotional component to this program is the hardest and most critical part (much like Justin said above). And I think it was Jo who once compared our journey to that of a drug addict, which is so true- and I'm pretty sure no-one would think its a good idea for a drug addict after 3 or 6 months of sobriety to say "well it's OK I'll just take one hit- I deserve it for doing so good" It's really all about the perspective one needs to keep in order to be successful with any change in lifestyle and unfortunately gaining that perspective and that self-awareness is something everyone has to do for themselves.

Ok- that's it. I promise if I have any more realizations due to my convoluted thought processes on this subject I'll keep it to myself.
MrsP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 02:27 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tracy_d
Stats: 5'7'' 191.5/150.5/150 now on maintenance
Start Date: June 8, 2009
Heidi-
I like your way of thinking. You don't have to worry about speaking the truth!!
tracy_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 02:48 PM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Angela - You have chose a great plan.

Macauley - I lived in LA for 17 years and graduated college from Cal State. My husband was raised there.

2009ismyear - The way I make the oopsie rolls, each one is only about 25 calories and 3g carbs. I usually have 2-4 per day. While I am on maintenance I don't see any reason why they would prevent me from losing.

Kristin - Did you soak the noodles in ice water with a splash of vinegar? Maybe you did not use enough vinegar. I use red wine vinegar.

I have been on maintenance for only 2 months. What my clinic encouraged me to do was to increase my calories to 1500-1800 with lean protein, vegetables and fruits and to keep my carbs below 75g. Make starchy foods an occassional indulgence, like potatoes, breads, black beans, pasta... I journal and weigh every day (I know some don't recommend this, but for me it works). If I see my weight go up one day I cut back my calories and carbs the next day. My weight has stayed fairly steady.

Jane - Congrats on the weight loss!

Tracy - Journal everything you are eating and show it to your clinic doctor. They may see something that is triggering your sweet tooth, or maybe they need to increase your AS.

Thanks to all you loyal posters!

Susie
Old 08-21-2009, 02:18 PM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
I thought we all could benefit by reading some helpful tips from the Mayo Clinic about weight loss success. These are tried and true, I think.

Weight loss: 6 strategies for success
Make your weight-loss goals a reality. Follow these proven strategies.

By Mayo Clinic staff

The foundation of every successful weight-loss program still remains a healthy, low-calorie diet combined with exercise. You must make permanent changes in your lifestyle and health habits to lose significant weight and keep it off.

How do you make those permanent changes? Follow these six strategies.

1. Make a commitment
Permanent weight loss takes time and effort. It requires focus and a lifelong commitment. Make sure that you're ready to make permanent changes and that you do so for the right reasons.

No one else can make you lose weight. In fact, external pressure — often from people closest to you — may make matters worse. You must undertake diet and exercise changes to please yourself.

As you're planning new weight-related lifestyle changes, try to resolve any other problems in your life. It takes a lot of mental and physical energy to change your habits. So make sure you aren't distracted by other major life issues, such as marital or financial problems. Timing is key to success. Ask yourself if you're ready to take on the challenges of serious weight loss.

2. Get emotional support
Only you can help yourself lose weight by taking responsibility for your own behavior. But that doesn't mean that you have to do everything alone. Seek support when needed from your partner, family and friends.

Pick people who you know want only the best for you and who will encourage you. Ideally, find people who will listen to your concerns and feelings, spend time exercising with you, and share the priority you've placed on developing a healthier lifestyle.

3. Set a realistic goal
When you're considering what to expect from your new eating and exercise plan, be realistic. Healthy weight loss occurs slowly and steadily. Aim to lose 1 to 2 pounds (0.5 to 1 kilogram) a week. To do this, you need to burn 500 to 1,000 calories more than you consume each day, through a low-calorie diet and regular exercise.

Make your goals "process goals," such as exercising regularly, rather than "outcome goals," such as losing 50 pounds (23 kilograms). Changing your process — your habits — is the key to weight loss. Make sure that your process goals are realistic, specific and measurable, for example, you'll walk for 30 minutes a day, five days a week.

4. Enjoy healthier foods
Adopting a new eating style that promotes weight loss must include lowering your total calorie intake. But decreasing calories need not mean giving up taste, satisfaction or even ease of meal preparation. One way you can lower your calorie intake is by eating more plant-based foods — fruits, vegetables and whole grains. Strive for variety to help you achieve your goals without giving up taste or nutrition.

5. Get active, stay active
Dieting alone can help you lose weight. Cutting 500 calories from your daily diet can help you lose about a pound a week: 3,500 calories equals 1 pound (0.5 kilogram) of fat. But add a 45- to 60-minute brisk walk four days a week, and you can double your rate of weight loss.

The goal of exercise for weight loss is to burn more calories, although exercise offers many other benefits as well. How many calories you burn depends on the frequency, duration and intensity of your activities. One of the best ways to lose body fat is through steady aerobic exercise — such as walking — for more than 30 minutes most days of the week.

Even though regularly scheduled aerobic exercise is best for losing fat, any extra movement helps burn calories. Lifestyle activities may be easier to fit into your day. Think about ways you can increase your physical activity throughout the day. For example, make several trips up and down stairs instead of using the elevator, or park at the far end of the lot.

6. Change your lifestyle
It's not enough to eat healthy foods and exercise for only a few weeks or even several months. You have to include these behaviors in your lifestyle. To do that, you have to change the behaviors that helped make you overweight in the first place. Lifestyle changes start with taking an honest look at your eating habits and daily routine.

After assessing your personal challenges to weight loss, try working out a strategy to gradually change habits and attitudes that have sabotaged your past efforts. Simply admitting your own challenges won't get you past them entirely. But it helps in planning how you'll deal with them and whether you're going to succeed in losing weight once and for all.

You likely will have an occasional setback. But instead of giving up entirely, simply start fresh the next day. Remember that you're planning to change your life. It won't happen all at once, but stick to your healthy lifestyle and the results will be worth it.
Desert-Rose7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 03:10 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDC2 View Post

Tracy - Journal everything you are eating and show it to your clinic doctor. They may see something that is triggering your sweet tooth, or maybe they need to increase your AS.

Thanks to all you loyal posters!

Susie

Susie-
I believe the cravings came from me have too much artificial sweetener. It was acting like real sugar. I have cut way back and have since lost the cravings for the most part. I even sat around a bunch of people at a staff picnic and watched them all eat candy bars without even a care!! I was happy with my apple!
Old 08-25-2009, 05:00 AM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: crobyninc
Stats: 335/243/180
WOE: Low carb and watching calories
Start Date: March 9 2009
Tracy

I do think artificial sweetners are a problem with creating cravings and I think they can slow weight loss as well. For myself, I have 1 can of diet coke a day and 1 Crystal Light Hydration a day and that is it for artificial sweetners. I do use 2 packets of Stevia a day for coffee and my ACV mixture but stevia is different from like splenda or sweet and low.

You are doing great, so I know you will get this figured out. Good job on the picnic! It is rewarding when you over come tough situations like that!

Robyn
Old 08-25-2009, 02:21 PM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crobyninc View Post
Tracy

I do think artificial sweetners are a problem with creating cravings and I think they can slow weight loss as well. For myself, I have 1 can of diet coke a day and 1 Crystal Light Hydration a day and that is it for artificial sweetners. I do use 2 packets of Stevia a day for coffee and my ACV mixture but stevia is different from like splenda or sweet and low.

You are doing great, so I know you will get this figured out. Good job on the picnic! It is rewarding when you over come tough situations like that!

Robyn
Agreed. I use the stevia for my coffee and my medi shake for a total of 3 packets. I had been having a K2O protein flavor packet with one of my waters because I can't do crystal light - no aspartame for me... The k2o has splenda I think. I was also having an atkins bar here and there- they have malitol. Then I decided that if I am craving "fake" sweets, that's just as bad as the real sweets, so I just decided to get control over it again. But like so many people have said on this board..."this is too expense to screw it up" not only that, but I like the way I am looking now and, to me, that's more important than some stupid sweet snack that will only last a few minutes!!
Old 08-26-2009, 06:45 AM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Justin1
Stats: 324.5/197/190
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: 4/15/09
I have found Powerade Zero to be the best of the hydration options, for me.
Justin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 12:11 PM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: crobyninc
Stats: 335/243/180
WOE: Low carb and watching calories
Start Date: March 9 2009
I haven't gone off plan but I dreamed last night that I ate chocolate cake! It was weird and woke up really angry at myself, as if I had eaten the cake. Lets hope that dream doesn't become a reality!
crobyninc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 02:00 PM   #16
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: bigmomof2
Stats: 223/184/150
Start Date: July 29 2009
Fell off the wagon

Well, unfortunately, I had to come on this thread to confess----I fell off the wagon this week.....twice! Another teacher left a so-called "treat" of chocolates on my desk yesterday. It was during my planning time & I was busily working away and before I knew it I had eaten a handful of the chocolates. Uggh......I was so mad with myself......THEN today someone left a chocolate bar in my box. I was going to give it to a student at the end of the day as a prize, so I left it on my desk----BUT once again---during my planning time, I ended up scarfing down the WHOLE bar!!!! I'm sure I will be out of ketosis in the a.m. & will have to resume the Week 1 schedule. It is my T.O.M., so I guess I have a total weakness for chocolate. I am going to have to start coming to school prepared for these so-called "treats" teachers so frequently receive. I'm very upset with myself for giving in & getting off the plan. Hopefully my mistakes won't set me back TOO far next week at my weigh-in. Lesson learned for sure. Although the chocolate tasted wonderful, I've been so mad with myself ever since.
bigmomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 07:57 PM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mommy-2-girls
Stats: 5'9" 299.2/249.2/180
WOE: Medi Weight Loss/Wii Fit/Yoga
Start Date: Restart after pregnancy bedrest: January 5, 2011
momof2- I sometimes crave chocolate at that time each month too. Have you tried these Buy South Beach Living Dark Chocolate Soynuts Snack Pack Online at drugstore.com ? If it's something you're tempted to fall into, maybe keep ONE pack (not a whole box) in your desk at school so that you can choose a better alternative but still have chocolate. These are not an "everyday" snack but they are very satisfying if those hormones are getting the best of you!
Mommy-2-girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 03:02 AM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crobyninc View Post
I haven't gone off plan but I dreamed last night that I ate chocolate cake! It was weird and woke up really angry at myself, as if I had eaten the cake. Lets hope that dream doesn't become a reality!

I've done that too!! It's funny, I woke up freaked out that it was true and had to convince myself it was only a dream. I was mad too.

It's our subconscience mind trying to tease us!
Old 08-28-2009, 03:06 AM   #19
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmomof2 View Post
Well, unfortunately, I had to come on this thread to confess----I fell off the wagon this week.....twice! Another teacher left a so-called "treat" of chocolates on my desk yesterday. It was during my planning time & I was busily working away and before I knew it I had eaten a handful of the chocolates. Uggh......I was so mad with myself......THEN today someone left a chocolate bar in my box. I was going to give it to a student at the end of the day as a prize, so I left it on my desk----BUT once again---during my planning time, I ended up scarfing down the WHOLE bar!!!! I'm sure I will be out of ketosis in the a.m. & will have to resume the Week 1 schedule. It is my T.O.M., so I guess I have a total weakness for chocolate. I am going to have to start coming to school prepared for these so-called "treats" teachers so frequently receive. I'm very upset with myself for giving in & getting off the plan. Hopefully my mistakes won't set me back TOO far next week at my weigh-in. Lesson learned for sure. Although the chocolate tasted wonderful, I've been so mad with myself ever since.
You can do this!! I'm a teacher too. Don't try to convince yourself that you will give it to someone else "later". If someone leaves something like that in my box, I just give it to someone else immediately- stick it in someone else's box, or I've even thrown it away (who wants to retrieve it from the garbage?

Anyway, I know I sometimes crave chocolate at the TOM too, so maybe if you get some Atkins bars with chocolate on them for emergencies that will help. I also take magnesium to help curb those chocolate cravings. My neurologist told me that when he told me to take it to help with migraines. He said it makes you not want chocolate too!!
Old 08-28-2009, 09:18 AM   #20
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: TriMom
Stats: 280.4/198.5/180
Start Date: July 21st, 2009
You ate the chocolate because you were not prepared. That is ok. Lesson learned! You can't beat yourself up because that starts a horrible cycle, right? We've all been there.

maybe you need to write yourself a letter as to why are you on this program and why you joined. I would keep that letter in my desk. Maybe you can create a box of goodies that you and the other teachers do not want. I am sure you are not the only one watching your intake.

Also, you are changing your life. Hershey's is not worth it! I am new at this, but I have had 36 LARGE Hershey's Bars and 50+granola bars on my desk for 2 weeks. I was designated to hand these out when an employee completes the survey. Never once did it occur to me that "THIS" kind of chocolate would taste good. Heck, If I am going to have chocolate at this point, it will have to be from some tropical island that very few people get to taste! It has to be special. Chocolate is not special. I just got over my TOM so I know what it feels like. Prepare, prepare, prepare or I will fail.

Be good to you!

"Ultimately we know deeply that the other side of every fear is a freedom."
- Marilyn Ferguson
TriMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 03:13 AM   #21
Senior LCF Member

Yesterday I was wanting chocolate, or just something to snack on really. Probably stress related. I bought a box of atkins bars that are 160 calories each. However, I decided that the calories weren't worth wasting since I had steak for dinner which is more calories than chicken. Instead I had a cup of decaf coffee with walden farms chocolate syrup in it. It satisfied my craving and didn't cost me any calories!!
Old 08-29-2009, 10:19 AM   #22
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: hudiman
Stats: 5'2" /155/ now at goal 125
WOE: Medi Weightloss Clinc
Start Date: April 23, 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracy_d View Post
Yesterday I was wanting chocolate, or just something to snack on really. Probably stress related. I bought a box of atkins bars that are 160 calories each. However, I decided that the calories weren't worth wasting since I had steak for dinner which is more calories than chicken. Instead I had a cup of decaf coffee with walden farms chocolate syrup in it. It satisfied my craving and didn't cost me any calories!!
Those of you with a sweet tooth, have you tried the cocoa roasted almonds? They taste like almond chocolate kisses and the little 100 calorie bags that come in a box are a great snack.
Also, the atkins and south beach bars are good but if you go to walmart in the pharmacy section, there are south beach snack size bars, they are smaller and have less calories (100) and less carbs then the regular sized ones. You can also do the fat free/sugar free puddings with almond breeze. You just need to try different things to find what works best for you. Good luck!
hudiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 08:09 PM   #23
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: bigmomof2
Stats: 223/184/150
Start Date: July 29 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by hudiman View Post
Those of you with a sweet tooth, have you tried the cocoa roasted almonds? They taste like almond chocolate kisses and the little 100 calorie bags that come in a box are a great snack.
Also, the atkins and south beach bars are good but if you go to walmart in the pharmacy section, there are south beach snack size bars, they are smaller and have less calories (100) and less carbs then the regular sized ones. You can also do the fat free/sugar free puddings with almond breeze. You just need to try different things to find what works best for you. Good luck!
Thanks---I definitely need to get some to put in my desk at school for my "weak" moments.
bigmomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 05:20 PM   #24
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: grettagirl
Stats: 193/121.6/130
WOE: mediweightloss
Start Date: 1/30/09
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasiey View Post
I like the new clothes thing to. I just got some new levis size 10 and I deserve them. and I want to keep whereing them so I will watch what I put in my mouth. So that the next time I feel I deserve new clothes they will be even smaller.
Are your dogs Dachshunds? They are so cute! I have three Doxies, Jack, Jill and Jesse, love them more than chocolate!
grettagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 08:33 AM   #25
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sunshyn141
Stats: 213.2/171.51/150
WOE: Medi Weight-Loss
Start Date: July 28, 2009
Sue - Thanks for the info about maitenance phase. I never thought to look for your response on this thread, so I just found it! 1500 - 1800 calories seems like SO much!! I can't imagine eating that much again! Did you have trouble with the transition?

Heidi, you brought up a reference Jo had made to this life change being like that of a drug addicts. I couldn't agree more.

Its funny...I am not a big drinker. I only ever drink socially, never when I'm just lazing around my house. A few weeks ago I went to a party and felt like a recovering alcoholic trying to stay away from the liquor and the party food! It was aweful!! But what a great feeling the next morning when I woke up and knew that I had the will power to not cross that line once. Now THAT was a reward!

For me, "cheating" is just not worth it. I've gotten myself in a mindset that actually having the things I used to eat is cheating, because for me, the ultimate reward is a healthier, happier lifestyle where I can play and run with my kids without being worried about what I look like or who's laughing at me. (Yes, I have some self-esteem issues to overcome, too.)

Eating off the plan is cheating myself of my ultimate goal. And every day I'm on the plan, those old habits go further and further from my memory.

THAT SAID, a peice of advice: Last night I was cooking pasta as a side dish for my kids while talking on the phone, and didn't realized until it was too late that I had eaten a piece of the pasta to test it for doneness, completely out of habit, without even thinking about it. Lesson learned! Pay better attention while talking on the phone and cooking! Its dangerous!

Loss Since Starting Medi: 41.70 lbs in 14 weeks

Loss Since Changing My Life and My Relationship With Food (7/22/09): 50.5lbs in 15 weeks
Sunshyn141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 09:23 AM   #26
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshyn141 View Post
Sue - Thanks for the info about maitenance phase. I never thought to look for your response on this thread, so I just found it! 1500 - 1800 calories seems like SO much!! I can't imagine eating that much again! Did you have trouble with the transition?
Sorry about that. I did mean to post the response in the main thread, but goofed somehow. The transition wasn't hard because I immediately went on vacation in Italy and had no trouble eating more. Since getting back, my calories vary day to day. If my weight goes up I cut them back. In general I try to eat 1500-1600 calories per day. I am still journaling so that I know what foods get me into trouble.
Old 09-02-2009, 05:49 AM   #27
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: twinsplusone
Stats: 170/138/132
Start Date: 7/1/2009
Quote:
Where do you find the cocoa roasted almonds? Thanks!

Congrats on goal!!! How is maintanance? How many calories are you eating? I am short too and fear my calories will have to stay really low to be able to maintain (when I get there, of course!)

Thanks,
Grace
twinsplusone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 06:15 AM   #28
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: hudiman
Stats: 5'2" /155/ now at goal 125
WOE: Medi Weightloss Clinc
Start Date: April 23, 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinsplusone View Post
Where do you find the cocoa roasted almonds? Thanks!

Congrats on goal!!! How is maintanance? How many calories are you eating? I am short too and fear my calories will have to stay really low to be able to maintain (when I get there, of course!)

Thanks,
Grace
Thanks, maintenance has been pretty good, I eat around 1200 calories a day which is a lot. I try to make better/smarter food selections. I actually choose foods mostly from our original list and splurge once in a while on items not listed. But I still, and and plan to for a long time, use the Daily Plate and log everything I put in my mouth. I have bounced up 1-2 lbs then I am careful and go back down. I haven't been for my first weigh in since on maintenance so Sept. 9th should be interesting. But I think I am doing ok.

Most grocery stores carry the cocoa roasted almond 100 calorie packs, they are in the nut section. Also, Target and Walmart carry them. Another treat is the cinnamon brown sugar almonds that come in a container (Blue Diamond). Those you have to make sure you count out the number of almonds.
hudiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 03:17 AM   #29
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Thanks, maintenance has been pretty good, I eat around 1200 calories a day which is a lot. I try to make better/smarter food selections. I actually choose foods mostly from our original list and splurge once in a while on items not listed. But I still, and and plan to for a long time, use the Daily Plate and log everything I put in my mouth. I have bounced up 1-2 lbs then I am careful and go back down. I haven't been for my first weigh in since on maintenance so Sept. 9th should be interesting. But I think I am doing ok.

Most grocery stores carry the cocoa roasted almond 100 calorie packs, they are in the nut section. Also, Target and Walmart carry them. Another treat is the cinnamon brown sugar almonds that come in a container (Blue Diamond). Those you have to make sure you count out the number of almonds.
I love those cinnamon almonds!! You definitely have to count them and then put the rest away because it is sooo easy to eat too many. They remind me of the candied nuts you can buy at the carts in theme parks.
Old 09-04-2009, 07:26 AM   #30
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: luvlonghorns
Stats: 5'6"/162/127.5/128-Maintenance since 10/8/09
WOE: MEDI-Weightloss
Start Date: July 9, 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracy_d View Post
I love those cinnamon almonds!! You definitely have to count them and then put the rest away because it is sooo easy to eat too many. They remind me of the candied nuts you can buy at the carts in theme parks.
Question: I have been looking, but have not found these cinnamon sugar almonds. But, before I expend any more effort searching, are they sugar-free?
-Jane
luvlonghorns is offline   Reply With Quote