Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2009, 08:22 AM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: hudiman
Stats: 5'2" /155/ now at goal 125
WOE: Medi Weightloss Clinc
Start Date: April 23, 2009
Not sugar free, but brown sugar and the label says 3g sugar. I found them at most grocery stores.
hudiman is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-2009, 03:41 PM   #32
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: McBoo
Stats: 216/140/140 Now on Maintainance
WOE: Medi Weightloss Clinics
Start Date: June 17, 2008
Bump

McBoo
McBoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 09:01 AM   #33
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
Time for another bump!

Jo
Desert-Rose7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 07:53 AM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NIKKI21
Stats: 181.4/134.8 Now on Maintenance :0)
WOE: MEDI WEIGHTLOSS CLINICS
Start Date: 12/04/08
Quote:
Originally Posted by crobyninc View Post
I haven't gone off plan but I dreamed last night that I ate chocolate cake! It was weird and woke up really angry at myself, as if I had eaten the cake. Lets hope that dream doesn't become a reality!
Me too!
During the first month I think; I dreamt I was eating a bag of potato chips while driving my car! 2 no-no's in one dream ack.

I told the girls at my clinic and they said at least I didn't actually sleep-eat; they have had a client who actually got up in the middle of the night and ate a whole can of almonds! At least it was almonds right?
NIKKI21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 11:38 AM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

*.*Tips to help with emotional eating from the Mayo Clinic*.*

Weight-loss help: How to stop emotional eating

Find out how emotional eating can sabotage your weight-loss efforts and learn how you can regain control of your eating habits.

By Mayo Clinic staff

Sometimes the strongest longings for food happen when you're at your weakest point emotionally. Many people turn to food for comfort — consciously or unconsciously — when they're facing a difficult problem or looking to keep themselves occupied.

But emotional eating — eating as a way to suppress or soothe negative emotions, such as stress, anger, anxiety, boredom, sadness and loneliness — can sabotage your weight-loss efforts. Often, emotional eating leads to eating too much food, especially high-calorie, sweet, salty and fatty foods.

The good news is that if you're prone to emotional eating, you can take steps to regain control of your eating habits and get back on track with your weight-loss goals.

The connection between mood and food
Major life events — such as unemployment, health problems and divorce — and daily life hassles — such as a stressful work commute, bad weather and changes in your normal routine — can trigger emotions that lead to overeating. But why do negative emotions lead to overeating?

Some foods may have seemingly addictive qualities. For example, when you eat enticing foods, such as chocolate, your body releases trace amounts of mood- and satisfaction-elevating hormones. That "reward" may reinforce a preference for foods that are most closely associated with specific feelings. Related to this is the simple fact that the pleasure of eating offsets negative emotions.

Food can also be a distraction. If you're worried about an upcoming event or rethinking an earlier conflict, eating comfort foods may distract you. But the distraction is only temporary. While you're eating, your thoughts focus on the pleasant taste of your comfort food. Unfortunately, when you're done overeating, your attention returns to your worries, and you may now bear the additional burden of guilt about overeating.

How to regain control of your eating habits

Though strong emotions can trigger cravings for food, you can take steps to control those cravings. To help stop emotional eating, try these suggestions:

Learn to recognize true hunger. Is your hunger physical or emotional? If you ate just a few hours ago and don't have a rumbling stomach, you're probably not really hungry. Give the craving a few minutes to pass.

Know your triggers. For the next several days, write down what you eat, how much you eat, when you eat, how you're feeling when you eat and how hungry you are. Over time, you may see patterns emerge that reveal negative eating patterns and triggers to avoid.

Look elsewhere for comfort. Instead of unwrapping a candy bar, take a walk, treat yourself to a movie, listen to music, read or call a friend. If you think that stress relating to a particular event is nudging you toward the refrigerator, try talking to someone about it to distract yourself. Plan enjoyable events for yourself.

Don't keep unhealthy foods around. Avoid having an abundance of high-calorie comfort foods in the house. If you feel hungry or blue, postpone the shopping trip for a few hours so that these feelings don't influence your decisions at the store.

Snack healthy. If you feel the urge to eat between meals, choose a low-fat, low-calorie food, such as fresh fruit, vegetables with fat-free dip or unbuttered popcorn. Or test low-fat, lower calorie versions of your favorite foods to see if they satisfy your craving.

Eat a balanced diet. If you're not getting enough calories to meet your energy needs, you may be more likely to give in to emotional eating. Try to eat at fairly regular times and don't skip breakfast. Include foods from the basic groups in your meals. Emphasize whole grains, vegetables and fruits, as well as low-fat dairy products and lean protein sources. When you fill up on the basics, you're more likely to feel fuller, longer.

Exercise regularly and get adequate rest. Your mood is more manageable and your body can more effectively fight stress when it's fit and well rested.

If you give in to emotional eating, forgive yourself and start fresh the next day. Try to learn from the experience, and make a plan for how you can prevent it in the future. Focus on the positive changes you're making in your eating habits and give yourself credit for making changes that ensure better health.
Old 11-12-2009, 08:35 AM   #36
Major LCF Poster!

*.*Weekend Survival Guide*.*

Weekend Survival Guide

Stay Healthy and Still Have Fun!
-- By Jen Mueller, Certified Personal Trainer

One reason weekends are so difficult is that you fall out of your regular daily routines. There are always potlucks, dinners, dates and family gatherings, where trouble is lurking in the form of buffet lines or rich desserts. Weekend menus can also be more difficult to plan - and without a plan, you're more likely to stray from the healthy habits you have been working so hard to develop.

The “Weekend Survival Guide” is designed to help you survive those dreaded weekends. Keep it with you - in your purse, in the car - wherever you go. The checklist and helpful tips can keep you focused and on track. If nothing else, remember this: when you start feeling the temptation to slip, ask yourself how you will feel about your decisions once Monday morning rolls around.

TIPS FOR TURNING AWAY TEMPTATION

Plan family activities like bike rides or outdoor games. This helps you spend time with your family and burn calories all at once!

Carry a water bottle with you to your weekend activities. This will help you get your water for the day and resist the temptation to reach for a soda or other caffeinated beverage.

Set some "weekend specific" goals for yourself based on the realities of what you’ll be doing. They may look very different than your weekday goals, and that’s okay.

If you are going to be out all day, pack some healthy snacks in case you get hungry. There is nothing worse than being hungry at the mall, and the only food options are ice cream or pizza.

Set Monday as your weigh-in day. You are more likely to resist temptation if you have to face the scale first thing Monday morning.

Plan ahead!! If you are going out to eat, find the restaurant's menu (and any available nutritional information) online. You’ll have plenty of time to make a healthy choice before you get there.

With a little extra effort and planning, you can turn weekends into an enjoyable experience and an opportunity to keep your program moving in the right direction!

(Courtesy of *********** article)

Jo
Old 12-09-2009, 09:24 AM   #37
Major LCF Poster!

Time for another bump up!

Jo
Old 12-24-2009, 07:09 AM   #38
Major LCF Poster!

*.*Five Crucial Holiday Party Strategies*.*

The holidays are HERE. Get through the next week without resorting to Scrooge-like, no-cookies, no-fun, "Bah! Humbug!" behavior. You can do it. We've got some tips to get you from now through New Year's...

Five Crucial Holiday Party Strategies

1. Write it down. Whether it's on a cocktail napkin or later in a notebook, the mere thought of scribbling "25 Hershey's Kisses and 11 bacon-wrapped shrimp" is enough to help us make better decisions.

2. Make exercising earlier in the day a priority. Then you'll have a little wiggle room to indulge in small amounts of your favorite holiday foods. Even if you don't usually exercise, think about it -- you don't usually eat chocolate Santas and frosted sugar cookies either.

3. Eat a light snack before you go. That way you won't feel quite so tied to the hors d'oeuvre table, and you'll be free to mingle without hunger pangs.

4. Take it all in with your eyes before you pounce. Look closely at what's being offered -- then pick out a couple of your favorite high-calorie options and have a small serving of each. Fill up on lighter stuff, like veggie sticks with salsa and shrimp cocktail.

5. Watch those drinks! Many holiday sips -- especially creamy, spiked ones -- can easily pack in 500 calories per glass! Better choices? A small glass of wine, a flute of champagne, or a mixed drink made with one shot of alcohol and a no-calorie mixer like seltzer or diet soda. And drink LOTS of water!

Tips courtesy of "Hungry Girl"

Jo
Old 12-25-2009, 10:13 PM   #39
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SDC2
Stats: 5' 7.5" 218/150/155 Maintenance
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: November 20, 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert-Rose7 View Post
The holidays are HERE. Get through the next week without resorting to Scrooge-like, no-cookies, no-fun, "Bah! Humbug!" behavior. You can do it. We've got some tips to get you from now through New Year's...

Five Crucial Holiday Party Strategies

1. Write it down. Whether it's on a cocktail napkin or later in a notebook, the mere thought of scribbling "25 Hershey's Kisses and 11 bacon-wrapped shrimp" is enough to help us make better decisions.

2. Make exercising earlier in the day a priority. Then you'll have a little wiggle room to indulge in small amounts of your favorite holiday foods. Even if you don't usually exercise, think about it -- you don't usually eat chocolate Santas and frosted sugar cookies either.

3. Eat a light snack before you go. That way you won't feel quite so tied to the hors d'oeuvre table, and you'll be free to mingle without hunger pangs.

4. Take it all in with your eyes before you pounce. Look closely at what's being offered -- then pick out a couple of your favorite high-calorie options and have a small serving of each. Fill up on lighter stuff, like veggie sticks with salsa and shrimp cocktail.

5. Watch those drinks! Many holiday sips -- especially creamy, spiked ones -- can easily pack in 500 calories per glass! Better choices? A small glass of wine, a flute of champagne, or a mixed drink made with one shot of alcohol and a no-calorie mixer like seltzer or diet soda. And drink LOTS of water!

Tips courtesy of "Hungry Girl"

Jo
Great info Jo! I especially like #3 and #5. I often eat a plate of miracle noodles before I go to an eating function and they really help to curb my appetite. And I try to drink as much water as possible. If I am at a party with wine I will drink my water in a wine glass. I do usually have a glass or two (on maintenance), but I space them out with glasses of water.
SDC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 09:57 AM   #40
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: N2LowCarb
Bump!
N2LowCarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 12:53 PM   #41
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: stownsend
Stats: 274/173/150
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: 9/30/10