Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2009, 04:19 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: christinalynne
Stats: 206.8/148/150
WOE: Medi
Start Date: August 9th
Please Help!!! So confused about week #2

I felt quite rushed at my appointment on Saturday (and I guess I didn't speak up then because I was so excited about losing 9.7 pounds in 6 days!!!) but I am SOOOOOO confused and am standing here over my dinner worried about whether I can eat it or not.

I know that I am supposed to have 500 cal of protein a day, and they moved me up to 700 total calories for the day. I have mastered the amounts of protein and counted the calories in the cheese I have had as well, but I don't know where the PB, salad dressing, veggies, fruit calories... etc go??? I have included them in the 700, but what about the veggies? Do they go in the 700 as well? I believe there is no such thing as "freebie's" but iceberg lettuce is listed as such on the paperwork I received from Medi. I had a wonderfully filling salad for lunch and now I am all panicked that I was wrong about it being a freebie. If I had 2 cups of lettuce does that mean no more veggies for the day? UGH. Sorry to bombard everyone. I am so thankful for this board!

PLEASE help me understand what counts for what. I know it all counts in the end, but I am really a "direction follower" and let me just say that I will lose sleep tonight if I find out I did/do something wrong.
christinalynne is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-16-2009, 08:10 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NOT2fat4fun
Stats: 190/178/145 again
Start Date: May 5, 2009
OK -the way I know it: 500 calories protein - 200 veggies/fruit - 20 total carbs - 700 total calories. It was in my intro packet - did you look that over again? PB isn't on my list but I know there is some low carb PB out there. I have been bringing food back in slowly - low carb or not. Just found out my body doesn't like cashews.. who knew?
I stuck to protein and veggies for the first couple of months just to stay in control.
Hope this helps.
NOT2fat4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 05:14 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: hudiman
Stats: 5'2" /155/ now at goal 125
WOE: Medi Weightloss Clinc
Start Date: April 23, 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOT2fat4fun View Post
OK -the way I know it: 500 calories protein - 200 veggies/fruit - 20 total carbs - 700 total calories. It was in my intro packet - did you look that over again? PB isn't on my list but I know there is some low carb PB out there. I have been bringing food back in slowly - low carb or not. Just found out my body doesn't like cashews.. who knew?
I stuck to protein and veggies for the first couple of months just to stay in control.
Hope this helps.
This is how I understood it also, and the program is truly trial and error. Everyone is different so doing your daily journal will help. You will find those things that trigger going out of ketosis. And just look for the low calorie, low carb dressings and add them into your journal and cal/carb count. We are supposed to have a small amount of good oil also. Walden Farm is a great source for dressings etc.
hudiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 07:35 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: TriMom
Stats: 280.4/198.5/180
Start Date: July 21st, 2009
WOW! Great loss in week 1!

At my clinic, I write down my protein cals (meat, eggs, cheese). I was allowed to put nuts and greek yogurt in this column as well. (at my next appt, I am going to ask if I can put PB and almond milk in that column). They have steadily been increasing my protein. It is really important to not get your protein cals mixed in with your "other" cals. I did that in week 2/3 and got myself confused. When I went back and did the calculations I was getting about 450 of protein and 150 of "other".

I don't have to write my "extras", but I do it to the right of that caolorie column. I write 2 cups lettuce- 50 cals, 1/2 apple 30 cals, olive oil cals, cool whip, etc.... I do this so that I can have a record to reflect on if my weight is stalled, etc.... Also, if I am out of ketosis the next morning, I can say "well, it might have been the apple", etc..... Every BODY is different.

What a great week 1! I am proud of you!

"Ultimately we know deeply that the other side of every fear is a freedom."
- Marilyn Ferguson
TriMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 08:13 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
Hello and to the group!

Bring your questions such as this one over to the main group thread for August and you will get a lot of response. Starting individual threads such as this one, it may well be overlooked. The main thread for the month and the recipe threads are where most people will go.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/me...ight-loss.html

Jo
Desert-Rose7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 03:47 PM   #6
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: christinalynne
Stats: 206.8/148/150
Start Date: August 9th
Thanks everyone. I will also move to the August thread.
christinalynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 02:45 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: eptexy
Stats: 5'4 165/132/125
WOE: Medi Weightloss - Maintenance!!!
Start Date: March 2010
Just had my first weigh in and I lost 9 lbs! Yay! 31 more to go!
eptexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 02:46 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: eptexy
Stats: 5'4 165/132/125
WOE: Medi Weightloss - Maintenance!!!
Start Date: March 2010
Oops - sorry about that! Wrong thread.
eptexy is offline   Reply With Quote