Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Medi Weightloss (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/medi-weightloss/)
-   -   Please Help!!! So confused about week #2 (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/medi-weightloss/632940-please-help-so-confused-about-week-2-a.html)

christinalynne 08-16-2009 04:19 PM

Please Help!!! So confused about week #2

I felt quite rushed at my appointment on Saturday (and I guess I didn't speak up then because I was so excited about losing 9.7 pounds in 6 days!!!) but I am SOOOOOO confused and am standing here over my dinner worried about whether I can eat it or not.

I know that I am supposed to have 500 cal of protein a day, and they moved me up to 700 total calories for the day. I have mastered the amounts of protein and counted the calories in the cheese I have had as well, but I don't know where the PB, salad dressing, veggies, fruit calories... etc go??? I have included them in the 700, but what about the veggies? Do they go in the 700 as well? I believe there is no such thing as "freebie's" but iceberg lettuce is listed as such on the paperwork I received from Medi. I had a wonderfully filling salad for lunch and now I am all panicked that I was wrong about it being a freebie. If I had 2 cups of lettuce does that mean no more veggies for the day? UGH. Sorry to bombard everyone. I am so thankful for this board!

PLEASE help me understand what counts for what. I know it all counts in the end, but I am really a "direction follower" and let me just say that I will lose sleep tonight if I find out I did/do something wrong.

NOT2fat4fun 08-16-2009 08:10 PM

OK -the way I know it: 500 calories protein - 200 veggies/fruit - 20 total carbs - 700 total calories. It was in my intro packet - did you look that over again? PB isn't on my list but I know there is some low carb PB out there. I have been bringing food back in slowly - low carb or not. Just found out my body doesn't like cashews.. who knew?
I stuck to protein and veggies for the first couple of months just to stay in control.
Hope this helps.

hudiman 08-17-2009 05:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NOT2fat4fun (Post 12358791)
OK -the way I know it: 500 calories protein - 200 veggies/fruit - 20 total carbs - 700 total calories. It was in my intro packet - did you look that over again? PB isn't on my list but I know there is some low carb PB out there. I have been bringing food back in slowly - low carb or not. Just found out my body doesn't like cashews.. who knew?
I stuck to protein and veggies for the first couple of months just to stay in control.
Hope this helps.

This is how I understood it also, and the program is truly trial and error. Everyone is different so doing your daily journal will help. You will find those things that trigger going out of ketosis. And just look for the low calorie, low carb dressings and add them into your journal and cal/carb count. We are supposed to have a small amount of good oil also. Walden Farm is a great source for dressings etc.

TriMom 08-17-2009 07:35 AM

WOW! Great loss in week 1!

At my clinic, I write down my protein cals (meat, eggs, cheese). I was allowed to put nuts and greek yogurt in this column as well. (at my next appt, I am going to ask if I can put PB and almond milk in that column). They have steadily been increasing my protein. It is really important to not get your protein cals mixed in with your "other" cals. I did that in week 2/3 and got myself confused. When I went back and did the calculations I was getting about 450 of protein and 150 of "other".

I don't have to write my "extras", but I do it to the right of that caolorie column. I write 2 cups lettuce- 50 cals, 1/2 apple 30 cals, olive oil cals, cool whip, etc.... I do this so that I can have a record to reflect on if my weight is stalled, etc.... Also, if I am out of ketosis the next morning, I can say "well, it might have been the apple", etc..... Every BODY is different.

What a great week 1! I am proud of you!

Desert-Rose7 08-17-2009 08:13 AM

Hello and :welcome: to the group!

Bring your questions such as this one over to the main group thread for August and you will get a lot of response. Starting individual threads such as this one, it may well be overlooked. The main thread for the month and the recipe threads are where most people will go.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/me...ight-loss.html

Jo

christinalynne 08-17-2009 03:47 PM

Thanks everyone. I will also move to the August thread.

eptexy 03-09-2010 02:45 PM

Just had my first weigh in and I lost 9 lbs! Yay! 31 more to go!

eptexy 03-09-2010 02:46 PM

Oops - sorry about that! Wrong thread.