Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Medi Weightloss (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/medi-weightloss/)
-   -   Has anyone used a tea to help with Constipation? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/medi-weightloss/624116-has-anyone-used-tea-help-constipation.html)

Brandi235 06-19-2009 09:07 AM

Has anyone used a tea to help with Constipation?

I heard some people use them and I was wondering which ones work.

crobyninc 06-19-2009 10:54 AM

I personally have not used them but have friends who swear by it. For me, I do the following:

2 tbsp Braggs Organic Vinegar with the "mother"
8 oz water
1 packet stevia

Gulp that down after my breakfast and meds and then followed by 16oz of water. Works pretty good, since I have started doing this I have not had any problems.

BTW, I do not take the Colon Cleanse because I am one of those that it does not help but causes constipation and I also take 1 colace in the morning.

Remember to drink the 1 gallon of water too everyday, this will help as well!

Lose35 06-24-2009 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brandi235 (Post 12125531)
I heard some people use them and I was wondering which ones work.

I've used an Herbal Laxative tea when I did a cleanse last year that really works well. But beware because they are strong. So try diluting it first. They cause contractions in your stomach to push everything out. (sorry to be so gross)

If you go to the tea section of your grocery store, you should be able to find some. Basically any tea that has senna leaf in it.

Good Luck!
Lose35

TriMom 08-05-2009 06:52 AM

I use "smooth move" organic tea. Fabulous. I have only needed it one time on the program though. I don't have constipation issues! We are eating such small volumes anyways.

crobyninc 08-05-2009 08:52 AM

I use 2 tbsp Organic Apple Cider Vinegar, 1/4 cup of water and a stevia packet each morning. Not great tasting but works very nicely. I also follow the lovely drink with a full glass of water to rinse the vinegar from my mouth as it is bad to your teeth!

arabrider 08-05-2009 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crobyninc (Post 12312132)
I use 2 tbsp Organic Apple Cider Vinegar, 1/4 cup of water and a stevia packet each morning. Not great tasting but works very nicely. I also follow the lovely drink with a full glass of water to rinse the vinegar from my mouth as it is bad to your teeth!

I have used a tea, called "smooth move" before, I can't remember who makes it but you just have to steep the bag for about 6-7 minutes. Works wonders!

Mare :) 01-29-2012 05:14 PM

Smooth move tea!!!! The best invention ever!!!!

DD80 01-30-2012 04:03 PM

I have used one before...senna based, I believe. Probably was Smooth Move. They work, but they takse awful. I chugged it. Blech.

Mare :) 02-02-2012 07:20 PM

I drink smooth move tea every night before bed. (it also counts as yet another water!!) I dont mind the taste at all thank God and I know that one hour after my feet hit the floor in the am I'm going ;). Very reliable Lol

operry1 02-04-2012 05:39 PM

I recommend dieters tea(peppermint flavor- taste just like peppermint tea), smooth move- I really don't care for the taste, and ballerina tea- not bad. I recently started taking magnesium supplements and it seems to help.