Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Medi Weightloss (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/medi-weightloss/)
-   -   Anyone in Massachusetts- beef jerky? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/medi-weightloss/621308-anyone-massachusetts-beef-jerky.html)

ChelmsfordMAgirl 06-02-2009 10:42 AM

Anyone in Massachusetts- beef jerky?

I am looking for meals in between meals. I have low sugar problems and need to eat more like 5x/day than 3. A friend survived off beef jerky, anyone know what brand is okay, and any other suggestions for snacks (but do not count as your 3 snacks/ week?):confused:

McBoo 06-02-2009 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChelmsfordMAgirl (Post 12049393)
I am looking for meals in between meals. I have low sugar problems and need to eat more like 5x/day than 3. A friend survived off beef jerky, anyone know what brand is okay, and any other suggestions for snacks (but do not count as your 3 snacks/ week?):confused:

Everything that goes into your mouth counts. There are no freebies.

McBoo

crobyninc 06-02-2009 11:34 AM

McBoo is right, you have to count everything, but you could break your meals down into 5 per day instead of 3. I shoot for 100 at breakfast and lunch and then 300 for dinner. Maybe use celery sticks as one of your snacks with some FF cream cheese like 1 tbsp and then a laughing Cow cheese wedge for your second snack since they are only 35 calories a wedge. That way you are not taking away too many calories from your main meals. Another option is the Chicken Broth listed in the Newbie section, very low calories and no carbs. A whole box is 20 calories I think.

Also I find that all protein, no carb options help me from getting hungry, which would help with your low sugar issues. As always keep drinking a lot of water that fills the belly as well.

Good luck

Desert-Rose7 06-02-2009 02:40 PM

Very well said, Robyn!

Jo

LLC 06-02-2009 02:49 PM

Welcome from another chelmsford girl!

Mommy-2-girls 06-02-2009 02:52 PM

If you like miracle noodles, those might help. They have no cals, right? You could try to find a way to prepare those that is very low in cals. Or try spreading your calories out across the day. I tend to do that so that I don't get too hungry.

HTH!

ChelmsfordMAgirl 06-02-2009 04:38 PM

Thank you. I will look into the celery/laughing cow cheese option, or protein like the cottage cheese minis. By the way, you are all an inspiration to me. My mom just had a heart stint put in last week at 59 years old, and it is scary to see the exterbal weight, but more important to understand that internally I need to shed the pounds even more. My first week I lost 6.6 lbs (I was told I would have lost more...but did not eat enough!) ironic huh!

Thank you again and have a great evening.

SDC2 06-02-2009 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mommy-2-girls (Post 12050577)
If you like miracle noodles, those might help. They have no cals, right? You could try to find a way to prepare those that is very low in cals. Or try spreading your calories out across the day. I tend to do that so that I don't get too hungry.

HTH!

I make the miracle noodles with butter spray and 2 tablespoons of parmesan cheese, which amounts to 40 calories.

Susie

Mare :) 01-29-2012 05:26 PM

Hey I go to chelmsford/ billricka Medi!! I'm at Hanscom AFB. Start week 4 on Tuesday!!!! Hope u guys are doing fabulous!!!!