Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2009, 04:44 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: hudiman
Stats: 5'2" /155/ now at goal 125
WOE: Medi Weightloss Clinc
Start Date: April 23, 2009
Daily Plate Website

I have seen the Daily Plate Website mentioned on the message board on several occassions, I finally looked it up. I think it is the next best thing to the Medi Weightloss Clinic program, well third thing, this message board is second, , it makes keeping track much easier. And if you are truthful with every thing you put in your mouth it shows us how many real calories or carbs we have put in our system. It can be a real eye opener. I was eating ok foods and losing but eating more calories/carbs then I probably should be. I'm using this as my tracker now and love it. I really think it it going to help, especially with the calculating. Everyone should check it out.
Oh, Calorie Counter, Diet Tracking, Food Journal, Nutrition Facts at The Daily Plate
hudiman is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-2009, 06:04 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mommy-2-girls
Stats: 5'9" 299.2/249.2/180
WOE: Medi Weight Loss/Wii Fit/Yoga
Start Date: Restart after pregnancy bedrest: January 5, 2011
hudiman- Thanks for sharing this site! I like it Much more my speed than the paper "checkbook" that the clinic gave me!
Mommy-2-girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 06:36 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: crobyninc
Stats: 335/243/180
WOE: Low carb and watching calories
Start Date: March 9 2009
And it doesn't cost 6.00 to get a new one!
crobyninc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 07:12 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

I just finished my journal that I got when I signed up. I didn't know you were charged for the next one, good to know. Weight loss is so hard and then trying to figure out the points, calories, carbs, etc. just makes me frustrated. I think that is why I failed at WW, too many choices and then having to figure everything out, too confusing. This daily plate takes out all the figuring especially if you use it before making meals or going out. So glad I looked it up.
Old 06-02-2009, 08:08 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

You got it Hudiman! You are going to have get success on this plan!
Old 06-02-2009, 03:03 PM   #6
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Bugnursebrenda
Stats: 179/147/135
WOE: Medi
Start Date: April 2009
I asked for a new journal and my clinic did not charge me, I would have said no thanks...I'll just chart on paper myself. I mean with the weekly charge you would think that would be included to keep compliance and accountability. I like the ease of having them figure out the numbers, thanks for sharing this website!
Bugnursebrenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 06:16 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hudiman View Post
I have seen the Daily Plate Website mentioned on the message board on several occassions, I finally looked it up. I think it is the next best thing to the Medi Weightloss Clinic program, well third thing, this message board is second, , it makes keeping track much easier. And if you are truthful with every thing you put in your mouth it shows us how many real calories or carbs we have put in our system. It can be a real eye opener. I was eating ok foods and losing but eating more calories/carbs then I probably should be. I'm using this as my tracker now and love it. I really think it it going to help, especially with the calculating. Everyone should check it out.
Oh, Calorie Counter, Diet Tracking, Food Journal, Nutrition Facts at The Daily Plate
This is for the new medi people. I'm bringing this up to the front again, I think this sight is why I had success, it made things so much easier. If you haven't already, check it out. Takes a lot of the guess work out of journaling. Good luck everyone.
Old 08-11-2009, 08:24 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: katew1129
Stats: 232/212/130
WOE: Medi-weight loss
Start Date: January 2013
I have been really struggling with my journal and really just forgetting about it! I know that is so important too! I signed up for this yesterday and WOW...it is a great site! I made it my "home page" on all my computers at work and home so I see it as a reminder all the time! Thanks for "bumping" this post! Everyone should check this site out!
katew1129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 08:20 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: TXGRLY09
Stats: 155/139/115 (5'2")
WOE: MWL
Start Date: Orig. 6/19/09 Restart 12/29/11
If you have an iphone this website has a $2.99 App so you can update your daily calories even if you are not sitting at the computer! I know I never go anywhere without my cell phone.
TXGRLY09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 07:27 PM   #10
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: McBoo
Stats: 216/140/140 Now on Maintainance
WOE: Medi Weightloss Clinics
Start Date: June 17, 2008
This is a great site. A wonderful tool to keep you on track

McBoo
McBoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 03:29 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: QueenCityDiva
Stats: 5'10" 266/245.4/165
Start Date: Originally 10/09 Restarted 1/10
Thanks for posting this site! I don't have an IPhone but I do have an IPod touch and you can get the app on that as well - just FYI!
QueenCityDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 06:15 AM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: babyboyst
Stats: 5'11" 238/165/180???
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: April 1st, 2009
I use it too and think its awesome - I hve some connection issues with the blackberry and find it limiting, but I love the full website, its amazing!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenCityDiva View Post
Thanks for posting this site! I don't have an IPhone but I do have an IPod touch and you can get the app on that as well - just FYI!
babyboyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 01:37 PM   #13
Senior LCF Member

I signed up there and I've been telling other people about it! It is SO EASY! Thanks again for the links!

And Danika, I didn't know I could use my BB.... I'll have to look into that!
Old 10-06-2009, 02:45 PM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: babyboyst
Stats: 5'11" 238/165/180???
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: April 1st, 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenCityDiva View Post
I signed up there and I've been telling other people about it! It is SO EASY! Thanks again for the links!

And Danika, I didn't know I could use my BB.... I'll have to look into that!
Its on Blackberry Appworld, if that helps!!
babyboyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 04:10 PM   #15
Senior LCF Member

It certainly does - I'll download it IMMEDIATELY!
Old 10-12-2009, 06:37 AM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: shanlock
Stats: 5'7" 257/219.4/200 is 2nd mini-goal
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: September 29, 2009
Hello all! I started using the Livestrong app on my iphone and I'm really liking it! I also have looked at the Daily Plate website and I was trying to find if there is a way to add a food that they don't have or add a recipe to be calculated. I couldn't find one, but I could just be missing it. For those of you who have been using this website for a while, do you know of a way? And if you do, could you please tell me how? Thank you!
shanlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 08:22 AM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Hey there! I'm ADDICTED to this website right now. I don't know how it works on your Iphone, but online if you search for something that it can't find, there is a small link that says "Can't find it in our database? Add your own!" or something like that! Good luck! I haven't dl'd it to my BB yet, but I plan on it!
Old 10-13-2009, 08:43 AM   #18
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: divine777
Stats: 206/193.6/155
Start Date: Oct 12, 2009
Just started Medi and now on day 2. So glad you shared this application. I have placed it on my iphone and I feel it will help me keep on track. So far, so good. I am so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is going to work for me!!!!
divine777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 09:59 AM   #19
Senior LCF Member

Tracking your food intake is so critical. Even for those of us on this for a long time. We all still need to track our daily intake every single day and every single bite!
Old 10-13-2009, 10:25 AM   #20
Senior LCF Member

Is anyone a "Gold" member on the site? Just wondered if it was worthwhile or what the main differences are...
Old 10-13-2009, 11:18 AM   #21
Senior LCF Member

I'm glad you asked because I've been wondering the same thing! I am in LOVE with this site, but I don't know what the benefits of the Gold membership are...
Old 10-17-2009, 04:48 PM   #22
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
Here are some other options for you all. They are FREE.
One-Click Wonder...

*********** is one awesome website, humans. There's so much to do, it's a little ridiculous (in a completely good way!). Join for free and get busy tracking exercise and calorie intake, chatting up experts and fellow members in the community section, browsing through and sharing recipes & tips, plus lots more. Members (and even those just dropping by) can view fitness videos and read up on the latest health news. Basically, this site does everything but scramble your eggs for you and drive you to the gym. Hooray!

Calorie-Counter Alert!

CalorieKing is BY FAR the most ginormous, accurate, and easy-to-use website for nutritional info we've seen. You can search the Food Database for free and find out how many calories, fat grams, carbs, etc., are in pretty much any food imaginable. Aside from restaurant nutritionals, data on supermarket items, and fast food breakdowns, the folks at CalKing also give overall averages on generic items (a tuna sandwich, for example). Plus, you can easily alter the serving size to match your actual intake, and the site'll calculate those numbers instantly. This site is a royal lifesaver and we drop in daily!

Feel the Burn...

Everything you do burns calories, from cycling in your spinning class to snoring (hopefully not in your spinning class)! But you may be burning more, or less, than you think. Fitness Partner will calculate calories burned at your specific weight for more than 200 activities. The best part is that you can view 'em all as one giant list and compare the activities. (Other sites make you enter and view the activities one at a time.) CalorieLab is another cool site for counting how many calories you burn. Choose from a list of diverse categories like occupation (masseuses burn more calories than traffic cops), indoor exercise machines, and self care (blow-drying your hair burns more than showering). Some of those are a little silly (we're NOT recommending you try styling your hair for 3 hours in place of a workout!), but it's interesting stuff for sure.

Here is the hungry girl website for more details.

Hungry Girl

Jo
Desert-Rose7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 07:51 PM   #23
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for posting those websites, Jo! I always am looking for new internet resources! I will be sure to check all of those out.
Old 10-18-2009, 04:25 PM   #24
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Medi-Annie
Stats: 219/137/140
WOE: Medi-Weight Loss
Start Date: 8/11/09
The Gold Membership throws in a few more items, and I'm still figuring out exactly what. It allows me to track my weight goals and keep a progress chart. For example, if I enter that I weigh x amount and I want to lose x amount, it calculates how much time it will take me to do that at 2 pounds per week.

Additionally, it offers a "custom nutrition label" which allows me to look at where my calories in a day are going. I can choose from a drop down menu of total calories, protein, carbs, fat, calcium, sodium, fiber, etc. Once I've made a selection, it pie graphs the totals for me. It's really the same information you're getting in your totals for the day, just more specific to each food you consumed.

The thing I like most is it offers a week at a glance view of my food and allows me to drag and drop items that I've consumed on any given day to another day.

Oh, and Gold members don't get all the advertisements.

I believe it was $45 for an annual subscription.
Old 10-18-2009, 06:04 PM   #25
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
That's a lot of $$$ for what *********** offers for free. So you have the adverts, so what? Ignore them. For free, I can take a lot of adverts. Spend the $$$ if you like, but I personally do just fine with my spiral notebook and a word document.

Jo
Desert-Rose7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 03:04 PM   #26
Senior LCF Member

I'm bumping this up again, the daily plate site is very very helpful for everyone that is journaling their food intake (which we all should be doing whether we are in acute or wellness stage). Good luck everyone and keep up the good work. This program works IF you stick with it and make healthy choices. It also works for those that have made it to the wellness phase. Someone was asking in an earlier thread who has been successful long-term, I have been in wellness since August and feel great. I bounce up and down 3-4 lbs. but have no problem getting back to my goal weight. Down 30 lbs since Aug. and going strong and way more healthy now. Keep it up everyone!
Old 02-27-2010, 12:55 PM   #27
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SCgirlinFL
Stats: 259.4/181.8/140
Start Date: January 7, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by hudiman View Post
I'm bumping this up again, the daily plate site is very very helpful for everyone that is journaling their food intake (which we all should be doing whether we are in acute or wellness stage). Good luck everyone and keep up the good work. This program works IF you stick with it and make healthy choices. It also works for those that have made it to the wellness phase. Someone was asking in an earlier thread who has been successful long-term, I have been in wellness since August and feel great. I bounce up and down 3-4 lbs. but have no problem getting back to my goal weight. Down 30 lbs since Aug. and going strong and way more healthy now. Keep it up everyone!
How do you get the calories for the day total to what Medi requires? It keeps kicking me out saying it is not enough and will not take it.

Thanks, SCgirl
SCgirlinFL is offline   Reply With Quote