Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Medi Weightloss (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/medi-weightloss/)
-   -   Anyone is Massachusetts? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/medi-weightloss/620022-anyone-massachusetts.html)

MEDIMIMI 05-25-2009 09:31 AM

Anyone is Massachusetts?

I have made the decision to join :)

I am trying to choose which center to go to, I live near 2 but do not know anyone who has gone to either of them. There is a 3rd that is about 20 minutes away that has been around a lot longer, not sure which to choose.

Any coupons? Any difference in price? Any deals or specials? ANy personal experience with a particular center?

KerryAnne78 05-25-2009 09:48 AM

Hi there! I just started yesterday and went to the clinic in Watertown. The staff there was pretty friendly and helpful. It was clean (something I look for) and I had a good experience. Don't know anything about the other two spots, just my two cents.

As far as price, my first visit was $268, I also opted to buy the food scale for $15. The tote bag comes with a water bottle, key chain, food journal, keto sticks, calcium vitamins, fat burner, and multi-vitamins. This also included the cost of the appetite suppressant and MIC injection, which I opted for. I am not sure if the overall price is less if you don't go with the appetite suppressant. You have the option of buying their colon cleanser (or just buy some benefiber) and omega 3 capsules.

After your initial visit, the cost is $70 (includes appetite suppressant and MIC shot), unless you opt for the additional B1/B6 shot which is an additional $10.

I did see a referral coupon that gives $25 off if you are referred. Also the referrer gets $25 off.

Hope this helps.

Desert-Rose7 05-25-2009 09:50 AM

Come on over the main thread for May. We have quite a few members from MA, and they can help you. You can also check out the clinics for yourself and determine which one is right for you, where you feel the most comfortable.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/me...aniacs-13.html

And :welcome:

Jo

PONY13 05-25-2009 06:24 PM

Hi: I go to the one in Salem, MA and am very happy with the center

MEDIMIMI 05-26-2009 08:05 AM

Salem is close to me! Glad to hear that you like it!! I was leaning towards Danvers though, cuz its closer. But I may just do Salem. I can't decide!

I was all set to join today, I woke up with a wicked cold! I imagine on the program Dyquil will be forbidden? I am wondering if I should rest today and prob go tomorrow to join up.

I am going to take some time today to go through the newbie info here and put together a shoping list! I plan to go to trader joes & the regular supermarket, so any tips or suggestions would be great for week 1!

Desert-Rose7 05-26-2009 09:22 AM

Here is a great thread for our newbies and week one!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/me...-week-1-a.html

Trader Joe's is a great place to shop for groceries on this program. I get the majority of my groceries there every week.

Jo

MEDIMIMI 05-26-2009 09:45 AM

What products are week one allowed from Trader Joes? :) I read that whole thread and made a grocery list, but I was a bit confused as the grocery list seems like a week 2 list.

KerryAnne78 05-26-2009 10:47 AM

I'm on my third day and I've eaten so far...

Day One
B: 2 Eggs
L: 3oz. Tuna w/Miracle Whip Free
D: 3oz. Extra Lean Turkey

Day Two
B: EAS Protein Shake
L: 3oz. Tuna w/Miracle Whip Free
D: 3oz. Grilled Shrimp

Day Three
B: EAS Protein Shake
L: 3oz. Extra Lean Turkey
D: 3oz. Hamburger

Can't remember what's on the menu for the rest of the week, but this will at least get you started. :)

hudiman 05-26-2009 02:57 PM

I go to the Salem office too. I think they are the newest office in MA. Very nice staff.

mathteacher 05-26-2009 03:58 PM

Make sure you are getting your calories in. It is hard some times, but it is a big deal.

MEDIMIMI 05-27-2009 07:37 AM

I have not started yet, I have a really bad cold, Im really pretty bummed out. I was all set to start but I realize it would be a bad idea to start while Im sick. I have to work all day Sat so I dont want to get stuck at work while Im still in carb withdrawel. If this cold isnt gone soon, I may have to wait until Sundau or Monday to join.

On the program, can you take any cold medicine? It just seems like a bad idea to join while still sick, so Im holding off a few days.

MEDIMIMI 05-27-2009 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MEDIMIMI (Post 12022634)
I have not started yet, I have a really bad cold, Im really pretty bummed out. I was all set to start but I realize it would be a bad idea to start while Im sick. I have to work all day Sat so I dont want to get stuck at work while Im still in carb withdrawel. If this cold isnt gone soon, I may have to wait until Sundau or Monday to join.

On the program, can you take any cold medicine? It just seems like a bad idea to join while still sick, so Im holding off a few days.

Update- I called around, and one clinic seemed better than the other so I made an appointment I start on MONDAY. :)

SDC2 05-28-2009 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MEDIMIMI (Post 12018639)
What products are week one allowed from Trader Joes? :) I read that whole thread and made a grocery list, but I was a bit confused as the grocery list seems like a week 2 list.

The grocery list is for after week 1, but the week 1 items are also on the list. Print the list out and highlight the items that are week 1 legal using the information given to you by your clinic.

Susie

MEDIMIMI 05-28-2009 08:53 PM

Thank you I will! Ive got my info all together, Im so excited to get started. im READY if you know what I mean.

Crohnie 05-28-2009 09:24 PM

Danvers is moving to Wakefield on June 1. The staff is the best there

hudiman 05-29-2009 06:58 AM

I go to the clinic in Salem but I'm sad to hear Danvers is moving to Wakefield. How come? Isn't there already a clinic in Wakefield?

PONY13 05-29-2009 08:52 PM

Do you actually live in Salem?

hudiman 05-30-2009 04:41 AM

No, I don't live in Salem, next door. How bout you?

PONY13 05-30-2009 04:51 PM

Yes in Salem.

Crohnie 06-05-2009 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hudiman (Post 12031627)
I go to the clinic in Salem but I'm sad to hear Danvers is moving to Wakefield. How come? Isn't there already a clinic in Wakefield?

no there is not one in wakefield...location in danvers was not good for them. The wakefield in right off of rt 95 on the lynnfield line. very easy to get to

Layna 06-14-2009 02:09 PM

In MA, will be joining Wakefield too

:hiya: Greetings. I am brand new to this BB. I will joining MWL at Wakefield next Sat. How are all the patients of the Wakefield office doing?

Layna

MEDIMIMI 06-14-2009 03:37 PM

I go to Salem , but just wanted to say hello & welcome!

Layna 06-14-2009 05:14 PM

Thanks Medimimi

I am sure we will see each other here on the BB. Have a great week. Layna.

JulesDouce 02-22-2010 01:36 PM

WAKEFIELDER HERE

Hi Everyone,

I also go to the Wakefield clinic (saturdays) and love it. This thread still active?

Julie

bhhdwh 02-26-2010 12:55 PM

which clinic did you choose. I currently go to Chelmsford and not that happy. I would like more support from the staff.

Lose20inBeantown 03-02-2010 01:55 PM

I am going tomorrow to the Watertown MEDI for my consult. I hope all goes well and I can sign up and get the AS. That will make me motivated.

Mom on a mission 03-02-2010 04:46 PM

bhhdwh- I go to Chelmsford as well. Not feeling very inspired by them either. Lots of turnover. Another girl is leaving this week :( I'm glad that I have my hubby and sis in law going with me, they give me all the motivation I need!

:welcome: Lose20inbeantown- Good luck in Watertown, let us know how it goes. This is a great plan if you're committed!!

Peace...

peppypatti 03-03-2010 01:17 AM

Don't go to Plainville - they aren't trained well - but Johnston RI is great! :)

Don't go to Plainville - they aren't trained well - but Johnston RI is great! :)

hudiman 03-03-2010 05:10 AM

I go to the Salem clinic and everyone there is very very friendly and will take as much time as you want/need to go over your program and journal. I'm on wellness and still go in for my B12 shot each week and they always ask if I need to talk to them or have any questions. They're great!

Mom on a mission 03-07-2010 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lose20inBeantown (Post 13203538)
I am going tomorrow to the Watertown MEDI for my consult. I hope all goes well and I can sign up and get the AS. That will make me motivated.

Did you end up getting to your consult? Wondering how it went?

Peace...