Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Medi Weightloss (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/medi-weightloss/)
-   -   Miracle Noodles (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/medi-weightloss/616755-miracle-noodles.html)

jim5109 05-04-2009 08:52 AM

Miracle Noodles

Are these allowed on Medi-weight loss? Have they affected weight loss progress?

SDC2 05-04-2009 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jim5109 (Post 11924127)
Are these allowed on Medi-weight loss? Have they affected weight loss progress?

My Medi clinic doesn't really know about them, so does not say one way or another. I have a subscription and eat them a couple times a week. I have lost 54 pounds since November 10th. They are especially nice on those days where you are just plain hungry. They help to fill you up.

Susie

Bugnursebrenda 05-23-2009 04:44 AM

Susie,
Hi, newbie here...I tried the Miracle Noodles once and could not believe the smell and could not get past the texture. Any suggestions on the texture part, I was able to rinse them well to get past the smell. I tried to heat them in the microwave for a minute, but they were still "rubbery" and all I could think of was octopus, LOL. Thanks!

Brenda

Desert-Rose7 05-23-2009 09:28 AM

Brenda~
It is pretty evenly divided here between the love and don't love with the miracle noodles.
Susie loves them and uses them comfortably in many different recipes. I am in the other camp and cannot get past the smell and the texture.

Jo

MediInDallas 10-24-2009 08:21 PM

Susie,

Have you tried the Miracle Noodle's Orzo and also the Black Angel?

Andy

SDC2 10-25-2009 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MediInDallas (Post 12654188)
Susie,

Have you tried the Miracle Noodle's Orzo and also the Black Angel?

Andy

Andy,

I have not because I have a subscription and you have to do the same ones for that. I should put a hold on my subscription (which they are very good about doing when you get backed up) and try some of the others. If you try them please let me know what you think.

Today I went out for lunch and ate a little more than I intended. I ordered correctly and ate correctly until our waiter accidently spilled a huge glass of water on us and felt just terrible. We kept telling him it was no big deal, it was only water. He surprised us with this incredible looking desert (I won't tell you the details, because it would only be painful). I only meant to taste it and let my husband eat the rest, but it was the best thing I've eaten in a year, and I've eaten well. Since I'm in maintenance it is no big deal, but I am going to have a miracle noodles dinner and drink lots of water.

Thank goodness for miracle noodles!

MediInDallas 10-27-2009 07:47 PM

Will do Susie.

Rochelle91214 10-28-2009 05:21 PM

What are Miracle Noodles and where do you find them??

SDC2 10-28-2009 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rochelle91214 (Post 12671048)
What are Miracle Noodles and where do you find them??

Check out http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/me...le-lovers.html. If you have anymore questions after reading this thread I will be happy to answer them.

JulesDouce 01-15-2010 02:03 PM

Shirataki Tofu Noodles

I can only find Shirataki Tofu Noodles at my grocer but I like them. Are they much different and more importantly are they ok on Medi Loss? Anyone else eating them?

Nutrition Facts: Serving Size 4 oz (2 per pkg)
Calories 20, Carbs 3

SDC2 01-15-2010 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulesDouce (Post 13001556)
I can only find Shirataki Tofu Noodles at my grocer but I like them. Are they much different and more importantly are they ok on Medi Loss? Anyone else eating them?

Nutrition Facts: Serving Size 4 oz (2 per pkg)
Calories 20, Carbs 3

They are fine and if you like them by all means stick with them. The other noodles have 0 calories and you have to order them online. They are called miracle noodles. Good luck to you.

Siggie 01-15-2010 07:40 PM

I get them at Whole Foods or at Fiesta. I also put them in the microwave on a paper towel and nuke them for about 2 to 3 minutes. This takes the excess water out of them and the texture seems to better.

nomorerolls 01-15-2010 09:12 PM

siggie....
you get tofu noodles or miracle noodles at whole foods???