Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2009, 06:17 PM   #91
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: TXGRLY09
Stats: 155/139/115 (5'2")
WOE: MWL
Start Date: Orig. 6/19/09 Restart 12/29/11
Has anyone made the brownie recipe? Is it 4 eggs then an additional 4 yolks? Can these brownies be frozen? Does it matter if I use white or brown Splenda? I'm going to try cutting the recipe in half in case I don't like them...or like them too much!

Last edited by TXGRLY09; 08-11-2009 at 06:20 PM..
TXGRLY09 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-15-2009, 09:19 AM   #92
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
~Texas~To the best of my knowledge, not a lot of people have tried them, and the ones who have said they are best eaten while warm, as they have not "aged" well. There is some question about the taste as well.

Jo
Desert-Rose7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 09:21 AM   #93
Major LCF Poster!

~Hello Everyone~
I know we are all thrilled with the recipe threads. I would just ask for one thing. When adding a new recipe, please take the time to add the nutritional data for that recipe. It makes menu planning much much easier.

Thanks much!

Jo
Old 08-25-2009, 11:15 AM   #94
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SDC2
Stats: 5' 7.5" 218/150/155 Maintenance
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: November 20, 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert-Rose7 View Post
Stuffed 'n Squashed Mushroom Foil Pack

This recipe comes from the Hungry Girl email!

PER SERVING (1 large stuffed mushroom): 92 calories, 2.75g fat, 447mg sodium, 11.5g carbs, 3.25g fiber, 4g sugars, 6.5g protein -- POINTS® value 1
(It is a little high on the sodium count, so you can work with that to suit)

This is one of our favorite new recipes -- partly because of how insanely HUMUNGOUS these mushrooms are. WE LOVE HUGE FOOD! There, we said it.

Ingredients:
2 large portabella mushrooms
1 summer squash (yellow or green), ends removed, finely diced
2 wedges The Laughing Cow Light Original Swiss cheese, room temperature
1/2 tbsp. reduced-fat Parmesan-style grated topping
1/2 tsp. minced garlic
1/2 tsp. dried minced onion
1/8 tsp. salt, or more to taste
Dash ground thyme, or more to taste
Olive oil nonstick spray

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

In a bowl, combine cheese wedges, garlic, onion, salt, and thyme. Mix until smooth. Set aside.

Remove mushroom stems and finely chop. Add chopped stems to the bowl, and set mushroom caps aside.

Add squash to the bowl and stir well, until veggies are coated in the cheese mixture. Lay a large piece of heavy-duty foil on a baking sheet. Lightly mist mushroom caps with olive oil nonstick spray, and place next to each other on the foil with the rounded sides down. Spoon veggie-cheese mixture into the mushroom caps -- there will be a lot, so pack it in! Sprinkle with Parm-style topping.

Place another large piece of foil over the caps. Fold together and seal all four edges of the two foil pieces, forming a well-sealed packet.

Place baking sheet in the oven and bake for 23 - 25 minutes, until mushrooms are soft and tender.

Allow packet to cool for a few minutes, and then cut to release steam before opening it entirely. (Careful -- steam will be hot.) If you like, season to taste with additional salt and thyme. Enjoy!

MAKES 2 SERVINGS

Hungry GRILL Instructions! Preheat grill to medium heat. Assemble foil pack according to above directions. Place on grill and cook for 10 - 13 minutes. Follow regular cooling instructions
Jo,

I tried this recipe last night and it was delicious. I got the stuff for the hungry girl cabbage foil recipe as well. I will add that recipe in the vegetable section.

Susie
SDC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 08:31 AM   #95
Major LCF Poster!

Glad you liked it, Susie! I tried it,loved it too and thought it would be a great addition to our file!

They really are ginormous mushrooms!

Jo
Old 08-29-2009, 05:27 AM   #96
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Restart79
Stats: 138/138/110
WOE: medi weight loss
Start Date: december 2008
Hi all I made the Crockpot BBQ (post #47) last night. I used lean pork chops and oh my goodness, the dish was delish!!!! I will definitely be using this recipe again. Thanks!
Restart79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 11:01 AM   #97
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: katew1129
Stats: 232/212/130
WOE: Medi-weight loss
Start Date: January 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Restart79 View Post
Hi all I made the Crockpot BBQ (post #47) last night. I used lean pork chops and oh my goodness, the dish was delish!!!! I will definitely be using this recipe again. Thanks!
That is good to hear because I am making it right now (but with Chicken)...it smells SO good! I am making oopsie rolls for the first time too today!
katew1129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 07:37 AM   #98
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: arabrider
Stats: 224/178/150
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: July 25th 2009
Susie,
I did your swordfish kabobs last night, YUM!! The gremolata(sp) was very good, I basted the kabobs as they were grilling, fantastic and very easy!
arabrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 04:03 PM   #99
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Sheri7760
Stats: 168/142/140
Start Date: 7/31/09
Need help with figuring calorie etc for recipes

I am very new to this board and need alittle help. Just begginning to explore recipes on Medi and I have a question. On the Medi trends for recipes I see some awesome meals that Susan has posted along with McBoo but most dont have any info for calories, carbs, protein etc.

Am I to assume that I take all my ingredients then figure the breakdown for all to give me the information I need?

Really appreciate any help or advise. Really trying hard and I want to be a "winnrer" with my weight loss without becoming board with the same foods that I can play it safe with for the info count!
Sheri7760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 04:54 PM   #100
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheri7760 View Post
I am very new to this board and need alittle help. Just begginning to explore recipes on Medi and I have a question. On the Medi trends for recipes I see some awesome meals that Susan has posted along with McBoo but most dont have any info for calories, carbs, protein etc.

Am I to assume that I take all my ingredients then figure the breakdown for all to give me the information I need?

Really appreciate any help or advise. Really trying hard and I want to be a "winnrer" with my weight loss without becoming board with the same foods that I can play it safe with for the info count!
Sheri,

Posting the recipes has been an evolving process. Many of the recipes that you see that were posted by me, if you look closer were recipes that I reposted from other posters when we reorganized the thread. I tried my best to acknowlege the original posters. When we started the recipe thread we did not know then what we know now and it has become a work in progress. Now we request that all recipes include their nutritional information.

For those that do not, you can go to LIVESTRONG.COM - Health, Fitness, Lifestyle | LIVESTRONG.COM and input all the ingredients as a recipe and it will give you the nutritional information. If you do this, please feel free to repost the recipe with the nutritional information. This is also a helpful thread for journaling.

Please know that we are all Medi clients such as yourself. Anything any of us can do to contribute to this website is entirely welcome.
Old 09-08-2009, 05:08 PM   #101
Junior LCF Member

Susie,

Thank you so very much, I am really appreciative of the reply. I know it has to have been a HUGH undertaking to do what you have done. I will take your words of "Medi Wisdom" and go from here. I will be sure to add any information that I find.

Again thank you for all of your efforts and I'm sure hours of time to make this website a awesome place to go to!

Sher

Susie~ One more question went onto the website Livestrong ( which I do the daily plate and is a excellent tool) but when I go on the site do a meal it looks at it as one serving, I dont see anywhere that I can put the number of servings. I really dont know how to do the ingredients as a whole and break it down to one serving. Thank you for any help on this one

Last edited by Sheri7760; 09-08-2009 at 06:01 PM.. Reason: question on Livestrong
Old 09-08-2009, 06:20 PM   #102
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Susie,

Thank you so very much, I am really appreciative of the reply. I know it has to have been a HUGH undertaking to do what you have done. I will take your words of "Medi Wisdom" and go from here. I will be sure to add any information that I find.

Again thank you for all of your efforts and I'm sure hours of time to make this website a awesome place to go to!

Sher

Susie~ One more question went onto the website Livestrong ( which I do the daily plate and is a excellent tool) but when I go on the site do a meal it looks at it as one serving, I dont see anywhere that I can put the number of servings. I really dont know how to do the ingredients as a whole and break it down to one serving. Thank you for any help on this one
Sher,

Thanks for your warm response and I would appreciate anything you have to contribute. Like I said before, this forum is a community effort and a work in progress. As for the daily plate question, I typically put the number of servings as part of my title, for instance I will call a recipe "Oopsie Rolls - 12 servings), then put the entire recipe in. The when I use it in my plate entry, I will use 1/12 or 0.083 serving.

Please feel free to continue to ask questions and post. Every posts helps someone else. We all are Medi clients and the fact that we have had a platform to come together and share our experiences is awesome!

Susie
Old 09-09-2009, 03:28 AM   #103
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tracy_d
Stats: 5'7'' 191.5/150.5/150 now on maintenance
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: June 8, 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshyn141 View Post
So, tried the crustless pizza tonight and am pretty convinced I did something wrong. It was SOOOOOOOOO good!!!!! There's NO WAY that stuff's legal!

I decided to try making it cause my husband had made regular pizza for our kids tonight and I walked into the door not knowing the serious temptation lying behind it. This recipe was a great substitute.
I loved it too and thought the same thing. for me though, I don't think there was enough protein to keep me satisfied. I had it for lunch and was wanting to snack from then until dinner. Maybe I'll try again.
tracy_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 05:37 AM   #104
Junior LCF Member

Looking for Almond Flour & Almond Breeze

I see alot of recipes with Almond Flour or Almond Breeze, can you tell me where I might be able to find them other then purchasing on the internet? Also what is your take on them as far as taste? Thanks trying to venture out of the comfort zone! Live in SWF
Old 09-12-2009, 09:39 AM   #105
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I see alot of recipes with Almond Flour or Almond Breeze, can you tell me where I might be able to find them other then purchasing on the internet? Also what is your take on them as far as taste? Thanks trying to venture out of the comfort zone! Live in SWF
I am not certain about SW Florida, but I find mine at Fry's (Kroger's) and Trader Joe's. You can also go to the website below and it looks like it will be helpful for you.
Blue Diamond Product Locator

Jo
Old 09-14-2009, 12:38 PM   #106
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sunshyn141
Stats: 213.2/171.51/150
WOE: Medi Weight-Loss
Start Date: July 28, 2009
Quote:
Hey Sheri!

McBoo clued me in to a store called Mother Earth on the corner of Summerline and Colonial in the Publix Shopping Center (Ft. Myers). They sell the Almond Flour there but I'll warn you its a little expensive.

The Almond Breeze can be found at most Publix in the diabetic/health food section...just be careful to make sure that you buy the unsweetend kind.

As for taste, I've only ever used the Almond Flour in my sesame chicken and it didn't affect the flavor at all. The Almond Breeze, I've been told, tastes like regular milk when your drinking it, with a slight aftertaste of the Almonds. (But nothing overpowering).

HTH!

Loss Since Starting Medi: 41.70 lbs in 14 weeks

Loss Since Changing My Life and My Relationship With Food (7/22/09): 50.5lbs in 15 weeks
Sunshyn141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 03:32 PM   #107
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshyn141 View Post
Hey Sheri!

McBoo clued me in to a store called Mother Earth on the corner of Summerline and Colonial in the Publix Shopping Center (Ft. Myers). They sell the Almond Flour there but I'll warn you its a little expensive.

The Almond Breeze can be found at most Publix in the diabetic/health food section...just be careful to make sure that you buy the unsweetend kind.

As for taste, I've only ever used the Almond Flour in my sesame chicken and it didn't affect the flavor at all. The Almond Breeze, I've been told, tastes like regular milk when your drinking it, with a slight aftertaste of the Almonds. (But nothing overpowering).

HTH!
Thanks!Went to Publix this week end and found the Almond Milk but it was not unsweetned so will check another publix. Also saw all of the Red Mill flours with the exception of the Almond Flour, so will continue the search for that unbelievable how many flours there are!!
Old 09-14-2009, 03:34 PM   #108
Junior LCF Member

Oopsie Roll

Going to make the oopsie rolls tonight and looking at Susie's recipe. It calls for a pinch of cream of tarter. Is a pinch 1/8 tsp approx?? Not quite sure how little to put in and really want to make them right!
Old 09-14-2009, 04:34 PM   #109
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Going to make the oopsie rolls tonight and looking at Susie's recipe. It calls for a pinch of cream of tarter. Is a pinch 1/8 tsp approx?? Not quite sure how little to put in and really want to make them right!
The original recipe, which called for a pinch, isn't mine. I've just tweaked it a bit. I looked on the internet for the teaspoon equivalence for a pinch and it said 1/8 tsp. That seems like a lot. I really just put in a pinch using my thumb and forefinger, or a sprinkle. It is just to help the egg whites get stiff.

FYI, If I am making the oopsie rolls for dessert or pancakes I add about 8 packets of sweetner to the yolk mix and 1 tsp vanilla extract. If I am making them as sandwich rolls I leave the sweetner and vanilla out.

Good luck and let us know how they turn out.
Old 09-15-2009, 05:42 AM   #110
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: bigmomof2
Stats: 223/184/150
WOE: Medi
Start Date: July 29 2009
Quote:
I see you are from Parrish---I live in East Bradenton---Do you go to the clinic on SR64? (Sorry for posting this on the wrong thread--oops!)

Last edited by bigmomof2; 09-15-2009 at 05:44 AM..
bigmomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 03:18 PM   #111
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: McBoo
Stats: 216/140/140 Now on Maintainance
WOE: Medi Weightloss Clinics
Start Date: June 17, 2008
Quote:
Thanks!Went to Publix this week end and found the Almond Milk but it was not unsweetned so will check another publix. Also saw all of the Red Mill flours with the exception of the Almond Flour, so will continue the search for that unbelievable how many flours there are!!

Sheri,

The Almond Breeze we are talking about is in the section where they keep the soy and rice milk that is not refridgerated and the organic stuff. Almond flour is very expensive but a little usually goes a long way.

McBoo
McBoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 06:25 AM   #112
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: misspink82
Stats: start 241/ current 239/ goal 180
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 9/7/09
Is the acute phase the same in week one? I am not message board saavy, so sorry if I posted this in the wrong place, but I am not very familiar with all of the MWL terminology...
misspink82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 09:48 AM   #113
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: luvlonghorns
Stats: 5'6"/162/127.5/128-Maintenance since 10/8/09
WOE: MEDI-Weightloss
Start Date: July 9, 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by misspink82 View Post
Is the acute phase the same in week one? I am not message board saavy, so sorry if I posted this in the wrong place, but I am not very familiar with all of the MWL terminology...
Week one is different from the rest of the acute phase. Week one is protein only (500 calories to 600 calories, depending on what your clinic advises for your situation). Further, the only cheese allowed by most MEDI clinics in week one is fat-free or lowfat cottage cheese. We drink tons of water and a sugar-free low calorie electrolyte drink (Crystal Light Hydration, Smart Water, etc) daily to avoid cramps. No other foods, vegetables, fruits, snacks or cheeses allowed in week one. To help through the hunger, we drink, FF, low cal, low sodium broth. You may want to reread the newbies thread, although it contains information for later weeks also.
Hope this helps you get the results you want!
-Jane
luvlonghorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 03:41 AM   #114
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: crobyninc
Stats: 335/243/180
WOE: Low carb and watching calories
Start Date: March 9 2009
Kristin

I made the Sesame Chicken for dinner last night and OMG that was amazing!!! Thanks for sharing with us. This is going to be a repeat meal for sure!
crobyninc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 05:38 AM   #115
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sunshyn141
Stats: 213.2/171.51/150
WOE: Medi Weight-Loss
Start Date: July 28, 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by crobyninc View Post
Kristin

I made the Sesame Chicken for dinner last night and OMG that was amazing!!! Thanks for sharing with us. This is going to be a repeat meal for sure!
Thanks, Robin!!!

I'm so glad someone else tried it! I couldn't wait to hear what others thought of it. Glad you enjoyed!
Sunshyn141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 06:20 AM   #116
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jdmerck
Stats: 244
WOE: HCG
Start Date: 7-3-10
Silly question what is cream of tarter for the rolls??? where do i find it??? also Guar gum, i saw it here, but is that something i can buy in the stores???
jdmerck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 06:41 AM   #117
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: crobyninc
Stats: 335/243/180
WOE: Low carb and watching calories
Start Date: March 9 2009
Cream of tartar is found with all the other spices in the grocery store. Don't really know the science of it but it makes egg whites stiffer when they are whipped! Hope this helps!!!!
crobyninc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 07:18 AM   #118
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmerck View Post
Silly question what is cream of tarter for the rolls??? where do i find it??? also Guar gum, i saw it here, but is that something i can buy in the stores???
I could not find Guar gum in the store. I ordered it online.
Old 09-19-2009, 08:48 AM   #119
Major LCF Poster!

Great Site for Oopsie Roll Recipes

I just found a great site for Oopsie Roll recipes...

Moved to LivinLaVidaLowCarb.com/Blog: Cleochatra's Amazing Low-Carb 'Oopsie Rolls' Recipe Is To Die For

There are recipes for:

Oopsie French Toast
Oopsie Waffles
Oopsie BLT and Pizzas
Oopsie Gourmet Valentine Pizza
Oopsie Panini
Oopsie Pita with Lamb Gyro with Tzatziki
Chocolate Almond Oopsies
Oopsie Almost Tiramisu
Oopsie Birthday Cake
Oopsie Boston Cream Napoleon
Oopsie Chocolate Eclaire Cake
Oopsie Cream Puffs
Oopsie Pizzelles and Canoli

Check it out!
Old 09-19-2009, 02:07 PM   #120
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: luvlonghorns
Stats: 5'6"/162/127.5/128-Maintenance since 10/8/09
WOE: MEDI-Weightloss
Start Date: July 9, 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmerck View Post
I found my Guar Gum at Sprouts Natural Market. Whole Foods also carries it. Most natural/health food stores I patronize carry both Guar Gum and Xanthum Gum. If you don't have any nearby, you can always do as Susie did and order online.
-Jane
luvlonghorns is offline   Reply With Quote