Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2009, 04:58 PM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mommy-2-girls
Stats: 5'9" 299.2/249.2/180
WOE: Medi Weight Loss/Wii Fit/Yoga
Start Date: Restart after pregnancy bedrest: January 5, 2011
I made the Hungry Girlfredo tonight and was seriously disappointed. It was so bland and runny. I just felt like it had no flavor at all. Maybe I did something wrong?
Mommy-2-girls is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-2009, 06:15 AM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: hudiman
Stats: 5'2" /155/ now at goal 125
WOE: Medi Weightloss Clinc
Start Date: April 23, 2009
I bought miracle noodles and opened a package last night, I don't think I can eat them, the smell so fishy. I rinsed and rerinsed, am I doing something wrong or is there something else you can do to make it better? Did it take anyone a little adjusting before you could try them. The idea is great but I don't know if I can get by the fish smell.
hudiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 06:19 AM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: crobyninc
Stats: 335/243/180
WOE: Low carb and watching calories
Start Date: March 9 2009
Jessica

I have not tried this recipe but remember these recipes are similar but truly not like the originials. You have to use your imagination sometimes. Sorta like when you use a big lettuce leaf as bread for a tuna sandwich etc... For favor, I use a lot of garlic and fresh herbs. Just a thought...
crobyninc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 06:22 AM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Hudiman,

I think Susie's suggestion of soaking in a bit of vinegar helps a lot. Once, you incorporate the noodles into the sauce that you are cooking they really soak up and take on the favor of the food they are being used with. But the vinegar is a big help. And you maybe one who does not like them. It seems you either hate em or love em, there is really no inbetween with the Miracle Noodles.
Old 05-11-2009, 06:27 AM   #35
Senior LCF Member

Nikki21

I made your Baked Chicken and Mushrooms over the weekend, only I made it with Fish and added zucchinni and Yellow squash. It was AWESOME! I can't wait to make it with chicken now! With the fish I precooked the veggies to just get them started and then baked everything for 30 minutes since fish does not need as long to cook as chicken.

That was so easy and the sauce it makes it is outstanding! Thanks for the great recipes!
Old 05-11-2009, 06:46 AM   #36
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: McBoo
Stats: 216/140/140 Now on Maintainance
WOE: Medi Weightloss Clinics
Start Date: June 17, 2008
hudiman,

Your answer to your question regarding the amount of chicken broth needed in the recipe thread for the thai chicken is just enough to deglaze the pan.

McBoo
McBoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 06:51 AM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Great, thanks, sounds great. Trying it tonight.
Old 05-11-2009, 05:24 PM   #38
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SDC2
Stats: 5' 7.5" 218/150/155 Maintenance
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: November 20, 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy-2-girls View Post
I made the Hungry Girlfredo tonight and was seriously disappointed. It was so bland and runny. I just felt like it had no flavor at all. Maybe I did something wrong?
Jessica,

You probably didn't dry the noodles enough. I rinse them, soak them in cold water with a splash of vinegar, then drain, squeeze as much water as I can out of them, then pad dry twice using 3 paper towels each time. It sounds like a pain, but it really helps to get the water out.

Like Robyn said, some people love them and some people hate them. My favorite way to have them is to spray with butter spray, sprinkle with a little bit of Johnny's Garlic Seasoning, and top with parmesan cheese. I hope this helps.

Susie
SDC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 09:07 AM   #39
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
A lot of us enjoy fish on this program, and I just wanted to add a little note I found in my newletter from Dr Andrew Weil. He is based here in AZ, and I find much of what he says to be informative and helpful. So I am passing this along just as an informational tidbit for you.

3 Fish to Avoid

I apologize ahead of time for all the advertisements and such....

Jo
Desert-Rose7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 08:11 AM   #40
Senior LCF Member

Bumping this one too!
Old 06-02-2009, 09:07 AM   #41
Senior LCF Member

I tried the low carb pizza (using cauliflower crust) and it was just OK. It made a LOT though. I thought I could eat the whole thing (1 cup of cauliflower, etc) but I could barely eat 1/2. I prob won't make it again but it was fun to try.

Still loving Susie's "baked" apple recipe! Yum..
Old 06-02-2009, 02:50 PM   #42
Senior LCF Member

Oh, and I wanted to add that Susie, your "quesadilla" seriously rocks my world. SO awesome and fast when I have zero time. I have been doing it with just lf cheese, a tsp or so of salsa and a tsp of ff sour cream and it's just so good. There have been times where I didn't have time to cook or needed to delay dinner because of work stuff, and it's just such a great, quick, yummy dish! That plus a salad is a meal to me! Thanks!! LOVE it!

Last edited by Mommy-2-girls; 06-02-2009 at 02:51 PM..
Old 06-02-2009, 07:36 PM   #43
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Oh, and I wanted to add that Susie, your "quesadilla" seriously rocks my world. SO awesome and fast when I have zero time. I have been doing it with just lf cheese, a tsp or so of salsa and a tsp of ff sour cream and it's just so good. There have been times where I didn't have time to cook or needed to delay dinner because of work stuff, and it's just such a great, quick, yummy dish! That plus a salad is a meal to me! Thanks!! LOVE it!
Thanks for all the positive feedback. Most of my recipes are fairly easy as I am not the kind of cook that likes to measure ingredients and follow recipes. Isn't it amazing how you don't even miss the tortilla? I love that one too. I have that or the pizza, which is a similar concept, usually once a week and I make it for my family too. I love the baked apple too, but my clinic said that apples are fairly high in carbs so not to have it too often. That was okay though because only having it occassionally it makes it a real treat.

Susie
Old 06-05-2009, 06:55 AM   #44
Major LCF Poster!

John,

Thank you so much for all those delicious recipes. I love imperial crab, so I can't wait to try yours. Good luck and please check in with us once in a while.

Susie
Old 06-08-2009, 07:24 AM   #45
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Justin1
Stats: 324.5/197/190
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: 4/15/09
I got knocked out of ketosis this morning

last night we made:

Frozen Chocolate Cheesecake Bites!

(2 Bites: 40 calories, 0g fat, 100mg sodium, 6.5g carbs, 0g fiber, 1g sugars, 2g protein = 1 Point!)

Meet our new favorite use for ice cube trays.

Ingredients:

3/4 cup Cool Whip Free
5 tbsp. fat-free cream cheese; softened
1 tbsp. SPLENDA, Granular
10 tsp. HERSHEY'S Sugar Free Syrup

pretty tasty but i am 75% sure it was this. I did have a bit of the famous dave's georgia mustard, but it was a tiny amount

so one or the other

here is the info on the bbq sauce

fortunately i've been to the gym 3 times since thursday and really enjoying it, so today I'm gonna pound water and get right back into it.
Justin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 07:27 AM   #46
Senior LCF Member

I also made the medi recipe off the site for the General Tso's Chicken...which was pretty delicious.
Old 06-08-2009, 07:56 AM   #47
Senior LCF Member

Justin- You might not actually be out of ketosis. I thought I was knocked out of it too on Saturday night because my ketosticks, but I found out that doing a lot of exercise can actually cause a "false negative" because your muscles use the ketones before they reach the urine. I had done a lot of walking on Saturday morning and then an hour of aerobics that afternoon. That night the ketosticks showed negative and I was so upset. But Sunday morning they were bright purple again.

So, it might be the gym trips, not the food. Keep testing and limit your carbs just in case, but you might be surprised tomorrow.

Mommy to THREE sweeties, ages 4(g), 3(g), and 8 months(b)!

Lost 100 pounds on Medi in 2009! Gained it back during bedrest for a high-risk pregnancy Restart: January 2012!!

Week 1: -12.8 pounds
Month 1: -20.6 pounds
Month 2: -16.8 pounds
Old 06-08-2009, 08:04 AM   #48
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Justin- You might not actually be out of ketosis. I thought I was knocked out of it too on Saturday night because my ketosticks, but I found out that doing a lot of exercise can actually cause a "false negative" because your muscles use the ketones before they reach the urine. I had done a lot of walking on Saturday morning and then an hour of aerobics that afternoon. That night the ketosticks showed negative and I was so upset. But Sunday morning they were bright purple again.

So, it might be the gym trips, not the food. Keep testing and limit your carbs just in case, but you might be surprised tomorrow.

ah thanks m2g...that is completely possible. you just made me feel a bit better thanks!
Old 06-08-2009, 09:29 AM   #49
Major LCF Poster!

~Justin~Depending on how much/or type of exercise, I can throw myself out of actual tested ketosis. I can also do that by having raspberries for lunch. I can always look at my journal and find the reason. I fall in and out of ketosis regularly, but it always comes back. Always. I used to fuss about it at the beginning, but since I always go right back into ketosis, I do not fuss anymore.

My doctor at the clinic is not worried because I am consistently losing inches and pounds. For example, if I row or play on the elliptical, I can guarantee that I will be out of ketosis. The next morning, right back in. When I hiked South Mountain, a total distance of 9 miles with an elevation climb of about 1300 feet, still in ketosis. So, for me, it depends on the type of exercise....or the raspberries.

Hope this helps.

Jo
Old 06-08-2009, 10:05 AM   #50
Senior LCF Member

it does, thank you both.

sorry to side track this thread, but yes I just joined the gym last wednesday and have been there almost every day. i am doing a pretty light weight training routine and trying to get in 30 mins of cardio

for me, i have become so sedentary that my body is not used to this activity so it really makes sense that it could be affecting my ketosis. I will be anxious to see how it tests out tomorrow, and my appt. is tomorrow at medi so I will go over all of this with them as well.

I really hope my work in the gym will help me increase my numbers

According to my journal this is my 55th day, and I am so happy where I am at right now
Old 06-09-2009, 04:15 PM   #51
Senior LCF Member

Hey, is there anyway we can go through the recipe sight and delete the messages that aren't actual recipes? Just a thought! I would do it if I knew how.
Old 06-09-2009, 04:31 PM   #52
Senior LCF Member

hudiman- that's a good suggestion I think a moderator would have to do that but I'm not sure... maybe someone who's been around longer would know!
Old 06-09-2009, 04:41 PM   #53
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hudiman View Post
Hey, is there anyway we can go through the recipe sight and delete the messages that aren't actual recipes? Just a thought! I would do it if I knew how.
Bright minds think alike. I asked and only the site managers can do that, and I don't think they are willing. If I had it to do all over again I would have tried to separate dinner recipes, lunch recipes, breakfast recipes, snacks, .... maybe by posting them as subthreads to the recipe thread. But then again that might have been too hard for people to post too, but it would have make recipes more easy to find. Not all is lost, you can use the search this thread link if you know what you are looking for. It is what it is.

I have been really impressed with your posts. You have really found yourself on this program. It is funny how the newbies start out (myself included) insecure, overwhelmed and full of questions. Two weeks later they are giving advice, and good advice at that. It is great to see the transformation and seeing you give back what was given to you.

Susie
Old 06-09-2009, 04:46 PM   #54
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: McBoo
Stats: 216/140/140 Now on Maintainance
WOE: Medi Weightloss Clinics
Start Date: June 17, 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDC2 View Post
Bright minds think alike. I asked and only the site managers can do that, and I don't think they are willing. If I had it to do all over again I would have tried to separate dinner recipes, lunch recipes, breakfast recipes, snacks, .... maybe by posting them as subthreads to the recipe thread. But then again that might have been too hard for people to post too, but it would have make recipes more easy to find. Not all is lost, you can use the search this thread link if you know what you are looking for. It is what it is.

I have been really impressed with your posts. You have really found yourself on this program. It is funny how the newbies start out (myself included) insecure, overwhelmed and full of questions. Two weeks later they are giving advice, and good advice at that. It is great to see the transformation and seeing you give back what was given to you.

Susie
New threads can be started to break down the recipes by meal time.

Just a suggestion

Medi-Friendly Breakfast Recipes
Medi-Friendly Lunch Recipes
Medi-Friendly Dinner Recipes
Medi-Friendly Snacks
Medi-Friendly Desserts
Medi-Friendly Maintainance Recipes

Good Luck All

McBoo
McBoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 05:21 PM   #55
Senior LCF Member

[QUOTE=SDC2;12082244]Bright minds think alike. I asked and only the site managers can do that, and I don't think they are willing. If I had it to do all over again I would have tried to separate dinner recipes, lunch recipes, breakfast recipes, snacks, .... maybe by posting them as subthreads to the recipe thread. But then again that might have been too hard for people to post too, but it would have make recipes more easy to find. Not all is lost, you can use the search this thread link if you know what you are looking for. It is what it is.

Susie[/QUOTE

I never thought of my posts as being much, especially impressive, thanks. :blush:
Old 06-10-2009, 06:29 AM   #56
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBoo View Post

Just a suggestion

Medi-Friendly Snacks
Medi-Friendly Desserts

Good Luck All

McBoo

that would be awesome
Old 06-10-2009, 07:55 AM   #57
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBoo View Post

Just a suggestion

Medi-Friendly Snacks
Medi-Friendly Desserts

Good Luck All

McBoo
McBoo, thanks for setting up the threads.

I will transfer all the recipes over, but it will take time. It is easiest for me to go through one catagory at a time and transfer all those over. I think I transferred most of the lunch recipes. I will work on it some more later today. I would appreciate if noone else transfers the recipes as it will get confusing and we will get duplicates. It would be better if just one person does that and I am volunteering.

Please everyone else, keep these recipe threads pure. If you have an comments about the recipes post them in this thread. Just reference the recipe number.

I am going to post this in the main thread as well.

Susie
Old 06-10-2009, 09:31 AM   #58
Major LCF Poster!

Much appreciated, Susie. WTG!

Jo
Old 06-10-2009, 01:42 PM   #59
Senior LCF Member

Maybe we should publish a cook book, then use the proceeds to pay for our weekly visits
Old 06-10-2009, 01:55 PM   #60
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hudiman View Post
Maybe we should publish a cook book, then use the proceeds to pay for our weekly visits
Seriously, Jo and I have talked about that. I have been working on one, but it takes a lot of work to get enough recipes. Every time I make a new dish I take a picture of it and write it up. It will take some time. I am only including my own recipes and Jo's if she wants to collaborate. I would never steal a recipe from anyone.

Susie