Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2009, 11:52 AM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: katew1129
Stats: 232/212/130
WOE: Medi-weight loss
Start Date: January 2013
I have a Mirena also. It was put in January 2008. Love it! My TOM has never gone away though...I think that may have had something to do with my weight...but we will see.
katew1129 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-2009, 07:20 PM   #32
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Layna
Stats: 245/213/155
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 6/20/09
Kate: Never gone away, as in you always have TOM activity going on all the time, or you still get it once every month? My cycle has been much reduced but crazy. TOM events are MUCH lighter and shorter, but I never know when to expect it. Plus I gained about 20 lbs after getting it and retained tons of water.
Layna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 08:29 PM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: katew1129
Stats: 232/212/130
WOE: Medi-weight loss
Start Date: January 2013
No as in I have TOM each month but it is never on the same schedule and sometimes it lasts 3 days and sometimes it lasts 7. It was very out of whack when I started medi too! I gained weight when since I have had it but hard to say if it is from the Mirena because my eating habits were so bad. I am really hoping that once I lose the weight and get in better shape it will go away or at least normalize.
katew1129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 02:02 PM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MEDIMIMI
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: Starting over 1/29/10
I am on day 7 of my starting over on the program, and these issues have returned. So it is definately related to the diet/program. I am hoping these issues do not last as long as last time UGH
MEDIMIMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 06:42 PM   #35
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: amy1915
Stats: 230/230/130
Start Date: Started Over 9/2012 after 76lb loss in 2010.
All - I am on Seasonale and have been taking the three month packs back to back and haven't had a period since August of least year...BUT after my 1st week on the program I got a period even though I wasn't even close to the end of the pack of pills for that month! I refilled my 3 month pack and started over and it did go away after about three days. I haven't had any problems since, but I'm not even through my 1st month of Medi yet...so we'll see what the future holds. Thanks for discussing this topic.
amy1915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 09:39 PM   #36
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: reneed
I just restarted medi - but when I was on it over a year ago I went over a month with bleeding or spotting - it did eventually level out. I believe it was right around the time I lost 30sh pounds...
reneed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 06:03 PM   #37
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: CommanderMander
Stats: 238/216/150
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: February 19 2010
I've been on MWL for 3 weeks now, and I started my TOM the begining of my 2nd week (right on schedule). But the first 2 days it was very heavy, my cramps were unbearable and I was sooo tired. This is unusual for me.

My Gyn told me to take an iron supplement the week prior to my TOM and during, since these are signs of iron deficiency due to the diet.
CommanderMander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 10:05 AM   #38
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: supermom03
Stats: 221/211.5/150
WOE: Medi Weigh-loss
Start Date: 3/2/10
My Question concerning TOM is how has it effected your weigh ins I weight for my 1st week Tuesday , and I am usually bloated and fill heavy during this time. So I am just wondering has anyone noticed a difference.
supermom03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 02:46 PM   #39
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Rochelle91214
Stats: 207/176/150
Start Date: October 23, 2009-Restarted on July 7, 2010
I'm glad I read this thread because I actually just made an appointment with my gyn because I have been getting my period twice a month since I started this program! The thing is, I started a new brand of BC pills the same month I started at Medi (October). This happened right away but I thought it was because my body had to get used to the new brand of pills. But it is still happening and is VERY annoying and inconvenient! I'm going to the gyn in 2 weeks so I'll see what she says. I'm not sure if it's the pills or the plan but I'm hoping whatever it is can be fixed because I'm sick of getting my TOM every other week!!!! Glad I'm not the only one that this has happened to!

"Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels"
Rochelle91214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 04:50 PM   #40
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tydreamer
Start Date: 2/10/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by amy1915 View Post
All - I am on Seasonale and have been taking the three month packs back to back and haven't had a period since August of least year...BUT after my 1st week on the program I got a period even though I wasn't even close to the end of the pack of pills for that month! I refilled my 3 month pack and started over and it did go away after about three days. I haven't had any problems since, but I'm not even through my 1st month of Medi yet...so we'll see what the future holds. Thanks for discussing this topic.
I'm a continual pill user because I get so many migraines during my periods. I'm in week four of medi and I started spotting, bleeding really, at the end of week one and it finally went away just this past weekend. I was really getting worried because I haven't had a period in like four years! I'm now positive it's due to the changes brought on by the medi plan. I'm so thankful for all of the information you all are willing to share!

THANK YOU!
tydreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 06:37 AM   #41
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: eptexy
Stats: 5'4 165/132/125
WOE: Medi Weightloss - Maintenance!!!
Start Date: March 2010
After just a week of medi, I woke up this morning with the most horrible cramps. Like, stitching, searing abdominal pain. My periods are usually very heavy so if they get even heavier, this should be interesting.

One positive note though - my first weigh in was the day before my period started and while normally I am BLOATED, I still lost 9 lbs.

I am getting the NovaSure ablation next month so hoping that will solve all of my problems.
eptexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 08:49 PM   #42
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: becki.wilson
Stats: 224.8/206.8/150
WOE: Medi
Start Date: Feb 2010
During week 2 of Medi I got mine a week early and had it for a total of 14 days. I'm on the Nuvaring and usually have it for 3-4 days max.

My Medi Clinic is at my OB-GYN's office so I asked the staff. They had me speak to the director who said she had never heard of this happening but that it had to be related to the diet.

Luckily it ended right on time and I seem to be back on track this month. I'm absolutely certain it is diet related because it has never happened to me before!
becki.wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 07:21 AM   #43
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: cherliquidair
Stats: 270/247/150
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 04-21-10
I started my TOM on day 2 of week 1 restart. My periods are usually VERY heavy, crampy, miserable....but this time it was not as heavy, but lasted twice as long. Not to sound disgusting, but the consistency was different as well. I should be coming up on my next one so we will see what happens next. If I remember correctly from my first go-around with Medi, my TOM was much better after the first month...
cherliquidair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 08:08 AM   #44
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: txntv
Stats: 5'5" 169.5/131/140
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: March 25, 2010
I'm on Nuvaring. For a long time, I did the monthly thing. Now I do the quarterly thing (replacing Nuvaring with another rather than take a week off). I just started this last fall, so it's be inconsistent. Well, I finally got a period the last round ... and a surprise. 2.5 weeks after that period, I got a heavier period.

Just chalking it up to screwing with my body and making up for the time I didn't get a period when I should have.
txntv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 01:32 AM   #45
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Sweetmama2
WOE: MediWeight Loss
Start Date: May 19, 2010
On May 23 (2 days ago) I celebrated 2 years being cancer free. Anytime you hear anything that might lead to 'C' then you have to take the responsibility for yourself. Get a second opinion and even a third. For goodness sakes don't take the doctors advise for a six month wait.
Sweetmama2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 08:20 PM   #46
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: alexabexa912
Stats: 151./--/130
WOE: MediWeight Loss
Start Date: January 2011
Yes I have been spotting- i asked the doctor at my clinic and they said its bc my body is getting used to a new way of eating!:blush:
alexabexa912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 05:59 AM   #47
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: betty_going_85
Stats: 250/192.4/150 restart 236/222.6/150
Start Date: December 2010/ 9/9/2013
I wished I saw this forum before. I posted a question on the 24th of January about getting my period after not having it for almost 2 years. Now I see that I'm not the only one that strange things are happening to with my cycle. I have any appointment with my GYN to see if this threw be out of menopause and will I know have my cycle again every month. I am 53 years old and believe me I don't want to start having a monthly cycle again.
betty_going_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 02:10 PM   #48
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: irabeslim
Stats: 5'2" - 253/140/140
WOE: MWL
Start Date: January 21st, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by betty_going_85 View Post
I wished I saw this forum before. I posted a question on the 24th of January about getting my period after not having it for almost 2 years. Now I see that I'm not the only one that strange things are happening to with my cycle. I have any appointment with my GYN to see if this threw be out of menopause and will I know have my cycle again every month. I am 53 years old and believe me I don't want to start having a monthly cycle again.
Betty_going_85, I had the same thing happened to me. I am 53 years old and lost 113 lb on Medi from Jan 2010- October 2010. I had no periods for 2 years. This January, while on vacation, I got weird spotting and then what looked like a rela period. The whole thing lasted 13 days. I saw my doc and he took a bunch of tests and everything came back negative and he told me that the blood is saying that I am not in menopause. A year ago a blood test showed that I was in menopause. So I hope, I am not back having monthly cycles - but we shall see. Of course, his biggest worry was possibility of cancer or precancer but that seemed to be cleared.

"Nothing tastes better than thin feels"
-------------------
Was in wellness!
Restart on 04/05/11 to lose 15 gained lb
253/148/140
irabeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 07:41 AM   #49
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: betty_going_85
Stats: 250/192.4/150 restart 236/222.6/150
Start Date: December 2010/ 9/9/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by irabeslim View Post
Betty_going_85, I had the same thing happened to me. I am 53 years old and lost 113 lb on Medi from Jan 2010- October 2010. I had no periods for 2 years. This January, while on vacation, I got weird spotting and then what looked like a rela period. The whole thing lasted 13 days. I saw my doc and he took a bunch of tests and everything came back negative and he told me that the blood is saying that I am not in menopause. A year ago a blood test showed that I was in menopause. So I hope, I am not back having monthly cycles - but we shall see. Of course, his biggest worry was possibility of cancer or precancer but that seemed to be cleared.
I have my doctor's appointment on the 25th. I definitely don't want to start back to getting a regular period. I do have cramps now like it's about to come on but when I had my weigh in this morning I didn't have any water weight gain so I'll see. I'm happy to be losing the weight but really uphappy about the period thing. Thanks so much for the reply and your weight loss is impressive.
betty_going_85 is offline   Reply With Quote