Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2009, 07:02 AM   #211
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SDC2
Stats: 5' 7.5" 218/150/155 Maintenance
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: November 20, 2008

Here I am with my sisters.

Susie
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sisters.jpg (52.5 KB, 190 views)

Sponsored Links
Old 04-13-2009, 07:21 AM   #212
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jeffery's girl
Stats: 219.4/189/140
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: February 09,2009
BEAUTIFUL! It has to be wonderful not being the heavy one of the bunch anymore!! You look amazing.
Sherrie
Old 04-13-2009, 07:28 AM   #213
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: DOCProv
Stats: 225/197.5/160
Start Date: April 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doobz View Post
I am getting really frustrated with the diet right now. This is my 6th week on the diet and I am not losing any more

The past 4 weeks I have lost a total of 2lbs.... I really am not sure what to do. I have given up on ketosis, everytime I eat a veggie/fruit I get kicked out.

I am happy to see that everyone is losing... I really am!! I would like whatever advice you have to give, so that I can be happy for me too! I do not know what I am missing. So any tricks that you have or anything that you have done to pull your self out of a rut would be greatly appreciated!

PLEASE HELP!!!!!
What time of the day are you having your fruit or veggie? Make sure when you include those carbs that you are eating them with a protein...this helps to lower the glycemic index of the entire meal. The other thing to think about is whether you have changed your exercise regimen. You may need to increase your protein calories in order to generate a fat loss (i.e. ketosis) if you are vigorously exercising. ALso, try checking for ketones at another time in the day. If you eat most of your carbs at night you could be "out" of ketosis in the am but back in it in the afternoon. Don't get discouraged...
Old 04-13-2009, 07:32 AM   #214
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchestnut View Post
Today was another weekly weigh in. Down only 1 lbs and down 2lbs in water. Body fat is up but waist is down 1/4 inch. Geeze these numbers can drive a person crazy LOL. Oh well, 8 lbs to go until final phase.
Don't go nuts over the body fat %. The calculation is driven by TBW or total body water. You probably had a drop in TBW which falsely increases your fat %. I am going to try to post the link on Tanita Tidbits which goes over how sensitive the scale can be and ways to avoid running into these little frustrations...congrats on being very close to your goal!
Old 04-13-2009, 07:40 AM   #215
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurleyQ View Post
I will ask at my next visit, but I was never told the max number of carbs and fat I could have each day. I have been really close to 20g carbs and most days around 5-10g fat. Can anyone share what they have been told? Thanks!
In order to stay in ketosis you can have between 25-40grams of carbs per day. These carbs come from fruit and veggies as well as some of you protein sources like cheese, nuts, peanut butter, yogurt, deli meats...read your labels! As far as fat grams go...essentially you are on a low fat diet because of the calorie restriction. IF you don't have high triglycerides or cholesterol then you can have about 30-50 grams of total fat per day. IF you do have those issues then I would work toward keeping the fat grams in the low range of 25-40 grams/day.
Old 04-13-2009, 07:45 AM   #216
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcrow47 View Post
Hi, Folks!

So..In going over my numbers from yesterdays weigh-in it appears that I lost 8 lbs of fat but gained 5.4 pounds of "water-weight." Is this normal? What should I do to reduce water weight with this program? Am I doing something wrong? 128 Ounces of water a day is 8.34 pounds of water. Most of that is passed out. How do I keep from retaining water?

Also, to Jo...

Thanks for the advice on the veggies. The Greens idea sounds great and, you're right, I LOVE mustard and collard greens. New problem though...now in week three I'm able to have a single serving of fruit. Well, had a single small apple at lunch and, once again, am kicked out of Ketosis. Are there those of us who just cannot be exposed to carbs in order to maintain?

Any advice form anyone will be appreciated. The clinic folks haven't been real helpful. When I ask, I get pre-programmed answers but little real information.

Thanks in advance...

Troy
As far as "gaining" water weight goes... the TBW or total body water read by the scale reflects extracellular water only. Typically if the number goes up it does not reflect a water gain...unlesss you feel bloated from not moving your bowels or eating too much salt. Usually the TBW increase if you are not drinking enough water, because the water diffuses out of your cells in into the tissues. Or if you recently exercised before getting on the scale it would increase your TBW. I am going to try to scan or type the Tanita Tidbits worksheet onto LCF. Your clinic should have a copy of this posted in the rooms or at least in the manual they received from corporate training. Ask them for a copy. Keep up the good work. Remember its more about how you feel and less about the numbers some weeks!!!
Old 04-13-2009, 08:10 AM   #217
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOCProv View Post
As far as "gaining" water weight goes... the TBW or total body water read by the scale reflects extracellular water only. Typically if the number goes up it does not reflect a water gain...unlesss you feel bloated from not moving your bowels or eating too much salt. Usually the TBW increase if you are not drinking enough water, because the water diffuses out of your cells in into the tissues. Or if you recently exercised before getting on the scale it would increase your TBW. I am going to try to scan or type the Tanita Tidbits worksheet onto LCF. Your clinic should have a copy of this posted in the rooms or at least in the manual they received from corporate training. Ask them for a copy. Keep up the good work. Remember its more about how you feel and less about the numbers some weeks!!!
sorry to double post but i put up a thread about tanita tidbits that should help...
Old 04-13-2009, 08:29 AM   #218
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Doobz
Stats: 178/154/152
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 2/28/09
Thank you Krissy, Mchestnut and Susie! I really appreciate the encouragement and advice that you have. It forces me to have more faith And I do understand that I am within 10lbs-ish of goal and that things are going to be more difficult, I guess I just needed to vent (to ppl who might understand).

I will try to go in and get the extra shot this week (which I have never done before) and see if that helps.

Thank you!
Old 04-13-2009, 08:32 AM   #219
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: McBoo
Stats: 216/140/140 Now on Maintainance
WOE: Medi Weightloss Clinics
Start Date: June 17, 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDC2 View Post

Susie
Looking great Susie.

McBoo
Old 04-13-2009, 08:36 AM   #220
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Doobz
Stats: 178/154/152
Start Date: 2/28/09
Thanks for the tip Doc... I will try to test my ketosis at different times of the day. I do tend to eat a carb at every meal. I do not eat fruits, and I have a veggie once a day (maybe twice), but the cheese is where I get my carbs. And I have been paying VERY close attention to that and try to keep myself under 30 carbs a day.
Old 04-13-2009, 08:43 AM   #221
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
WOW!!!! Susie, you are looking TERRIFIC!

Jo
Old 04-13-2009, 09:38 AM   #222
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Tcrow47
Stats: 242.5/199/185
WOE: Medi-Weight Loss
Start Date: March 25, 2009
Docprov,

Thanks so much for the input. I really appreciate your presence here on the boards. Its nice to have access to truly knowledgabel information.

Now, let me ask a question that I can't seem to get an asnwer to. Specifically with regard to the MWL program, how much sodium is too much?

Here's the basis for my question. As part of the program we are advised to eat limited amounts of Deli meats which I truly enjoy. Unfortunately, as processed food goes, they appear to be loaded with sodium. For instance...I purchased both Deli Ham and Deli Turkey yesterday at Albertsons. Both are Deitz and Watson "Gourmet Light" products. Reduced Sodium, No MSG, Low fat...the whole nine yards. However, each 2oz. serving contains 460mg of Sodium. Is that considered high? Is it too high for the program?

Every time I ask the Sodium question at my clinic I get the pre-programmed response, "Oh, we dont concentrate too much on Sodium in this program. We're only concerned about Calories and Carbs.

Thanks for the help once again. If you dont mind, next time I'll ask you my homemade Beef Jerky question.

Troy

"Alles Gorgeatuum sic subjuctatus nunc!
Old 04-13-2009, 10:10 AM   #223
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: orlando2002
Stats: 217/177/160
WOE: Medi Weight loss clinic
Start Date: 3/11/09
Troy, this is what I found in the American Heart Assoc web site:

AHA Recommendation

Aim to eat less than 2,300 mg of salt per day. Some people — African Americans, middle-aged and older adults, and people with high blood pressure — need less than 1,500 mg per day.

What are the common sources of sodium?

When you must reduce the amount of sodium (salt) you eat, be aware of both natural and added sodium content. Table salt is sodium chloride. It's 40 percent sodium by weight. When you buy prepared and packaged foods, read the labels. Watch for the words "soda" (referring to sodium bicarbonate, or baking soda) and "sodium" and the symbol "Na." These products contain sodium compounds.

Some drugs contain high amounts of sodium. Carefully read the labels on all over-the-counter drugs. Look at the ingredient list and warning statement to see if the product has sodium. A statement of sodium content must be on labels of antacids that have 5 mg or more per dosage unit (tablet, teaspoon, etc.). Some companies are now producing low-sodium over-the-counter products. If in doubt, ask your doctor or pharmacist if the drug is OK for you.

Most spices naturally contain very small amounts of sodium.

How can I reduce the sodium in my diet?

Choose fresh, frozen or canned food items without added salts.
Select unsalted nuts or seeds, dried beans, peas and lentils.
Limit the amount of salty snacks you eat, like chips and pretzels.
Avoid adding salt and canned vegetables to homemade dishes.
Select unsalted, fat-free broths, bouillons or soups.
Select fat-free or low-fat milk, low-sodium, low-fat cheeses, as well as low-fat yogurt.
Specify what you want and how you want it prepared when dining out. Ask for your dish to be prepared without salt.
Use spices and herbs to enhance the taste of your food.
Old 04-13-2009, 01:25 PM   #224
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MrsP
Stats: 282/175/160
Start Date: March 21, 2009
Hi Everyone!
I am relatively new to the program-3 weeks as of this past Friday. I'm down 21 lbs. which the clinic staff tells me is good and I'm happy about it but my problem is I already feel like I've been on this diet FOREVER. I don't get hunger pains or any side effect issues its just the time and effort that goes into planning meals, journaling, remembering to take all the pills, testing for ketosis etc... that makes me feel like I should see a more dramatic result. I know its not supposed to be easy, its a major lifestyle change but did anyone else feel like the program took over your life at the beginning and slowed down time? Does this feeling go away? Thanks in advance!

Last edited by MrsP; 04-13-2009 at 01:26 PM.. Reason: Question for you Medi Pro's
Old 04-13-2009, 01:44 PM   #225
Senior LCF Member

Hi MrsP. I am sorry about your fellings ... I think 21 pounds in 3 weeks is terrific! have you lost 7 pounds a week before???? I think you have achieved a great result so far ...

I know what you mean about planning meals, journaling, etc. What have worked for me is cooking more quantity of chicken, meat or fish and I weigh and package the proteins in 4 oz containers, so I have my meat ready for my vegetables and salads.

Also, the night before, I plan my next day, since I know what I have ready to eat, it is easier. I write everything I am going to eat next day, so I do not have to remember anything. I just eat what I wrote. Of course, once in a while I have change my menu, for a last minute change (like appointment, forgot my lunch bag, etc), but it doesn't happen often.

I just check my ketosis in the morning, most of the time I am in moderate ketosis.

To take the pills, I bought 3 pill cases at wallgreens ($0.99 each) and I pre-pack all my pills for the week on Sunday. I have the 2 cases (morning and night) at home, and I have in my purse the case for the afternoon pills .... So, I do not have to carry a bunch of bottles and if I have a doubt if I took the pill, just checking the case I can figure it out ...

I hope this helps!

Last edited by orlando2002; 04-13-2009 at 01:46 PM..
Old 04-13-2009, 01:54 PM   #226
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mchestnut
Stats: 248/188/180
Start Date: Nov 22,2008
Quote:
Krissy and MChestnut,

Your new photos are wonderful. MChestnut, great before and after. Thanks for all the encouragement and info to the masses.

My trip to Baltimore was wonderful. I will post a picture of me with my skinny sisters once I am caught up. When my older sister (who had no idea about the weight loss) picked me up at the airport, all she could say is "Oh my God. You look amazing!" It was just the reaction I was hoping for. At the wedding everyone was so complimentary. My younger sister made meals for me and everyone that were Medi compliant and took me as a guest to her gym where we worked out for 1 1/2 hrs. It was a great weekend.

Susie
Thank you and back at ya ...Welcome back and we are all happy to have you back.
Old 04-13-2009, 01:56 PM   #227
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doobz View Post
Thank you Krissy, Mchestnut and Susie! I really appreciate the encouragement and advice that you have. It forces me to have more faith And I do understand that I am within 10lbs-ish of goal and that things are going to be more difficult, I guess I just needed to vent (to ppl who might understand).

I will try to go in and get the extra shot this week (which I have never done before) and see if that helps.

Thank you!

Anytime, we are all here to help and your right sometimes we just need to vent because it does get tougher but so so worth it.
Old 04-13-2009, 02:03 PM   #228
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOCProv View Post
Don't go nuts over the body fat %. The calculation is driven by TBW or total body water. You probably had a drop in TBW which falsely increases your fat %. I am going to try to post the link on Tanita Tidbits which goes over how sensitive the scale can be and ways to avoid running into these little frustrations...congrats on being very close to your goal!
Great information on the post on Tanita Tidbits. TY. I found that I have been doing things that will affect my reading. Like drinking water or doing my cardio in the morning. Thank you again this is great information, everyone should check it out.

tanita tidbits
Old 04-13-2009, 02:56 PM   #229
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: AtTheBeach
Stats: 5' 4' 183.6/162.2/125
Start Date: 9/15/09
First weigh-in!

I had my first weigh-in today. I am down 7.2lbs. I'm pretty happy with that.

I travel a lot for work and I actually had to travel 3 days during my first week. I can't make my next appointmet because I will be out of town again so they gave me 2 weeks worth of PhenD and gave me an appointment in 2 weeks.
Old 04-13-2009, 03:46 PM   #230
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NIKKI21
Stats: 181.4/134.8 Now on Maintenance :0)
WOE: MEDI WEIGHTLOSS CLINICS
Start Date: 12/04/08
Been awol - our fourlegged child has a nasty UTI and then the HP caught a nasty virus! Going to weigh in tomorrow after work, this will be a 2 week weigh in again. Will update when I get home; wish me luck!

Susie and Mchestnut - your pics look amazing!
I told the clinic I want a copy of my before and after when I reach goal; going to post it to my bedroom mirror so this never ever happens again!
Old 04-13-2009, 06:31 PM   #231
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: crobyninc
Stats: 335/243/180
WOE: Low carb and watching calories
Start Date: March 9 2009
Hi everyone,

Susie and McBoo great pics!

I had my 5th weigh in and lost 6.4 pounds for a total of 27.6 in 5 weeks. Also, finally people are starting to notice and my clothes for sure are getting looser and I am finding some old clothes that I had to put away probably years ago.

Good luck to everyone this week. I am proud to say there was no Easter Chocolate in my diet over the weekend and I did not stray from my diet on Easter Sunday either. Amazingly it was not even hard! This diet is so insane.
Old 04-13-2009, 07:05 PM   #232
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SDC2
Stats: 5' 7.5" 218/150/155 Maintenance
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: November 20, 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by crobyninc View Post
Hi everyone,

I had my 5th weigh in and lost 6.4 pounds for a total of 27.6 in 5 weeks. Also, finally people are starting to notice and my clothes for sure are getting looser and I am finding some old clothes that I had to put away probably years ago.

Good luck to everyone this week. I am proud to say there was no Easter Chocolate in my diet over the weekend and I did not stray from my diet on Easter Sunday either. Amazingly it was not even hard! This diet is so insane.
Robyn,

You are doing so well! 27.8 pounds in 5 weeks is like "The Biggest Loser". Keep up the good work and please keep posting because it is so inspirational for the rest of us.

Susie
Old 04-14-2009, 05:34 AM   #233
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: McBoo
Stats: 216/140/140 Now on Maintainance
WOE: Medi Weightloss Clinics
Start Date: June 17, 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by crobyninc View Post
Hi everyone,

Great job Robyn

You are doing fantastic.

McBoo
Old 04-14-2009, 06:41 AM   #234
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: CurleyQ
Stats: 260/220/160
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 3/22/09
I went to my 3rd weigh in last night and lost 3.7lbs for a total of 15.2lbs lost. My husband lost 5lbs this week for a total of 20lbs lost (men! lol).
Old 04-14-2009, 06:46 AM   #235
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: CurleyQ
Stats: 260/220/160
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 3/22/09
Congrats to Robyn, At the Beach and Mrs. P on your loss!

Susie – You look fantastic! And you have the biggest smile of them all!

MChestnut - great pix! Keep up the good work-you are almost there!
Old 04-14-2009, 11:33 AM   #236
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Justin1
Stats: 324.5/197/190
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: 4/15/09
"Last Supper" is tonight. I am more scared about the stress of planning everything out and getting the proper foods than I am about how I will feel.

I have been lurking here for a long time, and used to frequent the atkins section. I tried miracle noodles last week as we know someone that has done Medi and eats those. I felt like I was on Fear Factor, lol.

I've got a long way to go, but tomorrow is the first step (or maybe today was as I did my consultation).

Cheers
Old 04-14-2009, 12:07 PM   #237
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin1 View Post
I tried miracle noodles last week as we know someone that has done Medi and eats those. I felt like I was on Fear Factor, lol.
Cheers

I felt the same way when I tried them!!!! I laughed soo hard when I read your comment!

Good luck!
Old 04-14-2009, 12:08 PM   #238
Senior LCF Member

5th weigh-in ............... 3.5 pounds lost ..... total of 21 pounds lost for ever ... I could not be more happy!

Old 04-14-2009, 12:31 PM   #239
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jeffery's girl
Stats: 219.4/189/140
Start Date: February 09,2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlando2002 View Post
5th weigh-in ............... 3.5 pounds lost ..... total of 21 pounds lost for ever ... I could not be more happy!

congratulations on putting that fat where it needs to be!
Old 04-14-2009, 12:32 PM   #240
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Krissy66
Stats: I'm not overweight, I'm undertall
WOE: (VSG 11/28/12)
Start Date: June, 2008
Quote:

Susie
Lookin good Susie!!!
Closed Thread