Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2009, 02:02 PM   #181
Senior LCF Member
 
mchestnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Gainesville, FL
Posts: 305
Gallery: mchestnut
Stats: 248/188/180
WOE: Medi-Weight Loss
Start Date: Nov 22,2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doobz View Post
I am getting really frustrated with the diet right now. This is my 6th week on the diet and I am not losing any more

The past 4 weeks I have lost a total of 2lbs.... I really am not sure what to do. I have given up on ketosis, everytime I eat a veggie/fruit I get kicked out.

I am happy to see that everyone is losing... I really am!! I would like whatever advice you have to give, so that I can be happy for me too! I do not know what I am missing. So any tricks that you have or anything that you have done to pull your self out of a rut would be greatly appreciated!

PLEASE HELP!!!!!
I know how you feel, I am also not losing much at all. You have to be patient and keep up the exercise and be in a caloric deficit every week. It will eventually come off. Hang in there. I have to keep telling myself that this is what everyone says that the last 10 to 15 lbs is the hardest, and it really is.

Last edited by mchestnut; 04-10-2009 at 02:04 PM..
mchestnut is offline  

Sponsored Links
Old 04-10-2009, 02:06 PM   #182
Blabbermouth!!!
 
McBoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: S.W Florida
Posts: 5,119
Gallery: McBoo
Stats: 216/140/140 Now on Maintainance
WOE: Medi Weightloss Clinics
Start Date: June 17, 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by mchestnut View Post
I know how you feel, I am also not losing much at all. You have to be patient and keep up the exercise and be in a caloric deficit every week. It will eventually come off. Hang in there. I have to keep telling myself that this is what everyone says that the last 10 to 15 lbs is the hardest, and it really is.
Exactly right Krissy and Mchestnut.

Both of your new pictures look fantastic.

McBoo
McBoo is offline  
Old 04-10-2009, 02:08 PM   #183
Senior LCF Member
 
mchestnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Gainesville, FL
Posts: 305
Gallery: mchestnut
Stats: 248/188/180
WOE: Medi-Weight Loss
Start Date: Nov 22,2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by McBoo View Post
Exactly right Krissy and Mchestnut.

Both of your new pictures look fantastic.

McBoo
Thank you, did you see my profile picture that i also added. It is me in front of a giant sharks mouth. Thats a picture of me at my heaviest 250lbs. WOW!!
mchestnut is offline  
Old 04-10-2009, 02:09 PM   #184
Major LCF Poster!
 
Krissy66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Boston
Posts: 1,492
Gallery: Krissy66
Stats: I'm not overweight, I'm undertall
WOE: (VSG 11/28/12)
Start Date: June, 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by mchestnut View Post
Thank you, did you see my profile picture that i also added. It is me in front of a giant sharks mouth. Thats a picture of me at my heaviest 250lbs. WOW!!
thanks McBoo-- I sorta feel like an outsider--not formally on Medi-- but it's where I got started. Just LC'ing it since last summer...hoping to get near goal in a few months.....
Krissy66 is offline  
Old 04-10-2009, 02:16 PM   #185
Senior LCF Member
 
mchestnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Gainesville, FL
Posts: 305
Gallery: mchestnut
Stats: 248/188/180
WOE: Medi-Weight Loss
Start Date: Nov 22,2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathyleens View Post
Hi All,

I found this Med-Weightloss Clinics page. It has a lot of great recipes and info about Medi-Weightloss Clinics on television. Check it out!

Login | Facebook
Ty we have one also for Gainesville Florida, but I really like this one too, so became a fan. The Before and After Pictures are great to see, anybody with a facebook page really should check this out.

Last edited by mchestnut; 04-10-2009 at 02:17 PM..
mchestnut is offline  
Old 04-10-2009, 03:25 PM   #186
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 21
Gallery: claudiaalr
Stats: 163/152/140
WOE: Medi weight loss
Start Date: March 27, 2009
Just got back from my second week weigh in and lost 3.4 lbs, for a total of 11 lbs!! I am very excited, especially since I am already able to wear clothes that were in the back of my closet...

Regarding all the numbers they give you at weigh in, I do look at fat% and BMI, but try not to worry much about the others. I figure, as long as I am losing the weight, feel good, and the counselors don't tell me something is wrong, I am fine. Sometimes too much attention to details can be distracting and frustrating.

I also wanted to tell Sue that I am loving the Miracle Noodles. I've had them with two different recipes and they've been great! The best discovery since finding this web site. Thanks Sue!! And to everybody else for sharing your experiences and responding to all our newbie questions. You have been an incredible help especially for the first couple of weeks, when there are so many questions.

And congratulations to all the big and small losers!!
claudiaalr is offline  
Old 04-10-2009, 03:57 PM   #187
Major LCF Poster!
 
Desert-Rose7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 1,478
Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
Back from my appointment, and down another 2.5 lbs...and that is just fine with me. My BMI has dropped below 30 and that makes me very happy!
There were a couple of new clients this week when I went in and one of them told me that I looked wonderful...how cool is that?

Congrats to all weight loss this week! You are all doing so well!

My little mini goal is to be under 200 by April 24 if at all possible, definitely by the first week of May realistically...who knows? A day at a time!

Wishing everyone a wonderful Easter weekend!



Jo
Desert-Rose7 is offline  
Old 04-10-2009, 05:14 PM   #188
Senior LCF Member
 
Jeffery's girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Alabama
Posts: 154
Gallery: Jeffery's girl
Stats: 219.4/189/140
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: February 09,2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert-Rose7 View Post
Back from my appointment, and down another 2.5 lbs...and that is just fine with me. My BMI has dropped below 30 and that makes me very happy!
There were a couple of new clients this week when I went in and one of them told me that I looked wonderful...how cool is that?

Congrats to all weight loss this week! You are all doing so well!

My little mini goal is to be under 200 by April 24 if at all possible, definitely by the first week of May realistically...who knows? A day at a time!

Wishing everyone a wonderful Easter weekend!



Jo
WONDERFUL JO!!!! You will reach your goal in no time at all. I know dipping under 200 will be a glorious day for you!!!
Sherrie
Jeffery's girl is offline  
Old 04-10-2009, 05:18 PM   #189
Senior LCF Member
 
babyboyst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: charlotte, nc
Posts: 79
Gallery: babyboyst
Stats: 5'11" 238/165/180???
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: April 1st, 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathyleens View Post
Hi All,

I found this Med-Weightloss Clinics page. It has a lot of great recipes and info about Medi-Weightloss Clinics on television. Check it out!

Login | Facebook

Thanks for posting, that page is great!!!
babyboyst is offline  
Old 04-10-2009, 06:03 PM   #190
Blabbermouth!!!
 
McBoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: S.W Florida
Posts: 5,119
Gallery: McBoo
Stats: 216/140/140 Now on Maintainance
WOE: Medi Weightloss Clinics
Start Date: June 17, 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krissy66 View Post
thanks McBoo-- I sorta feel like an outsider--not formally on Medi-- but it's where I got started. Just LC'ing it since last summer...hoping to get near goal in a few months.....
Krissy,

No need to feel like an outsider. You know you are always welcome here.

McBoo
McBoo is offline  
Old 04-10-2009, 06:05 PM   #191
Blabbermouth!!!
 
McBoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: S.W Florida
Posts: 5,119
Gallery: McBoo
Stats: 216/140/140 Now on Maintainance
WOE: Medi Weightloss Clinics
Start Date: June 17, 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudiaalr View Post
Just got back from my second week weigh in and lost 3.4 lbs, for a total of 11 lbs!! I am very excited, especially since I am already able to wear clothes that were in the back of my closet...

Regarding all the numbers they give you at weigh in, I do look at fat% and BMI, but try not to worry much about the others. I figure, as long as I am losing the weight, feel good, and the counselors don't tell me something is wrong, I am fine. Sometimes too much attention to details can be distracting and frustrating.

I also wanted to tell Sue that I am loving the Miracle Noodles. I've had them with two different recipes and they've been great! The best discovery since finding this web site. Thanks Sue!! And to everybody else for sharing your experiences and responding to all our newbie questions. You have been an incredible help especially for the first couple of weeks, when there are so many questions.

And congratulations to all the big and small losers!!
Great job Claudia

McBoo
McBoo is offline  
Old 04-10-2009, 06:07 PM   #192
Blabbermouth!!!
 
McBoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: S.W Florida
Posts: 5,119
Gallery: McBoo
Stats: 216/140/140 Now on Maintainance
WOE: Medi Weightloss Clinics
Start Date: June 17, 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert-Rose7 View Post
Back from my appointment, and down another 2.5 lbs...and that is just fine with me. My BMI has dropped below 30 and that makes me very happy!
There were a couple of new clients this week when I went in and one of them told me that I looked wonderful...how cool is that?

Congrats to all weight loss this week! You are all doing so well!

My little mini goal is to be under 200 by April 24 if at all possible, definitely by the first week of May realistically...who knows? A day at a time!

Wishing everyone a wonderful Easter weekend!



Jo
Jo,

You are doing fantastic. I bet you make your next goal in the time frame you have set. You are so determined and it shows.



McBoo
McBoo is offline  
Old 04-10-2009, 07:09 PM   #193
Major LCF Poster!
 
Desert-Rose7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 1,478
Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
Thank you McBoo and Sherrie! I am just so jazzed with the total weight loss that I can hardly stand myself! I celebrated by getting a bunch of daffodils at Trader Joe's on the way home! Now I have sunshine in a vase!

I am beginning to dig out the way smaller sizes from my closet. Some of my favorite Gap jeans and tops. That truly blows me away! I saved them thinking I would consign them "one of these days", in actuality, the larger sizes will be the ones going to the resale shop! I am eternally grateful that my clothes have always been "preppy" and do not tend to go out of style!

Okay enough from me.....just really having a happy happy day!


Jo

Last edited by Desert-Rose7; 04-10-2009 at 07:10 PM..
Desert-Rose7 is offline  
Old 04-10-2009, 07:34 PM   #194
Junior LCF Member
 
peppypatti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Boston
Posts: 35
Gallery: peppypatti
Stats: 268/11 weeks now 218
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: 3/19/2009
Down 22 lbs in 3 weeks woohoo

ok ok - I promised myself I wasn't going to do this
but ... I have to keep my spirits up
I thought I'd be losing 5+ lbs a week (that's what the MWL clinic told me)

and it's been 4.5 ish
I want to look on the positive side

so ... factoring in the big 1st week weight loss of 12.4 lbs
I'm up to 22 lbs off in 3 weeks

and hey - if I could only go to the bathroom it might have beeen 30!

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
peppypatti is offline  
Old 04-11-2009, 06:52 AM   #195
Senior LCF Member
 
roev210's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 130
Gallery: roev210
Stats: 211
WOE: just lose it with Berta
Start Date: November 27, 2010
Way to go all the weight loses. Happy Easter and have a good week!!!!
roev210 is offline  
Old 04-11-2009, 07:07 AM   #196
Senior LCF Member
 
trueyou2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: indiana
Posts: 69
Gallery: trueyou2
Stats: 247/240/200
WOE: atkins no carb low carb
Start Date: 8.18.2010
Good job everyone!

I just went to the weight loss clinic not the same ones as you guys are all going to.

So, I'm hoping to lose hopefully 8lbs by next Friday; because, I usually do lose 8lbs in the first week.

I'm also doing medifast for 2 weeks right along with the pills and exercising; so i'm hoping with all of this; I will be right on track to losing weight again.

I come here for the motivation and I don't want to get out of being motiviated anymore, because this is where I fail but this year is hopefully everybody's year!
__________________
Stats:
Startover weight: 240
Goal Weight: 220 for now

"A Mom is like a god in a child's eye!"
trueyou2 is offline  
Old 04-11-2009, 08:44 PM   #197
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Andover, Kansas
Posts: 185
Gallery: losinitgirl
Stats: 191.0/174/140
WOE: Low Carb/Atkins
Start Date: 1-7-11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krissy66 View Post
You are pretty close to goal...perhaps you have a new setpoint in your metabolic rate. Go easy on yourself. Fruits really mess with your weight loss. Keep those very low carb/low glycemic--strawberries, blueberries and rasberries are good choices. Keep veggies low glycemic as well. Stick with the diuretic type choices- asparagus, green leafy ones. Drink your water. Take it easy on added salt. Stalls can last for weeks. Try going back to your induction menu--that may work.
Hello Krissy and everyone else, I have been away for awhile and read some of the previous post and its great to see all the new Medi people finding this site. We both started this program last June and I restarted Medi in hopes to lose the rest. Everyone is doing so well, Krissy, I like your new photo. I think I am going to have to go back and get some of your old recipe's, you know I have been a fan of your low carb cooking. Have a wonderful low carb Easter Sunday.
losinitgirl is offline  
Old 04-11-2009, 09:05 PM   #198
Junior LCF Member
 
peppypatti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Boston
Posts: 35
Gallery: peppypatti
Stats: 268/11 weeks now 218
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: 3/19/2009
Congrats to all the gang !
It's tough - but isn't it worth it?

hugs
peppypatti is offline  
Old 04-12-2009, 03:29 AM   #199
Senior LCF Member
 
grettagirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: glocester RI
Posts: 125
Gallery: grettagirl
Stats: 193/121.6/130
WOE: mediweightloss
Start Date: 1/30/09
Happy Easter everyone! I am staying on plan today even though we are eating out. I made the cheesecake bites last night so I am prepared! I feel so good now that it just is not worth it to me to go off plan. I hope you all have a wonderful day!
grettagirl is offline  
Old 04-12-2009, 05:51 AM   #200
Major LCF Poster!
 
Krissy66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Boston
Posts: 1,492
Gallery: Krissy66
Stats: I'm not overweight, I'm undertall
WOE: (VSG 11/28/12)
Start Date: June, 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by losinitgirl View Post
Hello Krissy and everyone else, I have been away for awhile and read some of the previous post and its great to see all the new Medi people finding this site. We both started this program last June and I restarted Medi in hopes to lose the rest. Everyone is doing so well, Krissy, I like your new photo. I think I am going to have to go back and get some of your old recipe's, you know I have been a fan of your low carb cooking. Have a wonderful low carb Easter Sunday.
You too, honey! I am toasting my joseph's lavash bread right now for my goat cheese/olive/garlic appetizer for Easter. I am staying on plan now--even if my lovely latin boyfriend tries to unintentionally derail me!! We are leaving for Peru in July and I want to be a slim gringa blanca!!
Krissy66 is offline  
Old 04-12-2009, 06:40 PM   #201
Junior LCF Member
 
perdidocarbaddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Perdido Key, Florida
Posts: 44
Stats: 136/116/113
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: November 28, 2008
Hi Medi Friends -

It has been a while since I posted, but I want to all the Newbies, Hello!

Also, I haven't seen Rhi since Thanksgiving and vice versa - since then, I have lost 21 lbs, my husband has lost 38 lbs and RHI has lost about 30 lbs. Rhi surprised the family for Easter and came home! Everyone was so glad to see her but mostly so thrilled to see her weight loss. She is a different person - she is no longer grumpy and moody. It is amazing what happens when you get your blood sugar straightened out. I still have about 5 lbs to lose, while my husband is at his goal.

This plan does work! Now I have to start exercising to tone the flab - ugh!

Way to go everyone and I am so proud of Rhi!
perdidocarbaddict is offline  
Old 04-12-2009, 06:42 PM   #202
Major LCF Poster!
 
SDC2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,421
Gallery: SDC2
Stats: 5' 7.5" 218/150/155 Maintenance
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: November 20, 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffery's girl View Post
Hey Newbies,
Our recipe thread is getting cluttered with questions and comments. Please post all your questions on the monthly thread so we can keep our recipe thread clean. Any of us will be happy to answer questions on the monthly thread. The goal for the recipe thread is it will look like a cookbook . If we all post with this goal in mind we won't have to wade through extras to find what we need for success.
You guys are the best! Thank you for your help and support!
Sherrie
Thank you Sherrie. I gave up making the request, feeling like maybe I was in the minority in my opinion about keeping the recipe thread just recipes. Ashley had a great suggestion to add another thread for recipe comments. It would be nice if the administrators could move all the comments over to a new "recipe comments" thread, but that is probably a lot of work and asking too much.

Susie
SDC2 is offline  
Old 04-12-2009, 06:47 PM   #203
Major LCF Poster!
 
SDC2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,421
Gallery: SDC2
Stats: 5' 7.5" 218/150/155 Maintenance
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: November 20, 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by susan1234 View Post
I just got back from my weight in and i only lost 1lb kind of bummed. thought i would have done better.Its my sixth week and i only lost 21lbs is that normal? Is that good? Feel a little disappointed. Ready to go eat everything.
Susan,

I know this is late as I have been out of town, but how many diets have you been on that you have lost 21 pounds in 6 short weeks. That is an average of 3.5 pounds per week. I think that is pretty amazing and nothing to be discouraged about. You will have slower weeks in which your body is adjusting to the weight loss. Keep up the good work.

Susie
SDC2 is offline  
Old 04-12-2009, 07:06 PM   #204
Major LCF Poster!
 
SDC2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,421
Gallery: SDC2
Stats: 5' 7.5" 218/150/155 Maintenance
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: November 20, 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krissy66 View Post
You are pretty close to goal...perhaps you have a new setpoint in your metabolic rate. Go easy on yourself. Fruits really mess with your weight loss. Keep those very low carb/low glycemic--strawberries, blueberries and rasberries are good choices. Keep veggies low glycemic as well. Stick with the diuretic type choices- asparagus, green leafy ones. Drink your water. Take it easy on added salt. Stalls can last for weeks. Try going back to your induction menu--that may work.
Krissy and MChestnut,

Your new photos are wonderful. MChestnut, great before and after. Thanks for all the encouragement and info to the masses.

My trip to Baltimore was wonderful. I will post a picture of me with my skinny sisters once I am caught up. When my older sister (who had no idea about the weight loss) picked me up at the airport, all she could say is "Oh my God. You look amazing!" It was just the reaction I was hoping for. At the wedding everyone was so complimentary. My younger sister made meals for me and everyone that were Medi compliant and took me as a guest to her gym where we worked out for 1 1/2 hrs. It was a great weekend.

Susie
SDC2 is offline  
Old 04-12-2009, 07:14 PM   #205
Major LCF Poster!
 
SDC2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,421
Gallery: SDC2
Stats: 5' 7.5" 218/150/155 Maintenance
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: November 20, 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doobz View Post
I am getting really frustrated with the diet right now. This is my 6th week on the diet and I am not losing any more

The past 4 weeks I have lost a total of 2lbs.... I really am not sure what to do. I have given up on ketosis, everytime I eat a veggie/fruit I get kicked out.

I am happy to see that everyone is losing... I really am!! I would like whatever advice you have to give, so that I can be happy for me too! I do not know what I am missing. So any tricks that you have or anything that you have done to pull your self out of a rut would be greatly appreciated!

PLEASE HELP!!!!!
Doobz,

I know how frustrating the slow down can be. I had a very slow February. My advice is first of all to make sure your clinic knows and listen to their advice. Are you taking the extra free shots during the week? You may want to if you are not already. I found when I stopped these my weight loss slowed down. Finally, change things up. Change your exercise routine, your calorie consumption (especially making sure your calories are not too low) and anything else you can think of. If your body is not getting enough calories it will shut down thinking you are starving. Before doing anything though, please discuss it with your clinic doctor.

Susie
SDC2 is offline  
Old 04-12-2009, 07:15 PM   #206
Major LCF Poster!
 
SDC2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,421
Gallery: SDC2
Stats: 5' 7.5" 218/150/155 Maintenance
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: November 20, 2008
Congratulations to Jo, Claudia, Patti, Perdido, Perdido's husband, Rhi and all the losers on your weight losses. Gretta, way to plan and prepare. That is what keeps you on program. You are all an amazing inspiration.

Susie
SDC2 is offline  
Old 04-12-2009, 07:31 PM   #207
Senior LCF Member
 
orlando2002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: sanford, fl
Posts: 160
Gallery: orlando2002
Stats: 217/177/160
WOE: Medi Weight loss clinic
Start Date: 3/11/09
Hello everyone, Happy Easter ....!

I made the fries turnips today and they were yummmyyyyy. Never had turnips before.

When I peled them, they smell weird and I looked in the internet they have a bitter taste. I started to research and found if you let them soak in water, with splenda and a little of half and half or heavy cream, for 15 minutes, the bitter taste goes away ... So I did ...

After the soak, I dried them with paper towels and followed the recipe ...

My husband loved them ...

These will be my new friend!

Have someone tried boiling turnips and add them to a soup to get a "like potatoe" texture?


Sussie, I am glad your family was supportive and happy for your weight loss ....

Have a great week everybody!
orlando2002 is offline  
Old 04-12-2009, 07:41 PM   #208
Senior LCF Member
 
Jeffery's girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Alabama
Posts: 154
Gallery: Jeffery's girl
Stats: 219.4/189/140
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: February 09,2009
AHHHH Susie, So glad to have you back posting again.I've been more than a little bummed out by some of the post lately. Your bouncey personality and encouraging words are like a breath of fresh air.I'm sure I speak for more than myself when I say , "you were missed!"

Sherrie

Last edited by Jeffery's girl; 04-12-2009 at 08:01 PM..
Jeffery's girl is offline  
Old 04-12-2009, 07:47 PM   #209
Senior LCF Member
 
Jeffery's girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Alabama
Posts: 154
Gallery: Jeffery's girl
Stats: 219.4/189/140
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: February 09,2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlando2002 View Post
Hello everyone, Happy Easter ....!

I made the fries turnips today and they were yummmyyyyy. Never had turnips before.

When I peled them, they smell weird and I looked in the internet they have a bitter taste. I started to research and found if you let them soak in water, with splenda and a little of half and half or heavy cream, for 15 minutes, the bitter taste goes away ... So I did ...

After the soak, I dried them with paper towels and followed the recipe ...

My husband loved them ...

These will be my new friend!

Have someone tried boiling turnips and add them to a soup to get a "like potatoe" texture?


Sussie, I am glad your family was supportive and happy for your weight loss ....

Have a great week everybody!
Hey, I printed a recipe that suggested soaking the turnips in a solution of 1/2 cream&1/2 water for 2-3 hours before cooking. I just peeled fresh firm turnips and thin sliced like fries and baked. Next time I'll try soaking.They are good anyway.
Sherrie
Jeffery's girl is offline  
Old 04-12-2009, 08:45 PM   #210
Major LCF Poster!
 
Desert-Rose7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 1,478
Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
Welcome back Susie! Can't wait to see the new pictures!

Hope everyone enjoyed the Easter celebrations!


Jo
Desert-Rose7 is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:27 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.