Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2009, 11:39 AM   #151
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyk08 View Post
hey everyone... still trying to find out about string cheese in first week...is it allowed?
its only 9:30am day two and i've had 100 cal so far lots of water and coffee...feeling very tired- little motivation and worried if I can do this for a whole week. I have a toddler and am so worried I'm going to pass out, or not be able to keep up with him...
i think i'm focusing on the thought that "it's only day two and I already feel weak...and it's supposed to get worse in a couple of days, how am I going to do this"...
any encouragement???
jennyk08~
I, too, will refer you to the Newbie Week 1 thread as it contains a lot of helpful hints and tips for Week 1. Week 1 is the most difficult week and once you are through it, the rest is far easier.

In the materials given you by the clinic, there is a sample menu for week 1 to give you some ideas as to what is allowed. There is absolutely no mention of string cheese. I know I did not add it to my shopping list until week 2.

Be careful with the coffee also. It can dehydrate you, just when you really need hydration the most. Your body is going through a huge change and it takes time to get used to the lack of carbohydrates and sugar.

And as Sherrie has stated, you are looking to lose a smaller amount of weight than many of us in here, and that may impact how you are feeling as well. I would suggest calling your clinic and asking their advice also.

The main thing to remember that this is a lifestyle change, rather than a diet. Your body and your mind need time to get used to it. That is why week 1 is so difficult. Once you realize that it IS a lifestyle change, your mind will accept it and you can go on from there. You are doing this for you, no one else. That is the one of the first things, beyond doing this for yourself, to accept.

Jo

Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-2009, 11:45 AM   #152
Major LCF Poster!

WTG, Susie!

You did a great job travelling and staying on plan! Congrats!

Hang in there, McBoo! You are on your way back. We are all happy you
are doing so well!

Jo
Old 04-09-2009, 12:18 PM   #153
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SDC2
Stats: 5' 7.5" 218/150/155 Maintenance
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: November 20, 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by McBoo View Post
Great job Susie
and to all the other losers this week.

McBoo

I will try to post more often but I am trying to get caught up from being out of work. Treadmill is still boring but I have decided it is better than nothing. Slowly building up the time and incline. I may try to run a little today when I go and see how it feels.

Good luck to all.

McBoo

P.S. Susie your new pic looks great.
McBoo,

We've missed you. I'm so glad you are back.

Susie
Old 04-09-2009, 01:05 PM   #154
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jeffery's girl
Stats: 219.4/189/140
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: February 09,2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDC2 View Post
I just got back from my weigh-in. Down 1.2 pounds. Not bad for a week of eating out.

Susie
great work susie! The last time we went into our favorite steak place my husband asked them not to bring any rolls and I ordered grilled chicken with grilled veggies. It was such a challenge just being in the restraunt. You have accomplished a 1.2 pound loss and ate out for a week! WOW way to stick with the program.
BTW Your new picture looks beautiful. What a change!
Sherrie
Old 04-09-2009, 01:14 PM   #155
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Tcrow47
Stats: 242.5/199/185
WOE: Medi-Weight Loss
Start Date: March 25, 2009
Hi, Folks!

So..In going over my numbers from yesterdays weigh-in it appears that I lost 8 lbs of fat but gained 5.4 pounds of "water-weight." Is this normal? What should I do to reduce water weight with this program? Am I doing something wrong? 128 Ounces of water a day is 8.34 pounds of water. Most of that is passed out. How do I keep from retaining water?

Also, to Jo...

Thanks for the advice on the veggies. The Greens idea sounds great and, you're right, I LOVE mustard and collard greens. New problem though...now in week three I'm able to have a single serving of fruit. Well, had a single small apple at lunch and, once again, am kicked out of Ketosis. Are there those of us who just cannot be exposed to carbs in order to maintain?

Any advice form anyone will be appreciated. The clinic folks haven't been real helpful. When I ask, I get pre-programmed answers but little real information.

Thanks in advance...

Troy

"Alles Gorgeatuum sic subjuctatus nunc!
Old 04-09-2009, 01:26 PM   #156
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Tcrow47
Stats: 242.5/199/185
Start Date: March 25, 2009
And one other thing....

Other than McBoo, McChestnut, and myself, how many here are male?

Troy
Old 04-09-2009, 01:37 PM   #157
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: susan1234
Stats: 248-218-not sure,mini goal is 200
WOE: medi
Start Date: 03-07-09
I just got back from my weight in and i only lost 1lb kind of bummed. thought i would have done better.Its my sixth week and i only lost 21lbs is that normal? Is that good? Feel a little disappointed. Ready to go eat everything.
Old 04-09-2009, 01:48 PM   #158
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: CattyCat
Stats: 182/169/135
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 4/2/09
Had my first week follow-up visit and weigh in today... lost 8.2 pounds... trying not to beat myself up nor worry about the fact that only 0.6 of that was fat, 5.6 was water and the rest was lean body mass. So I'm happy with the loss but not necessarily with the actual stats. Lost 2" off my waist, which is very cool.

Not to discount anyone else's experience AT ALL, since we're all individuals and we all experience things differently... but I have to say that I found week one relatively easy, in comparison to what I was expecting from reading some of the posts here. I had myself psyched up for the torturous week from h3ll, and by comparison it was a cakewalk. I feel truly blessed to have had zero cravings and not to have been hungry this past week. I've had to force myself a couple of days to get in all my calories. I had one semi-bad early evening, on Saturday, but I ascribed that more to my really stressful and depressing day and hectic pace than to the diet.

I do have to say that I'm looking forward to some green beans tonight, and some broccoli and strawberries this weekend...
Old 04-09-2009, 02:18 PM   #159
Major LCF Poster!

Troy~
Both fruit and veggies have the capacity to toss you out of ketosis, but you will find that you will pop back in. I also fall out of ketosis on days that I do an ultra serious workout. Look at your materials that you got when you first signed on to the program. It tells you that you CAN be in ketosis and not have it register. It does happen.

Try not to stress on the numbers. I pay attention to the weight loss, the BMI and the fat loss. You need to be hydrated in order for those little fat cells to split apart and be washed out of your system.

And to susan1234....you LOST weight. Concentrate on the loss factor not on how MUCH you lost. As long as the numbers keep going down, you are going in the right direction.You have not included your starting weight/current weight/goal weight, so I cannot comment on how well you are doing.

Jo

Last edited by Desert-Rose7; 04-09-2009 at 02:19 PM..
Old 04-09-2009, 02:25 PM   #160
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: McBoo
Stats: 216/140/140 Now on Maintainance
WOE: Medi Weightloss Clinics
Start Date: June 17, 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcrow47 View Post
Hi, Folks!

So..In going over my numbers from yesterdays weigh-in it appears that I lost 8 lbs of fat but gained 5.4 pounds of "water-weight." Is this normal? What should I do to reduce water weight with this program? Am I doing something wrong? 128 Ounces of water a day is 8.34 pounds of water. Most of that is passed out. How do I keep from retaining water?

Also, to Jo...

Thanks for the advice on the veggies. The Greens idea sounds great and, you're right, I LOVE mustard and collard greens. New problem though...now in week three I'm able to have a single serving of fruit. Well, had a single small apple at lunch and, once again, am kicked out of Ketosis. Are there those of us who just cannot be exposed to carbs in order to maintain?

Any advice form anyone will be appreciated. The clinic folks haven't been real helpful. When I ask, I get pre-programmed answers but little real information.

Thanks in advance...

Troy
Troy,

How is your sodium intake. If you are getting too much sodium you will retain water easily. Make sure you check every label. A little here and a little there add up very quickly.

McBoo
Old 04-09-2009, 03:30 PM   #161
Major LCF Poster!

Yes indeed, sodium can waylay the best laid plans of men AND women. It truly is amazing how much there actually is in some foods. Look at the list of ingredients in ADDITION to the nutritional data. For example, Dasani water lists salt as an ingredient but not in the nutritional data. A friend pointed that out to me, and it actually went a long way to explain why I was alway a little thirsty even after drinking a whole bottle! Their info says it is there for "flavor" and "taste".

Also anything that is sodium "something" is a salt. Kind of insidious really!

And there is natural sodium in fruits and vegetable too. Gee, I feel like the sodium detective! One mg of sodium in a medium apple, not much at all, but it is there!

This little website has some interesting info on sodium in fruit:
Sodium in Fruits

Off to find more sodium...this time veggies!

Jo
Old 04-09-2009, 06:11 PM   #162
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: grettagirl
Stats: 193/121.6/130
WOE: mediweightloss
Start Date: 1/30/09
Week 9

I weighed in today and lost 2.3 lbs. Almost made it into the 150's, but I know it will happen next weigh in! I have the same problem as Troy with slipping in and out of ketosis when I eat certain approved veggies, but as long as I continue to lose weight, I am not going to get crazy over it. I am so happy to see all the new members, and everyone else, of course, doing so wellMChestnut I love WII fit too, it is a fun workout! Susie great job with managing your week and weightloss WTG!!McBoo, glad that you are feeling better and still wanting to exercise so soon ! You are amazing!Rhonda, great job !
Old 04-09-2009, 07:32 PM   #163
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: CurleyQ
Stats: 260/220/160
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 3/22/09
Question re:carbs & fat

I will ask at my next visit, but I was never told the max number of carbs and fat I could have each day. I have been really close to 20g carbs and most days around 5-10g fat. Can anyone share what they have been told? Thanks!
Old 04-09-2009, 08:30 PM   #164
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Fuelin'MyDreams
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: 2/11/09
Someone asked about the "Guilt Free Almond Cookies" in the recipe thread. I made them last week, and IMO it needs to be tweaked. Next time I would use half the Splenda & then add some orange or lemon zest to cut the bite of the Splenda aftertaste. I was surprised... It really makes a cookie!

Also, I use Susie's crab cake recipe all of the time & everyone LOVES them. I love the pork loin recipe, too.

I acquired some PB2, and I have to say... totally worth it!

As far a Miracle Noodles, I have bought some, but haven't tried them. I have used the Shirataki from Publix & I LOVE them. I rinse them for a couple of minutes until the fishy smell is gone. Then, soak them in water & a splash of plain vinegar for 20 minutes. Next, I rinse them again until the vinegar smell is gone. Instead of microwaving them, I run them under super-hot water until "edible". Finally, I mix them with a no-sugar spaghetti sauce (usually with venison meat). The noodles will soak up the flavors of the other ingredients. So good!!

As far a my weigh in... I lost another 2.6lbs for a total of 20.5 in 8 weeks... YEAH!
Old 04-10-2009, 02:55 AM   #165
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ash347
WOE: Medi
Start Date: March 20,09
I weighed in today.. lost 2.4 lbs! More than i thought since it is TOM and i was really worried about water retention. my water was up two lbs... so i guess they said i lost more than i thought! horray! but i am starting to get bored with the food! Any Suggestions?
Thanks! way to go medi losers!
Ashley
Old 04-10-2009, 04:03 AM   #166
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: CurleyQ
Stats: 260/220/160
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 3/22/09
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash347 View Post
I weighed in today.. lost 2.4 lbs! More than i thought since it is TOM and i was really worried about water retention. my water was up two lbs... so i guess they said i lost more than i thought! horray! but i am starting to get bored with the food! Any Suggestions?
Thanks! way to go medi losers!
Ashley
Congrats on the loss, Ash! As for the food boredom - have you tried making some of the recipes in the recipe thread? or tweaking your favorites to be medi compliant? I have been trying a new recipe about every day/every other day and that has really helped me to keep it interesting.
Old 04-10-2009, 04:24 AM   #167
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jenosojnicki
Stats: 358/324/?
WOE: Medi-Weightloss Clinic
Start Date: 3/20/09
Weighed in last night...lost 3.6 so my 3 week toal is 21 pds! Everyone is noticing which really keeps me going
Old 04-10-2009, 05:14 AM   #168
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: crobyninc
Stats: 335/243/180
WOE: Low carb and watching calories
Start Date: March 9 2009
Good Job everyone on the losses this week. We are all doing so good.

Jenosojnicki, I went to your website and your pics are just amazing! We need to keep each other motivated as we are very similar in weights and have a long losing process ahead of us! I am feeling so good, I don't want to stop. I really love this WOE and can't wait until the scale shows 299 - a major goal - since I can't remember when I was under 300....

Hope everyone has a very beautiful weekend!
Old 04-10-2009, 05:25 AM   #169
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dodgern
Stats: 236/150.6/140- now on maintenance
Start Date: 2/26/09
Hey All!

Had my weigh-in yesterday-was going to post then but it's been a short but rough week.

I lost 1.4lbs only 0.1 was fat?? I love this scale

Not bad considering its almost my TOM.

to all the "losers" this week!

My back is much better now but found out that I have a small tear in the muscle in my shoulder too much raking I guess

Anyways, I didn't know being in your 40s could cause soooo many issues

I ordered those miracle noodles and I'm waiting for them to arrive..my husband is sooo looking forward to them coming He's been avoiding pasta since his blood sugars have been bouncing around-it's been hard on him.

Hope everyone has a great Easter!!!

Cindy
Old 04-10-2009, 05:28 AM   #170
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dodgern
Stats: 236/150.6/140- now on maintenance
Start Date: 2/26/09
Quote:
Originally Posted by susan1234 View Post
I just got back from my weight in and i only lost 1lb kind of bummed. thought i would have done better.Its my sixth week and i only lost 21lbs is that normal? Is that good? Feel a little disappointed. Ready to go eat everything.

Hey Susan,

Any weight loss is good and 21lbs in 6 weeks??? how many other diets have you tried that does that for you?

Stick with it and congrats on your progress!!

Cindy
Old 04-10-2009, 05:40 AM   #171
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mchestnut
Stats: 248/188/180
Start Date: Nov 22,2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcrow47 View Post
Hi, Folks!

Also, to Jo...

Thanks in advance...

Troy
Troy,

I hope that I can help, I have the same problem with water weight. I have always been one to hold water, but without knowing more about your intake it could be a number of things. It sounds like you are getting plenty of water so try to keep track of your caffeine and sodium intake. Also are you working out, cardio or weight lifting, this has also affected my water retention since muscle weight can hold more water. Let me know it looks like our goals are very similar, stay focused on the body fat loss, you are doing great.
Old 04-10-2009, 06:52 AM   #172
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jenosojnicki
Stats: 358/324/?
WOE: Medi-Weightloss Clinic
Start Date: 3/20/09
Quote:
Originally Posted by crobyninc View Post
Good Job everyone on the losses this week. We are all doing so good.

Jenosojnicki, I went to your website and your pics are just amazing! We need to keep each other motivated as we are very similar in weights and have a long losing process ahead of us! I am feeling so good, I don't want to stop. I really love this WOE and can't wait until the scale shows 299 - a major goal - since I can't remember when I was under 300....

Hope everyone has a very beautiful weekend!
Thank you for compliment. I think I can really improve my photography when I lose more weight. I got great news yesterday when I went to the clinic. Even though i am 337 I only need to lose 95 more pounds to get to to the right fat range. I am tall and have an incredible amount of muscle.
I really feel like I am starting my life over. I was doing football drills this morning at the trainer....I could not have done them 21 pds ago. My house is cleaner, I am doing projects around the house. Ok I 'll stop now...sorry I am just so pumped!

Jen
Old 04-10-2009, 08:43 AM   #173
Senior LCF Member

weight loss

Today was another weekly weigh in. Down only 1 lbs and down 2lbs in water. Body fat is up but waist is down 1/4 inch. Geeze these numbers can drive a person crazy LOL. Oh well, 8 lbs to go until final phase.
Old 04-10-2009, 08:59 AM   #174
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: nc-hoosier
Stats: 6 ft. 204/154.5 2nd Time 167
WOE: Medi Weightloss Clinic
Start Date: Original Start Date: 2/2/09 Restart 1/29/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyboyst View Post
I had my first weigh in this morning and lost 8.8 pounds!!

Things are going great, I just added a half serving of veggies today, they were the best green beans I ever had!!
babyboyst, I am in Charlotte too. I have been going to the Southpark (on Providence Rd) clinic since February. This is a great program and the staff at the clinic are all very helpful! Good luck with your weight loss.
Old 04-10-2009, 09:13 AM   #175
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pjg24fan
Stats: 260.5/199/150
Start Date: 2/5/09
Back from weigh in and lost 5.4 WOO HOO
Total 35.9-In a new number and it feels great!
WTG to all the losers this week

McBoo
Glad you are feeling better but take it slow
Happy Easter everyone!
Old 04-10-2009, 09:21 AM   #176
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pjg24fan
Stats: 260.5/199/150
Start Date: 2/5/09
Quote:
Originally Posted by roev210 View Post
First of all HAPPY DAY, I am on vacation!!!! HOORAY

Second I went to get weighed in and down another 2.6 lbs. I was thrilled to be under 180 and that was my goal. Next goal 175.? that would be great.
To everyone have a great week.
WTG-- enjoy your time off!
Old 04-10-2009, 10:51 AM   #177
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: McBoo
Stats: 216/140/140 Now on Maintainance
WOE: Medi Weightloss Clinics
Start Date: June 17, 2008
Great job Grettagrl, Mchestnut, Phyllis and Rhonda.

Mchestnut you are getting so close now. It shouldn;t be long before you start maintainance

McBoo
Old 04-10-2009, 12:00 PM   #178
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBoo View Post
Great job Grettagrl, Mchestnut, Phyllis and Rhonda.

Mchestnut you are getting so close now. It shouldn;t be long before you start maintainance

McBoo
Thanks McBoo I want to get there by the end of the month, but it may take a bit longer. I appreciate all the support
Old 04-10-2009, 12:46 PM   #179
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Doobz
Stats: 178/154/152
Start Date: 2/28/09
I am getting really frustrated with the diet right now. This is my 6th week on the diet and I am not losing any more

The past 4 weeks I have lost a total of 2lbs.... I really am not sure what to do. I have given up on ketosis, everytime I eat a veggie/fruit I get kicked out.

I am happy to see that everyone is losing... I really am!! I would like whatever advice you have to give, so that I can be happy for me too! I do not know what I am missing. So any tricks that you have or anything that you have done to pull your self out of a rut would be greatly appreciated!

PLEASE HELP!!!!!
Old 04-10-2009, 01:52 PM   #180
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Krissy66
Stats: I'm not overweight, I'm undertall
WOE: (VSG 11/28/12)
Start Date: June, 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doobz View Post
I am getting really frustrated with the diet right now. This is my 6th week on the diet and I am not losing any more

The past 4 weeks I have lost a total of 2lbs.... I really am not sure what to do. I have given up on ketosis, everytime I eat a veggie/fruit I get kicked out.

I am happy to see that everyone is losing... I really am!! I would like whatever advice you have to give, so that I can be happy for me too! I do not know what I am missing. So any tricks that you have or anything that you have done to pull your self out of a rut would be greatly appreciated!

PLEASE HELP!!!!!
You are pretty close to goal...perhaps you have a new setpoint in your metabolic rate. Go easy on yourself. Fruits really mess with your weight loss. Keep those very low carb/low glycemic--strawberries, blueberries and rasberries are good choices. Keep veggies low glycemic as well. Stick with the diuretic type choices- asparagus, green leafy ones. Drink your water. Take it easy on added salt. Stalls can last for weeks. Try going back to your induction menu--that may work.
Closed Thread