Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2009, 09:34 AM   #91
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by DML0813 View Post
Went in for my weigh in after week 1 - lost 6.8 pounds. Doing the program at home is getting easier. Having a hard time in work related meetings where there is food. Went off plan twice.

First time, there was absolutely nothing available that was on plan.

Second time, had a meeting at a hotel and they served a buffet lunch. They did have salmon, which was good. Not quite sure how the pasta got onto my plate though.

Fortunately, I didn't go out of ketosis either time.

Anyone have strategies to share when you have to attend a meeting where there's food???
I always bring my own food to work anyway, so bringing it along for off-site as well as on-site meetings was not difficult. My associates all know that I am working my program so they are compassionate and understanding. If there is something served that is medi-compliant, it is all good, if not, my food is in my briefcase. Working in corporate travel, vendors and meetings are a fact of life. So is my program.
I find that co-existence is definitely possible. So, brown bag it, you will feel so much better! If someone asks me about it, I am happy to explain.

Jo

Sponsored Links
Old 04-06-2009, 10:19 AM   #92
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Doobz
Stats: 178/154/152
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 2/28/09
Jbiggars63,

The Crystal light really had that much impact. Cause I drink the 128oz a day and follow the plan but for the past 3 weeks have lost a total of 2lbs

What else do you drink? Is the splenda the problem? Do diet sodas count as part of the 128oz? I make lemonade with splenda in it, would that be the issue? I want to try to make whatever alterations I can, I would like to lose 1-2lbs a week at least.

Any advice on things that people have done that has made them lose more?
Old 04-06-2009, 10:28 AM   #93
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: roev210
Stats: 211
WOE: just lose it with Berta
Start Date: November 27, 2010
Venting

Hi All,

Went to my brother & sister in laws house for my niece's sweet 16. Informal in the house no big deal. I haven't seen them since Christmas. Not one person said anything to me about how much weight I lost (all most 30lbs) and it was a bit depressing. My husband tells me that its because they never saw me as heavy but, come on I look in the mirror and I saw that person. Now when I look in the mirror I see a changed person. Not the same, what is wrong with people. Ok that's it I got it off my chest and I can move on. Thanks, Rhonda
Old 04-06-2009, 11:20 AM   #94
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ash347
WOE: Medi
Start Date: March 20,09
quick question for the ladies!

Does anyone notice a hunger difference or weight loss difference during TOM? I just want to be prepared...
Thanks!
Ashley
Old 04-06-2009, 11:21 AM   #95
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Krissy66
Stats: I'm not overweight, I'm undertall
WOE: (VSG 11/28/12)
Start Date: June, 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by roev210 View Post
Hi All,

Went to my brother & sister in laws house for my niece's sweet 16. Informal in the house no big deal. I haven't seen them since Christmas. Not one person said anything to me about how much weight I lost (all most 30lbs) and it was a bit depressing. My husband tells me that its because they never saw me as heavy but, come on I look in the mirror and I saw that person. Now when I look in the mirror I see a changed person. Not the same, what is wrong with people. Ok that's it I got it off my chest and I can move on. Thanks, Rhonda
Here's the thing in a nutshell....envy! First question is....are they heavy? If they are...misery loves company, not an over-achiever! Don't let them get you down. Your husband sounds sweet. Unfortunately, I am more jaded and cynical. I felt the same way around some of my family and friends. But guess what? I am not losing for them. I am losing for me. Keep up the good work!!!!
Old 04-06-2009, 11:26 AM   #96
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jeffery's girl
Stats: 219.4/189/140
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: February 09,2009
[QUOTE=roev210;11797375]Hi All,

Went to my brother & sister in laws house for my niece's sweet 16. Informal in the house no big deal. I haven't seen them since Christmas. Not one person said anything to me about how much weight I lost (all most 30lbs) and it was a bit depressing. My husband tells me that its because they never saw me as heavy but, come on I look in the mirror and I saw that person. Now when I look in the mirror I see a changed person. Not the same, what is wrong with people. Ok that's it I got it off my chest and I can move on.

Rhonda, I know you have worked hard to lose your weight and even though your success does not depend on the approval of others it would be nice to be encouraged by family. People get used to seeing us a certain way and when we start to make positive changes it can cause anexity in some. It is silly but change makes some uncomfortable. Hang in there!
Sherrie
Old 04-06-2009, 11:28 AM   #97
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash347 View Post
Does anyone notice a hunger difference or weight loss difference during TOM? I just want to be prepared...
Thanks!
Ashley
OH YES! Cravings, bloating and not as much energy. Drink extra water it may help. Sherrie
Old 04-06-2009, 11:33 AM   #98
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Hi All,

Rhonda
I think Krissy hit the nail right on the head. Heavy or not, family sometimes just doesn't respond as we might like them to. Even my friends (who know I am on the program) took a while to notice. Several of them just did not know what to say. And that's okay with me. I know that I am doing this for myself and not for them. Hang in there, you are doing a great job!

Jo
Old 04-06-2009, 11:37 AM   #99
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jbiggars63
Stats: 493/192/193
Start Date: 1/23/2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doobz View Post
Jbiggars63,

The Crystal light really had that much impact. Cause I drink the 128oz a day and follow the plan but for the past 3 weeks have lost a total of 2lbs

What else do you drink? Is the splenda the problem? Do diet sodas count as part of the 128oz? I make lemonade with splenda in it, would that be the issue? I want to try to make whatever alterations I can, I would like to lose 1-2lbs a week at least.

Any advice on things that people have done that has made them lose more?

I have not heard anything negative about Splenda but have heard plenty about aspertame. The only way you will truly know is to try living with out the Crystal Light for a week and drink only water and decaf tea too see what happens. I drink a lot of Smart Water which has electolytes in it. If you must have something other than water and tea then my next choice would be diet sodas made with Splenda.
Old 04-06-2009, 12:16 PM   #100
Major LCF Poster!

Walmart also has a sparkling water called Clear American. It does have aspartame in it, but so far it has not impacted weight loss. I usually just have one a day, if that. Mostly water (with fresh lemon juice now and then), green tea. The Clear American has zero anything...just the aspartame.

I pulled the nutritional data for Crystal Light SF lemonade:
Serving Size 2g
Servings per Container about 32
Amount Per ServingCalories 5
Calories from Fat % Daily Value*
Total Fat 0g 0 %
Trans Fat 0g 0 %
Sodium 35mg 1 %
Total Carbohydrate 0g 0 %
Sugars 0g Protein 0g

Here is the Kraft website which has the data for all the CL products:
http://www.kraftfoods.com/kf/Product...uct=4300095023

I looked at the sodium count as well. If you would be using CL in ALL of your 128 oz of water, then you are getting quite a bit, if you consider a serving as 8 oz..right around 560mg of additional sodium, so that probably does not help either in addition to the sodium in everything else you consume. The product also lists ACESULFAME POTASSIUM as a sweetener as well. (As does the Walmart Clear American). Both the sweetener and the sodium may have a lot to do with the issue. I am just not totally certain. I agree with Jon on going a week without the CL and see what happens.

I have heard nothing about Splenda or stevia (Truvia). Try lemon or lime juice in the water. No calories, no sweeteners. I keep lemons and limes in the house all the time. (lots of friends with citrus trees!).

Watch your bottled waters also. Example, Dasani lists 35mg of sodium, but also lists SALT as one of the top ingredients.

One thing is true, on this program, I have become darn near obsessive in reading labels on grocery items!

Jo
Old 04-06-2009, 01:25 PM   #101
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jbiggars63
Stats: 493/192/193
Start Date: 1/23/2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert-Rose7 View Post
Walmart also has a sparkling water called Clear American. It does have aspartame in it, but so far it has not impacted weight loss. I usually just have one a day, if that. Mostly water (with fresh lemon juice now and then), green tea. The Clear American has zero anything...just the aspartame.

I pulled the nutritional data for Crystal Light SF lemonade:
Serving Size 2g
Servings per Container about 32
Amount Per ServingCalories 5
Calories from Fat % Daily Value*
Total Fat 0g 0 %
Trans Fat 0g 0 %
Sodium 35mg 1 %
Total Carbohydrate 0g 0 %
Sugars 0g Protein 0g

Here is the Kraft website which has the data for all the CL products:
http://www.kraftfoods.com/kf/Product...uct=4300095023

I looked at the sodium count as well. If you would be using CL in ALL of your 128 oz of water, then you are getting quite a bit, if you consider a serving as 8 oz..right around 560mg of additional sodium, so that probably does not help either in addition to the sodium in everything else you consume. The product also lists ACESULFAME POTASSIUM as a sweetener as well. (As does the Walmart Clear American). Both the sweetener and the sodium may have a lot to do with the issue. I am just not totally certain. I agree with Jon on going a week without the CL and see what happens.

I have heard nothing about Splenda or stevia (Truvia). Try lemon or lime juice in the water. No calories, no sweeteners. I keep lemons and limes in the house all the time. (lots of friends with citrus trees!).

Watch your bottled waters also. Example, Dasani lists 35mg of sodium, but also lists SALT as one of the top ingredients.

One thing is true, on this program, I have become darn near obsessive in reading labels on grocery items!

Jo

Your right! Obsessive label reading should be listed as a byproduct of our diet! WOW! I didn't know the lemonade had so much sodium! I usually had the green tea or peach mango green tea which lists 10 mg sodium in each packet which I used in 20 oz smart waters so X 7 bottles a day is 70mg which isn't bad. I count sodium and usually stay in the 1300 - 1800 range and never go over 2400. I still drink Crystal Light but limit myself to one a day.
Old 04-06-2009, 02:33 PM   #102
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: crobyninc
Stats: 335/243/180
WOE: Low carb and watching calories
Start Date: March 9 2009
Hi Guys,

Your posts are truely interesting to me this week, as I gained 0.4 pounds. Today started my TOM, so that is probably the issue. My Fat loss for the week is 3.6 pounds, but I don't really count that as I feel it is a bit of hokus pokus, just my thoughts, please don't take any offense if you are tracking yours.

The clinics solution for me this week is to go back to all protein. No veggies. I am also going to really watch salt intake and try to just do whole foods only.

I had a great week. No cheating with all meals in the 435 to 556 calorie range. Drank more than the 128 oz of water everyday. Walked at least 45 minutes everyday and on staturday cleaned our pool deck for 3 solid hours and then cleaned the house for 2 hours on Sunday.

So this week should be interesting. Off to do some obcessive Label Reading - LOL
Old 04-06-2009, 03:03 PM   #103
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crobyninc View Post
Hi Guys,

Your posts are truely interesting to me this week, as I gained 0.4 pounds. Today started my TOM, so that is probably the issue. My Fat loss for the week is 3.6 pounds, but I don't really count that as I feel it is a bit of hokus pokus, just my thoughts, please don't take any offense if you are tracking yours.

The clinics solution for me this week is to go back to all protein. No veggies. I am also going to really watch salt intake and try to just do whole foods only.

I had a great week. No cheating with all meals in the 435 to 556 calorie range. Drank more than the 128 oz of water everyday. Walked at least 45 minutes everyday and on staturday cleaned our pool deck for 3 solid hours and then cleaned the house for 2 hours on Sunday.

So this week should be interesting. Off to do some obcessive Label Reading - LOL
If your body is still in ketosis you should not have to go back to all protein. Just stick to what you are doing, your weight is coming off fast!
TOM is a loss buster for most of the women I know.
You are doing great.
Sherrie
Old 04-06-2009, 03:11 PM   #104
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mchestnut
Stats: 248/188/180
WOE: Medi-Weight Loss
Start Date: Nov 22,2008
Quote:
Hi All,

same thing happen to my wife, but she is now getting so many compliments. I think it shows differently on women then men, but usually when you are in the 30 lbs loss range people start to really notice. Hang in there what really matters is how you feel, but It does feel great when people notice.
Old 04-06-2009, 03:54 PM   #105
Major LCF Poster!

Mark~
That is really very very true. Close friends noticed right away. Others really did not begin to notice till I got to about 35 lbs. Now they all notice. And I imagine that as I get closer and closer to my goal weight, it will happen more often.

I also think that sometimes family sees you as they "expect" to see you, rather than the way you are. It is really wierd. My niece, who lives in California, sees me as I am, but her Mom, my sister, who lives in Washington, hardly notices. And they are both looking at the same picture!

The key here is: the person you really need to please is yourself. If you are happy with yourself, then it's all good!

Jo
Old 04-06-2009, 05:06 PM   #106
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: rehmed
Stats: 234.4/219.6/130
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 3/17/09
A bit depressed

I went in for my third weigh-in today and was really disappointed to have only lost 1.6 pounds. The clinic tried to encourage me by pointing out that I lost 3.6 pounds of fat this week, my muscle mass was higher, but my water weight was up which accounted for only being down 1.6.

I ate on plan this week and never went out of ketosis and also really started exercising. I think my downfall was not drinking enough water. My clinic says it is ok to drink diet cola but I am really starting to question if that is hampering me. This weekend I drank almost a 12 pack of tab (saccharin sweetened, not aspartame) and only about 60 ounces of water.

Has anyone else had problems losing weight when not drinking enough water and/or drinking diet soda?

Any insight would be helpful.
Old 04-06-2009, 05:10 PM   #107
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mathteacher
Stats: 207.5/159/140
Start Date: 2-2-08
Just got back from my weigh-in and am a little upset with myself this week. I have lost roughly 2.5 pounds each week since I started. This week due to some bad decisions over the weekend, I only lost a 1.5 pounds. We leave for our cruise on Saturday, so I am going to go two weeks until my next appointment. I am half way to my starting goal. We are going to reevaluate when I get to 140 if I need to go any lower. I am not going to even consider going lower until I get there. We are going to my in-laws for the 4th of July and I pray that I am at 140 then.

On another note. My students see me every day and they did not say anything to me about my weight loss until I was down 30 pounds. I could see a difference, which is what matters to me these days. I feel good and can keep up with my 5 year old who has ADHD, which is a huge step. He use to run circles around me.
Week 11: 179.0 Week 12: 171.5 Week 13: 170.5
Week 14: 169.5 Week 15: 165.6 Week 18: 161.5
Week 20: 159.0
"I am changing my life one day at a time."
Old 04-06-2009, 07:14 PM   #108
Major LCF Poster!

Mathteacher~
Do not be discouraged! You ARE losing, whether high or low, you ARE losing. And be sure to remember McBoo's advice about food on the cruise. Go right to the dining room Maitre'd and let him/her know that you are on a special program. I guarantee you they will do everything possible to assist you. Working in travel as long as I have, I used to notify the cruise line on behalf of my clients if there were special dietary needs and without exception, they all were marvelous. Just beware of the midnight buffets and the alcohol. And you will be fine!

Beth~
I have dropped down on my weight loss a bit because I have pushed up the intensity of my workouts. I am going to either have to cut back a bit on the exercise or up the carb count on exercise days. But do not be discouraged. The water is terrifically important. Too much diet soda can be hurtful. Caffeinated sodas are just as hurtful as too much coffee or tea. Try putting lemon or lime juice in your water, or try sparkling waters too. I have found that I really have no taste for diet soda anymore. And I used to have at least one diet sprite a day. No more. Hang in there, girl, you CAN do this!

Jo

Last edited by Desert-Rose7; 04-06-2009 at 07:19 PM..
Old 04-06-2009, 07:50 PM   #109
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: roev210
Stats: 211
WOE: just lose it with Berta
Start Date: November 27, 2010
Thank you!!!!

To Sherrie, Krissy, Jo & Mchestnut

Thank you, you guys make me feel great!!!
Old 04-06-2009, 07:54 PM   #110
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kater422
Stats: 183/167/150
Start Date: 8/3/2009
Hi, Everyone. I have been lurking and am impressed with everyone's losses. I am considering this but the nearest clinic is 60 miles away. How often do you go in for appointments with the clinic? Also, the low calories have me a little nervous. Are you hungry all of the time?

Thanks!
Old 04-06-2009, 08:20 PM   #111
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mathteacher
Stats: 207.5/159/140
Start Date: 2-2-08
Quote:
Originally Posted by kater422 View Post
Hi, Everyone. I have been lurking and am impressed with everyone's losses. I am considering this but the nearest clinic is 60 miles away. How often do you go in for appointments with the clinic? Also, the low calories have me a little nervous. Are you hungry all of the time?

Thanks!
I go once a week. The clinic I go to is 30 minutes away, but it has been completely worth going. I am never hungry.
Old 04-06-2009, 08:27 PM   #112
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: orlando2002
Stats: 217/177/160
WOE: Medi Weight loss clinic
Start Date: 3/11/09
Hi Kate, I go twice a week to the clinic. One visit is to follow up (weigh in, talk to the doctor, shots, etc) second visit is just for the shot (free). The clinic is just 3 miles from my house.
If you can go at least once a week, will be great.
I was worried about the low calorie diet too, let me tell you something .... now I have to be sure I eat all my calories, because I am not hungry at all and you need to eat at least your 500 protein calories.
Don't be worry about the low calorie diet, the pills will do their job!

Good luck!
Old 04-07-2009, 07:47 AM   #113
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kbhayward
Stats: 193/165.5/150
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: restart 3/30/12
So far for April, I have lost 1.6 pounds. I was a little discouraged with the 1.6 pounds , but it did put me at single digits towards my goal! They told me that it would come off a little slower now that I am so close to goal.

Last edited by kbhayward; 04-07-2009 at 07:49 AM..
Old 04-07-2009, 10:44 AM   #114
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: babyboyst
Stats: 5'11" 238/165/180???
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: April 1st, 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbhayward View Post
So far for April, I have lost 1.6 pounds. I was a little discouraged with the 1.6 pounds , but it did put me at single digits towards my goal! They told me that it would come off a little slower now that I am so close to goal.
That's great! I see you are in Charlotte, me too! what clinic do you go to, we'll have to keep eachother motivated! I would love to get any help/advice you have to offer, you are doing amazingly well!!

Last edited by babyboyst; 04-07-2009 at 11:22 AM..
Old 04-07-2009, 01:16 PM   #115
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kbhayward
Stats: 193/165.5/150
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: restart 3/30/12
babyboyst, I go to ballantyne. What about you? I have lost 47 pounds in 16 weeks. I see you just started. Hope it is going well for you.
Old 04-07-2009, 07:06 PM   #116
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Lorieloo
Stats: 162/137.5/130
WOE: medi-weightloss
Start Date: march 2009
good news- my nut-eating frenzy didn't matter too much- i lost 2.5 pnds last week! yipee...feeling much better now! 17.5 pounds since march 10th!!!
Old 04-07-2009, 07:42 PM   #117
Major LCF Poster!

Lorie~I almost had a nut eating frenzy when I first started the program. I saw that I could have macadamia nuts...6 of them...so at the beginning of my second week, I got some raw natural type macs at Trader Joe's. And put them in little baggies, 6 each. I ended up giving them away. I was so sure that I would gobble more than 6. And I could not let myself do that, so my neighbor was the beneficiary of my macadamia nuts. At that point, I did not trust my self control.
I could do it now with no problem, but I am not into tempting fate!

And congrats on the weight loss!

Jo

Last edited by Desert-Rose7; 04-07-2009 at 08:00 PM..
Old 04-07-2009, 07:48 PM   #118
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Lorieloo
Stats: 162/137.5/130
WOE: medi-weightloss
Start Date: march 2009
desert-rose- omg that's so funny! i was having really bad pms & stressed about buying a house and just went CRAZY for 3 nights in row- i probably ate a whole glass jar of planters- i couldn't stop but as soon as i got my "tom" my cravings went away...i have to remember this next month! thanks for the reply! it makes me feel better! and BTW- 6 nuts are a JOKE! who could possibly do that??????lol
Old 04-07-2009, 08:21 PM   #119
Major LCF Poster!

Lorie~
I have to give you a whole lot of credit, living in Florida and buying a house! Both Florida and Arizona have had huge problems with the real estate market in the last year. You are very brave, and I hope you are getting a terrific deal with a wonderful mortgage rate! Home values fell 43% here in Phoenix in the last year.

12 almonds I can handle, but 6 macs...not so sure...have not bought any since!
Old 04-07-2009, 08:26 PM   #120
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: susan1234
Stats: 248-218-not sure,mini goal is 200
WOE: medi
Start Date: 03-07-09
Can anyone tell me if the clinic they go to said anything about fiber and protin canceling out carbs? If so do you know how all that works? I would really like to find out how that works.when i went for my last weigh in they said something about that but i didnt get it, i had my 3yr old with me and i could not wait to get ot of there,she was driving me and everyone ealse nuts.I have my next appt thursday and im back in ketosis.(so happy)
Closed Thread