Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2009, 07:00 AM   #61
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: orlando2002
Stats: 217/177/160
WOE: Medi Weight loss clinic
Start Date: 3/11/09
Athebeach, here is a list of what I ate the first week

1.- Roasted chicken (already cooked, from Publix, Walmart, Costco, etc
2.- extra lean ground beef (I bought a big package, seasoned with salt and pepper and made patties with 4 oz of raw meat, after cooked, they only weigh 2.5 oz, which are 100 calories each. I keep them cooked in the fridge and re-heated when it time to eat)
3.- Tuna and Salmon in the "to go cups", you can find them where the canned tuna is, they are only 80 calories each cup.
4.- cooked shrimps
5.- canned crab meat (no the imitation, has to be the real one)
6.- Eggs and Eggs beater
7.- Low sodium Turkey Bacon (put 4 slices in the microwave for 2 minutes and they will be crispy and delicious)
8.- Low sodium/low fat deli ham
9.- just 1/2 cup of fat free cottage cheese, try to find the one with the lower carb, they will only have some carbs.... but do not worry. I put cottage cheese with splenda, and cinnamon, it is taste sweet like a cheese cake
10.- Premier Nutrition shakes from Cotsco, they only have 2 grams of carb and they taste incredible delicious ....

11.- WATER WATER AND MORE WATER ... IT IS CALORIE AND CARB FREE

It is hard the first week, but you will surprise how good you will fell the second week ...

I do plan every day in advance, so, the night before I weigh and pre-pack all my food for next day, so I do not forget to eat .... I eat 4 times a day instead of 3 times ...

Good luckS

Silvia

Sponsored Links
Old 04-03-2009, 07:47 AM   #62
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: claudiaalr
Stats: 163/152/140
WOE: Medi weight loss
Start Date: March 27, 2009
It's Finally Friday!! Heading to the clinic right now for my first weigh in...keeping my fingers crossed.

Claudia
Old 04-03-2009, 08:57 AM   #63
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Rahrahrhi
Stats: 179/141/135
WOE: Medi-Loss
Start Date: 1/6/2009
April is for Awesome

Hello everyone,
I am now going to the clinic every 10 days to two weeks. I went for my last weekly appointment on Wednesday and I had lost 4 pounds. All of it was fat and I am super excited. I ham now at the weight i was when I graduated Law School. I ordered my wedding dress and I was happy to get into a smaller size than even I planned. I am starting to work out with a trainer in May and am hopeful that will kick of the last 10-15. Have a great week everyone.

Rhi
Old 04-03-2009, 09:30 AM   #64
Junior LCF Member

Back from my first weigh in....LOST 7.5 lbs the first week!!

I am so excited, and to those newer than me, after 2 or 3 days you do feel better. I am not taking the appetite suppressant though, I am scared of those pills, and I don't get really hungry, but when mid afternoon I feel a little sluggish, the chicken broth helps a lot.

I am ready to add veggies and try some of the recipes!!
Old 04-03-2009, 10:38 AM   #65
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Tcrow47
Stats: 242.5/199/185
WOE: Medi-Weight Loss
Start Date: March 25, 2009

Way to Go Claudia!

Troy
Old 04-03-2009, 11:40 AM   #66
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kbhayward
Stats: 193/165.5/150
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: restart 3/30/12
Hi guys! I have been on Medi since December 22 and just stumbled across the boards. I wish I would have known about them earlier. I have lost 45 pounds and only have 10 more to go to hit my goal. I am looking forward to talking with everyone more!
Old 04-03-2009, 11:57 AM   #67
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: orlando2002
Stats: 217/177/160
WOE: Medi Weight loss clinic
Start Date: 3/11/09
Claudia, congratulations! keep the great work! now is going to be easier!!!

Kbhayward, welcome to the board and congratulations ... 45 pounds is awesome!

Have a great afternoon
Old 04-03-2009, 01:19 PM   #68
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: AtTheBeach
Stats: 5' 4' 183.6/162.2/125
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 9/15/09
Do you weigh yourself every day?

I am back from my first visit. The people there were very nice and it wasn't as bad as I expected 9I don't know why, but I was VERY nervous). The doctor had me start today since I hadn't eaten anything yet.

I usually weigh myself every morning and I'm not sure if I should continue to do that or if I should just wait for my "official" weigh in.
What does everyone here do?

My first "week" is going to be long (11 days) because they didn't have any appointments for next Friday, so I am going the following Monday. I really hope to lose a nice big amount like some of you that I've been reading about.
Old 04-03-2009, 01:29 PM   #69
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mchestnut
Stats: 248/188/180
Start Date: Nov 22,2008
Almost there

Lost 3.5 lbs of fat and now I am at 189. I do wonder just how accurate these scales are with fat %. I am going to have the caliper test done at the gym to see if there is a difference. I am not at 22% BF. 9 lbs to go till maintance. I hope to be there by May 1st. It is true what they say, the last ten lbs are the toughest.
Old 04-03-2009, 01:32 PM   #70
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: tabbym

Hello all! I just found out about this website and I am super excited to have support. I started the program 02/03/09 and I have lost 33lbs. I just started really exercising a few weeks ago and noticed my weight loss has slowed down. Anyone have any suggestions to why that might be?

Thanks!

Tabby
Old 04-03-2009, 02:49 PM   #71
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
Welcome to all of our newcomers!

Congrats to all the weight losses this week as well!

I went to my appointment today, and as I thought the actual weight loss was only 1 lb, but that 1lb took me to the long awaited 50lb mark. My fat
loss this week was 7.2 lbs, and that, I think, is representative of the extra push I have put into my workouts. And I expected lower weight loss than than 1lb because of the ratcheting up of the workout strategy. So it is all good. I tried something different today, and walked and rode the bike BEFORE my weigh-in. Have not done that before...and wonder how much impact that made.

My workout schedule is:
Walk every morning for a minimum of 2-3 miles/with 2lb weights one day/5lbs weights the next day
Stationary bike - every day 45 min to 1 hr
Rowing maching - every day 40min-45min
Various videos....as the mood strikes!

Calories per day 500-700

Everything is working very very well, and I am sooooo grateful that I found this program. It has been a true blessing!

Wishing one and all a wonderful weekend!

Jo
Old 04-03-2009, 03:55 PM   #72
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SDC2
Stats: 5' 7.5" 218/150/155 Maintenance
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: November 20, 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert-Rose7 View Post
Welcome to all of our newcomers!

Congrats to all the weight losses this week as well!

I went to my appointment today, and as I thought the actual weight loss was only 1 lb, but that 1lb took me to the long awaited 50lb mark. My fat
loss this week was 7.2 lbs, and that, I think, is representative of the extra push I have put into my workouts. And I expected lower weight loss than than 1lb because of the ratcheting up of the workout strategy. So it is all good. I tried something different today, and walked and rode the bike BEFORE my weigh-in. Have not done that before...and wonder how much impact that made.

My workout schedule is:
Walk every morning for a minimum of 2-3 miles/with 2lb weights one day/5lbs weights the next day
Stationary bike - every day 45 min to 1 hr
Rowing maching - every day 40min-45min
Various videos....as the mood strikes!

Calories per day 500-700

Everything is working very very well, and I am sooooo grateful that I found this program. It has been a true blessing!

Wishing one and all a wonderful weekend!

Jo
Jo,

You just passed me up. I weighed in today and lost 1.4 pounds (restaurants and all) for a total of 49.4 pounds. I should have blown my nose and taken off all my jewelry before I weighed. You are doing so well and working so hard. My only caution is to make sure your doctor knows how much you are exercising and that you are not overtraining for the amount of carbs. If you are still losing you are probably fine, but if it slows you may need to cut down. You may also need to add calories on the days you work out, but your doctor knows best. My doctor made me cut my exercise down to 4 days a week and has me on 700 calories for the days I workout. I love to exercise and burn calories, so it was hard to cut back.

Can't wait to see your picture.

Susie

BTW... I used to live in Tucson, Arizona across from the La Paloma resort in the Catalina foothills (if you know where that is). I miss the beautiful mountains.
Old 04-03-2009, 04:26 PM   #73
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SDC2
Stats: 5' 7.5" 218/150/155 Maintenance
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: November 20, 2008
You all must get sick of seeing my picture and my posts, but I am addicted to this site. What can I say?

Susan, AtTheBeach, Claudia, Jen, kbhayward and Tabby. For those of you just starting (week 1) be sure to check out Welcome Newbies! Helpful info for week 1.. For those of you past week 1 there is a recipe thread at http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/me...s-recipes.html.

Congrats to Jo, Jen, jbiggars, Claudia, Rhi, kbhayward, mchestnut and Tabby!

Jo and Robyn, thanks for all the helpful and encouraging posts. This site helped me so much when I first started. It is good to give back.

jbiggars, I knew that you would win the biggest loser competition. You are really cranking on the exercise. You are getting really close to the 3's.

Rhi, I am so excited for you. You are going to be the bride you always dreamed you'd be. Please post a current picture so we can all see the glowing bride to be. Next time you have a fitting, maybe you could have someone take a picture. I hope your work has slowed down some so you can enjoy this time.

Mchestnut and kbhayward, you are almost there. McBoo and Celia have been lonely for some time. They really need company in maintenance land. Keep a spot warm for me. I hope to be there soon after.

Sorry for the long post or if I missed you. I hate leaving anyone out. Tomorrow I am off to work a 4 day conference in West Palm Beach, so I won't be posting. I have already packed a bag of safe foods (including power pops) to suppliment when there are no good choices. I will be back Tuesday night. Have a great weekend!

Susie
Old 04-03-2009, 04:36 PM   #74
Major LCF Poster!

I know exactly where the LaPaloma is! Arizona is definitely interesting when it comes to the incredible variety nature provides here!

I have been walking every day for the past 6 years, so adding the weights was new for me. The bike and the rowing machine I have added in recently, and so far so good. But I agree, if the weight loss slows down this week as well, I will probably have to cut back.

I have been athletic all my life, and it is hard to slow down. I may back off a bit on walking and add in more toning exercises. I see my doc on April 24th for a check up..so we will see how it goes. He has not seen me since I began the program.

I have a couple of pics but they must be too big even though I have edited them down....will work on that.

Jo
Old 04-03-2009, 08:02 PM   #75
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDC2 View Post
You all must get sick of seeing my picture and my posts, but I am addicted to this site. What can I say?

Susan, AtTheBeach, Claudia, Jen, kbhayward and Tabby. For those of you just starting (week 1) be sure to check out Welcome Newbies! Helpful info for week 1.. For those of you past week 1 there is a recipe thread at http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/me...s-recipes.html.

Jo and Robyn, thanks for all the helpful and encouraging posts. This site helped me so much when I first started. It is good to give back.

jbiggars, I knew that you would win the biggest loser competition. You are really cranking on the exercise. You are getting really close to the 3's.

Rhi, I am so excited for you. You are going to be the bride you always dreamed you'd be. Please post a current picture so we can all see the glowing bride to be. Next time you have a fitting, maybe you could have someone take a picture. I hope your work has slowed down some so you can enjoy this time.

Mchestnut and kbhayward, you are almost there. McBoo and Celia have been lonely for some time. They really need company in maintenance land. Keep a spot warm for me. I hope to be there soon after.

Sorry for the long post or if I missed you. I hate leaving anyone out. Tomorrow I am off to work a 4 day conference in West Palm Beach, so I won't be posting. I have already packed a bag of safe foods (including power pops) to suppliment when there are no good choices. I will be back Tuesday night. Have a great weekend!

Susie
Susie,
Thanks for all your posts and great advice. And don't say we are probably tired of your posts, they all have great information especially for us newbies!!

I just got my miracle noodles and am ready to try some of the recipes you posted.

I also saw your before picture, wow! you must be very proud of all your progress.

Good luck with your conference, and don't leave us for too long.

Claudia

Last edited by claudiaalr; 04-03-2009 at 08:04 PM..
Old 04-04-2009, 03:54 AM   #76
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pjg24fan
Stats: 260.5/199/150
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: 2/5/09
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDC2 View Post

Susie
Never get tired of your posts!
You are a great motivator!
Old 04-04-2009, 11:40 AM   #77
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtTheBeach View Post
I am back from my first visit. The people there were very nice and it wasn't as bad as I expected 9I don't know why, but I was VERY nervous). The doctor had me start today since I hadn't eaten anything yet.

I usually weigh myself every morning and I'm not sure if I should continue to do that or if I should just wait for my "official" weigh in.
What does everyone here do?

My first "week" is going to be long (11 days) because they didn't have any appointments for next Friday, so I am going the following Monday. I really hope to lose a nice big amount like some of you that I've been reading about.
I use to weight myself everyday and all it would do is frustrate me. I now only weigh myself once a week and it is much better. Do whatever you feel is best for you and will keep you motivated. I know that weight can change daily 2 to 3 lbs especially if you have taken in alot of sodium and holding water.
Old 04-04-2009, 01:43 PM   #78
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: PONY13
Stats: 215/211/160
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: October 12, 2009
Mcchestnut: How is your wife doing?
Old 04-04-2009, 04:44 PM   #79
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Lorieloo
Stats: 162/137.5/130
WOE: medi-weightloss
Start Date: march 2009
Susie- you look AMAZING!

I am having a very hard week....i am craving doritos SO BAD!! last week i lost 7 pounds! i felt great- but now- i feel like i'm floundering- ready to fall off the wagon

i know why i feel like this- we're trying to buy a house & it's that good ol' time of the month when i want DORITOS....i'm trying to stay positive- reading all the threads really helps alot- now if i can stay away from the 1000calories of nuts i've been eating the last few days-

anyhoo- here's hopin' i stay strong until this week is over........
Old 04-04-2009, 05:43 PM   #80
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Tcrow47
Stats: 242.5/199/185
Start Date: March 25, 2009
Calorie Calculation Question

Does anybody know (or have any suggestions regarding) hoe to claculate calories per ounce for homemade beef jerky?

I've been doing all my other calculations based on cooked weight of other meats. Jerky isn't really cooked, it's just dried. I'm using lean flank steak, so figure 55 to 70 calories per oz. uncooked.

Help!

Troy
Old 04-04-2009, 06:00 PM   #81
Major LCF Poster!

Troy~
I found some info and a recipe. I popped it into the recipe thread!

Jo
Old 04-05-2009, 05:39 AM   #82
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PONY13 View Post
Mcchestnut: How is your wife doing?
She is doing awesome. Lost 45lbs and only 15lbs to goal. TY for asking She made the mash cauliflower last night and It was great. I could get use to them

Last edited by mchestnut; 04-05-2009 at 05:40 AM..
Old 04-05-2009, 06:50 AM   #83
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: McBoo
Stats: 216/140/140 Now on Maintainance
WOE: Medi Weightloss Clinics
Start Date: June 17, 2008
Hello all. I am back and recovering well from my surgery. Thanks to all for the well wishes. I had my follow up appointment with the surgeon and he said I can go back to the gym and do light cardio and to start slow and listen to my body if it hurts in the surgury area stop. Well I did the treadmill yesterday for 20 minutes with 1 % incline and 3.0mph BORING but the sad thing was when I got home I laid down and took a nap.

Today I am going to try to do a little more and see how it goes. I am so use to being active that this is not going to work for me. I am bored out of my mind.

I am not allowed to lift for 6 weeks so I am really going to have to make this cardio creative

I have gained a few pounds not being able to work out but have managed to stay in my maintainance range. So I am happy about that but I will feel a lot better when I can do a lot more at the gym.

Welcome to all the newbies I see we have. This is a great group of people who really are here to support one another.

Good luck to all this week.

McBoo

Before and after Pics
http://www.slide.com/profile?puid=UY...S8QcfBRFZvgCG0

"Born right the first time"
"BE KIND TO ONE ANOTHER"
"CANCER SUCKS"
Old 04-05-2009, 10:11 AM   #84
Major LCF Poster!

Woohoo! McBoo is back!

So nice to see you, McBoo! You have been missed!

Pretty soon you will be back to full strength. Always better to be safe at this point than risk injury. And I know about the bored. I think I am pushing too hard on the exercise and it has slowed down my weight loss a little bit. It is hard to not exercise. Once I pushed the level of exercise up, I liked it! Now I think I have to scale back a bit.

Hang in there!

Jo
Old 04-05-2009, 06:14 PM   #85
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: DML0813
Went in for my weigh in after week 1 - lost 6.8 pounds. Doing the program at home is getting easier. Having a hard time in work related meetings where there is food. Went off plan twice.

First time, there was absolutely nothing available that was on plan.

Second time, had a meeting at a hotel and they served a buffet lunch. They did have salmon, which was good. Not quite sure how the pasta got onto my plate though.

Fortunately, I didn't go out of ketosis either time.

Anyone have strategies to share when you have to attend a meeting where there's food???
Old 04-05-2009, 06:53 PM   #86
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dodgern
Stats: 236/150.6/140- now on maintenance
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 2/26/09
Quote:
Originally Posted by DML0813 View Post
Went in for my weigh in after week 1 - lost 6.8 pounds. Doing the program at home is getting easier. Having a hard time in work related meetings where there is food. Went off plan twice.

First time, there was absolutely nothing available that was on plan.

Second time, had a meeting at a hotel and they served a buffet lunch. They did have salmon, which was good. Not quite sure how the pasta got onto my plate though.

Fortunately, I didn't go out of ketosis either time.

Anyone have strategies to share when you have to attend a meeting where there's food???
Hey DLM,
When I go to conferences and stuff, I pack my own emergency stash of food. I buy the protein bars from medi weightloss (which are pretty tasty!),take an apple or veges, and I take the EAS AdvantEDGE shakes (17gm protein and only 2g net carbs).Which can be used as a meal replacement-only 110 calories!(AND they taste GREAT! and come in their own package)
I'm really vigilant about trying to stay on plan and I'm not worried about telling my coworkers that I'm on this plan. They're very supportive.
Also make sure you take your appetite suppressants and drink lots of water. Hope this helps!
Cindy

Last edited by dodgern; 04-05-2009 at 06:54 PM..
Old 04-06-2009, 05:51 AM   #87
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jbiggars63
Stats: 493/192/193
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 1/23/2009
Welcome back McBoo!

We love ya Susie! Never tire of your support!

WTG McChestnut. Look forward to seeing the results of your caliper test. My understanding is that the caliper test is so-so at accuracy too. The best method is hydrostatic and Dexa...see link...
Body Fat Testing - What's Your Body Fat Percentage?

I don't know if it proves anything but since I cut way back on crystal light (made with aspartame which Dr. Atkins had claimed could slow down weight loss) I went from averaging 2 - 3 pounds lost per week too 2 consecutive weeks of +5 pounds lost. I went from everything I drank had crystal light in it too 1 bottle of it a day...the rest of the time drinking either decaf tea or water.
Old 04-06-2009, 07:27 AM   #88
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: roev210
Stats: 211
WOE: just lose it with Berta
Start Date: November 27, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by McBoo View Post
Hello all. I am back and recovering well from my surgery. Thanks to all for the well wishes. I had my follow up appointment with the surgeon and he said I can go back to the gym and do light cardio and to start slow and listen to my body if it hurts in the surgury area stop. Well I did the treadmill yesterday for 20 minutes with 1 % incline and 3.0mph BORING but the sad thing was when I got home I laid down and took a nap.

Today I am going to try to do a little more and see how it goes. I am so use to being active that this is not going to work for me. I am bored out of my mind.

I am not allowed to lift for 6 weeks so I am really going to have to make this cardio creative

I have gained a few pounds not being able to work out but have managed to stay in my maintainance range. So I am happy about that but I will feel a lot better when I can do a lot more at the gym.

Welcome to all the newbies I see we have. This is a great group of people who really are here to support one another.

Good luck to all this week.

McBoo
Hi McBoo
So glad your back and glad you're feeling better.
Old 04-06-2009, 09:18 AM   #89
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: stepheniela1
Stats: 174/148/135
WOE: mediweightloss
Start Date: 1/2009
Congrats to everyone... seems like April is starting off well. I weighed in on Fri. for another 2.5 lbs lost. I am only 13lbs from goal!!! Wedding in 1 week 5 days, and I must admit, it's making it harder to follow the plan. Lots of parties, etc. so I am following as best as I can, but at the clinic they said to just enjoy myself and do what I can. I can't believe how supportive everyone is. I am used the disappointed looks when you say that you are straying from your diet. This is much better! Good luck to all on a GREAT month!
Old 04-06-2009, 09:29 AM   #90
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jeffery's girl
Stats: 219.4/189/140
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: February 09,2009
1 1/2 pounds lost this week plus another 1/2 inch off my waist!
Closed Thread