Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2009, 01:16 PM   #571
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: McBoo
Stats: 216/140/140 Now on Maintainance
WOE: Medi Weightloss Clinics
Start Date: June 17, 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhlong View Post
After a lot of thought and research, I've decided to MediWeight loss. I have my first appt on Monday. So I'll be joining y'all for your May thread. I can't wait to get started. I only wish I had started a few months ago when I first considered the program.
Rhonda,

You have come to the right place. Good luck with your first week.
We are all here to help.

McBoo

Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-2009, 02:05 PM   #572
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SDC2
Stats: 5' 7.5" 218/150/155 Maintenance
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: November 20, 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2009ismyear View Post
I just got back from my weigh in ..if you remember i gained 8 pounds last week because of vacation.. Went back to week 1 and down 10.5 pounds.. I asked them if i could get on the scale 2x because i didn't believe it...
Congratulations to hudiman and 2009ismyyear!

Rhonda!

Susie
Old 04-30-2009, 02:15 PM   #573
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: crobyninc
Stats: 335/243/180
WOE: Low carb and watching calories
Start Date: March 9 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by susan1234 View Post
has anyone notied hailoss since starting medi? I read a low fat and low carb diet leads hair loss.
From the Medi info you received at your clinic, maybe you need this if you are experiencing hair loss. I personally have not noticed a difference. Anyone else???

Omega Three Information
Medi-Weightloss Clinics® Omega Three is a vital component of the Medi-Weightloss Clinics® Program. Our Omega Three offers essential supplementation to you while you are on a very low calorie diet (VLCD).

Omega Three plays a key role in the health of hair, skin and nails. It is vital to follicle health and on a VLCD you may not get enough of these oils. Hair loss can be a result. For more information visit: (Hair Loss - Eating Well for Hair Health).

In overweight patients Omega Three, along with regular aerobic exercise reduces body fat and improves metabolic health, according to the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition.

The NIH (National Institute of Health) reports that Omega Three may lower blood pressure, blood sugar, and triglycerides. On-going extensive research studies are suggesting that Omega Three can help prevent risk factors associated with cardiovascular disease, cancer and arthritis. Recent findings also indicate an improvement of cognition with the use of Omega Three in Alzheimer’s and dementia patients.

We recommend that you take this supplement daily to help you maintain nutritional health even after you have attained your weight loss goals and successfully completed the program.

This supplement is strongly recommended in the Acute Phase at the start of our program.

WarningsPeople who have a bleeding disorder or take blood thinning medication should check with their healthcare provider before taking this supplement. This product is derived from marine sources (fish). Do not take if you are allergic to fish.

CAUTION: As with all dietary supplements, pregnant and lactating women should consult a physician before using any product.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to treat, diagnose, prevent or cure any disease. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. STORE IN A COOL, DRY PLACE.
Old 04-30-2009, 03:56 PM   #574
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: McBoo
Stats: 216/140/140 Now on Maintainance
WOE: Medi Weightloss Clinics
Start Date: June 17, 2008
I always took Omega 3 long before startng medi and continue to do so. No hair loss here and before anyone says it I prefer to have my hair that short.

McBoo
Old 04-30-2009, 04:57 PM   #575
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mommy-2-girls
Stats: 5'9" 299.2/249.2/180
WOE: Medi Weight Loss/Wii Fit/Yoga
Start Date: Restart after pregnancy bedrest: January 5, 2011
Hi everyone, I had my 1st appointment today. That B6 shot hurt like crazy!! Went to the grocery store and got some stuff that will work for the diet this week. The sample meal plan for week 1 that they gave me helped a lot. I'm really nervous but the $$ is paid now, so there's no going back! LOL
Old 04-30-2009, 05:45 PM   #576
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
I have thought and thought what I could say that has not been said by others ahead of me about motivation and the MWL program. Beyond commitment, personal health and well being, personal pride and self esteem ~ you must want to do this for yourself. Not for anyone else.

One of my favorite little sayings comes from Yoda, the Star Wars Jedi Master:

“Do or do not... there is no try.”

And for me, that says it all!

Congrats on the weight losses this week! Such a terrific group of people in here working so hard to reach their goal. And succeeding!

Jo
Old 04-30-2009, 05:46 PM   #577
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pjg24fan
Stats: 260.5/199/150
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: 2/5/09
Checking In

Congratulations to all this week losers!
to all the newbies!

Lost only 1 this week but lost more fat but gained water!
Month total 10.5
Grand Total 39.5
Old 04-30-2009, 06:52 PM   #578
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NIKKI21
Stats: 181.4/134.8 Now on Maintenance :0)
WOE: MEDI WEIGHTLOSS CLINICS
Start Date: 12/04/08
Quote:
Originally Posted by susan1234 View Post
has anyone notied hailoss since starting medi? I read a low fat and low carb diet leads hair loss.
Just the last week or so for me; very slight. I actually noticed a huge improvement overall in my hair,nails and skin. The last week I had a a little hair loss; talked it over with the clinic and since I have been taking my Omega 3's all along we added in Biotin and Zinc.
Old 04-30-2009, 07:00 PM   #579
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NIKKI21
Stats: 181.4/134.8 Now on Maintenance :0)
WOE: MEDI WEIGHTLOSS CLINICS
Start Date: 12/04/08
The last few weeks have been tough - I am sooooo close and is so hard and frustrating. Over the last 2 weeks I have gained for the 1st time since I started ; while VERY small I have a gained 0.8 lbs. Water weight is my new nemesis.
We talked about some small changes to mix it up to get the last 3.8 lbs off and I am taking a week off from the clinic visit.
Good news out of the last 2 weeks is that while the total weight has crept up a little the Fat Mass and Body Fat % has dropped.
Keep the door open McBoo - I will make it!
Old 04-30-2009, 07:06 PM   #580
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: grettagirl
Stats: 193/121.6/130
WOE: mediweightloss
Start Date: 1/30/09
Hi Everyone! I had my weigh in today, I lost 2.5. I am at 39.5 lbs lost! I received some very bad news today though, my clinic is closing! Thank goodness 2 members of the staff who are very helpful , are going to the new clinic that I will have to go to. It is so true what many of you have been posting about being truly ready to make a change in our lives. I feel so good now there is nothing that could tempt me. I am going to Florida in 3 weeks, I am so looking forward to it, especially because I can put a bathing suit on without being uncomfortable with the way I look. Congrats to all and thanks for all your help !
Old 04-30-2009, 07:35 PM   #581
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: madeia98
Stats: 176/164/145
Start Date: 5/1/2009
Hi

I had my first appointment today! Yay!

I think my biggest frustration was the blood sample. I am afraid of needles and the girl poked and prodded with no avail and had to call in reinforcement. I was nauseous and feeling dizzy and faint. It was horrible. They finally got it though. The shots were nothing in comparison.

I start my diet tomorrow. I worked late and didnt make it to the store. Chicken and egg whites for me tomorrow until my evening meal!

Keep in mind you regulary loose 40-60 hair strands a day as a side note to the previous posters.

I didnt get the Omga vitamin they offered only because I had to rush out of there to make it to work on time. I will get them next week.

I am looking forward to getting this weight off and keeping it off. I am in a profession now where I am on my feet all day and the extra weight is really getting to me. I want to lead a more healthly lifestyle from this day forward.

My cousin has been on a similar program and lost 70 pounds in 6ish months and I was so proud of her I decided to try it for myself!

cheers!
Becky
Old 05-01-2009, 04:35 AM   #582
Senior LCF Member

Nikki21 - You are going to make it! BTW, I am going to try the chicken recipe, that looks so good! Have you tried fish with it? I am thinking the onion and mushrooms would have to be pre-cooked with the fish but favor wise, it should be outstanding.

Hudiman - You are now over the hump, now it is downhill slide on the scale! Congrats on making it through the first week!

2009ismyyear, pjg24fan and grettagirl - congrats on your losses this week! Is is certainly a journey!

Mommy2girls and Madeia98 - Good luck this week, Make sure you check the Newbie page and like McBoo and Suzie have said before the Chicken Broth is your best friend and spread out your meals throughout the day as much as possible. Good luck we are here for you!

If I forgot someone I am sorry, didn't mean too. Hope everyone has a great losing weekend!
Old 05-01-2009, 04:39 AM   #583
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy-2-girls View Post
Hi everyone, I had my 1st appointment today. That B6 shot hurt like crazy!! Went to the grocery store and got some stuff that will work for the diet this week. The sample meal plan for week 1 that they gave me helped a lot. I'm really nervous but the $$ is paid now, so there's no going back! LOL
Once you are out of Week 1, check out the Greenwise section of the Publix on Collier and 54, they have a pretty good selection of no sugar products and Walden Farms No calorie dressings are in the produce department - took me a while to find them! Laughing Cow cheese wedges are with the Beef Jerky - another hard to find neccessary item!

I don't find our clinic very helpful unless you ask specific questions, then they are knowledgable and seem to understand the diet.

Good luck fellow Laker!!! You can do this!
Old 05-01-2009, 06:51 AM   #584
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lorig
WOE: MEDI
Start Date: November2008
TGIF....
I havent posted in a while, but I am still with all of you.....I weighed in this morning and down another 2lbs, but the best of it is that 2.5 was fat and 1/2gain of muscle!!!!YIPPEE.....I am luvn my new self....I think i need to go on the MAY thread...oppss
Old 05-01-2009, 06:59 AM   #585
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Justin1
Stats: 324.5/197/190
Start Date: 4/15/09
walden farms makes a maple syrup that is really good...just a little bit of it on some turkey sausage makes all the difference in the world
Old 05-01-2009, 08:21 AM   #586
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jbiggars63
Stats: 493/192/193
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 1/23/2009
Hope yall don't mind, went ahead and started the May thread! Are we going to do an April total weight loss? Put me down for 30 pounds! WOW! That sounds good! I weighed 410 on March 27th, now weigh 380.
Old 05-01-2009, 11:26 AM   #587
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
Here is your link to the May thread!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/me...s-maniacs.html

Jo
Old 05-01-2009, 02:24 PM   #588
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Johnlatte
Stats: 238/210/150
WOE: MedWeightLoss
Start Date: April 2009
First post and 3rd weigh in

Started Medi 3 weeks ago, weigh in was yesterday so posting here. Down 20.6 so far. Things are working nicely. Have about 50 to go. Glad to have this board as a reference point.

John
Old 04-04-2010, 08:00 PM   #589
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mcocopie
Second day- First week ( A vegetarian)

Hi,

Today is my second day of medi diet plan...I am basically a vegetarian and eat chicken/non veg occasionally.

Reading everyone review/story on Protein for first week makes me nervous..my clinic has put me on veggie diet in first week. And allowed me to have one or two diet coke/ Tea (with sugarfree).

Two days have been really tough..My diet chart for two days is (lettuce_ salad,white egg, cheese strings, chicken ,lite-dressing,2 cups of tea n one diet coke) which is not going more than 500 calories.

Would i be able to reduce weight with everything so different in my plan and NOT protein. Pls advice
Closed Thread