Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2009, 08:32 AM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dodgern
Stats: 236/150.6/140- now on maintenance
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 2/26/09
WOWOWOW
We lost at least a person amongst us all
I weigh in later today and will post after I get back.

WB Susie!!

to the newbies and may you find this website as useful as I have!

Between the supportive people and the great recipe and newbie links, you will find success!

The only pressing issue for me this month will be all those Reeses Peanut Butter Eggs They're my only weakness!!!!

Cindy

Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-2009, 08:38 AM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jbiggars63
Stats: 493/192/193
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 1/23/2009
babyboyst, Tcrow47, and mom2three!

babyboyst: For me, when I have those moments when I feel starved, I do something to take my mind off of food like go for a walk, or play a computer game, or pay bills . I find that if I keep my mind busy, I can get by those times fairly well. Another thing you might try is Almonds. A few of them help to satisfy my hunger too.

Tcrow47: WTG on the loss! For me, the 1st 2 weeks I had large losses but since then I range in the 2 to 6 pounds per week loss. My true average is 4 pounds per week at this point. Of coarse, as you get closer to goal, this will slow down but I have a ways to go before that happens!

Rhonda: GREAT JOB!!

Welcome back Susie!

McBoo! WE MISS YOU!!

To all the newbies! You have found a wonderful group of LOSERS!!!!

I won the Biggest Loser contest at work! Like I told my co-workers...I have a long "weigh" to go but 84.5 pounds is a good start! That is 31% of the total weight I want to lose! WOO HOO!!
Old 04-02-2009, 08:41 AM   #33
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
cattycat!

We are happy to have you with us!

Susie built a great thread for newbies and week 1. The link is below. The
first week is difficult, and the tips and advice in the thread are great helps.
The program really does work, and works well. It is a major lifestyle change in so many ways...and all are positive.

Good luck!

Welcome Newbies! Helpful info for week 1.

Jo
Old 04-02-2009, 09:12 AM   #34
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: NightGracie
Hello all!! I just started yesterday and it was rather difficult. I was so tired and just felt really bad. Is that normal? I took all my supplements and ate just the way I was supposed to.

How long is tiredness going to last?
Old 04-02-2009, 09:22 AM   #35
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightGracie View Post
Hello all!! I just started yesterday and it was rather difficult. I was so tired and just felt really bad. Is that normal? I took all my supplements and ate just the way I was supposed to.

Hi Gracie and

I would say most people feel bad the first week. Once your body adjusts to the few measly calories we get , you will feel better. I would suggest trying some chicken broth to help your body get some salt. I also found that the Crystal Light Hydration (lemonade and berry blast) helped because they have sodium and potassium which your body needs to prevent dehydration and muscle cramps. Make sure you get all your water in!

Keep going, it will get better!!!

Cindy
Old 04-02-2009, 09:52 AM   #36
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SDC2
Stats: 5' 7.5" 218/150/155 Maintenance
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: November 20, 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert-Rose7 View Post
Susie's home! How was the trip, Susie? It's good to have you
home safe and sound!

Rhonda~keep on keepin' on, girl! You are on your way!

Way to go Troy! Good results! Weight loss the first week is usually the highest, and can go anywhere from 1-5 lbs per week from there depending on the individual, the amount of exercise and other personal factors. Great start!

Jo
I don't know how I missed this, but thank you Jo. BTW, I just read your post about the Miracle Noodles. I just made chicken noodle soup with them and it is wonderful. I will post the recipe in the recipe thread. This might be a good way for you to try them again as they taste great in the soup. Be sure to rinse and soak them in ice water with a splash of vinegar to get rid of the smell. Drain them, but since they are going in soup you don't have to dry them.

I missed not being able to make my own meals. What I can do at home is so much more interesting than grilled chicken over lettuce. I still enjoyed eating out, but it is nice to have the mix.

CattyCat, Gracie and all the other newbies. Week 1 is really tough, but hang in there because you will be so glad you did. Keep on posting and we will help you as much as we can. We have all been there.

Susie
Old 04-02-2009, 10:09 AM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: roev210
Stats: 211
WOE: just lose it with Berta
Start Date: November 27, 2010
hi there and welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by CattyCat View Post
Hi all - newbie here. Have my first appointment later today and am nervous but VERY EXCITED to get started!

Cutting carbs is the only WOE that has ever helped me drop weight, so I know this will work for me. This go-round I have dropped 45 pounds through diet and working out in the gym with a trainer, but I have stalled at 182 and the scale just will not budge any further... I honestly think it's stress. I stumbled onto the LCF forums and started lurking about a month ago, just reading and absorbing info, and that's how I found you good people and MWL. Called a couple of weeks ago and made my appointment for today. Almost had to cancel/postpone due to $ issues (just changed jobs a month ago and am struggling to work out the budgeting kinks dealing with the cut in pay), but I know I need to deal with the weight issue that's had me depressed for so long... if I let the money issue depress me even further, then I'll really be in a hole emotionally. I decided to cut other corners to deal with and control what I know I need to and can control NOW, and worry about the other issues when this one falls into place.

So glad to be here with you and absorb all the good information, experience, and fellowship.
The money is the big issue, for me I was told about the Care Credit its a credit line that you use every time you go in to the clinic. My Clinic told me that they start with 1200.00 and each week whatever you spend is deducted from that. It is a lot of money but it's better than paying 70.00 or maybe more a week. My payments are 57.00 a month of course I can give more and it is something that is a big help.
I have spent thousands of $$ on different diet plans, I figured whats some more money, but this one is working I am happier and see the results more than I ever have with any other diet. 28 lbs in 12 weeks is pretty good. I have 40 lbs to go but I know I am and will do it. You will too. Just by reading every ones stories and quotes is such a big help. We are all here to help you with this journey and ask us any questions someone is bond to get you that answer. Good luck and keep losing!!!!

Rhonda
Old 04-02-2009, 10:09 AM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jonpryor99
Stats: 240/193/190
WOE: Atkins / Medi Weight Loss clinics
Start Date: 9/24/2008
To all the new people who have started Medi in the past couple weeks!

You have made a wise decision because the Medi program really works. It's a way of life change though, not a diet. Once you accept that, you will have the greatest success and keep the weight off for good!
Old 04-02-2009, 10:23 AM   #39
Senior LCF Member

Hi and welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightGracie View Post

I will use me of course as an example. Hope it helps.
My body went into shock. If my body or mouth could verbalize it, it would be saying, I NEED A SNACK, I NEED COOKIES, CHOCOLATE, PIZZA...(you get what I mean ) anyway it is difficult the first week. It's as if your going through withdrawals, but I stuck to it and after the first week, your second week is much better you can incorporate veggies and fruit. I think after the first week I didn't feel tired anymore. You will be fine drink water but also college inn chicken broth the sodium reduced fat free you can have a 32oz can its really low in calories. Also I drink a lot of green tea and let me tell you it does take the edge off and it does take the fat off. I also drink favored coffees for the cravings it helps. Anything else you need to know ask we are all here to help you through this. You will be fine.

Best Wishes
Rhonda
Old 04-02-2009, 10:25 AM   #40
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonpryor99 View Post
To all the new people who have started Medi in the past couple weeks!

You have made a wise decision because the Medi program really works. It's a way of life change though, not a diet. Once you accept that, you will have the greatest success and keep the weight off for good!
you are doing amazing keep up the good work.

Rhonda
Old 04-02-2009, 10:56 AM   #41
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: 2009ismyear
Stats: Original start feb 1-- 208/158/150 --lost 30 b4
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: July 14
Just got back from my 6 wk weigh in.. I lost another 2.5 of fat.. I am down 20 pounds.. I am very excited... I did go out last night for a few drinks.... will never do that again...drinking on an empty stomach is not a good idea.. I learned my lesson .. Will wait till i take off all my weight before drinking again..
Old 04-02-2009, 11:00 AM   #42
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: 2009ismyear
Stats: Original start feb 1-- 208/158/150 --lost 30 b4
Start Date: July 14
one more thing.. I hate water but I have been drinking Powerade Zero, comes in 3 flavors, mixed berry, grape and strawberry.. it is really tasty..
Old 04-02-2009, 02:25 PM   #43
Senior LCF Member

Back from my weigh-in and.....drum roll please

I lost 4.8lbs 3.7lbs was fat That's 25lbs in 5 weeks!

The people at my clinic said if I keep losing this way,I'll set a new record

The unfortunate thing is...I hurt my back again,sciatica this time

I went to my chiropractor and took another celebrex...already feeling a little less painful

Guess I'll have to be careful for a bit!

Cindy
Old 04-02-2009, 04:08 PM   #44
Major LCF Poster!

Take care of that back, Cindy! And congrats on the weight loss!

My appointment will be tomorrow. I have been pushing the exercise up a notch so do not expect much weight loss due to muscle gain. Besides walking 2-4 miles a day, and biking (stationary) for 45 minutes...I have added rowing for 30 minutes, and walking with weights..2lb weights one day and 5 lb weights the next.

We shall see!

Jo
Old 04-02-2009, 04:20 PM   #45
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ash347
Start Date: March 20,09
I just got back from appt and lost 3.7 lbs!! for a total of 8 in two weeks! I thought i wasnt going to lose at all since i had been sick but i was very excited to see the loss. Tonight, i am making miracle noodles with a stroganoff type sauce! yum
Old 04-02-2009, 05:06 PM   #46
Major LCF Poster!

Way to go Ashley! Congrats!

Jo
Old 04-02-2009, 05:11 PM   #47
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pjg24fan
Stats: 260.5/199/150
Start Date: 2/5/09
to all the newcomers- this is a great plan
WTG to all the losers this week

Susie- Love the new picture!
My weight loss this week 1 1/2 Total for 8 weeks 30.5
My clothes are finally starting to get big

A big thanks to all of you -keep me motivated!
For the first time I feel like this is my WOE for life!I have been on diets almost my entire life and this was going to be my last never really thought it would work or I would enjoy it so much but I do!

McBoo- Hope you are starting to feel better- We miss you!

You gotta eat right for the fat to take flight
Old 04-02-2009, 05:45 PM   #48
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: grettagirl
Stats: 193/121.6/130
WOE: mediweightloss
Start Date: 1/30/09
Hi all! It is so wonderful to see how well everyone is doing. Even with the set backs, illnesses and vacations, we all seem to be moving in the right direction. I went for my weigh in today,not expecting too much because TOM is here, and I was happy to see I lost 1.7 lbs. which brought my total for 8 weeks to 30.2 lbs!I started my spin classes this week and although my legs and butt are sore , I feel so good exercising again. My uniforms for work are so big now that my coworker bought me a medium scrub top as a" congrats on the weight loss " and it fit! I have been wearing my XL's still, hey ,they are comfortable Susie love your new pix, you look great! McBoo, are you feeling any better? Hope so. Have a great weekend
Old 04-02-2009, 06:16 PM   #49
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgern View Post
Back from my weigh-in and.....drum roll please

I lost 4.8lbs 3.7lbs was fat That's 25lbs in 5 weeks!

The people at my clinic said if I keep losing this way,I'll set a new record

The unfortunate thing is...I hurt my back again,sciatica this time

I went to my chiropractor and took another celebrex...already feeling a little less painful

Guess I'll have to be careful for a bit!

Cindy
2009ismyear, Cindy, Ash, Gretta and Phyllis,

Congrats on the weight losses. You are all doing so well. You guys make this look easy.

Thanks for the positive comments on my new picture. My last picture was 10 pounds old, so it was time to post a new picture. I would love to see some pictures of you guys...when you are ready. It is such a motivation to withstand having your picture taken again. Let me tell you, it's been 10+ years since I haven't cringe at my picture.

Susie
Old 04-02-2009, 06:23 PM   #50
Major LCF Poster!

Looking good, Susie! I have to drag out a picture one of these days. Or have a friend take one! Maybe once I get below 200 I will do that!

Jo
Old 04-02-2009, 06:47 PM   #51
Major LCF Poster!

Before Pictures

I hate my before pictures, but I thought it might be motivating to post one. So I don't have to see it every time I check the boards I am going to add it as a profile picture. You are welcome to check it out (cringe, cringe). I am so happy not to be that person any more. I feel like I need to pinch myself to make sure it is real. The other people in the picture are my husband and 3 sons. Newbies, as you can see, this program really does work. I looked like this until November of 08.

Susie
Old 04-02-2009, 06:49 PM   #52
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: susan1234
Stats: 248-218-not sure,mini goal is 200
WOE: medi
Start Date: 03-07-09
Hi,everyone i have been lurking for about a month. I started medi 2-27-09.My first week i lost 12lbs,secound week only lost 2lbs, third i missed due to the flu that my daughter decided to bring home and share with all.My fourth week i lost 3lbs i was very happy,being sick i pretty much ate what ever i had at hand. So that brings me up to today i went in for my weight in and i lost 4lbs this week and they measured my waist i lost for inches. went from a 42in waist to a 38in. Before i got sick my ketone level was lg. after being sick i still have not gotten back into ketosis. I dont know why i cant get back in.help me please. The nutritionist said that as long as im still losing its not that big of a deal that im not in ketos,but i feel like if i was i would lose faster.What do you all think? I love that i found all of you, ive been reading, and it blows my mind how well this program works.All of you gave me hope. I never thought in a million yaers that i could go a day without chocolate or cake and reading what all of you have done made me feel like ther was hope. I cant wait to try the cheesecake things that Susie posted on the recipie blog,and the eggplant one too.
Old 04-02-2009, 06:59 PM   #53
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: orlando2002
Stats: 217/177/160
WOE: Medi Weight loss clinic
Start Date: 3/11/09
Wow Susie, congratulations!!! You do not look like the same person in the before picture..... you have change sooo much! for good ))

You look amaizing!
Old 04-02-2009, 09:31 PM   #54
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: AtTheBeach
Stats: 5' 4' 183.6/162.2/125
Start Date: 9/15/09
Hi Everyone!!

Hello Everyone!

I am excited (and a little nervous!) because I have my first appointment at Medi tomorrow (well, actually today now that it is after midnight). A coworker told me about the plan.

I am from SW Florida and I see that quite a few of you are from the area.

I have a few questions if anyone would like to help.

What can I expect on my first appointment? I've read through all the threads here and got some bits and pieces, but I am an over-planner and want to know all the details! When I called for my appointment, I wasn't told too much other than not to wear lotion.

I also wanted to grocery shop before my appointment since it is later in the day. I did see the grocery list on another thread, but I wanted to know exactly what foods are allowed the first week. I already have some Chicken Broth (fat-free, low sodium), but I'm not exactly sure what else I can buy.

I didn't put my stats because I want to use their scale weight so I can see how accurate mine is. I want to lose approximately 40-50lbs. I have been very thin my whole life and then packed on this weight during the last year and a half or so due to stess, etc.

Last edited by AtTheBeach; 04-02-2009 at 09:38 PM..
Old 04-03-2009, 04:29 AM   #55
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: crobyninc
Stats: 335/243/180
WOE: Low carb and watching calories
Start Date: March 9 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDC2 View Post
I hate my before pictures, but I thought it might be motivating to post one. So I don't have to see it every time I check the boards I am going to add it as a profile picture. You are welcome to check it out (cringe, cringe). I am so happy not to be that person any more. I feel like I need to pinch myself to make sure it is real. The other people in the picture are my husband and 3 sons. Newbies, as you can see, this program really does work. I looked like this until November of 08.

Susie
OMG Susie, you look so different, in a VERY positive way! Your family must be so proud of you. Your new picture is so great and it shows how happy you are with your big smile.

Keep it up girl, you are an inspiration to us newbies.
Old 04-03-2009, 04:41 AM   #56
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jenosojnicki
Stats: 358/324/?
WOE: Medi-Weightloss Clinic
Start Date: 3/20/09
Had my second appointment yesterday....lost4.8 for a total of 17.5 in 2 weeks. I can't wait to hit 20 pds
Old 04-03-2009, 04:44 AM   #57
Senior LCF Member

AtTheBeach

At the first visit:
1. You are weighed
2. The doctor talks to you about why you want to lose weight, how you got to where you are at now and then goes over the plan
3. Blood is drawn
4. EKG
5. The B12 and B6 shots
6. You receive your bag of vitamins and meds along with diet guide etc.

During week 1 you will be eating all protein (ie meat) and cottage cheese. Plan on buying lean meats such as chicken, fish and very lean beef. The more chicken and fish you eat the better. Also get eggs and/or egg whites. Again see Susie's list of things to buy for week one, it really is a very comprehensive list. Use the scale you are given and don't deviate from the plan.

Week 1 is the most difficult but after that you will see that you are on the way to a much healthier you. Make sure you follow your doctor's recommendations for exercising daily and DRINK at least a gallon of water a day. Once you are in week 2, check out the recipe thread as there are some very creative chefs in our group.

You can do this and this group is here to help you. We support each other through thick and thin!

Good luck and check in often.

Robyn
Old 04-03-2009, 04:44 AM   #58
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenosojnicki View Post
Had my second appointment yesterday....lost4.8 for a total of 17.5 in 2 weeks. I can't wait to hit 20 pds
WOOTWOOT!!! Have a great week!
Old 04-03-2009, 05:36 AM   #59
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jenosojnicki
Stats: 358/324/?
WOE: Medi-Weightloss Clinic
Start Date: 3/20/09
Thanks...now if I can just find a recipe for Cadbury Creme Eggs
Old 04-03-2009, 06:04 AM   #60
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jbiggars63
Stats: 493/192/193
Start Date: 1/23/2009

WTG all!!!!!!

Just got back from My weigh-in and another 5.5 pounds lost! Sweet!!

We are just gonna tear it up aren't we!!!! Added walking to my routine this week. Tue-Thu-Sat = 30 minutes stationary bike + 30 Minutes weights
Wed-Fri-Sun = 30 minutes stationary bike + walk a mile at a 3 mph pace.
Closed Thread