Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2009, 02:28 PM   #541
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Tcrow47
Stats: 242.5/199/185
WOE: Medi-Weight Loss
Start Date: March 25, 2009
Week 5 weigh-in results. -4.5lbs to 215. Total of 27.5 lbs in 5-weeks. I think I'll be able to choke down another prok chop or xtra-lean hamburger patty after all. Oh, I also had to buy my first set of new pants toady. The clinic people "suggested" that I mignt consider it, and my boss TOLD me to go get new pants. The old ones were looking "sahbby" on me. So.... I was wearing 44" waist and now....I'm wearing 40".

Troy

Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2009, 02:30 PM   #542
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jbiggars63
Stats: 493/192/193
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 1/23/2009
WTG Tcrow!
Old 04-29-2009, 02:48 PM   #543
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: hudiman
Stats: 5'2" /155/ now at goal 125
WOE: Medi Weightloss Clinc
Start Date: April 23, 2009
I have book club tonight and the wine flows freely, just hope I can say no to both the wine and appetizers and stick to my guns. Don't want to screw up my weigh in tomorrow.
Old 04-29-2009, 02:51 PM   #544
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Want2Lose2
Stats: 192.8/165/145-150
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 4/14/09
Week 2 weigh-in went ok. I had a bad weekend as I had a close friend pass away in an accident. I tried to make good choices but drank a lot of alcohol. I felt so badly about "cheating" I started back to week 1 on Monday. But I weighed in last night and still lost 2.5 lbs. So I will continue with week 1 eating until Friday and then add back in veggies.

Congratulations to all weight loss this week and Welcome Mommy-2-Girls!
Old 04-29-2009, 04:07 PM   #545
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SDC2
Stats: 5' 7.5" 218/150/155 Maintenance
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: November 20, 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by hudiman View Post
I have book club tonight and the wine flows freely, just hope I can say no to both the wine and appetizers and stick to my guns. Don't want to screw up my weigh in tomorrow.
Eat before you go and drink plenty of water. If you do decide to partake in the wine have at least 20 oz of water between each glass. If they have shrimp or veggies target them. Focus on the activity and the conversation instead of the food.

Susie
Old 04-29-2009, 04:10 PM   #546
Senior LCF Member

Just had my scallops with plenty of water. And I really don't think I even feel like wine. We will see, thanks for the suggestions. This will be my first test. I know I can say no,
Old 04-29-2009, 04:12 PM   #547
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jeffery's girl
Stats: 219.4/189/140
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: February 09,2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy-2-girls View Post
Hi, I am just wanting to introduce myself! I have been reading the Medi threads for the past few days and it's very encouraging and challenging to hear all the stories. I have my 1st appointment tomorrow (Thursday). I had a "free info" session yesterday and needed to go home to discuss all the details with my husband before making a decision, but he's totally supportive and I'm going for it!

I am a WAHM and have 2 little girls. My older daughter is almost 2 and my little one is 6 months. I have a lot of weight to lose, close to 100lbs. I really really need to be a better example for them! I want them to be proud of their mommy and to be honest, I am so scared that my poor habits will result in them being overweight too.

I actually weaned my younger daughter early for the purpose of doing some major weight loss, so this is a big deal for me. It is to the point that I just HAVE to make a major change, I can't keep feeling so bad.

I have PCOS (heard a couple others mention this) but my bp, blood sugars, etc are normal. I am 30 and so far I've been "lucky" health-wise, but I sure would like it to stay that way!

Looking forward to getting to know you all

We are so glad to have you join us! Hang in there and if I can help in any way please let me know.
Sherrie
Old 04-29-2009, 06:12 PM   #548
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mommy-2-girls
Stats: 5'9" 299.2/249.2/180
WOE: Medi Weight Loss/Wii Fit/Yoga
Start Date: Restart after pregnancy bedrest: January 5, 2011
I hope this is OK to post here.. the Clipper, one of those free papers that you get at the grocery store, has a $50 off coupon for Medi this month and I was able to get it online. When I went in on Tuesday, my clinic said to look for it. It's for an initial consult.

Printing

Now, I know this is valid in the Tampa area, but outside that, I don't know. But perhaps this will help somebody else who's struggling with the $$ side getting started.
Old 04-29-2009, 07:30 PM   #549
Junior LCF Member

Stats: 136/116/113
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: November 28, 2008
Just Checking In and Congrats to Everyone

Jerry -

You are my inspiration! I love your blog and love to see your posts. I have great news - one of my great co-workers is starting Medi next week and I am going to go through agonizing week 1 with her. I need a kick in the rear to make the scales move since i am so close to my goal. I have been eating alot of food lately! My doctor and I were just talking about how our metabolisms tend to reset when we are on Medi and what use to pack weight on, now gets burned off.

McBoo and Susie - most of us couldn't get through this without you either. So many great people on this forum that I know without a doubt that you all are some of the best people in the world and your hearts show up on these boards and they are BIG!

Have a great week everyone and welcome to all the newbies! Pray for me as I go back to week one next week! Looking forward to purging my body of the impuritites and returning back to protein only.

Susan
Old 04-29-2009, 07:43 PM   #550
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: McBoo
Stats: 216/140/140 Now on Maintainance
WOE: Medi Weightloss Clinics
Start Date: June 17, 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by perdidocarbaddict View Post
Jerry -

You are my inspiration! I love your blog and love to see your posts. I have great news - one of my great co-workers is starting Medi next week and I am going to go through agonizing week 1 with her. I need a kick in the rear to make the scales move since i am so close to my goal. I have been eating alot of food lately! My doctor and I were just talking about how our metabolisms tend to reset when we are on Medi and what use to pack weight on, now gets burned off.

McBoo and Susie - most of us couldn't get through this without you either. So many great people on this forum that I know without a doubt that you all are some of the best people in the world and your hearts show up on these boards and they are BIG!

Have a great week everyone and welcome to all the newbies! Pray for me as I go back to week one next week! Looking forward to purging my body of the impuritites and returning back to protein only.

Susan

Susan,

You are doing a great thing by going back to week 1 and helping your co-worker get started with the plan. If you have been eating off plan it will do you good to get to your goal. If you have been following the plan it may set you back for the week but don't worry about it you will fix it the next week. I say this from experience when my partner who is on medi with me decided in the early stages of the plan that he ate well when he had shrimp with regular cocktail sauce and a small portion of boneless chicken breast in addition to the medi-compliant lunch I had packed him and gained 2lbs in that week and didn't understand why until asked by the counselor exactly what he had eaten earlier that day and the day before. I went back to week one with him until he was back in ketosis.

You are a great friend and your co-woker should be thrilled to have a friend a great as you.

McBoo

Before and after Pics
http://www.slide.com/profile?puid=UY...S8QcfBRFZvgCG0

"Born right the first time"
"BE KIND TO ONE ANOTHER"
"CANCER SUCKS"
Old 04-29-2009, 08:44 PM   #551
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: karenvk
Stats: 183/153/123
WOE: medi weight loss clinic
Start Date: 4/15/2009
hi all, I had my second weight - in and lost 3 pounds. A total of 10 pounds in 2 weeks. Hopefully I can be 20 pounds lighter by the end of my first month with medi.
Reading the post daily makes me feel verry motivated. Thanks to all
Old 04-29-2009, 08:50 PM   #552
Junior LCF Member

I was told at my clinic that since a was doing so good, I should treat myself with something that I crave. Do you thing I should do this? I really don't crave anythin jet!
Old 04-29-2009, 08:55 PM   #553
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by karenvk View Post
I was told at my clinic that since a was doing so good, I should treat myself with something that I crave. Do you thing I should do this? I really don't crave anythin jet!
Karenvk,

If you aren't craving anything don't even consider it. If you do decide to break down and have something off plan be prepared to deal with the consequences and no complaining if you gain weight or don't lose as much as you thought you should. You control your own destiny.

How bad do you want it?

McBoo
Old 04-30-2009, 05:30 AM   #554
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: crobyninc
Stats: 335/243/180
WOE: Low carb and watching calories
Start Date: March 9 2009
McBoo and Karenvk

I totally agree with you McBoo. Don't crave it don't do it. Kind of surprised that the clinic would say that, I guess it is more money in their pocket if you take longer to lose the weight... In eight weeks I have not had any real cravings but I mostly don't want to derail what I have acheived already and that makes me not want to cheat.

It looks this month has come to close. I will be anxious to see our weight loss totals. We haven't heard from McChestnut in awhile. This weeks loses have been really good again.

I heard on the news this morning that the bad ecomony is causing more americans to eat poorly and gain more weight and I thought to my self ---- Not my friends on MWL we are thinner and healthier than ever before! We are breaking a trend my friends! Way to go!!!!
Old 04-30-2009, 05:49 AM   #555
Senior LCF Member

I made the Pork Rind Oven Fried Fish last night and it is a keeper recipe!

I made it with Grouper because that is the fish my son and husband have been bringing home from their fishing trips but any large firm filet will work like Cod or Mahi.

I am not a huge fan of how pork rinds taste but mixed with the parm and parsley then baked in the oven there was no pork rind taste and the coating gets crunchy.

My family was thrilled we can have baked fish that tastes unhealthy!
Old 04-30-2009, 07:11 AM   #556
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Justin1
Stats: 324.5/197/190
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: 4/15/09
Can someone detail exactly what the negatives of alcohol can be with this plan? For example, I understand that it can make you go off plan by getting hungry, or losing focus and saying 'who cares i will order pizza and deal with it tomorrow' kinda thing.

but is it really bad to say, have a bacardi silver and diet coke per say? i don't think it knocks you out of ketosis, as I did atkins several years ago and was able to enjoy a few drinks socially every now and then and still lose weight. I figure it is about 100 calories an oz though, which is definitely a deterrent when dealing with such few calories allowed per day.
Old 04-30-2009, 07:25 AM   #557
Senior LCF Member

Justin1

Here was a discussion that happen a couple of months ago, maybe this will answer your questions:

Alcohol

For me, I never drank that much anyway, so giving it up was not a problem but now I just don't want to waste my 500 calories on a drink!
Old 04-30-2009, 07:40 AM   #558
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: susan1234
Stats: 248-218-not sure,mini goal is 200
WOE: medi
Start Date: 03-07-09
Hi everyone ,thanks for your input. Today iam starting back to day one. Susan, i think im very bord with the food, and i came to terms that, that is my own fault. So with that said im going to print some of the recipies and make good things happen. I have been making excusses and its time for me to step up.Yesterday i went to the gym for the first time since i stared medi and to day i started day one, just till i get back into ketosis. Is it ok for me to do that and not do the full week? I started medi at 248 and now iam 224 so i guess thats not to bad its the most weight ive lost in 4 yrs.Time to lose 24 more lbs.Thanks again to every one for your words. wish me luck!
Old 04-30-2009, 07:41 AM   #559
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Justin1
Stats: 324.5/197/190
Start Date: 4/15/09
Quote:
Originally Posted by crobyninc View Post
Justin1

Here was a discussion that happen a couple of months ago, maybe this will answer your questions:

Alcohol

For me, I never drank that much anyway, so giving it up was not a problem but now I just don't want to waste my 500 calories on a drink!
Thanks for the link. Pretty much what I expected It's good information to have as a reminder that it will slow you down, and put you in a situation of temptation that you wouldn't be in otherwise.

I'm assuming that even though you may not go out of ketosis, your body will stop burning fat to burn that alcohol first, then go back to burning fat.
Old 04-30-2009, 08:29 AM   #560
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crobyninc View Post
I made the Pork Rind Oven Fried Fish last night and it is a keeper recipe!

I made it with Grouper because that is the fish my son and husband have been bringing home from their fishing trips but any large firm filet will work like Cod or Mahi.

I am not a huge fan of how pork rinds taste but mixed with the parm and parsley then baked in the oven there was no pork rind taste and the coating gets crunchy.

My family was thrilled we can have baked fish that tastes unhealthy!
I will definitely try this one. I'll let you know how it goes.

Susie
Old 04-30-2009, 08:35 AM   #561
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by perdidocarbaddict View Post
Jerry -

Susan
Hi Susan,

Thanks for checking in. We've missed you. How's Rhi? Is she a married woman yet?

Good luck going back to week 1. Please keep us posted on how it goes. I think it is great that you are willing to suffer along with your friend just to support her. I'm sure you'll tell your friend about the newbie thread.

Susie
Old 04-30-2009, 10:06 AM   #562
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Krissy66
Stats: I'm not overweight, I'm undertall
WOE: (VSG 11/28/12)
Start Date: June, 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Want2Lose2 View Post
Week 2 weigh-in went ok. I had a bad weekend as I had a close friend pass away in an accident. I tried to make good choices but drank a lot of alcohol. I felt so badly about "cheating" I started back to week 1 on Monday. But I weighed in last night and still lost 2.5 lbs. So I will continue with week 1 eating until Friday and then add back in veggies.

Congratulations to all weight loss this week and Welcome Mommy-2-Girls!
I am so terribly sorry for this loss in your life. It will take time to heal, so be good to yourself. This is a terrible thing that has happened to you.
Old 04-30-2009, 11:28 AM   #563
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: 2009ismyear
Stats: Original start feb 1-- 208/158/150 --lost 30 b4
Start Date: July 14
I just got back from my weigh in ..if you remember i gained 8 pounds last week because of vacation.. Went back to week 1 and down 10.5 pounds.. I asked them if i could get on the scale 2x because i didn't believe it...
Old 04-30-2009, 11:31 AM   #564
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2009ismyear View Post
I just got back from my weigh in ..if you remember i gained 8 pounds last week because of vacation.. Went back to week 1 and down 10.5 pounds.. I asked them if i could get on the scale 2x because i didn't believe it...
Wow that is fantastic

McBoo
Old 04-30-2009, 11:45 AM   #565
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Dreamtrue
Stats: 322/177/145
WOE: WLS/VSG
Start Date: 12/19/2011
After a lot of thought and research, I've decided to MediWeight loss. I have my first appt on Monday. So I'll be joining y'all for your May thread. I can't wait to get started. I only wish I had started a few months ago when I first considered the program.
Old 04-30-2009, 11:51 AM   #566
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jonpryor99
Stats: 240/193/190
WOE: Atkins / Medi Weight Loss clinics
Start Date: 9/24/2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhlong View Post
After a lot of thought and research, I've decided to MediWeight loss. I have my first appt on Monday. So I'll be joining y'all for your May thread. I can't wait to get started. I only wish I had started a few months ago when I first considered the program.
Old 04-30-2009, 12:37 PM   #567
Senior LCF Member

Just had my first weigh-in, lost 6 lbs. got so excited I went to the Y and rode the bike for 30 min. burned 120 calories. Yahoo!
Old 04-30-2009, 12:54 PM   #568
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jbiggars63
Stats: 493/192/193
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 1/23/2009
Rhonda!

WTG! Hudiman!
Old 04-30-2009, 01:23 PM   #569
Junior LCF Member

mcboo & crobyninc,

You guys are right, there is no nead to cheat. I won't do it! I really want to continue losing weight and mantain it for ever.
Old 04-30-2009, 02:09 PM   #570
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: susan1234
Stats: 248-218-not sure,mini goal is 200
WOE: medi
Start Date: 03-07-09
has anyone notied hailoss since starting medi? I read a low fat and low carb diet leads hair loss.
Closed Thread