Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2009, 10:46 AM   #481
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: AUTiger
WOE: Medi
Start Date: Restart 01/2012
WTG Susie and Jerry.

Keep up the GREAT work.

Heather

Sponsored Links
Old 04-27-2009, 11:18 AM   #482
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Tcrow47
Stats: 242.5/199/185
WOE: Medi-Weight Loss
Start Date: March 25, 2009
Yes, I would like some cheese with this whine!

Hey folks,

Look, I really dont mean to come in here and "Bleed" all over you...but...

I gotta tell you I'm getting sick of the program. It's been really successful for me so far, and I have no intention of abandoning it. However, it is becoming extremely difficult. I'm nealry six-weeks into it, and I just hate the repetitive diet choices. I love a good protein source (MEAT!), but god is it getting old.

I've tied some of the various recepies found here and in other places, but, due to cheese allergies and extreme sensitivity to Vegetable carb sources, I've been essentially eating week one for six weeks now. The only extra I've been able to add successfully is a Tbsp of peanut butter once or twice a week, and Pork rinds. Everything else just seems to screw-up the whole Ketosis thingee.

As a result of all of this, I've found myself on a couple of occasions in the last week or so radically undereating my daily claories, just because I cant stand the thought of another pork chop or extra-lean hamburger pattie.

I havent cheated yet, but, guys, I can feel it coming.

Please forgive the whining.

Troy

"Alles Gorgeatuum sic subjuctatus nunc!
Old 04-27-2009, 02:03 PM   #483
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: crobyninc
Stats: 335/243/180
WOE: Low carb and watching calories
Start Date: March 9 2009
Hi All

Awesome job to Susie and Jerry! You guys are making it so much easier for me to keep on plugging away at my weight!

I just go back from my weigh-in and lost another 3.2 pounds and 8 pounds in fat. I don't know how accurate the fat measurement is but who cares. I lost on the scale and that makes me happy. So in 7 weeks I have lost a total of 33.8 pounds and next week I should break into the 200's! I can't wait!

Good luck to everyone this week at your weigh-ins, stay focused and keep posting!

Robyn
Old 04-27-2009, 02:23 PM   #484
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: crobyninc
Stats: 335/243/180
WOE: Low carb and watching calories
Start Date: March 9 2009
Hey Troy

I read your post and I hate to see you feeling like this because you were so motivated in the beginning. Have you tried any of the miracle noodles? They really help a lot with making "pasta" like meals. I don't know if you can do tomato sauce or not but that would change up the ground beef and chicken meals a lot.

I find that I lose better if I stay closer to week 1 with very high protein meals and just include a salad with dinner, with the exception of the "pasta" meals. Also Walden Farms has a calorie free Tomato sauce and Alfredo sauce, which I got online, have not found it in stores. Again these are not the real thing and neither are the miracle noodles but they give you the change that I think you are looking for.

Another trick I have started is using romaine lettuce leafs as "bread". My new lunch fav is the 2.3 oz tuna cup, a Laughing cow light cheese wedge tuna melt sandwich. Lame I know but it is really good! You could do the same only use the calorie free Walden Farms Ranch dressing in the tuna instead of cheese.

So some things I am doing this week for dinner:

- Chicken chili, no beans of course (there is a recipe in recipe section)
- Spinach Asiago cheese Chicken brats in a romaine lettuce bun (these are awesome and only 110 cals per brat, 5 Fat and 2 Carbs)
- Miracle Noodle Lazagna (I am using FF cheeses and no cal tomato sauce) and ground chicken
- Oven fried chicken thighs (dipped in eggs whites and then powdered Ranch dressing mix)
- Baked Grouper (topped with FF sour cream, dijon mustard, fresh parsley, oregano and basil and LF grated parm, broil until brown and bubbly)
- And because for some reason if I don't eat Salmon at least once a week, I don't lose weight, Smoked Salmon (My husband's recipe - Splenda, Garlic powder, Crystal Hot Sauce and Emerils Essence - Smoke the salmon for 2 hours basting often with the Hot Sauce mixture).

Just some ideas and don't lose hope. You have come to far to quit. We are not going to let you. So get busy in the kitchen and start creating!

BTW, you mentioned Pork Rinds, I just bought some and I want to grind them up and use as a coating on fish to make "fried fish" in the oven. I am hoping it will work....
Old 04-27-2009, 02:54 PM   #485
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jbiggars63
Stats: 493/192/193
Start Date: 1/23/2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by crobyninc View Post
Hey Troy

I read your post and I hate to see you feeling like this because you were so motivated in the beginning. Have you tried any of the miracle noodles? They really help a lot with making "pasta" like meals. I don't know if you can do tomato sauce or not but that would change up the ground beef and chicken meals a lot.

I find that I lose better if I stay closer to week 1 with very high protein meals and just include a salad with dinner, with the exception of the "pasta" meals. Also Walden Farms has a calorie free Tomato sauce and Alfredo sauce, which I got online, have not found it in stores. Again these are not the real thing and neither are the miracle noodles but they give you the change that I think you are looking for.

Another trick I have started is using romaine lettuce leafs as "bread". My new lunch fav is the 2.3 oz tuna cup, a Laughing cow light cheese wedge tuna melt sandwich. Lame I know but it is really good! You could do the same only use the calorie free Walden Farms Ranch dressing in the tuna instead of cheese.

- Spinach Asiago cheese Chicken brats in a romaine lettuce bun (these are awesome and only 110 cals per brat, 5 Fat and 2 Carbs)
- Miracle Noodle Lazagna (I am using FF cheeses and no cal tomato sauce) and ground chicken
- Oven fried chicken thighs (dipped in eggs whites and then powdered Ranch dressing mix)
- Baked Grouper (topped with FF sour cream, dijon mustard, fresh parsley, oregano and basil and LF grated parm, broil until brown and bubbly)
- And because for some reason if I don't eat Salmon at least once a week, I don't lose weight, Smoked Salmon (My husband's recipe - Splenda, Garlic powder, Crystal Hot Sauce and Emerils Essence - Smoke the salmon for 2 hours basting often with the Hot Sauce mixture).

Just some ideas and don't lose hope. You have come to far to quit. We are not going to let you. So get busy in the kitchen and start creating!

BTW, you mentioned Pork Rinds, I just bought some and I want to grind them up and use as a coating on fish to make "fried fish" in the oven. I am hoping it will work....

Awesome idea on the fried fish deal! Let us know how that worked out! Where do I find the info on the Chicken brats?
Old 04-27-2009, 03:22 PM   #486
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mathteacher
Stats: 207.5/159/140
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: 2-2-08
I had a huge week this week. This week is week 12 and I lost 7.5 pounds. I am down 36 pounds total. I am so excited.
Old 04-27-2009, 03:47 PM   #487
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SDC2
Stats: 5' 7.5" 218/150/155 Maintenance
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: November 20, 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by crobyninc View Post
Hey Troy

Wow Robyn,

Great advice and awesome ideas. Can you come cook for me?

Susie

Last edited by SDC2; 04-27-2009 at 03:51 PM..
Old 04-27-2009, 03:49 PM   #488
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBenjamin View Post
Hey everyone.

I'm in the beginning of my third week at Medi and already down 15lbs! Just wanted to say that having access to a site so full of informative and encouraging posts made getting through the first two weeks that much easier for me. You are all such an inspiration.

This is a great site with lots of support. It sounds like you are doing great. Keep up the good work and keep posting.

Susie
Old 04-27-2009, 03:51 PM   #489
Major LCF Poster!

WTG Robyn and MathTeacher!

Susie
Old 04-27-2009, 03:55 PM   #490
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: McBoo
Stats: 216/140/140 Now on Maintainance
WOE: Medi Weightloss Clinics
Start Date: June 17, 2008
Robyn and Mathteacher,

Congratulations on a great week. Keep up the good work. Youa are both doing fantastic.

McBoo
Old 04-27-2009, 04:17 PM   #491
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pjg24fan
Stats: 260.5/199/150
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: 2/5/09
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDC2 View Post
I just got back from my weekly appointment and was down 1.4 pounds for a total of 53 pounds. I have 10 pounds left to get to my goal. My fat percentage is 33% (within normal range) and my BMI is 25.5. So close!

Susie
Woo Hoo you are almost there!
Old 04-27-2009, 04:19 PM   #492
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pjg24fan
Stats: 260.5/199/150
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: 2/5/09
WTG
Jerry- Robyn-Mathteacher
Old 04-27-2009, 05:10 PM   #493
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: CurleyQ
Stats: 260/220/160
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 3/22/09
Robyn and Mathteacher - What a great week. Keep up the good work!
Old 04-27-2009, 05:25 PM   #494
Junior LCF Member

Troy- I am sorry to see you discouraged. You are doing so well! Have you talked to your counselor about this? My counselor told me today that she has quite a few people that are not in ketosis but still losing a lot every week. You might find that even though you are out of ketosis, you are still losing. If the veggies are really affecting you, then maybe you could determine what your "compromise" is. For example, maybe you lose 1 lb less a week, but you get to eat your allotted veggies. I think I would take a slower weightloss if it insured that I didn't cheat out of boredom.....just a thought. Also, like others have said, try the recipes and try to create your own to keep it interesting. Good luck and don't give up - you CAN do it!
Old 04-27-2009, 05:38 PM   #495
Junior LCF Member

Week 5 Weigh in

Had my 5th weigh in and lost 4lbs for a total of 21.5lbs and my husband lost 5.5lbs for a total of 30.5lbs. I feel awesome! I made it through TWO birthday parties this weekend (one was my 3yr old's) and did not cheat AT ALL! I did some tweaking this week and have determined that smaller workouts and an extra 100 calories/day is the right mix for me. I also was out of ketosis a bunch of times this week, but the PA said it was not unusual and to keep doing what I am doing.

You know what else? Saying "No, thank you" to cake was not nearly as hard as I thought it would be. I feel that I am finally understanding what my triggers are and I am so scared of what will happen if I cheat even once that I am just not willing to find out.

Thanks for letting me get that out! Have a great week everyone!
Old 04-27-2009, 05:58 PM   #496
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: McBoo
Stats: 216/140/140 Now on Maintainance
WOE: Medi Weightloss Clinics
Start Date: June 17, 2008
Great job CurleyQ

Wonderful loss this week.

McBoo
Old 04-27-2009, 06:26 PM   #497
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mathteacher
Stats: 207.5/159/140
Start Date: 2-2-08
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcrow47 View Post
Hey folks,

I gotta tell you I'm getting sick of the program. It's been really successful for me so far, and I have no intention of abandoning it. However, it is becoming extremely difficult. I'm nealry six-weeks into it, and I just hate the repetitive diet choices. I love a good protein source (MEAT!), but god is it getting old.

I've tied some of the various recepies found here and in other places, but, due to cheese allergies and extreme sensitivity to Vegetable carb sources, I've been essentially eating week one for six weeks now. The only extra I've been able to add successfully is a Tbsp of peanut butter once or twice a week, and Pork rinds. Everything else just seems to screw-up the whole Ketosis thingee.

As a result of all of this, I've found myself on a couple of occasions in the last week or so radically undereating my daily claories, just because I cant stand the thought of another pork chop or extra-lean hamburger pattie.

Troy

Troy~
If you have not made some of the recipes on the recipe board, I would highly advise it. I think I have some up with every way you could eat chicken or turkey. I try to add in fish or shrimp at least one or two nights a week to add variation.

To be honest, I have an omelet from time to time at dinner with left over chicken in it.

I have been on Medi for 12 weeks now and started having issues with ketosis. I went to eatting nothing but protein for the last week to get me back into ketosis, but my body is happy in moderate ketosis right now. I had a huge loss this week and added veggies back in tonight. We are going to see how they mess with my weight loss. I only eat friut on occassion and usually in a smoothie.

I hope this helps. Don't give up. Everyone in here is willing to give suggestions and help you any way they can.

Shas
Week 11: 179.0 Week 12: 171.5 Week 13: 170.5
Week 14: 169.5 Week 15: 165.6 Week 18: 161.5
Week 20: 159.0
"I am changing my life one day at a time."
Old 04-27-2009, 07:22 PM   #498
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcrow47 View Post
Hey folks,

Troy
Speaking of cheese with your whine, have you tried the crustless pizza and crustless quesadillas? You could make both of them with or without veggies and they are really good. The cheese makes the crust. Just a suggestion. I hope you figure this out because you are doing so well and we all want to see you succeed. I'm so glad you asked for help before you gave up. We are here for you.

Susie
Old 04-27-2009, 07:23 PM   #499
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurleyQ View Post
Had my 5th weigh in and lost 4lbs for a total of 21.5lbs and my husband lost 5.5lbs for a total of 30.5lbs. I feel awesome! I made it through TWO birthday parties this weekend (one was my 3yr old's) and did not cheat AT ALL! I did some tweaking this week and have determined that smaller workouts and an extra 100 calories/day is the right mix for me. I also was out of ketosis a bunch of times this week, but the PA said it was not unusual and to keep doing what I am doing.

You know what else? Saying "No, thank you" to cake was not nearly as hard as I thought it would be. I feel that I am finally understanding what my triggers are and I am so scared of what will happen if I cheat even once that I am just not willing to find out.

CurleyQ,

Great job on the weightloss!

Susie
Old 04-28-2009, 06:29 AM   #500
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jeffery's girl
Stats: 219.4/189/140
Start Date: February 09,2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathteacher View Post
I had a huge week this week. This week is week 12 and I lost 7.5 pounds. I am down 36 pounds total. I am so excited.
You look amazing! Great job!
Sherrie
Old 04-28-2009, 06:32 AM   #501
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jeffery's girl
Stats: 219.4/189/140
Start Date: February 09,2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by CurleyQ View Post

WOW birthday cake is a big one! You have offically passed the point of no return No stopping you now!!! Congratulations.
Sherrie
Old 04-28-2009, 07:55 AM   #502
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kbhayward
Stats: 193/165.5/150
Start Date: restart 3/30/12
Sounds like everyone is doing fantastic !! Troy, hang in there! I have only checked the ketosis thing about 3 times in the last 18 weeks! Just stick to the calories and veggies for a week without worrying about the ketosis and see how it goes! Everyone's body responds so differently!
Old 04-28-2009, 08:00 AM   #503
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kbhayward
Stats: 193/165.5/150
Start Date: restart 3/30/12
Weighed in this week (18th week) and lost 2.2 pounds for a grand total of ........52 pounds. Only 5 more to go!

Tried three new recipes this week, I will be adding to the recipe thread when I get a chance. THey were wonderful........ Beef tips w/ veggies; spinach stuffed chicken breasts, & peppered mushroom burgers. YUMMO!!!

I love pork rinds so I am anxiously awaiting the results of the fish, crobyninc.
Old 04-28-2009, 08:25 AM   #504
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
I am falling all over myself listening to the talk about pork rinds. If there is one thing that I totally cannot stand to look at much less eat (besides broccoli, cauliflower, and brussell sprouts), it is pork rinds. I honestly do not know how people eat them, I suppose to some they taste good, but pork rinds are in the same category as cheetos to me! Tried them once, and almost got sick. So you guys can have them all!

So kudos to those who can eat them, and like them. For me, they will never make it as a food source! Trust me, this is definitely not a criticism, just a thought of my own.

Bring on the apples, grapes, and raspberries!

And congrats to all the weight loss this week! Woohoo!!

Hang in there Troy, you CAN do this!

Jo
Old 04-28-2009, 08:38 AM   #505
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ash347
Start Date: March 20,09
a lil concerned

congrats to all the losses! that is so awesome!
I went to my appt yesterday( i had missed last week) and i thought i would have lost more. I lost 2.4, which brings my total to like 17 i think. But, i went from being almost sedentary to up running around with kids 12 hours a day! I thought i would have lost a ton! The problem might be not eating much, since ive been so busy i keep forgetting to eat! ( who knew that would ever happen!). Im a little discouraged . Im eating on plan, drinking water and excercising. I dont know what the problem is ....
Old 04-28-2009, 09:33 AM   #506
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: sybs
Stats: 220/190ish/150
WOE: Lower carb
First weigh in today and I'm down 6.2 pounds! YAY! Excited, but I must admit I was hoping for a bigger number. My goal is to be down 20 pounds in 4 weeks so this is right on track for that. Congrats to everyone else for their awesome losses!
Old 04-28-2009, 10:45 AM   #507
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert-Rose7 View Post
I am falling all over myself listening to the talk about pork rinds. If there is one thing that I totally cannot stand to look at much less eat (besides broccoli, cauliflower, and brussell sprouts), it is pork rinds. I honestly do not know how people eat them, I suppose to some they taste good, but pork rinds are in the same category as cheetos to me! Tried them once, and almost got sick. So you guys can have them all!

So kudos to those who can eat them, and like them. For me, they will never make it as a food source! Trust me, this is definitely not a criticism, just a thought of my own.

Bring on the apples, grapes, and raspberries!

And congrats to all the weight loss this week! Woohoo!!

Hang in there Troy, you CAN do this!

Jo

I agree, very bland but as a coating on chicken, sounds like something I might try.
Old 04-28-2009, 10:47 AM   #508
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash347 View Post
congrats to all the losses! that is so awesome!
I went to my appt yesterday( i had missed last week) and i thought i would have lost more. I lost 2.4, which brings my total to like 17 i think. But, i went from being almost sedentary to up running around with kids 12 hours a day! I thought i would have lost a ton! The problem might be not eating much, since ive been so busy i keep forgetting to eat! ( who knew that would ever happen!). Im a little discouraged . Im eating on plan, drinking water and excercising. I dont know what the problem is ....

You are logging everything that goes in your mouth right? You might track the sodium content too since too much will make your retain too much water weight.
Old 04-28-2009, 12:27 PM   #509
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Tcrow47
Stats: 242.5/199/185
WOE: Medi-Weight Loss
Start Date: March 25, 2009
Ketostix

I ran out of Ketostix 3 days ago. Stopped by the clinic for my midweek injection. They offered to sell me a 50ct bottle for $22.95. Hadn't any cash at the time so I thought I'd wait.

Well, the good news is that I found an online resource for these. I ordered 3 100ct. bottles for $15.95 plus shipping. Total was $23.85.

The website is: Distributor of clia waived clinical diagnostics and drug testing kits.

Just thought y'all might like to know.

Troy
Old 04-28-2009, 12:46 PM   #510
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jonpryor99
Stats: 240/193/190
WOE: Atkins / Medi Weight Loss clinics
Start Date: 9/24/2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbiggars63 View Post
I agree, very bland but as a coating on chicken, sounds like something I might try.
They make hot/spicy pork rinds that rock! In years past when I had done Atkins I used to eat them alot. I haven't had any since being on Medi though as they do have alot of fat and calories even though they are low/no carb.
Closed Thread