Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2009, 02:58 AM   #451
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: crobyninc
Stats: 335/243/180
WOE: Low carb and watching calories
Start Date: March 9 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDC2 View Post
I have used the miracle noodles on a regular basis since week 2 and have not had a problem. I stay in ketosis while I am having them. Again, that is what is key. I know others who have as well. I asked about them at my clinic and they had never heard of them and were suspicious. They asked what the noodles are made of and I said a plant. They said plants are vegetables and have carbs. I said that I have lost over 4 pounds on weeks when I've had the noodles and have had them all along and consistently have lost weight. The doctor said if you stay in ketosis while you have them they are probably fine. The noodles claim to have 0 calories, and 0 net carbs.

I eat Dannon carb smart yogurt which has 60 cals and 3g carbs. I use the fat free cream cheese. Both are perfectly legal after week 1.

I went back and looked at the cauliflower pizza recipe and I don't think it is 15carbs for 1 slice. It calls for 8 cups of cauliflower. That has to be for more than 1 crust. I would have to make it and add it up for myself. I use The Daily Plate on LIVESTRONG.COM - Calorie Counter, Weight Loss, Food Calorie Counter, Nutrition Facts | LIVESTRONG.COM to get the nutritional information for my recipes. Maybe Robyn can shed some light on the nutritional facts she gave.

Susie
Susie you are right, it is for 2 crusts and 2 slices. Sorry for the confusion!

Sponsored Links
Old 04-24-2009, 03:38 AM   #452
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: grettagirl
Stats: 193/121.6/130
WOE: mediweightloss
Start Date: 1/30/09
I just noticed we have not heard from Rhonda, Mchestnut or JonPryor for a while now. Are you guys ok?
Old 04-24-2009, 06:27 AM   #453
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Justin1
Stats: 324.5/197/190
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: 4/15/09
i just want to make sure....I am allowed 2 cups of veggies in week 2 and are these in addition to my 750cal/day?

Yesterday I had green beans, mushrooms, onions throughout the day (today i was in mild ketosis, and had been in moderate the past 4 days)
Old 04-24-2009, 06:52 AM   #454
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Krissy66
Stats: I'm not overweight, I'm undertall
WOE: (VSG 11/28/12)
Start Date: June, 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2009ismyear View Post
just got back from vacation last night... I totally enjoyed myself and didn't think about medi.. I did go right back today and weighed in.. I gained 3 1/2 of fat and 3 pounds of water... So back to week 1 for me...
This has happened to me a few times. Don't sweat it. It's when you let it all go to hell and forget about your plan when the trouble starts. Make peace with the occasional faltering, and move on!!
Old 04-24-2009, 08:27 AM   #455
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jonpryor99
Stats: 240/193/190
WOE: Atkins / Medi Weight Loss clinics
Start Date: 9/24/2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by grettagirl View Post
I just noticed we have not heard from Rhonda, Mchestnut or JonPryor for a while now. Are you guys ok?
I'm still here. I check the boards everyday to keep up with how everyone is doing but just haven't had anything exciting to post about. Went for my weigh in this morning and I was down 2lbs from 2 weeks ago but the scale said I was up 1lb of fat... I get so frustrated with those screwy readings.

I'm at 193 lbs and 3 lbs from my goal weight of 190 but have been in this same weight range 192 - 195 since mid February. Because of the hernia and hernia surgery I had I couldn't exercise for the past 2 months but I finally started running again last week and figured I would see a few pounds of fat loss.

I have the green light from the surgeon to start lifting weights again next week so hopefully that will ignite the fat burning process again. The clinic said I should probably do 3 or 4 days of just protein without any veggies or fruit.
Week 5 - 219.6 - Week 7 - 214.6
Week 8 - 213.2 - Week 10 - 209.4
Week 12 - 205.2 - Week 15 - 205.2
Week 17 - 197.8 - Week 19 - 194.4
Week 22 - 192.2
Old 04-24-2009, 11:30 AM   #456
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ash347
WOE: Medi
Start Date: March 20,09
missing in action!

hello all!
Way to go with all the losses! that is so awesome! I just started two part time jobs this week and am so exhausted i barely even have time to check email or sit down! Seriously, yesterday i sat down three times maybe. In the morning i work with kids on an excercise activity called the Fun Bus lol and then in the afternoon i am a nanny for two boys and play soccer and run around the neighborhood. I am whipped! But at least i am getting excercise! thank god for those pills, or i wouldnt have the energy. Im a little dizzy but its okay. I couldnt weigh in this week because there wasnt even a free hour! but i have been eating the right amount and possibly not even enough..
should i take more vitamins? Way to go you guys!
Ashley
ps- i am wearing jeans for the first time in forever!
Old 04-24-2009, 12:21 PM   #457
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: McBoo
Stats: 216/140/140 Now on Maintainance
WOE: Medi Weightloss Clinics
Start Date: June 17, 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonpryor99 View Post
I'm still here. I check the boards everyday to keep up with how everyone is doing but just haven't had anything exciting to post about. Went for my weigh in this morning and I was down 2lbs from 2 weeks ago but the scale said I was up 1lb of fat... I get so frustrated with those screwy readings.

I'm at 193 lbs and 3 lbs from my goal weight of 190 but have been in this same weight range 192 - 195 since mid February. Because of the hernia and hernia surgery I had I couldn't exercise for the past 2 months but I finally started running again last week and figured I would see a few pounds of fat loss.

I have the green light from the surgeon to start lifting weights again next week so hopefully that will ignite the fat burning process again. The clinic said I should probably do 3 or 4 days of just protein without any veggies or fruit.

Jon,

You are doing great. Once you can get back into your regular routine you will feel so much better and those last 3 lbs will go. Don't obsess about a certain number on the scale. It will all work out.

McBoo
Old 04-24-2009, 12:23 PM   #458
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash347 View Post
hello all!
Way to go with all the losses! that is so awesome! I just started two part time jobs this week and am so exhausted i barely even have time to check email or sit down! Seriously, yesterday i sat down three times maybe. In the morning i work with kids on an excercise activity called the Fun Bus lol and then in the afternoon i am a nanny for two boys and play soccer and run around the neighborhood. I am whipped! But at least i am getting excercise! thank god for those pills, or i wouldnt have the energy. Im a little dizzy but its okay. I couldnt weigh in this week because there wasnt even a free hour! but i have been eating the right amount and possibly not even enough..
Ashley
Ashley,

Those kids will keep you very active and that is a good thing. Make sure you are getting all your calories in. That could be part of the dizziness. You need fuel to keep up with all that activity.

McBoo
Old 04-24-2009, 01:46 PM   #459
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Krissy66
Stats: I'm not overweight, I'm undertall
WOE: (VSG 11/28/12)
Start Date: June, 2008
Quote:

I would still hold off on crunches, dead lifts,leg presses, and chest presses for a bit more.
Old 04-24-2009, 04:08 PM   #460
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

I am glad to see you are doing so well ! I am sure that last 3 pounds will be gone very soon, everyone says the last 5 are so hard to lose.I know what you mean about the readings, it can be very frustrating especially when you know you have been giving it your all. Good luck , I am routing for you to be able to join McBoo!
Old 04-24-2009, 04:16 PM   #461
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash347 View Post
hello all!
Ashley
Oh my gosh, you must be exhusted! I love kids, so I imagine it must be a fun job. Just don't forget to get the calories in ,even if if you have to plan ahead for the day. I can't say extra vitamins would help, but the extra MIC shot seems to give me a boost when I feel like I am crashing. I am so happy for you about being able to wear jeans again, great job!!
Old 04-25-2009, 02:57 AM   #462
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pjg24fan
Stats: 260.5/199/150
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: 2/5/09
Just checking in- lost 2.6 for a total of 38.5
Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 04-25-2009, 03:58 AM   #463
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: obrn93
Stats: 184/168/161/155
WOE: medi weight loss
Start Date: 3/2009
Hi all have noot posted in a while. did not lose any weight this week and now I'm bummed. trying harder this week and hope I have better results this coming week so far 19.2 lbs
Old 04-25-2009, 05:28 AM   #464
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjg24fan View Post
Just checking in- lost 2.6 for a total of 38.5
Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Phyllis,

You are doing great. Keep up the good work.

McBoo
Old 04-25-2009, 08:52 AM   #465
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SDC2
Stats: 5' 7.5" 218/150/155 Maintenance
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: November 20, 2008
Ashley, Jon and Phyllis... congratulations on your losses.

Jon, way to hold fast while working through an injury and surgery. I'm impressed. You and McBoo set a great example for us all. No excuses.

Ashley, I love your energy and excitement. Wear those jeans proudly.

Phyllis, you are steadfast and consistent. It's wonderful watching the pounds fall off (even if it is only through a post).

2009, way to get right back to plan. Another great example for us all to follow. It is so easy to turn set backs into spirals. You have a great attitude.

obrn, don't get discouraged. Sometimes your body needs a week to adjust to the changes. If you stick to the plan you will see results. Instead of focusing on that stupid number, focus on how your clothes are fitting or the lifestyle changes. It seems for me, that the weeks my weight loss slows down my clothes start feeling loser.

Justin, the 2 cups of vegetables or 1cup vegetable and 1 fruit, are in addition to your allotted calories. Make sure your selections are Medi compliant. You should have gotten a sheet from your clinic to let you know which fruits and vegetables are allowed.

Thanks for all the great posts, encouragement and wonderful support. I hope you all have a fun filled weekend.

Susie
Old 04-25-2009, 12:38 PM   #466
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
Quote:
Ashley, Jon and Phyllis... congratulations on your losses.

Jon, way to hold fast while working through an injury and surgery. I'm impressed. You and McBoo set a great example for us all. No excuses.

Ashley, I love your energy and excitement. Wear those jeans proudly.

Phyllis, you are steadfast and consistent. It's wonderful watching the pounds fall off (even if it is only through a post).

2009, way to get right back to plan. Another great example for us all to follow. It is so easy to turn set backs into spirals. You have a great attitude.

obrn, don't get discouraged. Sometimes your body needs a week to adjust to the changes. If you stick to the plan you will see results. Instead of focusing on that stupid number, focus on how your clothes are fitting or the lifestyle changes. It seems for me, that the weeks my weight loss slows down my clothes start feeling loser.

Justin, the 2 cups of vegetables or 1cup vegetable and 1 fruit, are in addition to your allotted calories. Make sure your selections are Medi compliant. You should have gotten a sheet from your clinic to let you know which fruits and vegetables are allowed.

Thanks for all the great posts, encouragement and wonderful support. I hope you all have a fun filled weekend.

Susie
And kudos to allfrom me too!

I miss one day in here and have to play catch up like crazy. My 7 year old computer is beginning to show signs of its age so I spent yesterday chasing about checking out various new possibilities and also checking out new TVs since mine is 6 years old and not HD compliant. Lots of online research came first and yesterday was checking out the actual items. So tiring to chase about the countryside like that! Fending off the salespeople!

At any rate, I did my Friday morning weigh in and am down another 3.5 lbs getting ever closer to being under 200. I had sort of planned that to happen yesterday, but happy with the result nonetheless. Down a total of 59.5 lbs overall.

Wishing a great weekend for everyone!

Jo
Old 04-25-2009, 02:25 PM   #467
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert-Rose7 View Post

I miss one day in here and have to play catch up like crazy. My 7 year old computer is beginning to show signs of its age so I spent yesterday chasing about checking out various new possibilities and also checking out new TVs since mine is 6 years old and not HD compliant. Lots of online research came first and yesterday was checking out the actual items. So tiring to chase about the countryside like that! Fending off the salespeople!

At any rate, I did my Friday morning weigh in and am down another 3.5 lbs getting ever closer to being under 200. I had sort of planned that to happen yesterday, but happy with the result nonetheless. Down a total of 59.5 lbs overall.

Jo
Great job Jo!

Good luck on your computer and TV search.

Susie
Old 04-25-2009, 04:31 PM   #468
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert-Rose7 View Post

Jo
Great job Jo

McBoo
Old 04-25-2009, 06:10 PM   #469
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jeffery's girl
Stats: 219.4/189/140
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: February 09,2009
I'm so proud of you Jo!!
Sherrie
Old 04-25-2009, 06:28 PM   #470
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: crobyninc
Stats: 335/243/180
WOE: Low carb and watching calories
Start Date: March 9 2009
Wow Jo

60 pounds in 4 months!!!! That is just incredible! You must be looking fantasic!
Old 04-25-2009, 07:27 PM   #471
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you Susie, McBoo, Sherrie and Robyn. People are really beginning to notice now.

I would love to go back to my office just to say "hi". My main mentor at work is the one who encouraged me to do this, and she has lost 76 lbs and has maintained it now for almost a year. Another co-worker who joined a week ahead of me is also doing well. We email and encourage each other even now. Neither of them have seen me since the end of January. However, they (management) are not too keen on "displaced" workers coming back...not good for morale they say. So I guess we can all meet away from the campus.

Have any of you seen the little pamphlet MediLiving, Volume 6? The couple on the back are from my clinic in Scottsdale! How cool is that!

Jo
Old 04-26-2009, 04:58 PM   #472
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mathteacher
Stats: 207.5/159/140
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: 2-2-08
I have a question. I have been back to eatting week 1, due to vacation the previous week. Was told last week I could start having fruits and veggies again once I hit moderate ketosis again. I have made it almost a whole week without, tomorrow is weigh in and I am still not back in ketosis. I have never had a problem with being in moderate ketosis before. I have continued walking and about 30 minutes on the Wii Fit this week, because I have not had time to get to the gym. Has anyone else experienced this or gone from moderate to small ketosis. I am going to ask them to check my ketosis level at my appointment tomorrow to see if my stix have gone bad. Just wanted some input from some of you.
Week 11: 179.0 Week 12: 171.5 Week 13: 170.5
Week 14: 169.5 Week 15: 165.6 Week 18: 161.5
Week 20: 159.0
"I am changing my life one day at a time."
Old 04-27-2009, 07:18 AM   #473
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: sybs
Stats: 220/190ish/150
WOE: Lower carb
My weigh in is tomorrow...I'm very anxious to see how much I've lost. I'm wondering if I've done week 1 right. I wasn't really counting calories from gum, and at first I had underestimated my creamer calories! Then at least 2 days I went WAY over the 500 calorie limit. I also skipped working out this past week, but I'm starting back today. I've stuck with the protein only! Which is HUGE for me. I really hope I've lost a bunch so I stay motivated. If I've only lost a few pounds then it's going to take a LOT of convincing for me to continue. Wish me luck!
Old 04-27-2009, 07:21 AM   #474
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: CurleyQ
Stats: 260/220/160
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 3/22/09
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathteacher View Post
I have a question. I have been back to eatting week 1, due to vacation the previous week. Was told last week I could start having fruits and veggies again once I hit moderate ketosis again. I have made it almost a whole week without, tomorrow is weigh in and I am still not back in ketosis. I have never had a problem with being in moderate ketosis before. I have continued walking and about 30 minutes on the Wii Fit this week, because I have not had time to get to the gym. Has anyone else experienced this or gone from moderate to small ketosis. I am going to ask them to check my ketosis level at my appointment tomorrow to see if my stix have gone bad. Just wanted some input from some of you.
I don't have any answers for you, but this week I suddenly went from moderate to small and some days negative. I haven't eaten anything new or different. I am pretty sure my stix are good because my husband always shows that he is in moderate and we use the same bottle. I think I have continued to lose this week despite that, but will know for sure later today. I am going to ask about it and will see what they say. I will post back later. Let me know what your clinic says.
Old 04-27-2009, 07:33 AM   #475
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jbiggars63
Stats: 493/192/193
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 1/23/2009
WTG Everyone! I love to see all of the successes from everyone! Well, after losing 10 POUNDS!!!! on Friday I am now at 104 POUNDS LOST!!!!!!!!!!!

A little more than a third of the way to goal!
Old 04-27-2009, 09:19 AM   #476
Major LCF Poster!

Weekly Weigh-in Report

I just got back from my weekly appointment and was down 1.4 pounds for a total of 53 pounds. I have 10 pounds left to get to my goal. My fat percentage is 33% (within normal range) and my BMI is 25.5. So close!

Susie
Old 04-27-2009, 09:20 AM   #477
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: CBenjamin
Stats: 5'9 - 238/238/185
Start Date: Restarting 7 months postpartum - 4/4/2011
Hey everyone.

I'm in the beginning of my third week at Medi and already down 15lbs! Just wanted to say that having access to a site so full of informative and encouraging posts made getting through the first two weeks that much easier for me. You are all such an inspiration.
Old 04-27-2009, 09:44 AM   #478
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I just got back from my weekly appointment and was down 1.4 pounds for a total of 53 pounds. I have 10 pounds left to get to my goal. My fat percentage is 33% (within normal range) and my BMI is 25.5. So close!

Susie

Susie~
WTG, girl!

You, too, are a great inspiration to us all! Look at how beautiful you look. You have always been beautiful, but you just glow now!

Jo
Old 04-27-2009, 10:12 AM   #479
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: CurleyQ
Stats: 260/220/160
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 3/22/09
Quote:

Susie
That is so exciting, Susie! Congratulations! The countdown to maintenance begins! 10, 9, 8...
Old 04-27-2009, 10:22 AM   #480
Blabbermouth!!!

Susie and Jerry great job. You both are doing wonderfully.

McBoo
Closed Thread