Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2009, 02:47 PM   #421
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: grettagirl
Stats: 193/121.6/130
WOE: mediweightloss
Start Date: 1/30/09
Quote:
Originally Posted by susan1234 View Post
I WAS WOUNERING IF ANYONE HERE TAKES THE COLON CLEANSER THAT MEDI OFFERS? I WANTED TO TRY IT, BUT WANTED TO KNOW IF AND HOW IT WORKS I WAS JUS ON LINE READING ABOUT OTHER BRANDS AND ITS KINDA SCARY WHAT COMES OUT!
I just started the colon cleanser last week and I really feel it has helped me. I have always had a problem with constipation so you can imagine that this way of eating hasn't helped the situation. I would definately recommend you you try it, no cramps or anything with using it. Good luck!

Sponsored Links
Old 04-22-2009, 03:25 PM   #422
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
A CHEAT MEAL?????? Are you serious?

There is no way I would ever do that.

It is totally counterproductive to everything the program teaches. Why would anyone want to sabotage themselves? Because that is exactly what could happen. Sounds pretty crazy to me.

And McBoo is correct, all clinics are different, but I thought corporate policy was exactly that. I am going to email the clinic I go to and see what they have to say. Not that they are gospel, but they do follow the corporate policy to the letter. And I am very interested as to what others have to say as well.

But as for me...no way.

Jo
Old 04-22-2009, 10:12 PM   #423
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: orlando2002
Stats: 217/177/160
WOE: Medi Weight loss clinic
Start Date: 3/11/09
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcrow47 View Post
Week 4, 4.1lb loss. I'm down to 219.5 lbs for a total of 23 lbs in 4 weeks. Yay!! Yay!!

Thanks to all for all the support.

Troy

GREAT JOB! Congratulations!
Old 04-22-2009, 10:22 PM   #424
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: orlando2002
Stats: 217/177/160
WOE: Medi Weight loss clinic
Start Date: 3/11/09
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsP View Post
When I first started the program (March 21st) the Dr. at my clinic said he allows one 'cheat meal' a week. Not a go-crazy, anything goes meal but a meal within reason that's not medi compliant. Was anyone else told this? Do you use it and how significantly does that impact your weight loss for the week? I haven't used the 'cheat-clause' at all since starting because I'm afraid it would de-rail my progress. I was down 26 lbs at my 4-week weigh-in (last friday) and want to keep it going. Thanks

P.S. Congrat's to everyone. I see such amazing accomplishments on all of your posts! It's inspiring!
I see MEDI as a rehabilitation program for people addicted to food. I believe this program is teaching us how to live without thinking about food all the time, eating good food and making right choices ... This is a process to cure our bodies and minds.

I never heard of a person going to a rehabilitation program for Alcohol or drugs, allowed to have a "cheat drink" or "cheat weed" once a week, because the consecuence could be a disaster ...

I see food as serious as alchohol or drugs, the "cleaning" is a process. I have admited myself I have a problem, then, admited in front of all my friends and family that I was addicted to food and I need help, then, I joined MEDI and have changed my life!

For me, no "cheat meal" thanks!

Last edited by orlando2002; 04-22-2009 at 10:25 PM..
Old 04-23-2009, 03:59 AM   #425
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jenosojnicki
Stats: 358/324/?
WOE: Medi-Weightloss Clinic
Start Date: 3/20/09
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert-Rose7 View Post
A CHEAT MEAL?????? Are you serious?

There is no way I would ever do that.

It is totally counterproductive to everything the program teaches. Why would anyone want to sabotage themselves? Because that is exactly what could happen. Sounds pretty crazy to me.

And McBoo is correct, all clinics are different, but I thought corporate policy was exactly that. I am going to email the clinic I go to and see what they have to say. Not that they are gospel, but they do follow the corporate policy to the letter. And I am very interested as to what others have to say as well.

But as for me...no way.

Jo
A cheat meal would send me into a carb-filled french fry haze! I try to remember that I had 37 years of cheat meals. I know what it tastes like. Cheat meals got me to 358 pounds! I am an adult I can handle not going off the program. I am going to ask the clinic today when I go in.
Old 04-23-2009, 04:25 AM   #426
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: crobyninc
Stats: 335/243/180
WOE: Low carb and watching calories
Start Date: March 9 2009
I am with everyone else here: The Cheat Meal is off limits. We joined Medi to break the bad habits we have developed. I don't remember who said it but cheating becomes a game and before long you are a loser and NOT in the pounds department.

So I say Don't have the cheat meal. Wait until you are in maintainence to add whatever you are craving.

Now on to the good news!!! Congrats to all the losers - So far this week has been awesome for all. I am predicting we will beat March for pounds gone forever! We are kicking some fat around and showing it who the winners are!

Also the posts on the Colon Cleanser - I stopped using them because I did not feel they were working and started using a fiber pill that my husband has used for years. It is Publix's store brand. I am also taking Colace which was recommended by my clinic in week 2. I too would not be able to go without both of these pills.
Old 04-23-2009, 04:31 AM   #427
Senior LCF Member

I forgot, Troy - About the cravings - There is no solution for what you are wanting, totally bad stuff there, but maybe this weekend or on your day off, recreate a meal to be Medi Friendly. For me this is really helpful and makes me feel like I am not dieting. It can be really simple. Like this week - I really wanted a Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich. I got it by making it with low fat cheese and the "bread" was a big lettuce leaf, but more importantly I was completely happy with just 4 oz of the meat mixture. It worked and now I am happy again. Just a suggestion.

For the late at night cravings - Do some of Suzie and Jo's desserts. They are awesome and again you have a little bit and that was all that was needed.

BTW you are doing great! I am sure everyone must be noticing your success!
Old 04-23-2009, 04:36 AM   #428
Senior LCF Member

I need to brag - I'll say "sorry" now!

My daugther, who is a senior in high school and is taking a cosmetology class as a part of her studies, just won the State Skills USA Cosmetology Competition for Florida. She is now going to Kansas City in June to represent Florida! Then after that she will be getting ready to head off to college where she has a full scholarship at Florida Gulf Coast University in Ft. Myers to Study Civil and Environmental Engineering.

My husband and I are so proud of her! Thanks for sharing this with me!
Old 04-23-2009, 04:58 AM   #429
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: McBoo
Stats: 216/140/140 Now on Maintainance
WOE: Medi Weightloss Clinics
Start Date: June 17, 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by crobyninc View Post
My daugther, who is a senior in high school and is taking a cosmetology class as a part of her studies, just won the State Skills USA Cosmetology Competition for Florida. She is now going to Kansas City in June to represent Florida! Then after that she will be getting ready to head off to college where she has a full scholarship at Florida Gulf Coast University in Ft. Myers to Study Civil and Environmental Engineering.

Congratulations Robyn.
Your daughter will love FGCU. It is a the newest school in the University system and has a beautiful campus and Gulf Coast Town Center is a stones throw away.

McBoo
Old 04-23-2009, 06:06 AM   #430
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jeffery's girl
Stats: 219.4/189/140
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: February 09,2009
Quote:

Robyn, Congratulations, I celebrate the accomplishment of your daughter! Please tell her WAY TO GO from a Medi friend.
Best Wishes for a successful future,
Sherrie
Old 04-23-2009, 06:16 AM   #431
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jeffery's girl
Stats: 219.4/189/140
Start Date: February 09,2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsP View Post
When I first started the program (March 21st) the Dr. at my clinic said he allows one 'cheat meal' a week. Not a go-crazy, anything goes meal but a meal within reason that's not medi compliant. Was anyone else told this? Do you use it and how significantly does that impact your weight loss for the week? I haven't used the 'cheat-clause' at all since starting because I'm afraid it would de-rail my progress. I was down 26 lbs at my 4-week weigh-in (last friday) and want to keep it going. Thanks

P.S. Congrat's to everyone. I see such amazing accomplishments on all of your posts! It's inspiring!
MrsP, Congratulations on your loss of 26 pounds in 4 weeks! I have been on Medi and followed the program closley for 10 weeks yet show a much smaller loss of 21.5 pounds. If I went off the program once a week my progress would come to a halt. $35 dollars a pound is motivation to keep me Medi compliant! It was hard enough getting back into ketosis after I had the flu!
Just saying no to carbs
Sherrie
Old 04-23-2009, 07:21 AM   #432
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: CurleyQ
Stats: 260/220/160
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 3/22/09
Quote:

Congratulations to your daughter! What a great accomplishment for her and a testament to what great parents she has!
Old 04-23-2009, 11:11 AM   #433
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MrsP
Stats: 282/175/160
Start Date: March 21, 2009
GEEZ!

Wow I didn't mean to cause such a stir by asking about the cheat meal.

I think some of you may have gotten the wrong idea from my question, I wasn't looking for the OK to cheat. I haven't yet and have no intention on doing so. I feel, as many of you do, that it would be like falling of the wagon. I was only curious as to whether this was the norm. Obviously, it isn't.

The next time I see the actual Dr. I'll bring it up and see what he says just to clarify. I know that he discussed the cheat meal once a week but maybe he meant it in another context. (Not sure what context that would have been but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt) I'll let everyone know what I find out.

By the way- Are there set weeks that you see the actual Dr. or is it only if you have an issue?

~I ended my love affiar with food so that I could start loving myself.~
Old 04-23-2009, 11:21 AM   #434
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
Quote:

Congratulations on your daughter's success, Robyn!

I am sure she will have a spectacular college career!

Jo
Old 04-23-2009, 11:40 AM   #435
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dodgern
Stats: 236/150.6/140- now on maintenance
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 2/26/09
Quote:

Congrats and your not wrong in bragging!!!!
Old 04-23-2009, 11:42 AM   #436
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SDC2
Stats: 5' 7.5" 218/150/155 Maintenance
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: November 20, 2008
Quote:

Robyn,

Congratulations on your daughter's success and getting a full ride at FGCU! That is huge. My oldest son graduates from Marymount Manhattan College in just a few weeks. We are taking a road trip up to New York to bring him home. Those 4 years flew by! I have another son who is a freshman at University of Central Florida, and a son who is a junior in high school, so I can really relate. Thanks for sharing.

Susie
Old 04-23-2009, 11:49 AM   #437
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: AUTiger
WOE: Medi
Start Date: Restart 01/2012
Hello everybody,

Congrats to everyone for the GREAT weight loss!!!

I have been on vacation and fell off the wagon. I just can't seem to get back in the swing of things. My doc had upped me to 1000 cals/day but I still try to stay under that but I am subbing bad food for the correct stuff. What do you suggest? I am trying to stay off the diet pills and just do the shots, fat burner, and vitamins. It is like something important is really missing. I need some ideas to get me back on track. I have put back on 5 lbs but I don't want it to go any higher. McBoo where are you???????????????

Thanks in advance for everyone's help.
Old 04-23-2009, 11:52 AM   #438
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dodgern
Stats: 236/150.6/140- now on maintenance
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 2/26/09
Well had my weigh-in today. I'm just a little disappointed that I didn't hit "onederland" this week BUT I'm still happy!!!
I lost another 2.1lbs BUT lost 2.8lbs of fat

My parents have been down visiting and they finally got used to my way of eating They've been very supportive and helpful by leaving me to "my" food!

They're very proud of me

There are 3 of us ay my job that are doing the medi program, so we are our own support group We're thinking about taking an after picture of us when we all finally reach goal and join McBoo in maintenance

I told my clinic about this website and they're going to check us out AND recommend you all to everyone in the clinic! Guess my bragging about y'all has finally got to them

Congrats to all the losers this week

Cindy
Old 04-23-2009, 12:18 PM   #439
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Want2Lose2
Stats: 192.8/165/145-150
Start Date: 4/14/09
I need some guidance. I'm day 2 of week 2. I'm worried that I'm going to mess this up.

At my clinic Tuesday I was told add 2c salad, and 2 veggies or I could sub out 1 veggie for 1 fruit.

But last night I was reading up in my packet and read:" You may add two cups of salad, two cups of vegetables, or one cup of each per day. You can also exchange a fruit for a vegetable."

So am I right in thinking I get two cups of veggies per day period?

If so, I messed up yesterday because I had a salad for lunch which was 2c lettuce, 1/4 cup red peppers. I also had 1/2 c cooked spinach with my dinner? Which was a total of 2 3/4 c so I went over.

If I'm not reading this the right way can someone help me out?

Also I'm seeing all of these great recipes .. especially the cauliflower pizza.. but that seems like a lot of veggies and 15g of carbs so would one slice be all my veggies and carbs for the day?

And I also bought some turkey sausage...very good 140cal, 2g fat, 1g carb. Is it ok to have 1 carb that is not veggie related?

Sorry for so many questions
Old 04-23-2009, 12:31 PM   #440
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Want2Lose2 View Post
I need some guidance. I'm day 2 of week 2. I'm worried that I'm going to mess this up.

At my clinic Tuesday I was told add 2c salad, and 2 veggies or I could sub out 1 veggie for 1 fruit.

But last night I was reading up in my packet and read:" You may add two cups of salad, two cups of vegetables, or one cup of each per day. You can also exchange a fruit for a vegetable."

If so, I messed up yesterday because I had a salad for lunch which was 2c lettuce, 1/4 cup red peppers. I also had 1/2 c cooked spinach with my dinner? Which was a total of 2 3/4 c so I went over.

Also I'm seeing all of these great recipes .. especially the cauliflower pizza.. but that seems like a lot of veggies and 15g of carbs so would one slice be all my veggies and carbs for the day?

And I also bought some turkey sausage...very good 140cal, 2g fat, 1g carb. Is it ok to have 1 carb that is not veggie related?

It is 2c veggies per day, or 1c veggie and 1 fruit. I wouldn't stress too much over going over by 3/4 cup. Are you still in ketosis? That is the important thing and why vegetables/fruit are restricted. If you fell out of ketosis eliminate the veggies/fruit completely until you go back in. It shouldn't take more than a day or two.

As for the recipes in the recipe thread, most of them are very low carb. If one seems to high (and I agree, 15g carb for one slice is a lot) see if you can cut the carbs by using less vegetables or whatever else is in the recipe. I usually try to keep my carbs 6 or less for the recipes I make.

You can have the 1 carb that is not veggie related. If you start reading labels you will find there are carbs in a lot of things you didn't realize. Just be sure to account for them all. My doctor told me to keep my carbs to 20g per day.

Do not feel bad about asking questions. That is what this support group is here for. We were all where you are once upon a time. In no time you will be the one helping others and giving out advice.

Susie
Old 04-23-2009, 12:42 PM   #441
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Want2Lose2
Stats: 192.8/165/145-150
Start Date: 4/14/09
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDC2 View Post
It is 2c veggies per day, or 1c veggie and 1 fruit. I wouldn't stress too much over going over by 3/4 cup. Are you still in ketosis? That is the important thing and why vegetables/fruit are restricted. If you fell out of ketosis eliminate the veggies/fruit completely until you go back in. It shouldn't take more than a day or two.

As for the recipes in the recipe thread, most of them are very low carb. If one seems to high (and I agree, 15g carb for one slice is a lot) see if you can cut the carbs by using less vegetables or whatever else is in the recipe. I usually try to keep my carbs 6 or less for the recipes I make.

You can have the 1 carb that is not veggie related. If you start reading labels you will find there are carbs in a lot of things you didn't realize. Just be sure to account for them all. My doctor told me to keep my carbs to 20g per day.

Do not feel bad about asking questions. That is what this support group is here for. We were all where you are once upon a time. In no time you will be the one helping others and giving out advice.

Susie

Thanks Susie

How about Mirical noodles, can I have them in week two? What would they count as?

My center also did not say anything about yogurt or cream cheese, are those for the next stage?
Old 04-23-2009, 01:21 PM   #442
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUTiger View Post
Hello everybody,

Congrats to everyone for the GREAT weight loss!!!

I have been on vacation and fell off the wagon. I just can't seem to get back in the swing of things. My doc had upped me to 1000 cals/day but I still try to stay under that but I am subbing bad food for the correct stuff. What do you suggest? I am trying to stay off the diet pills and just do the shots, fat burner, and vitamins. It is like something important is really missing. I need some ideas to get me back on track. I have put back on 5 lbs but I don't want it to go any higher. McBoo where are you???????????????

Thanks in advance for everyone's help.
AUTiger,

Is there a reason you are staying away from the pills? If not you may want to try 2 1/2 pills per day (1 pill total) just until you get back under control. If there is a reason you can't take them lots of broth will take the edge off.

Good luck you can do it

McBoo
Old 04-23-2009, 02:18 PM   #443
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: AUTiger
WOE: Medi
Start Date: Restart 01/2012
Thanks McBoo. I will start drinking my broth.

Thanks again.
Old 04-23-2009, 04:22 PM   #444
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: grettagirl
Stats: 193/121.6/130
WOE: mediweightloss
Start Date: 1/30/09
Hi everyone! I went for my weigh in today and I lost 3.8!!I am so happy! I have lost 37 lbs. in 12 weeks- I can't believe it.After last weeks weigh in I decided to make sure I weighed my veggies, I was having too much, and I eliminated aspagus. For some reason it knocks me out of ketosis. I thought it was my strips, but it wasn't. I am going to try a 1/2 cup to see what happens because I do like it now.(never had it before, bad about trying veggies until this program) Congratulations to all the losers and thanks for all the support
Old 04-23-2009, 04:42 PM   #445
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grettagirl View Post
Hi everyone! I went for my weigh in today and I lost 3.8!!I am so happy! I have lost 37 lbs. in 12 weeks- I can't believe it.After last weeks weigh in I decided to make sure I weighed my veggies, I was having too much, and I eliminated aspagus. For some reason it knocks me out of ketosis. I thought it was my strips, but it wasn't. I am going to try a 1/2 cup to see what happens because I do like it now.(never had it before, bad about trying veggies until this program) Congratulations to all the losers and thanks for all the support
Great job Gretta. You are doing so well. Hopefully you can get the aspargus to work for you since it is in season now and generally on sale.

Good luck

McBoo
Old 04-23-2009, 04:51 PM   #446
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jenosojnicki
Stats: 358/324/?
WOE: Medi-Weightloss Clinic
Start Date: 3/20/09
Thank you for your advice McBoo!!! I cut my exercise waaaay down. I walked and went bowling. I did do one kickboxing lesson but I lost 5 pounds!!! I have lost 29 pounds in 5 weeks!!!!
Old 04-23-2009, 06:02 PM   #447
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenosojnicki View Post
Thank you for your advice McBoo!!! I cut my exercise waaaay down. I walked and went bowling. I did do one kickboxing lesson but I lost 5 pounds!!! I have lost 29 pounds in 5 weeks!!!!

Jen,

Glad you had great results. I know it doesn't seem right but it really does work.

Great job.

McBoo
Old 04-23-2009, 06:40 PM   #448
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Want2Lose2 View Post

I have used the miracle noodles on a regular basis since week 2 and have not had a problem. I stay in ketosis while I am having them. Again, that is what is key. I know others who have as well. I asked about them at my clinic and they had never heard of them and were suspicious. They asked what the noodles are made of and I said a plant. They said plants are vegetables and have carbs. I said that I have lost over 4 pounds on weeks when I've had the noodles and have had them all along and consistently have lost weight. The doctor said if you stay in ketosis while you have them they are probably fine. The noodles claim to have 0 calories, and 0 net carbs.

I eat Dannon carb smart yogurt which has 60 cals and 3g carbs. I use the fat free cream cheese. Both are perfectly legal after week 1.

I went back and looked at the cauliflower pizza recipe and I don't think it is 15carbs for 1 slice. It calls for 8 cups of cauliflower. That has to be for more than 1 crust. I would have to make it and add it up for myself. I use The Daily Plate on LIVESTRONG.COM - Calorie Counter, Weight Loss, Food Calorie Counter, Nutrition Facts | LIVESTRONG.COM to get the nutritional information for my recipes. Maybe Robyn can shed some light on the nutritional facts she gave.

Susie

Last edited by SDC2; 04-23-2009 at 06:50 PM..
Old 04-23-2009, 06:54 PM   #449
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: 2009ismyear
Stats: Original start feb 1-- 208/158/150 --lost 30 b4
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: July 14
just got back from vacation last night... I totally enjoyed myself and didn't think about medi.. I did go right back today and weighed in.. I gained 3 1/2 of fat and 3 pounds of water... So back to week 1 for me...
Old 04-23-2009, 07:08 PM   #450
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2009ismyear View Post
just got back from vacation last night... I totally enjoyed myself and didn't think about medi.. I did go right back today and weighed in.. I gained 3 1/2 of fat and 3 pounds of water... So back to week 1 for me...
That would be the best to get back on track.

McBoo
Closed Thread