Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2009, 02:55 PM   #361
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Want2Lose2
Stats: 192.8/165/145-150
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 4/14/09
Hello All,

I am on day 6 almost done with week 1!!! But I'm starting to wonder if I will ever be able to eat out again? This has been the hardest week. Especially the weekend. I can't pin point a craving... I just want to eat real food. I'm trying not to be negitive but it was so hard. Making breakfast for my family Sunday moring, and not having French Toast. Will I ever be allowed to add in stuff like that? Maybe if I know there is an end to the resirtiction I'll feel better. I'm just feeling like I can't do this. I'm sure everyone does at some point. I've been reading about all of your sucess and I want to do this so bad. That is what kept me from eating the french toast. I said to myself, you havenot had carbs in 5 days don't make all that hard work for nothing.

Sorry I just had to vent for a minute.

Any adivse on what lies ahead?

Sponsored Links
Old 04-20-2009, 03:24 PM   #362
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: crobyninc
Stats: 335/243/180
WOE: Low carb and watching calories
Start Date: March 9 2009
Just got back from my 6th weigh in: 3.2 pounds off this week and I had another mini goal of 30.8 pounds off! I am hoping for a big loss this week so that I can break into the 200's, another goal. Fingers are crossed! Good luck to everyone who weighs in later this week and congrats to everyone today! We are starting the week off great!
Old 04-20-2009, 03:26 PM   #363
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SDC2
Stats: 5' 7.5" 218/150/155 Maintenance
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: November 20, 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Want2Lose2 View Post
Hello All,

I am on day 6 almost done with week 1!!! But I'm starting to wonder if I will ever be able to eat out again? This has been the hardest week. Especially the weekend. I can't pin point a craving... I just want to eat real food. I'm trying not to be negitive but it was so hard. Making breakfast for my family Sunday moring, and not having French Toast. Will I ever be allowed to add in stuff like that? Maybe if I know there is an end to the resirtiction I'll feel better. I'm just feeling like I can't do this. I'm sure everyone does at some point. I've been reading about all of your sucess and I want to do this so bad. That is what kept me from eating the french toast. I said to myself, you havenot had carbs in 5 days don't make all that hard work for nothing.

Sorry I just had to vent for a minute.

Any adivse on what lies ahead?
Believe it or not the cravings for carbs will go away, making it so much easier. Check out the recipe thread. There are 2 different pancake recipes in there that might help your craving for french toast (once week one is over). Hang in there and you will be so glad you did. Wait until they weigh you and you see what your week 1 loss is. Then you will know that you can do it. Week 1 is the hardest.

Also, make sure you are eating real meats and not just the processed meats like lunchmeat. Grill yourself a juicy steak on the bbq. You are worth it!

We are here for you!

Susie
Old 04-20-2009, 03:37 PM   #364
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffery's girl View Post
So EXCITED!!! I am under 200 pounds!!! I weighed 198 today!
Sherrie
Sherrie,

I am so excited for you! I remember the feeling. Then you will get excited as you distance yourself further and further from that number. Keep up the good work.

Also congrats to KB (I'll call it an even 50), and Robyn. I love to see the successes. It is so motivating. Thanks for sharing.

I was down .8 for a total of 3.4 during 3 weeks of traveling. My doctor seemed a little worried about the slow down, but I wasn't. She also suggested that even though my weight isn't where I want it to be, it's just a number and that I look normal now and might want to consider stopping here. I am wearing smaller clothes than I ever wore before, but would still like to get down to at least 155 (11 more pounds). With the exception of the money I'm spending on the program, since I feel good and look normal, I am in no great hurry and have been very happy with my progress.

Susie
Old 04-20-2009, 03:47 PM   #365
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: McBoo
Stats: 216/140/140 Now on Maintainance
WOE: Medi Weightloss Clinics
Start Date: June 17, 2008
Great job Susie and Robyn

Only you will know when it is the right time to go on maintainance. Remember when I was obsessed with a certain number I wanted on the scale?

Don't drive yourself crazy. You will know when it is time.

McBoo
Old 04-20-2009, 04:13 PM   #366
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: grettagirl
Stats: 193/121.6/130
WOE: mediweightloss
Start Date: 1/30/09
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlando2002 View Post
I want to share this ....

In January, I was wearing pants size 16 and tops XXL. Since I am going on vacations and all my clothes look very bad, even the smallest I have in my closet, I have to buy a pair of pants and some tops ...

I went shopping today. I bought 3 pants size TENNNNNN and 4 tops Size LARGE. I can't believe I can wear a pant size 10 ......

I am supper happy!
YAHOO! Isn't that the best feeling!Great Job!
Old 04-20-2009, 04:24 PM   #367
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: grettagirl
Stats: 193/121.6/130
WOE: mediweightloss
Start Date: 1/30/09
Quote:
Sherrie
Congratulations Sherrie! I'm so happy for you!
Old 04-20-2009, 05:11 PM   #368
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
Quote:
Sherrie
Woohoo!WAY TO GO Sherrie!!!!

I know how hard you have worked to get here! You go girl!

Jo
Old 04-20-2009, 05:17 PM   #369
Major LCF Poster!

And moreWoohoo! Way To Go For kbhayward and Susie!!!

..and if I missed anyone..WTG for you as well!

Jo
Old 04-20-2009, 05:47 PM   #370
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mathteacher
Stats: 207.5/159/140
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: 2-2-08
Everyone is doing awesome.

I had my weigh in today. I gained 3.2 pounds after being on a cruise for a week. She told me this was the smallest amount she had seen someone gain after a cruise. I started back eating week one this morning. Goal is to be where I was at the end of the week and maybe down a little more.
Old 04-20-2009, 06:48 PM   #371
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pjg24fan
Stats: 260.5/199/150
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: 2/5/09
Congratulations to you all
I have not been around and have been reading all the posts -WTG
I hope I do as well this week -sick last week- I weigh in on Thursday have been sticking to plan as best as I can
Have a great week!
Old 04-20-2009, 06:57 PM   #372
Major LCF Poster!

Hey there Mathteacher! You are looking good in that picture, girl! You will get back to where you were and go on from there!

Jo
Old 04-20-2009, 07:31 PM   #373
Blabbermouth!!!

Phyllis,

Hope you feel better soon

McBoo
Old 04-20-2009, 09:07 PM   #374
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mathteacher
Stats: 207.5/159/140
Start Date: 2-2-08
Thanks Desert-Rose! I have been very relaxed since I got back. I was able to keep up with my sons. Five more weeks until I am a stay at home mom for the summer. Looking into some outdoor adventures to take the boys on this summer. Shouldn't be too hard since we are 15 mintues from the beach. I think I am going to attempt a treasure hunt.
Old 04-20-2009, 09:22 PM   #375
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: orlando2002
Stats: 217/177/160
WOE: Medi Weight loss clinic
Start Date: 3/11/09
Quote:
Sherrie
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-20-2009, 10:38 PM   #376
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LHR218
Start Date: March 11, 2009
Congrats Jeffrey's Girl! I can't wait to get under 200. That is just awesome! You're an inspiration for me to keep going!
Old 04-20-2009, 10:44 PM   #377
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LHR218
Start Date: March 11, 2009
I went into ketosis practically right away the first week. I started March 11 and have lost 18 lbs. I know--should have been more---trip out of town last week was hard but coming back was even harder. I don't know why but indulged in a few things that threw me out. Been back on program since Saturday and still am not in ketosis. Just had protein for three days. I'm just shocked that I'm still not in ketosis. Even wonder if keeping them in the bathroom may have gotten them damp, though I put top right back on. Guess I just need to wait til weigh-in tomorrow before I freak out! Just had to vent. so sorry--been a lurker and love this program but I really had hoped to be at 30 by the end of the month..March 11-April 30. I know, small steps and not too much loss at one time. Any thoughts, ideas, suggestions? Or just chill til tomorrow's appt?!? Thanks so much. Love this board! Y'all are all so nice. Lucy
Old 04-21-2009, 06:49 AM   #378
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jeffery's girl
Stats: 219.4/189/140
Start Date: February 09,2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by LHR218 View Post
I went into ketosis practically right away the first week. I started March 11 and have lost 18 lbs. I know--should have been more---trip out of town last week was hard but coming back was even harder. I don't know why but indulged in a few things that threw me out. Been back on program since Saturday and still am not in ketosis. Just had protein for three days. I'm just shocked that I'm still not in ketosis. Even wonder if keeping them in the bathroom may have gotten them damp, though I put top right back on. Guess I just need to wait til weigh-in tomorrow before I freak out! Just had to vent. so sorry--been a lurker and love this program but I really had hoped to be at 30 by the end of the month..March 11-April 30. I know, small steps and not too much loss at one time. Any thoughts, ideas, suggestions? Or just chill til tomorrow's appt?!? Thanks so much. Love this board! Y'all are all so nice. Lucy
Lucy, You may be in ketosis and not showing on the strips. If you are in ketosis your urine will have a strong odor and you will be very thirsty. I look for these signs and as long as they are there I lose weight. Watch your carbs and check your veggies, Some people can't eat certain allowed veggies and stay in ketosis. Hope this helps you.
Sherrie
Old 04-21-2009, 07:32 AM   #379
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: CurleyQ
Stats: 260/220/160
Start Date: 3/22/09
Congratulations, Sherrie! Under 200-you should be so proud of yourself!

Robyn - the 2’s are in sight…and 30lbs in 6 weeks. Wow!

Kbhayward – 50lbs is fantastic!

Mathteacher – you look great! Keep up the good work. And way to go on your eating on a cruise. That is so difficult with food everywhere all day long! Most people gain 10lbs on a cruise!

Susie – You look fantastic. Maintenance is right around the corner.

You are all so inspiring! I am so happy to see everyone’s great success.
Old 04-21-2009, 07:40 AM   #380
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: CurleyQ
Stats: 260/220/160
Start Date: 3/22/09
4th weigh in

My husband and I had our 4th weigh in yesterday. I lost 2.5lbs for a total of 18lbs and he lost 5lbs for a total of 24lbs. He will be on maintenance in another month if he keeps up the 5lbs/week. He is looking so good!

Also, I talked to my PA about the fact that I am exercising alot and seem to have to take days off in order to see the scale move. She said to try scaling back a little on the workouts and also upping my calories on the days that I do work out a little harder. So hopefully I will see some better results.
Old 04-21-2009, 07:46 AM   #381
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurleyQ View Post
My husband and I had our 4th weigh in yesterday. I lost 2.5lbs for a total of 18lbs and he lost 5lbs for a total of 24lbs. He will be on maintenance in another month if he keeps up the 5lbs/week. He is looking so good!

Also, I talked to my PA about the fact that I am exercising alot and seem to have to take days off in order to see the scale move. She said to try scaling back a little on the workouts and also upping my calories on the days that I do work out a little harder. So hopefully I will see some better results.

CurleyQ,

Congratulations to both you and your husband on your losses.
The exercise thing is really weird but they are exactly right. You will be surprised at the difference.

Good luck.

McBoo
Old 04-21-2009, 07:58 AM   #382
Junior LCF Member

Susie,

Thanks so much for your reply. I'm sorry to vent like that.. I guess I was just having a bad day.

I am exited for my first weigh in tonight! I hope that seeing that loss will build up my confidence. I see such great losses on this site, and it really gives me hope. This week 1 has been so hard. I'm sure it gets better as I see so much success... if it was truly terrible I don't think you all would be sticking to it so THANKS to all of you for inspiration!!!

I'll have my first weight loss to post tomorrow
Old 04-21-2009, 08:05 AM   #383
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: susan1234
Stats: 248-218-not sure,mini goal is 200
WOE: medi
Start Date: 03-07-09
HI, WANT2LOSE2

Iam from warwick too, its nice to see someone local on here. The first week is the hardest. If there is one thing i can tell you,it would be to stay on track. I went off and it was even harder to start again.This is the best plan i have ever done. As you can see from everyone here that iit works. Like susie said after your first weigh in your gonna be so happy and proud of yourself and youll see that it is worth it.hang in there. What office do you go to? I go to east providence. There really nice there.Good luck! you can do it.
Old 04-21-2009, 08:12 AM   #384
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Susie,

Thanks so much for your reply. I'm sorry to vent like that.. I guess I was just having a bad day.

I am exited for my first weigh in tonight! I hope that seeing that loss will build up my confidence. I see such great losses on this site, and it really gives me hope. This week 1 has been so hard. I'm sure it gets better as I see so much success... if it was truly terrible I don't think you all would be sticking to it so THANKS to all of you for inspiration!!!

Want2lose2,

Good luck on your weigh-in tomorrow. If you have been following the plan as it is written you will do great.

Let us know how it goes.

McBoo
Old 04-21-2009, 11:08 AM   #385
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Susie,

Want2Lose2, don't apologize for venting. That is what we are here for. Believe me I will take my turn when the need arises. As hard as week one is, this has been the easiest and quickest 52 pounds I have ever lost. It seems like only yesterday (November really) I was struggling with week 1.

Phyllis, I hope you are feeling better. We've missed you.

Lucy and congrats on your success so far. Setting goals is great, but be realistic and don't let them send you into a downward spiral if you don't quite achieve them. I focus my goal setting on behavior and lifestyle changes. The weight is just a byproduct and I only have so much control on what number I get each week. Good luck and keep posting.

Mathteacher, great attitude and great job on the cruise. It sounds like you are really looking forward to the summer with your kids. Now you will have the stamina to keep up with them and the courage to wear a bathing suit. The beach sounds like fun!

CurleyQ, you and your husband are doing so well. You will be below 200 before you know it. My husband and I have been losing together too and it has brought us closer together. He is more attentive. It's kind of like going back in time. I'm enjoying the attention and added romance.

Jerry, Jo and McBoo, as always you are amazing and your posts are so helpful and inspirational. Jo, how was the baked apple?

I woke up Friday morning with tightness in my lower back. I ignored the warning and went about my normal exercise routine. The tightness loosened during my spin class, but when I finished and dismounted the bike I could barely walk to the car. I've been taking it easy ever since and it is much better. I am hoping to get back to exercise by tomorrow, but if it is the slightest bit tight I will skip. It is not worth a serious injury.

Susie
Old 04-21-2009, 11:51 AM   #386
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: crobyninc
Stats: 335/243/180
WOE: Low carb and watching calories
Start Date: March 9 2009
Good plan Susie, when your back is weak like that, it is very easy to cause serious damage. Maybe just take a little walk or something that doesn't bother your back. Good luck, I sure do hate back pain. PS - It is so true what you said about your husband, mine is also losing with me and it has been wonderful!

Mathteacher - Your new picture is so awesome. You must be so proud of your accomplishments. Your willpower is to be congratulated as well! Your kids are going to be the luckiest kids in Alabama this summer for sure!

CurleyQ - Thanks! I love reading your posts! Have a great week and lets all stay focused on those milestones!

Want2Lose2 - Fingers are crossed that you have an awesome weigh in, which you probably will. Now in this week, you will start understanding what we have all been raving about! Honest!!!

Lucy - Another way I can tell I am in Ketosis is HORRIBLE Breath! Nice I know! But SF Gum is a friend indeed!

If I missed anyone, I am truly sorry! We are all having such a great week, it must be the great springtime weather or something! Cheers to all losers!
Old 04-21-2009, 12:33 PM   #387
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: sybs
Stats: 220/190ish/150
WOE: Lower carb
Hi everyone! You're all doing awesome! Keep it up! Today is day 1 for me. I'm only half way through the day, but I'm just so excited to be doing this, I had to post! So far so good, I feel fine. Maybe it's because I cut down on the carbs and coffee last week so I wouldn't have headaches this week. And so far, I'm feeling great. I'm only a teeny bit less energetic...like 5% tired I sit at a desk all day so its not EVEN noticeable.

I can barely wait to weigh in. I have a scale at home, but I'm trying to avoid checking everyday, as it can be discouraging at time...ok, I;ll keep reading!
Old 04-21-2009, 02:40 PM   #388
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan1234 View Post
Iam from warwick too, its nice to see someone local on here. The first week is the hardest. If there is one thing i can tell you,it would be to stay on track. I went off and it was even harder to start again.This is the best plan i have ever done. As you can see from everyone here that iit works. Like susie said after your first weigh in your gonna be so happy and proud of yourself and youll see that it is worth it.hang in there. What office do you go to? I go to east providence. There really nice there.Good luck! you can do it.
Hi Susan1234,

I go to the Cranston location, it's kind of on my way home from work. I've only been once so I can't say if everyone is really nice or not, I didn't really meet anyone. Yes it is nice to see someone from my home town doing this.

Yesterday was a really bad day for me, I feel much better today and I'm very anxious to weigh in- only 1 hr.

Thanks to everyone for the encouragement!

I'll post my weight loss tomorrow! I hope it is good.
Old 04-21-2009, 07:29 PM   #389
Major LCF Poster!

Susie~I love the baked apple...I did a little variation on it so that it was sort of like apple pie without the crust....thinking about a way to a "Crust" without it being a crust...maybe like using Fiber 1?

Congrats to everyone on their weight loss!

Jo
Old 04-21-2009, 07:47 PM   #390
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert-Rose7 View Post
Susie~I love the baked apple...I did a little variation on it so that it was sort of like apple pie without the crust....thinking about a way to a "Crust" without it being a crust...maybe like using Fiber 1?

Congrats to everyone on their weight loss!

Jo
I think Fiber 1 is your best bet. It only takes a few teaspoons to make it seem like a crust. Add some sweetner and binding agent like egg whites and bake before adding the baked apples. Also, if you add the cool whip frozen (after the fact) it feels like you are eating it with ice cream. Today I made the recipe with an asian pear and it was really good too. I bet it would be good with peaches, cherries, ... It almost brings back fruit pies. It would also be good combined with the cheesecake recipe for a more complex desert.

I am co-hosting my bunco group on Friday and we are serving a veggie tray with dip, a fruit tray, shrimp cocktail with lo-carb cocktail sauce, ham and asparagus wraps, chicken and apple sausage with peppers and onions (will post recipe), and crab stuffed mushrooms. Dessert will be a fruit compote (not fully medi compliant, but compliant if I avoid the cake) and medi compliant cheesecake bites. There will be plenty for me to eat.

Susie
Closed Thread