Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2009, 06:28 AM   #271
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: crobyninc
Stats: 335/243/180
WOE: Low carb and watching calories
Start Date: March 9 2009
Hi Justin1

Welcome to the group. We are very supportive and you should visit as often as you can. Make sure you go to the Newbie thread, there is a lot of help there.

Drink a ton of water and take your meds as these two things help a lot.

Something that has worked well for me is to drink 16 oz of water right before I eat, this helps to fill me up.

BTW, the hard boiled eggs are fine. Try to stick with whole foods and eat as little processed food as possible.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Sponsored Links
Old 04-16-2009, 06:57 AM   #272
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Tcrow47
Stats: 242.5/199/185
WOE: Medi-Weight Loss
Start Date: March 25, 2009
Crobyninc,

Thanks for the encouragement. It feels good to have been successful so far. As for the sclae numbers...I'm coming to the same conclusion. The other numbers are pretty useless/misleading. I think the reason for the indicated FM increase is due to a higher than usual impedance reading, probably dur to less hydration at the time of weigh in. Whatever! The upshot of the whole thing is that my lovely bride of 24-years has decided to get on the MWL program. She's tried a thousand different things - Weight Watchers, etc.... I think she's gotten better motivated (jealous) at the results of my experience thus far.

Another neat thing (and I'll just throw this out to the group) is that all symptoms of my previous Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) situation have entirely disappeared. I used to spend a couple of hours a day either in (or staying VERY near) the restroom. Now, no problem at all. Its amazing. Quit eating breads and carbs, and that condition just ceases. I just wish the program had the same effect on smoking.

Thanks to everyone for the support and input.

Troy

"Alles Gorgeatuum sic subjuctatus nunc!
Old 04-16-2009, 06:59 AM   #273
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Tcrow47
Stats: 242.5/199/185
WOE: Medi-Weight Loss
Start Date: March 25, 2009
Oh...and can I please have a CHicken-fried steak and a bucket of movie popcorn now? Please!
Old 04-16-2009, 07:09 AM   #274
Senior LCF Member

Troy

That is great news that your wife is joining too, because that will make it so much easier for both of you! Not to mention the support when one of you gets weak! My husband is also doing the diet with me but not going to the clinic and he has lost over 30 pounds in 7 weeks.

And I agree it is amazing how some of the annoying problems before the diet have gone away. Mine was back pain - now it is completely gone!

PS Good luck with the smoking. Get to your goal weight and then start another life goal of giving up smoking!

Have a great week and good luck to your wife!
Old 04-16-2009, 07:50 AM   #275
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: susan1234
Stats: 248-218-not sure,mini goal is 200
WOE: medi
Start Date: 03-07-09
looking at 22lbs the way you put it is great never tought of it that way! Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by crobyninc View Post
Susan1234

You are doing the right thing by going back to the clinic and having them help you get back on plan, that is why you are paying to do this!!!

You have done really good so far - 22 pounds is a lot of weight, in terms of things we can visualize, that is like a 2 to 3 year old child!

What has helped me the most so far is:
1. The money that is being spent to do this
2. My family is my greatest support system (They know the foods I can eat or not eat)
3. Food does not comfort you, find something else that does (call a friend, read, walk, garden, find something new to do)

Good luck and please know that we are all here to support you. You can do this!
Old 04-16-2009, 07:54 AM   #276
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SDC2
Stats: 5' 7.5" 218/150/155 Maintenance
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: November 20, 2008
Hi Everyone,

It has taken me a while to get caught up after 3 weekends of travel. It is so good to see all the new posts. You all really step up to the plate when it comes to answering questions and offering support and encouragement.

Thanks for all the concern regarding my female health issue. I am scheduling and pelvic ultrasound soon, so hopefully that will give me a few more answers. I will keep you all posted.

to Sybs, Justin and NCgirl! Be sure to check out our newbie thread at Welcome Newbies! Helpful info for week 1.

Also, once you complete week 1 there are some great recipes at http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/me...s-recipes.html

You have picked a great program. Their tag line is "The one that works!" and that is accurate. I have tried everything over the last 10 years and nothing until this has worked. I am 51 pounds lighter than I was the week before Thanksgiving and 10 dress sizes smaller. I went from an 18-20 to a 8-10. I have 12 pounds to go. This program is like magic and this support site is wonderful too. Please keep posting and letting us know your progress. Before you know it you will be the ones giving advice and encouraging other newbies.

Congrats to Jo, Amy, babyboyst, Troy, Orlando, Susan and anyone else I may have missed. You are all doing so well with your losses. It was great reading about all the exercise you are doing too. I think the exercise has helped my skin stay firm and my body stay toned.

Someone asked about their clinics charging for new journals. My clinic charges additional for journals, fat burners and calcium. I journal online at MyPlate - Food Diary & Food Calorie Counter | LIVESTRONG.COM. You can also enter recipes on this site and they will give you the complete nutritional information.

Susan, good luck getting restarted. You can do this. What has inspired me and kept me going is seeing the weight loss, fitting into smaller clothes, better health (all my elevated numbers are now normal), increased energy and feeling better about myself. What has also helped me is satisfying my food cravings with legal food. A lot of my recipes were inspired by the food I was really craving...phili cheesesteaks, pizza, quesidillas, cheesecake. I just had to figure out how to make them without bread. This morning I made myself eggs benedict (without the bread of course). I posted the recipe for hollandaise sauce in the recipe thread. Many people have posted some great recipes there. I spend a lot of time looking on the recipe thread as well as searching the internet for low carb ideas. Hungry Girl is another great resource.

Sorry this post is so long, but I wanted to respond to everyone. Good luck to all and keep posting!

Susie

Last edited by SDC2; 04-16-2009 at 07:56 AM..
Old 04-16-2009, 08:16 AM   #277
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pjg24fan
Stats: 260.5/199/150
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: 2/5/09
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDC2 View Post

Here I am with my sisters.

Susie
Susie-You look Great!

Sorry I have been awol have not been feeling to good not planning on weighing in this week I am just not up to par some kind of bug I guess -I will post weight loss next week.

When you miss a little here you miss alot-
WTG to all the losers!
And newbies, this is the place to be!
Hope everyone has a great weekend!!

McBoo
Glad you are feeling better
Old 04-16-2009, 08:42 AM   #278
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: sybs
Stats: 220/190ish/150
WOE: Lower carb
Thanks for the welcome! I look forward to posting my success in the near future
Old 04-16-2009, 11:22 AM   #279
Senior LCF Member

Hey Susie

It was me that asked about the Journal. I am glad you posted that you are not using the written journal because I have been doing the written journal and using ***********. *********** sounds similar to yours where you track your food daily along with calories, fat, carbs and protein. They also have recipes and such. I like it a lot.

I not sure why I have been trying to maintain both - Duh!!!

Robyn
Old 04-16-2009, 11:27 AM   #280
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dodgern
Stats: 236/150.6/140- now on maintenance
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 2/26/09
Wooohoooo!!!!

Well, just had my weigh-in and I'm down 6.0 lbs

4.6lbs was pure ugly fat! I dropped 1 point in my BMI too!!

I figured out that last week was my TOM and that's what caused the funky fat loss thing
I have never been so happy with a diet. Once again, many thanks to y'all and all your advice and support of everyone in here. I have referred this site to a few people who are on the program and to those who are thinking about joining MWL! You all are the best!!!

Thanks,

Cindy

PS: to all the people and to all the "losers"
Old 04-16-2009, 11:33 AM   #281
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: CattyCat
Stats: 182/169/135
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 4/2/09
YAY Nikki!!

And Troy, I previously had the same IBS problems as you, but prior to MWL had started taking the probiotic Sustenex and that had done me a world of good. At my clinic they'd warned me about constipation on this diet and I just told 'em I really didn't think that with my history that'd be a problem, and sure enough it hasn't.

Had my weekly appointment today expecting my 2nd week weigh-in, and didn't get it because my clinic had no electrical power -- no power, no Tanita! I at least got my injections while I was there, and they said if the power came back on later they'd call me, but I'm too far away and can't escape again from the office anyway while they're open. They said I can weigh in when I come in on Monday for my extra injection... or just wait until next Thursday.

Glad to see everyone else doing so well!!
Old 04-16-2009, 11:42 AM   #282
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: McBoo
Stats: 216/140/140 Now on Maintainance
WOE: Medi Weightloss Clinics
Start Date: June 17, 2008
Great job losers.

Everyone seems to be doing well this week.

Keep up the good work.

McBoo
Old 04-16-2009, 12:24 PM   #283
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ncgirl37
Stats: 188.6/187.4/140 5'7
Start Date: 10/19/13
Hi, I am joining a program through a medical weight loss center near me that sounds almost identical to this one. My appointment is on May 6. I can't wait!!! Is there a thread by chance for the medication that they put you on and how everyone's experiences were or should I just read the posts from beginning to end? I will be getting the appetite suppressant and the injection to begin with, then will see if I want to keep up with the injections. Is it Ok if I still join this group since my program is not called Medi-Loss but it is pretty much the same from what I have read on the posts? I can't wait for the counseling on the nutrition and exercise, etc. from the center! I am so tired of trying everything under the sun and nothing seems to work for me. Thanks!
Erin
Old 04-16-2009, 01:38 PM   #284
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
Erin~
You are more than welcome to be with us on this forum. The only problem could be the actual differences in the two programs. There are specific meds and specific ingredients in the injection for MWL that may differ from yours. You can always take a peek at the MWL site and see what you think.

Medi-Weightloss Clinics® - Physician-supervised weight loss clinics

There are several locations for MWL in North Carolina but I do not know if they are nearby where you are.

MWL is very very different from anything else I have seen or read about, and it surely does work for me.

The support and encouragement found in this group is truly amazing. And there are lots of success stories among our members. So do feel free to join us and we are happy to welcome you. There is a whole lot of information in the various threads that you will find helpful.

Wishing you well!

Jo
Old 04-16-2009, 01:48 PM   #285
Major LCF Poster!

Robyn~
There should be a price list for all the MWL products in your packet you received at the beginning. I know they give you the vitamins free every month, but everything else has a cost.

*********** and My Daily Plate are good places to journal. I just picked up a spiral notebook and write my info in each day, tallying Ketone level, Fluid intake and food consumed plus the calories. At this point, I pretty much know what the carbs/sugar/sodium levels are so I do not record them anymore. The other sites mentioned above, especially Daily Plate are good for that part of things.

I found a Calcium Citrate at Sam's Club, and I take NatureMade vitamins - both of which my particular clinic doctor approved of, so I do not purchase those. I asked them if I could substitute the Fat Burner for the vitamins and they said yes. So I get the Fat Burner every month instead of the vitamins. You can also purchase Ketostix from a local pharmacy. The price is comparable. They are made by Bayer.

Hope this helps a little.

Jo

Last edited by Desert-Rose7; 04-16-2009 at 01:50 PM..
Old 04-16-2009, 02:58 PM   #286
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jenosojnicki
Stats: 358/324/?
WOE: Medi-Weightloss Clinic
Start Date: 3/20/09
Ok I need help!

I went today for my one month weigh in and I lost 3 pds for a total of 24 pounds. Great right? no. I am so upset. I need alittle advice from those who have been doing this for awhile. I am an exercise nut. Here is what I did this week:

2 private boxing/kickboxing appointments 1 hour each
3 1 hour sessions of cardio at the gym
1 1/2 hour yoga class
1 private weight training appointment 1 hour

My fat percentage went up!!!!!

I calculated my calories and I eat 665 a day plus veggies and 1 fruit. Three times a week I have 1 tablespoonful of peanut butter. Twice a week I have an atkins bar. I weigh 334 and I am 5'9. They also weigh me as an athlete because of my muscle mass. They calculated my perfect goal to be 240 pounds...crazy

The clinic is calling the nutrutionist for advice but I thought I would talk with some of the veterans on here. Do I need to eat more?
Old 04-16-2009, 03:55 PM   #287
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenosojnicki View Post
Ok I need help!

I went today for my one month weigh in and I lost 3 pds for a total of 24 pounds. Great right? no. I am so upset. I need alittle advice from those who have been doing this for awhile. I am an exercise nut. Here is what I did this week:

1 1/2 hour yoga class

I calculated my calories and I eat 665 a day plus veggies and 1 fruit. Three times a week I have 1 tablespoonful of peanut butter. Twice a week I have an atkins bar. I weigh 334 and I am 5'9. They also weigh me as an athlete because of my muscle mass. They calculated my perfect goal to be 240 pounds...crazy

The clinic is calling the nutrutionist for advice but I thought I would talk with some of the veterans on here. Do I need to eat more?

Too much exercise for the calories consumed. You don't have enough fuel for your body. Does your clinic know how much you are exercising?

I have been through this on several occasions when I was in the acute phase of the plan. I was told on several occasions to cut down my exercise and every time I listened to them they were right. It doesn;t sound logical but it actually works.

Definatly make sure they know how much you are exercising. I am surprised they didn't ask you that question.

Good Luck

McBoo
Old 04-16-2009, 03:55 PM   #288
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: grettagirl
Stats: 193/121.6/130
WOE: mediweightloss
Start Date: 1/30/09
I had my weigh in today, lost 1 lb. I know, I know ,it is a pound lost but I was disappointed just the same! I didn't even cheat on Easter! I have been drinking my water, exercising, and staying on plan. I talked it over with my counselor and I do not stay in ketosis when I eat certain veggies, like asparagus and cabbage. I will journal this week and make sure I note when I pop out of ketosis so we can figure this out. I did gain 1.2 lbs. muscle mass but I retained 1.2lbs of water also. I must admit I hate all these calculations!! Well I am going to stay focused and see what next week brings. Congratulations to all the newbies for joining us, and to all this weeks losers!
Old 04-16-2009, 04:15 PM   #289
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBoo View Post
Too much exercise for the calories consumed. You don't have enough fuel for your body. Does your clinic know how much you are exercising?

I have been through this on several occasions when I was in the acute phase of the plan. I was told on several occasions to cut down my exercise and every time I listened to them they were right. It doesn;t sound logical but it actually works.

Definatly make sure they know how much you are exercising. I am surprised they didn't ask you that question.

Good Luck

McBoo
Thanks McBoo

I did tell her about the exercise and she is going to ask the corporate docs. The clinic has only been open for 8 weeks so I am sure this might be a new question for them.
I was hoping someone was going to tell me that I should add a bag of M&M's every afternoon! Just kidding!

Thanks for the advice. I am going to cut it down this week and see what happens.

Jen
Old 04-16-2009, 04:36 PM   #290
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jeffery's girl
Stats: 219.4/189/140
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: February 09,2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenosojnicki View Post
Ok I need help!

1 1/2 hour yoga class

Jen, I don't have any advise about the program but I want everyone to know you are an amazing photographer! I went to your web site and looked through your photos. I loved the black and whites! Some are so beautiful you should sell them to a stock photo site!! They would make incredible backgrounds.
Sherrie
Old 04-16-2009, 04:56 PM   #291
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: orlando2002
Stats: 217/177/160
WOE: Medi Weight loss clinic
Start Date: 3/11/09
Hi gettagirl.... are you close to your TOM?
Well, at least you have more muscles )) they will burn more calories later and speed up your metabolisim ....
I know .. water is an issue ... I hate when my water goes up, we just want to see those numbers going down all the time

Next weigh-in will be great!
Old 04-16-2009, 05:02 PM   #292
Senior LCF Member

Jeno, might I ask why you only go to the clinic once a month???
Old 04-16-2009, 05:02 PM   #293
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grettagirl View Post
I had my weigh in today, lost 1 lb. I know, I know ,it is a pound lost but I was disappointed just the same! I didn't even cheat on Easter! I have been drinking my water, exercising, and staying on plan. I talked it over with my counselor and I do not stay in ketosis when I eat certain veggies, like asparagus and cabbage. I will journal this week and make sure I note when I pop out of ketosis so we can figure this out. I did gain 1.2 lbs. muscle mass but I retained 1.2lbs of water also. I must admit I hate all these calculations!! Well I am going to stay focused and see what next week brings. Congratulations to all the newbies for joining us, and to all this weeks losers!
Gretta,

Sounds like a good plan. Hopefully that way you will be able to pin it down.

McBoo
Old 04-16-2009, 05:10 PM   #294
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlando2002 View Post
Jeno, might I ask why you only go to the clinic once a month???

Sorry I mistyped..I was on my phone when I wrote that. I go twice a week but today was my 4th week
Old 04-16-2009, 05:12 PM   #295
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffery's girl View Post
Jen, I don't have any advise about the program but I want everyone to know you are an amazing photographer! I went to your web site and looked through your photos. I loved the black and whites! Some are so beautiful you should sell them to a stock photo site!! They would make incredible backgrounds.
Sherrie
Thank you so much....I am blushing. I am prepping for my first art exibit in June.

I travel if you ever want pictures!
Old 04-16-2009, 08:27 PM   #296
Senior LCF Member

Jeno, lossing 24 pounds in 4 weeks is great! I do not understand why you are upset ....

You have lost 6 pounds average a week. Just follow Mcboo recomendations .... workout a little less ...

Good luck
Old 04-16-2009, 08:28 PM   #297
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: karenvk
Stats: 183/153/123
WOE: medi weight loss clinic
Start Date: 4/15/2009
HI, IM NEW HERE, AND I'M ON MY FIRST WEEK...SO I HAVE A QUESTION...CAN I SEASON MY MEAT WITH FRESH LIME JUICE. OR I AM NOT ALOUD TO EAT LIME MY FIRST WEEK AT ALL?

PLEASE HELP! THANKS
Old 04-16-2009, 08:44 PM   #298
Major LCF Poster!

I was allowed to continue to drink hot water and lemon juice in the morning during my first week. I have been doing that every day since I was about 10 years old. By extension, I used lemon juice on the chicken. Just the lemon juice, nothing else. It is allowed.

On the page of your packet that deals with week one, it says:
Condiments:
Butter buds, salt pepper, seasoning, spices, dry barbeque spices, fat-free broth, white or red wine vinegar, light rice vinegar, Tobasco hot sauce,lemon or lime juice, Miracle Ship Free, mustard, Coffee-mate Sugar-free liquid cream (vanilla or hazelnut flavor, limited to 1 tbsp per day).

Enjoy!

Jo
Old 04-16-2009, 08:55 PM   #299
Senior LCF Member

Yes Karen, as Desert said, you can use lemon juice to season your meat or water

When I stopped drinking diet coke, diet dew, etc. I started drinking plain water with some lime juice and I love it! I did that the first week too, without any problem ...
Old 04-16-2009, 09:12 PM   #300
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lalabear
Stats: 205/179.6/140
WOE: medi weightloss
Start Date: March 5,2009
Hi.I haven't been on in awhile. I weigh in on Fridays, so I haven't weighed in yet this week. but lastweek i was down 22lbs in one month on the program. My husband is down 26. This is such a great weightloss program. well i will let you know how the weigh in goes.
good luck to everyone!
Closed Thread