Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2011, 09:50 AM   #61
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Baysidegal
Stats: 240/208/140
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: February, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheftrish View Post
Great! I am rinsing the noodles right now! I just made the sauce and added some chipotle sauce to it because i am out of red pepper flakes, and then it was too hot so I added some chobani to tone it down and it is tasting great, nice and cream, about 50 calories and I think it will coat the noodles nicely (not slide off). I can't wait!!!
OK...How are they???? I haven't tried them, but I really want to. I purchased them, but have not figured out what I want to put on them.
Baysidegal is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-2011, 12:53 PM   #62
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cheftrish
Stats: 5'5" 178.8/171.6/130
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: January 23 2014
I thought they were disgusting at first , the noodles that is, I had to try three times rinsing cooking etc. before I could get them down. I rinse for about a minute, put vinegar in the water and cook for 2 -3 minutes instead of the 1 minute they recommend. Then you have to get used to the texture. I bought the angel hair type and they are good, but long and stringy, I think Swirveegrl bought a different type that is better? The sauce today was very good. The noodle themselves don't have much flavor of their own, it's really the water packaging that is off-putting, not the noodles. Hope this helps!
cheftrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 03:17 PM   #63
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I thought they were disgusting at first , the noodles that is, I had to try three times rinsing cooking etc. before I could get them down. I rinse for about a minute, put vinegar in the water and cook for 2 -3 minutes instead of the 1 minute they recommend. Then you have to get used to the texture. I bought the angel hair type and they are good, but long and stringy, I think Swirveegrl bought a different type that is better? The sauce today was very good. The noodle themselves don't have much flavor of their own, it's really the water packaging that is off-putting, not the noodles. Hope this helps!
Yes, thanks cheftrish. I will try that.
Old 03-03-2011, 07:58 PM   #64
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: chocolatefan
Stats: 202/162/160
WOE: MWL
Start Date: February 2011
I just made the Medi recipe for chicken "noodle" soup with the tofu-noodles from Whole Foods. I have to say that with my head cold, I really LOVED having a nice broth with SOMETHING other than meat in it. Were they a tad rubbery? Yes, but not that much--I got the angel-hair kind and actually really enjoyed the dish. Just cut up some chicken breast, added a little celery and broth, a few spices and the noodles (after just rinsing with warm water). I felt VERY full and enjoyed two servings of the soup today. I'll definitely buy them again.
chocolatefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 04:54 AM   #65
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolatefan View Post
I just made the Medi recipe for chicken "noodle" soup with the tofu-noodles from Whole Foods. I have to say that with my head cold, I really LOVED having a nice broth with SOMETHING other than meat in it. Were they a tad rubbery? Yes, but not that much--I got the angel-hair kind and actually really enjoyed the dish. Just cut up some chicken breast, added a little celery and broth, a few spices and the noodles (after just rinsing with warm water). I felt VERY full and enjoyed two servings of the soup today. I'll definitely buy them again.
That's great.. I tried the egg drop soup on the Medi website ( I think it's there) Yuck.. very bland. I know the addition of the noodles will make a big difference.
Old 03-07-2011, 11:48 AM   #66
Senior LCF Member

Well, I tried the Tofu Shirataki noodles that I purchased at Whole Foods. I can honestly say that they were not bad. I used the fettucine shape and had to cut them up in little pieces. I found that if I left them in 3-4" pieces, I was endlessly chewing..LOl I used Laughing Cow and a little parmesan. Next time I am going to try them with reduced sugar/low carb tomato sauce.
I don't think that I will eat them many times during the week, but it is a change.
Old 03-07-2011, 01:26 PM   #67
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
I am ordering more today. The last few times I made them DH and I really enjoyed them. I followed Susie's recommendations for soaking them, and thought it worked fine. I have only have the angel hair pasta size but would like to try the "rice" shape.

I'm also going to order the Glucomannan (kojac) powder that Miracle Noodles are made from. I've been reading on the Main Lobby here on LCF that people use it to make all kinds of things. It is used as a thickener, and many people like it better than Xantham Gum, so I thought I'd give it a try.

Mary T8M (Tatem)

New member of the 80 pounds gone club

Whether you think you can, or you can't, either way you're right!
Henry Ford

Last edited by Mary T8M; 03-07-2011 at 01:29 PM..
Mary T8M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 07:48 PM   #68
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary T8M View Post
I am ordering more today. The last few times I made them DH and I really enjoyed them. I followed Susie's recommendations for soaking them, and thought it worked fine. I have only have the angel hair pasta size but would like to try the "rice" shape.

I'm also going to order the Glucomannan (kojac) powder that Miracle Noodles are made from. I've been reading on the Main Lobby here on LCF that people use it to make all kinds of things. It is used as a thickener, and many people like it better than Xantham Gum, so I thought I'd give it a try.
My Whole Foods carries the rice now. I will get some this week. I don't think I will buy any more of the fettucine noodles though. They are too thick. I just found the angel hair today.
Old 03-09-2011, 10:55 AM   #69
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cheftrish
Stats: 5'5" 178.8/171.6/130
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: January 23 2014
Just had the miracle noodles with some of the medi sesame ginger dressing and franks hot sauce for a little kick and it was really really good!! I think next time I will add some sauteed shrimp to it. I think that will be a grad total of 125 calories (100 for shrimp and 25 for dressing), 5 carbs 1 fiber. Did anyone pick up the Chicken Marsala recipe at the clinic? It looks good.
cheftrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 11:46 AM   #70
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Just had the miracle noodles with some of the medi sesame ginger dressing and franks hot sauce for a little kick and it was really really good!! I think next time I will add some sauteed shrimp to it. I think that will be a grad total of 125 calories (100 for shrimp and 25 for dressing), 5 carbs 1 fiber. Did anyone pick up the Chicken Marsala recipe at the clinic? It looks good.
Would you post it on the dinner recipe thread? I'm not at the clinic any more so don't get those recipes. Thanks
Old 03-17-2011, 07:12 PM   #71
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Sacha
Stats: 5'6" 184/152/145
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 01.14.11
I had them for the first time tonight! I used the fettuccini recipe from the Lunch Recipe thread and threw in some grilled chicken. Amazing! I thought it was delicious.
Sacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 07:48 PM   #72
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ArizonaLee
Stats: 255/235/Goal 195
WOE: Atkins Low Carber
Start Date: September 2010
JUDDDDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherdazy View Post
Oooo, the little pearls look perfect for Italian Wedding Soup!
I'm familiar with low carb, but never heard of the JUDDDDD method. Please advise!
ArizonaLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 05:19 PM   #73
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MRS.S
Stats: 231/211/140
WOE: SOUTH BEACH
Start Date: SEPTEMBER 2011
hi everybody
this is my first day--i would like to know if anyone has made the shirataki noodles made with glucomannan powder--if so,how are they
MRS.S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 08:44 AM   #74
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRS.S View Post
hi everybody
this is my first day--i would like to know if anyone has made the shirataki noodles made with glucomannan powder--if so,how are they
read this thread.....it's all about them. Miracle Noodles are made with glucomannon Seems people either love them or hate them....I really like them but don't seem to use them often.