Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2009, 09:48 AM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kerbear879
Stats: 341/200.2/160 @ 5'9"
Start Date: 3/23/2005
I prefer the miracle noodles over the tofu one's because they taste better to me when they have sauce on them. I didn't mind the tofu one's, it just seems that they never worked well in the dishes I put them in. Plus I really like that the miracle noodles are zero calories!
kerbear879 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-2009, 10:41 AM   #32
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: retroworx
Quote:
Originally Posted by JROOTA View Post
I tried both the shirataki noodles and the miracle noodles.
"Miracle Noodles" ARE shirataki noodles. Just a brand name. Perhaps you meant to say that you have tried both tofu and non-tofu shirataki noodles.

Last edited by retroworx; 03-16-2009 at 10:43 AM..
retroworx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 01:28 PM   #33
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: JROOTA
Stats: 210/183/160
WOE: Medi-Weight Loss
Start Date: February 15th, 2009
Yes that's what I meant :-)
JROOTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 03:34 PM   #34
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
I guess I am in the minority here. A friend had some of these noodles, and I tried them...and I had a really really hard time with the "scent" of the liquid they are packed in..and I guess I thought they would be similar to the Japanese noodles I used to get when I lived in Tokyo, but they aren't. They seemed really rubbery and tough. I am not ready to commit to them yet, I guess.

Jo
Desert-Rose7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 08:26 PM   #35
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Dihjet
miracle noodles

Hi. I posted something about this on another thread. Regarding the same noodles you bought in Japan, you can still purchase these in Asian markets.
And, it's about $1.39 a package. Once I drain the liquid out, and (now I know) to boil for at least 3-4 minutes, they are a pretty good treat. I LOVE noodles --
so I really missed them.

I've been using them once a day with a meal (I can't have tomato sauce because of acid reflux - so I'm really being inventive now.) I made a "gravy"
for my meatballs with left over turkey stock, onions, celery, garlic, and threw some asparagus tips (from Trader Joe's) into the mix. Okay, I threw in a few
grape tomatoes - and cheated on my reflux, but I didn't eat the tomatoes....
A little of those Shiratake noodles and wow. I felt (ALMOST) like I was eating meatballs and spaghetti.

I also ordered Miracle noodles and I can't really see the difference between them and what I purchase at the asian market; except miracle noodles come in different shapes.

Someone on another thread makes a mash out of the noodles -- and makes pancakes.... hmmmm. It seems like making pancakes out of the atkins roll
recipe might work.

To our health!
Dihjet
Dihjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 01:33 PM   #36
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Kiah
Safe for Induction?

I have not read if these are safe for week 1 & 2 can someone let me know? I also have found if you let the noodles soak in olive oil & lemon juice it will cut the smell and makes the non-tofu noodles soft.

Please let me know about induction friendly or not.

Thanks,
Kiah
Kiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 09:51 PM   #37
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mom2three
Stats: 194
WOE: Medifast
Start Date: April 1, 2009
HOW MUCH to order for a newbee please?

Hi Everyone, I am brand new and would like to place an order for miracle noodles. ABout how much does an average person consume? How much should I order at first. I am looking at their monthly or every month ordering program.

Thank yoU!
mom2three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 09:27 AM   #38
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
Hi mom2three!

We are Medi Weight Loss here, you are in Medifast which are two separate and distinct programs. I believe that Medifast provides the food you are to consume, where with MediWeightLoss, you fix your own food based on the requirements for week 1 and forward. That being said, you are more than welcome to join in our threads. The more the merrier.

The Miracle Noodles are best tested before you buy any large quantities. Susie really likes them as do many others. Personally, I cannot get past the "aroma" of the liquid they are packed in. However, Whole Foods has shiritaki noodles, as do most Asian food stores. I would suggest trying them first, then decide if you want to purchase more especially in any quantity.

I am willing to give them another try down the road.

"Miracle Noodle" is a trade name for the shiritaki noodle.

Hope this helps a little.

Jo
Desert-Rose7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 09:43 PM   #39
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ash347
WOE: Medi
Start Date: March 20,09
i tried the shirataki noodles tonight and i thought they were groosss.. i couldnt get over the weird texture.. Are the brand miracle noodles better?
Ash347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 09:52 PM   #40
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: retroworx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert-Rose7 View Post
However, Whole Foods has shiritaki noodles, as do most Asian food stores.

"Miracle Noodle" is a trade name for the shiritaki noodle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash347 View Post
i tried the shirataki noodles tonight and i thought they were groosss.. i couldnt get over the weird texture.. Are the brand miracle noodles better?
"Miracle Noodles" and shirataki noodles from Whole Foods are not the same thing.

Please see post #9 in this thread.

(Sigh. Why do I bother?? )
retroworx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 01:55 PM   #41
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: claudiaalr
Stats: 163/152/140
WOE: Medi weight loss
Start Date: March 27, 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash347 View Post
Ashley,

I ordered the miracle noodles and tried them today with Susie's chicken piccata recipe. The smell went away when I washed them (and added a little bit of vinegar)...the texture is a little weird, and at first, the "wormy" look was a small turn off, but I had no problem with them and actually enjoyed them. As other people have mentioned, they absorbed the flavor of the ingredients in the chicken piccata, and I thought it turned out pretty good. Give them a try!

Claudia
claudiaalr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 06:39 PM   #42
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: shelfie
Tried Miracle Noodles, spit them out. It's not the taste that’s the issue with me, its the texture...and the transparency of them...too bad though...I miss pasta!! If you order them and don't like them, just follow their refund instructions...they are super easy to deal with and I got my refund in about 1 week.
shelfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 02:51 PM   #43
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MaryMouse49
Stats: 182/168.8/138
WOE: strict hcg protocol
Start Date: 04/20/2011
WOW I AM HOOKED ON THESE, A LIFE SAVER

HI EVERYONE, I JUST STARTED 2 WEEKS AGO AND BEEN READING THESE THREADS,I JUST GOT MY BOX OF MIRACLE NOODLES, AND OK, ALWAYS BEFORE DINNER I GET HUNGRY, SO I PREPPED THEM ACCORDING TO SUSIE REC, AND THEY ARE FABULOUS, I WAS PREPARED FOR THE FISH SMELL, SO I OPENED IT QUICK, BUT IN STRAINER AND RINSED AND RINSED OUT PACKAGE, DID THE VINEAGAR SOAK AND NUKED WITH PARM CHEESE, SPRAY BUTTER, AND GARLIC POWDER AND BLACK PEPPER, WOW, CAN I HAVE THESE DAILY, DO THEY ONLY COUNT TOWARD VEGGIES OR ARE THEY PROTEIN SOURCE.

THANKS, MARY
MaryMouse49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 02:53 PM   #44
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MaryMouse49
Stats: 182/168.8/138
WOE: strict hcg protocol
Start Date: 04/20/2011
OH FORGOT ABOUT THE TEXTURE, THEY ARE SIMULAR TO THE RICE STICKS YOU BUY IN THE GROCERY, A LITTLE DIFFERENT, I JUST TELL MYSELF THIS IS AN EXOTIC FOOD FROM CHINA, NOW I WON'T FEEL DEPRIVED FOR PASTA.

MH
MaryMouse49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 08:44 AM   #45
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SDC2
Stats: 5' 7.5" 218/150/155 Maintenance
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: November 20, 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by poodleboutique View Post
HI EVERYONE, I JUST STARTED 2 WEEKS AGO AND BEEN READING THESE THREADS,I JUST GOT MY BOX OF MIRACLE NOODLES, AND OK, ALWAYS BEFORE DINNER I GET HUNGRY, SO I PREPPED THEM ACCORDING TO SUSIE REC, AND THEY ARE FABULOUS, I WAS PREPARED FOR THE FISH SMELL, SO I OPENED IT QUICK, BUT IN STRAINER AND RINSED AND RINSED OUT PACKAGE, DID THE VINEAGAR SOAK AND NUKED WITH PARM CHEESE, SPRAY BUTTER, AND GARLIC POWDER AND BLACK PEPPER, WOW, CAN I HAVE THESE DAILY, DO THEY ONLY COUNT TOWARD VEGGIES OR ARE THEY PROTEIN SOURCE.

THANKS, MARY
Mary,

I eat them about 3 times a week. The ones I get have no calories, 2.5g carbs, but 2.5g fiber. I do not count them, but do count the stuff I put on them, like the parmesan cheese, which are part of my protein calories. I asked about them at my clinic, but they didn't know about them so didn't have much to say. They never hindered my weightloss or took me out of ketosis.

I can only tell you how they affected me. You need to keep a careful watch and make sure they don't hinder your weightloss or take you out of ketosis.

Susie

BTW... just a friendly tip. I don't know if it is still the case, but it used to be that all caps meant you were yelling.
SDC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 10:05 PM   #46
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: robynld
Stats: 170/143/135
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: April 29, 2009
I have had a package of the tofu noodles in my fridge for over a month but I've been afraid to try them. I finally got brave tonight and I was pleasantly surprised. Is this spaghetti?? No. But it is a decent substitute and is a nice carrier for your sauce. I prepared them according to Susie's advice and made up my own recipe. I used 1/2 wedge laughing cow, 1/4 cup low sugar marinara sauce, 1 tbsp. reduced fat Italian cheese blend, a sprinkle of garlic powder and a few jullienned leaves of basil from my garden. Delish!

I was thinking that you could easily make a nice meat sauce for this and have an excellent meal. One of my former favorites was pasta bolognese and I think I could make a sauce with ground turkey, low sugar marinara and spices and put it over the miracle noodles to try to duplicate the flavor. If I come up with a good recipe I will post it in the recipe thread.
robynld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 04:44 PM   #47
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: richmanlopez
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2009ismyear View Post
I am just in my first week but I am intrigued by these.. Hoping someone who eats them reguarly will post..

1) Can you only buy them online?
2) Can you eat in the acute phase of the plan?
3) Do they stall anyone?
4) How often you eat them?

Thanks in advance
I would love to know the answers to questions 3-4.

Thanks
richmanlopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 05:20 PM   #48
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: irabeslim
Stats: 5'2" - 253/140/140
WOE: MWL
Start Date: January 21st, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by richmanlopez View Post
I would love to know the answers to questions 3-4.

Thanks

I am buying them in the chinese supermarket. They are called "Sharitaki" yam noodles (made from kohjak root, I think). They are completely 0 everything - carbs and calories. Yes, you can eat them in the acute. They never took me out of ketosis. I eat them a lot. Basically, no restrictions. I like to eat them because it looks like your dinner plate has so much food!
irabeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 08:22 PM   #49
Senior LCF Member

Is there a place that I can find shiratake noodle recipes that are ok for us at Medi?

Is it alright to eat a whole bag everyday?
Old 09-22-2010, 09:00 PM   #50
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Susie,

I only found 4 recipes on that whole site. Did I search wrong? Are there more that you saw?
Old 01-07-2011, 11:30 AM   #51
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
Netrition now carries Miracle Noodles! I was just about to place an order for a few other things so I'm glad I read their "new products" thread!
Mary T8M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 04:26 PM   #52
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MaggieMayhem
Stats: 169.5/157/140 (5'4)
Start Date: 1/17/2011
Just Ordered My First Batch

Just ordered some..I am now on week two and am very excited to try some new things. I know there are a lot of mixed feelings on this product but I hope I like them since they are such a good "Filler".

Cheers!
MaggieMayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 12:22 PM   #53
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MaggieMayhem
Stats: 169.5/157/140 (5'4)
Start Date: 1/17/2011
Miracle Noodles Arrived!

Ok so my noodles arrived. Very interesting looking. I prepped them as recommended but then added them to the General Tsao's Chicken-From Mediliving- Volume 3 which is posted in the dinner recipe thread #18 - I double the sauce for the recipe and once Chicken was cooked I tossed the noodles in there to soak up a little of the sauce. It worked out great! Felt like I was at a Chinese restaurant. Delicious. Curious to try that with the orzo which might be more like rice. Any way just thought I would share my first experience.

Just make sure you pat the noodles dry to get out all of the excess water before tossing them in the pan.

Christine
MaggieMayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 08:16 AM   #54
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ilovemilk
Stats: 264.6/253.4/180
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: 1/22/11
I had these last night. Made a little 'stir-fry' with them. Possibly I did something wrong? I had to force myself to eat these. They smell like fish... I love sushi/sashimi/seaweed etc, I do not love these. They chewed like rubber. I cooked them in the microwave for 1 min then rinsed them as the package said, but they were still so 'fishy' I put them in another 2 minutes and rinsed again. Then dried them in paper towels and finally 'fried' them up. Rubber, fishy, fishy, rubber
ilovemilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 08:54 AM   #55
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AnnK
Stats: 5'2" 133/133/115
Start Date: 7/22/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemilk View Post
I had these last night. Made a little 'stir-fry' with them. Possibly I did something wrong? I had to force myself to eat these. They smell like fish... I love sushi/sashimi/seaweed etc, I do not love these. They chewed like rubber. I cooked them in the microwave for 1 min then rinsed them as the package said, but they were still so 'fishy' I put them in another 2 minutes and rinsed again. Then dried them in paper towels and finally 'fried' them up. Rubber, fishy, fishy, rubber
ilovemilk ~ You can actually get rid of that fishy taste/smell. First, drain and wash them off really well. Dry them off the best you can with paper towels, then boil them for awhile in chicken broth. Rinse again and prepare with whatever sauce you are using. They're supposed to absorb the taste of the sauce. Some people love them... and they are very good for you. I'm one of those that can only stomach them occasionally (I have several bags left in my fridge from my original order several months ago!). I think it's psychological with me, because even thinking of them makes me get that smell in my nose. I also don't care for the texture.
Hopefully, you'll learn to enjoy them with time. Good luck!!
Old 02-11-2011, 04:52 PM   #56
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Swirveegrl
Stats: 5'4" 215.8/149.8/145
WOE: 50 carbs/day
Start Date: 2/3/11
Soup?

Has anyone used these in a soup? Seems like you could make your own MEDI friendly ramen noodle recipe?
Swirveegrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 07:55 AM   #57
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Baysidegal
Stats: 240/238/140
WOE: Medi-Weightloss-ish
Start Date: Re-start 8/29/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swirveegrl View Post
Has anyone used these in a soup? Seems like you could make your own MEDI friendly ramen noodle recipe?
Hi, I just ordered the Miracle Noodles. My center's nutritionist also recommended the Tofu Shirataki noodles which do have some calories where the MN have none. I watched a Hungry Girl segment that shows how to prepare them and even the recipe she used is good on our plan. My nutritionist did suggest that you rinse, rinse, rinse, and then dry, dry, dry. And DON"T smell them when you open the package....LOL Just get them rinsed fast.
Baysidegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 05:07 PM   #58
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cheftrish
Stats: 5'5" 178.8/171.6/130
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: January 23 2014
I am going to try to make a thai version, maybe use the PB2, some red pepper flakes a little sesame oil and green onion and chicken? Ha anyone done anything like this am I re-inventing the wheel?
cheftrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 05:49 PM   #59
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: irabeslim
Stats: 5'2" - 253/140/140
Start Date: January 21st, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheftrish View Post
I am going to try to make a thai version, maybe use the PB2, some red pepper flakes a little sesame oil and green onion and chicken? Ha anyone done anything like this am I re-inventing the wheel?
I do this all the time - it is great.
irabeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 10:17 AM   #60
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cheftrish
Stats: 5'5" 178.8/171.6/130
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: January 23 2014
Great! I am rinsing the noodles right now! I just made the sauce and added some chipotle sauce to it because i am out of red pepper flakes, and then it was too hot so I added some chobani to tone it down and it is tasting great, nice and cream, about 50 calories and I think it will coat the noodles nicely (not slide off). I can't wait!!!
cheftrish is offline   Reply With Quote