Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Medi Weightloss (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/medi-weightloss/)
-   -   1st day-? on deli meat (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/medi-weightloss/604345-1st-day-deli-meat.html)

2009ismyear 02-18-2009 12:04 PM

1st day-? on deli meat

So today is my first day and I am very inspired by all of you.. I just have a question on the deli meat.. We have Thin and Trim baked ham.. so this is how the package reads.

2 oz --60 calories
total fat 2grams
carbs-- 1 gram

Is this OK to eat?

I am confused on the carb content because in teh booklet, it said to have zero carbs... I am having a hard time finding deli meat with zero carbs..

Tazznum1 02-18-2009 12:06 PM

What about the sodium?

2009ismyear 02-18-2009 12:12 PM

360 mg

Jonpryor99 02-18-2009 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2009ismyear (Post 11589262)
So today is my first day and I am very inspired by all of you.. I just have a question on the deli meat.. We have Thin and Trim baked ham.. so this is how the package reads.

2 oz --60 calories
total fat 2grams
carbs-- 1 gram

Is this OK to eat?

I am confused on the carb content because in teh booklet, it said to have zero carbs... I am having a hard time finding deli meat with zero carbs..

I have eaten my share of the deli hams and turkeys and have still been in ketosis and lost weight. I don't recall if I ate any in the first week on the program though. My usual daily menu consists of the following.

Brkfast
2 oz Egg Beaters
2 SL turkey bacon
1 Tsp Salsa

Lunch
5 oz tuna (in water not oil)
1 tbl spoon mayo
1 tsp pickle relish

afternoon snack
EAS Advantage chocolate protein shake

Dinner

6 oz chicken breast grilled
Brocolli

Today I had some deli lunchmeats rolled up in lettuce leaves with some spicy mustard. My wife made them this morning though so I don't know the exact fat/protein/carb counts. She's been on Medi as well though so I am sure they were on plan.

McBoo 02-18-2009 01:22 PM

Deli meat is ok just watch the sodium, hidden sugar and portion control.

Good luck.

:welcome:

McBoo

2009ismyear 02-18-2009 02:07 PM

Thanks everyone... i am so glad i found this board..

one more thing, where do you find turkey bacon?
also, where can i get the EAS protein shake? I would like to try one before i buy from BJ's

McBoo 02-18-2009 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2009ismyear (Post 11589820)
Thanks everyone... i am so glad i found this board..

one more thing, where do you find turkey bacon?
also, where can i get the EAS protein shake? I would like to try one before i buy from BJ's

Turkey bacon can be found at most grocery stores it is right next to the regular bacon. EAS AdvantEDGE Carb Control shakes are availabale at most supermarkets, Walmart, Target.

McBoo

ERINLYNN 07-30-2011 01:50 PM

so far i have found hannaford is cheapest ( if you have any of those near you) for the EAS shakes, and the french vanilla is best....