Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2009, 11:20 AM   #241
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: 2B Me
Start Date: Need to get started again on some plan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXGRLY09 View Post
So I really don't like cottage cheese. My Dr. said the Breakstones brand is better. I can barely choke down a spoon full. Any other cheese supplements I can have for breakfast?
Is Ricotta allowed?
try adding splenda and cinnamon to the cottage cheese. It's like a dessert.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-2009, 07:59 PM   #242
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Chelybell
Stats: 180.5/138/120
WOE: Medi Acute
Start Date: 07/01/2009
Hi everyone! I am in the midst of my first week (Wed) and have I think been successful. The 4th of July was very tough sitting there with potato salad, pound cake, watermelon, but I survived and just ate my pork! Then last night, the family had spaghetti and boy was I in a foul mood. I wanted just one little bite.

So, the ketosis strips, are they suppoed to be beige or purple? My matches the magenta end that is labeled large.

I can't wait to add some veggies into my diet. I am going to ask my Dr., but I'll ask all of you, too. Will I be able to eat spaghetti ever again? What about a sandwich?

I look forward to getting to know you.
Old 07-08-2009, 09:47 AM   #243
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: msdee54
Stats: 264/215/160
WOE: Atkins/HHCG
Start Date: July 7, 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelybell View Post
Hi everyone! I am in the midst of my first week (Wed) and have I think been successful. The 4th of July was very tough sitting there with potato salad, pound cake, watermelon, but I survived and just ate my pork! Then last night, the family had spaghetti and boy was I in a foul mood. I wanted just one little bite.

So, the ketosis strips, are they suppoed to be beige or purple? My matches the magenta end that is labeled large.

I can't wait to add some veggies into my diet. I am going to ask my Dr., but I'll ask all of you, too. Will I be able to eat spaghetti ever again? What about a sandwich?

I look forward to getting to know you.
Hey Chelybell,

I'm about in the midst of my 1st week too. I had my consult on Monday and started yesterday.

I peeked at the scale today (only 1 day in ) I didn't want to but I did and I'm already 3 lbs down.

According to my Dr. the ketostix should be about in the midrange of the colors on the bottle . He said if it's at the end the deep purple color then that means you are not drinking enough water.

You get to add in 2 cups of veggies next week or 1 cup veggies 1 cup fruit, so your almost there.

I know that BBQ must have been rough.

That is going to be my big challenge . We have a busy social life. I'm going to Reading, PA the 1st weekend in August for a convention and then on a cruise for a week right after that. I'm still trying to figure how I can avoid the usual weight gain.
Old 07-08-2009, 06:43 PM   #244
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: orlando2002
Stats: 217/177/160
WOE: Medi Weight loss clinic
Start Date: 3/11/09
Quote:
Originally Posted by msdee54 View Post
Hey Chelybell,

I'm about in the midst of my 1st week too. I had my consult on Monday and started yesterday.

I peeked at the scale today (only 1 day in ) I didn't want to but I did and I'm already 3 lbs down.

According to my Dr. the ketostix should be about in the midrange of the colors on the bottle . He said if it's at the end the deep purple color then that means you are not drinking enough water.

You get to add in 2 cups of veggies next week or 1 cup veggies 1 cup fruit, so your almost there.

I know that BBQ must have been rough.

That is going to be my big challenge . We have a busy social life. I'm going to Reading, PA the 1st weekend in August for a convention and then on a cruise for a week right after that. I'm still trying to figure how I can avoid the usual weight gain.
msdee, I went on a cruise a month ago. I called Royal Caribean before cruising and requested a low fat / low carb dinner. They where VERY good with that, they even let me chose, the night before, for the next evening.

Of course, you have to make good choices at the buffets. I did not count calories, but I stayed away from the carbs. I did not gain any weight dough!

I did not know about the oopsie rolls back then, but you can make some rolls and take then with you, so you can enjoy some hamburguers and sandwichs with your rolls.

I ate mostly protein with salas when cruising and drank a lot of water.

I had fun and stay on track!

Oh, if you request the low carb/low fat dinner, make sure you talk to your server or the head of the dinning room, as soon as you go to your first dinner, to be sure they have your request. I also told to the guy with the bread, about my plan, so he did not even offer me bread during my dinner ...

Good luck!
Old 07-08-2009, 08:32 PM   #245
Senior LCF Member

Thanx for the tips Orlando!!

This is my 2nd day in and I feel good just a little peckish but nothing I can't deal with.My tummy is feeling a little less bloated and I feel in control.

I am expecting to do really well this month and hopefully lose at least 20 lbs , no guarantee but I can hope.

So I will take your advice and stick to my protein and veggies and water and do my very best. I would hate to gain back 10 lbs in 1 week.

I have to keep in mind that this is a lifestyle change and not the usual get on , go off diet.
Old 07-09-2009, 07:36 PM   #246
Senior LCF Member

Your welcome.

Follow the plant to the T, drink a lot of water, walk a couple of miles a day and you will be cruising 20 pounds lighter!!!!

I am sure your boat will have a fitness center. What about going to the gym, 30 minutes a day, while cruising ?

Stay in track

Silvia
Old 07-10-2009, 10:38 AM   #247
Senior LCF Member

Will do Silvia,

I just started on Tuesday morn so I have not had much energy to exercise yet . I plan on starting back on my treadmill tomorrow I plan to do 30 min. 2x a day on my treadmill.

I have exercised consistently before and I do go to Curves 3x a week so I'm not just now jumping into exercise. I just have not had the energy for anything ,this week .

I am also planning on walking the deck and going to the fitness center on the ship every day.

I would hate to lose 20 and then gain back 10 on the cruise.
Old 07-10-2009, 11:56 AM   #248
Senior LCF Member

Any suggestions from anyone as to how I can take a bunch of oopsie rolls w/ me on the cruise?

I have made them before when I was trying to do Atkins. For the most part they are pretty fragile and don't really freeze well.

I've been on about 10 cruises and I don't remember having a mini-fridge in the room either.

As I'm typing this out I'm thinking that it may be impossible to do that even though it sounds like a great idea.

That would really take a lot of stress about eating away if I could know I could make some burgers and sandwiches very low carb style .
Old 07-10-2009, 01:28 PM   #249
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
Quote:
Any suggestions from anyone as to how I can take a bunch of oopsie rolls w/ me on the cruise?

I have made them before when I was trying to do Atkins. For the most part they are pretty fragile and don't really freeze well.

I've been on about 10 cruises and I don't remember having a mini-fridge in the room either.

As I'm typing this out I'm thinking that it may be impossible to do that even though it sounds like a great idea.

That would really take a lot of stress about eating away if I could know I could make some burgers and sandwiches very low carb style .
You can make it even easier on yourself by notifying your cruise line (or your travel agent if you booked with an agent) that you are on a special low carb low sugar program. They will notify the chef and your meals will be program friendly. Reconfirm when you board. A couple of posts up, Silvia has given you a lot of good tips for cruising and staying on program. She did it...so can you! Have fun!

Jo
Old 07-10-2009, 02:22 PM   #250
Senior LCF Member

Will do .
Old 07-10-2009, 04:11 PM   #251
Senior LCF Member

You can bring them in a tupperware, and let them rest uncovered, on the table, for some minutes so they dry a little bit.

I made mine 3 days ago, and left them on the counter, wrapped with a bounty, so far, they are good.

My cabin was veryyy cooolddd, so i do not see they could get spoiled, if you leave them in a container, in your cabin, and everyday you take a couple of them, in your purse, inside a ziplock, for your breakfast or lunch. But remember to take them out of the ziplock 10 minutes before eating them, so they dry out.

This oppsie rools are not the same as the atkins, that's what I read on the web site I got the recipe from, the recipe it is very similar, but they changed somethings. Yes, they are very delicate, that's why I mentioned the plastic container.

Anyone has another idea?
Old 07-16-2009, 06:10 PM   #252
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: computergeek
2ND DAY AND HAVING PROBLEMS

This is my 2nd day on the program and I'm having a really tough time. I'm having really bad headaches and I'm surprised that my energy level is not higher. I have 100 pounds to lose, so this is a huge dive for me in calorie intake and even though I'm not hungry, I still want the food. I even had a little crying spell a little while ago,which prompted this post. I'm really afraid I'm not going to be able to do this and I feel it's my last chance. Any words of advice?
Old 07-16-2009, 07:36 PM   #253
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SDC2
Stats: 5' 7.5" 218/150/155 Maintenance
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: November 20, 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by computergeek View Post
This is my 2nd day on the program and I'm having a really tough time. I'm having really bad headaches and I'm surprised that my energy level is not higher. I have 100 pounds to lose, so this is a huge dive for me in calorie intake and even though I'm not hungry, I still want the food. I even had a little crying spell a little while ago,which prompted this post. I'm really afraid I'm not going to be able to do this and I feel it's my last chance. Any words of advice?
I really encourage you to hang in there and get through this because it really does get better and you will be rewarded on the scale. You are going through withdrawal and your symptoms are completely normal. In a day or 2 the symptoms will go away, the carbs and the carb cravings will be gone and you will feel so much better. Hang tough.

I had the low energy and sick feeling too and I can tell you, 60 pounds later it was the best weight loss program I ever tried and I did them all. It took me over 10 years to find a program that works. Only problem is that the first week is hard!

If you read through the threads there are people on this program that have lost more than 100 pounds. Jerry has lost 160+ pounds (last I checked) and he started in January. This WOE is amazing and works. If you look at Medi's materials, they are the only program that can advertise "results typical".

Please help us help you by posting your stats and your name would be nice too. Try drinking the chicken broth to help with your hunger, get some EAS shakes to get the protein in, and drink at least one Crystal Light Hydrate beverage or something equivalent to get your electrolytes in. Splurge this week and get lean meats that you love. My first week I bought an 8 oz. filet mignon steak for $18.99/pound and I almost put it back. I made 2 meals out if it and enjoyed it thoroughly. Shrimp, fish, chicken, and turkey on the grill are also really good choices.

You can do this. I did and I have failed at so many other programs. We are here to help you.

Susie
Old 07-17-2009, 05:10 AM   #254
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: crobyninc
Stats: 335/243/180
WOE: Low carb and watching calories
Start Date: March 9 2009
Computergeek

Hang in there, you may even be feeling better today. Once you get into ketosis, things start to look up again. I have been on this diet for 18 weeks and lost 65.2 pounds. This diet works but you have to get through the first week. Make sure you read every posts in the newbie section. In there you will find great advice and support. Try to get out and walk for 30 minutes each day, this will help too. But drink, drink and drink the full gallon of water. Like Susie said splurge on get lean meats, you won't feel like you are dieting...

BTW what is your name? Check in often, post and let us know how you are doing!

Robyn
Old 07-17-2009, 12:48 PM   #255
Senior LCF Member

Susie , McBoo, Desert Rose, Robyn and all the other pros:

What about a thread for what did you eat today? Is that silly? sometimes somebody else can put things together that we may not have thought of .

For those of you in maintenance what meals helped you to succeed while you were in the acute phase? Did you eat a lot of the same thing or did you try to mix it up a lot?

I used to get good ideas from that thread on the main board.

If not no offense. Just wanted a way to further pick your brains.
Old 07-17-2009, 01:00 PM   #256
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: McBoo
Stats: 216/140/140 Now on Maintainance
WOE: Medi Weightloss Clinics
Start Date: June 17, 2008
Quote:

What about a thread for what did you eat today? Is that silly? sometimes somebody else can put things together that we may not have thought of .

For those of you in maintenance what meals helped you to succeed while you were in the acute phase? Did you eat a lot of the same thing or did you try to mix it up a lot?

Dee,

Feel free to start the new thread and let's see where it goes. But make sure everyone states what phase of the program they are in so no one gets confused.

McBoo
Old 07-17-2009, 01:17 PM   #257
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBoo View Post
Dee,

Feel free to start the new thread and let's see where it goes. But make sure everyone states what phase of the program they are in so no one gets confused.

McBoo
The only thing I would caution about is that the thread should not be taking the place of your journaling. You still need to journal.

Jo
Old 07-17-2009, 02:50 PM   #258
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

I think that is a great idea because it will give others meal ideas. It is so easy to get in a rut and eat the same thing every day and for me, that is when it feels like a diet. There is absolutely no reason to do that.

Susie
Old 07-17-2009, 04:46 PM   #259
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBoo View Post
Dee,

McBoo

I was thinking that too, so us newbies don't get conveniently confused. If it goes though I think it's better it get started with one of the pro's , some seem to respond better to you guys than a new kid on the block.

I'm a newbie and a thread killer :blush:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert-Rose7 View Post
The only thing I would caution about is that the thread should not be taking the place of your journaling. You still need to journal.

Jo

It took me a minute to figure out how putting up what we're eating would replace journaling but I just got it.

No , I think that most understand that posting what they had to eat to give others ideas is not a substitute to keeping your personal journal. If it's inconvenient I understand. I have just been eating basically the same things since we started and I was wondering what everyone else is eating. We don't have to be bothered with posting the stats for each item like we do in our journals . If the meal looks like something we want to try we can look it up ourselves and as McBoo said noting what phase the meal is appropriate for would be a big help. I even put the pcs. of sf gum I chew in my journal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDC2 View Post
I think that is a great idea because it will give others meal ideas. It is so easy to get in a rut and eat the same thing every day and for me, that is when it feels like a diet. There is absolutely no reason to do that.

Susie
This is what I was thinking.

I spend a lot of time thinking what to eat even after reading all my resources and then I still wind up having an EAS shake or 2 slices of FF polish ham & an egg.

When I was trying to do Atkins that thread helped me a lot.
Old 07-17-2009, 05:51 PM   #260
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: crobyninc
Stats: 335/243/180
WOE: Low carb and watching calories
Start Date: March 9 2009
Dee

I love the idea. Lets do it!
Old 07-18-2009, 01:34 PM   #261
Junior LCF Member

Thanks for all the great responses. My name is Mary.
Old 07-18-2009, 01:37 PM   #262
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
I really encourage you to hang in there and get through this because it really does get better and you will be rewarded on the scale. You are going through withdrawal and your symptoms are completely normal. In a day or 2 the symptoms will go away, the carbs and the carb cravings will be gone and you will feel so much better. Hang tough.

I had the low energy and sick feeling too and I can tell you, 60 pounds later it was the best weight loss program I ever tried and I did them all. It took me over 10 years to find a program that works. Only problem is that the first week is hard!

If you read through the threads there are people on this program that have lost more than 100 pounds. Jerry has lost 160+ pounds (last I checked) and he started in January. This WOE is amazing and works. If you look at Medi's materials, they are the only program that can advertise "results typical".

Please help us help you by posting your stats and your name would be nice too. Try drinking the chicken broth to help with your hunger, get some EAS shakes to get the protein in, and drink at least one Crystal Light Hydrate beverage or something equivalent to get your electrolytes in. Splurge this week and get lean meats that you love. My first week I bought an 8 oz. filet mignon steak for $18.99/pound and I almost put it back. I made 2 meals out if it and enjoyed it thoroughly. Shrimp, fish, chicken, and turkey on the grill are also really good choices.

You can do this. I did and I have failed at so many other programs. We are here to help you.

Susie
Thanks, Susie!
Old 07-19-2009, 02:21 PM   #263
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: southern girl
please help

IM SOUHTHERN GIRL AND ITS DAY 5 OF THE MEDIWEIGHT AND IM NOT DOING GOOD IM STILL HUNGER AND CANT SLEEP CAN ANYONE TELL ME SOMETHING TO HELP.

Last edited by southern girl; 07-19-2009 at 02:30 PM..
Old 07-19-2009, 02:57 PM   #264
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by southern girl View Post
IM SOUHTHERN GIRL AND ITS DAY 5 OF THE MEDIWEIGHT AND IM NOT DOING GOOD IM STILL HUNGER AND CANT SLEEP CAN ANYONE TELL ME SOMETHING TO HELP.
Did you read through the first page of this Newbie thread? There are all sorts of helpful hints on how to survive week 1. It is the worst week of the program, but if you make it through you will succeed. It is common to feel hungry, weak, and even sick. Some people have headaches. You are going through carb withdraw. Once you make it through the cravings go away and you will find that you are less hungry. Are you taking your AS?

Susie
Old 07-19-2009, 03:19 PM   #265
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: southern girl
Quote:
Did you read through the first page of this Newbie thread? There are all sorts of helpful hints on how to survive week 1. It is the worst week of the program, but if you make it through you will succeed. It is common to feel hungry, weak, and even sick. Some people have headaches. You are going through carb withdraw. Once you make it through the cravings go away and you will find that you are less hungry. Are you taking your AS?

Susie
YES I WAS TAKING 3 A DAY BUT YESTERDAY I TOOK ONE AT 10CLOCK ONE AT 2 AND A HALF AT 6 BY 12 I FELT LIKE I WAS GOING TO DIE FAR SOMETHING TO EAT
Old 07-19-2009, 06:36 PM   #266
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: hudiman
Stats: 5'2" /155/ now at goal 125
WOE: Medi Weightloss Clinc
Start Date: April 23, 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by southern girl View Post
YES I WAS TAKING 3 A DAY BUT YESTERDAY I TOOK ONE AT 10CLOCK ONE AT 2 AND A HALF AT 6 BY 12 I FELT LIKE I WAS GOING TO DIE FAR SOMETHING TO EAT
Just keep yourself busy, do anything to stay out of the kitchen, stop thinking about food. Go for a walk, rent a movie, go to a movie, play games on computer, read through all the threads on here. Do anything to keep your mind off food. Try eating low fat, low sodium Chicken or Beef Broth. And if it is eveing, go to bed. Tomorrow is another day. And this program works if you stick with it. Second week is easier. Good Luck,
Old 07-20-2009, 02:08 PM   #267
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: chrislaurie
WOE: lo carb
I am on day 3 of my first week and I used 1/2 pack of splenda on 3/4 cup of 1% fat cottage cheese. It worked. I find I am fairly consistent with feeling hungry..do you? Usually I will drink water w/ Fiber One mixed in and it seems to take off the edge. Come 10pm is am hungry with noticeable stomach rumbles...I am hanging in there though but wonder if the hunger feelings go away?
Old 07-21-2009, 12:15 PM   #268
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: arabrider
Stats: 224/178/150
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: July 25th 2009
Starting this week!

I am so excited and so glad to have found this board. I am 54 and have been a great weight, with the exception of the 10-20 lbs pendulum over the years. In fact I used to teach aerobics and fitness.

In 2003 I had a major back surgery, moved to AZ in 2006 and started a new, very high stress job. The lbs just started coming on and I went from 155 to 220 in about a year. I have struggled with the exercise aspect as my back is still not very good, and now have FINALLY hit that point where I MUST do something.
My choice is Medi Weight Loss. I did a lot of research about different programs and my DR recommended a low carb diet and said she felt this would be good for me. My first appointment is this Thursday, so I will start Friday morning with a new attitude and a new lease on life. http://images.lowcarbfriends.com/lcf...ilies/pray.gif
Old 07-21-2009, 04:30 PM   #269
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arabrider View Post
I am so excited and so glad to have found this board. I am 54 and have been a great weight, with the exception of the 10-20 lbs pendulum over the years. In fact I used to teach aerobics and fitness.

In 2003 I had a major back surgery, moved to AZ in 2006 and started a new, very high stress job. The lbs just started coming on and I went from 155 to 220 in about a year. I have struggled with the exercise aspect as my back is still not very good, and now have FINALLY hit that point where I MUST do something.
My choice is Medi Weight Loss. I did a lot of research about different programs and my DR recommended a low carb diet and said she felt this would be good for me. My first appointment is this Thursday, so I will start Friday morning with a new attitude and a new lease on life. http://images.lowcarbfriends.com/lcf...ilies/pray.gif
Hello! and to the group! It is nice to have another Phoenix person here. Congratulations on making the decision to live happier and healthier. MWL is an amazing program. I wish you great success!

This particular thread has a lot of really good tips and helps for week one which is by far the hardest you will encounter. And with the heat we are
experiencing out here, be sure to get all of your water in! That is truly important...even more so in our heat.

Jo
Old 07-21-2009, 07:23 PM   #270
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jerseyguy
Stats: 288/190/190
WOE: Medi-Weight loss Clinic
Start Date: July 8, 2009
I started 2 weeks ago and I just found this board. There is a lot of great information here. So far i have lost 19 pounds. i am a little worried as i am going to Aruba tomorrow. I am not sure if I should be taking my meds while there. any opinions?
Closed Thread