Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2011, 11:44 AM   #2251
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: betty_going_85
Stats: 250/192.4/150 restart 236/222.6/150
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: December 2010/ 9/9/2013
I agree with Lisaann. That is a really great friend you have. You are doing marvelous. I don't take the AS because of my blood pressure. I take the stay slim and I've lost over 40 pounds in 3 months. You are losing the weight because of how you are eating not what you are taking. I would say there is a little green eye monster with that friend. Keep doing what you're doing and you will be the winner in the end.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-06-2011, 12:27 PM   #2252
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ForHisGlory
Stats: 212/200/150
WOE: medi weightloss
Start Date: 03/22/11
I was on Jenny Craig for 2 wks and lost 7 pounds. I went off and after 2 wks all 7 pounds found me again. It all depends on how committed you are to change your lifestyle. Gaining weight after overeating is the nature of the beast, so I have learned. You are what you eat. I used to be a cupcake. Now I am working toward becoming a skinny latte. Never could do a latte, skinny style. lol Anywho...stay focussed and learn to tune out the negative feed back. This adventure is all about YOU!
Old 04-06-2011, 12:46 PM   #2253
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: irabeslim
Stats: 5'2" - 253/140/140
WOE: MWL
Start Date: January 21st, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodi A View Post
I just finshed week one yesterday and lost 9 pounds. Very happy about that. I spoke with a friend today that said the only reason I am losing weight is because of the Phendimetrazine and as soon as I go off I will gain it back? I wanted to hear from others who have stopped taking it to see their reaction to this.

Thanks! Jodi

Jodi, congratulations, great loss! You are on very low calorie diet, that's why you need Phendimetrazine - otherwise it is not possible to stay on it for a long time. This VLCD insures that you lose weight very quickly if you stick to the plan. Depending on how much weight do you need to lose, for example, I lost 113 lb in 9 months. I started with 3 pills, ended up taking just one (half and half). Once you reach your goal, you will increase your calorie intake and slowly decrease Phendimetrazine so it will be easier plus when you are on low carb diet (at least, for me) you are not that hungry you may start decreasing number of pills you are taking even in acute. The main thing is to be able to commit to maintenance and that is the biggest challenge. A lot of us are struggling with that, some are more successful than others, but it has nothing to do with Phendimetrazine. At least for me, it is all in my head. Need to realy work on your thoughts. I hope this helps. Happy losing!!

"Nothing tastes better than thin feels"
-------------------
Was in wellness!
Restart on 04/05/11 to lose 15 gained lb
253/148/140
Old 04-06-2011, 02:26 PM   #2254
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jodi A
Stats: 174/155/135
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 3/29/2011; 8/11/2013 trying again with no Splenda
Quote:
Originally Posted by irabeslim View Post
The main thing is to be able to commit to maintenance and that is the biggest challenge. A lot of us are struggling with that, some are more successful than others, but it has nothing to do with Phendimetrazine.
Thanks so much for the response! That's what I figured too, that with any diet you have to maintain the work. You can't just go back to your old habits. I actually skipped my dose at dinner tonight because she got me all freaked out. I need to lose a total of 40 pounds but only 31 to go!
Old 04-06-2011, 02:30 PM   #2255
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jodi A
Stats: 174/155/135
Start Date: 3/29/2011; 8/11/2013 trying again with no Splenda
Actually, I just noticed there were MANY replies. Thanks to all. Very encouraging. My friend tried Medi and said that she had a very bad reaction because of the meds. She then proceeded to tell me that she had 2 glasses of wine when she had the reaction! She said that her co-worker did great on it and then she gained it back and it was because she didn't have the meds. I figured it was because of the cupcakes she was probably eating! Thanks for the reassurance, I will keep it up and continue to look to this forum for support.
Old 04-07-2011, 09:51 AM   #2256
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: GoldeneyeDancer
Stats: 152/136/127
Start Date: 3-2-2011 (second time)
Hello from Florida -
I'm new here and doing Medi for the second time - so glad to find this forum as I need some hints and a place to go for support when I"m tempted into emotional eating - especially at night!

Last year I got nearly to goal on Medi and felt great, went through Europe and even on a five day cruise there, came back thinner then when I left..I wasn't taking many of the AS as I got further into the program - only a half at a time once or twice a day.

I kept it off without until a few months after I got laid off from a high-pay but high stress job late June - then in August my "serious" boyfriend of a year suddenly - out of nowhere it seemed -decided that "we arent' right together"....didn't speak to me for about two weeks before letting me know it was over.

My life changed suddenly so much that I was depressed and little by little gained most of it back over six months. Already tried a recipe from here (Aldredo Girlfriendo) for lunch and it was fantastic! I"m in week 4 - lost 6.8 lbs the first week, then from 1.5 to 3 lbs each week - including going out to eat some, having a glass of wine a couple of times.
Finding this site will keep me on track to get back in ketosis and get to goal Finally and for GOOD! - Thanks everyone!
GoldeneyeDancer
Old 04-08-2011, 07:36 AM   #2257
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Hberry
Stats: 5' 10" - 217/187/175
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: February 22, 2011
Quote:
I just finshed week one yesterday and lost 9 pounds. Very happy about that. I spoke with a friend today that said the only reason I am losing weight is because of the Phendimetrazine and as soon as I go off I will gain it back? I wanted to hear from others who have stopped taking it to see their reaction to this.

Thanks! Jodi
Jodi, 9 pounds is great! I just wanted to let you know that I have never really taken the Phen. It was prescribed to me 3 times a day and I took it once a day for only three days (during week 2) and that's it!! I've still had great results and do not take it. The clinic told me that if you can do just fine without it, that is the best way to go!

Good luck!
Old 04-08-2011, 01:05 PM   #2258
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: barbwired
Stats: 227/172/147
WOE: Low Carb/Low Cal
Start Date: November 17, 2010
Quote:

Thanks! Jodi
Jodi, celebrate your 9 pounds! The first week is not easy and you did it. I have been following Medi since November and I dont take phen or the stay slim. I tried them a few times, but they are just not for me. Everyone is different. We all make choices about what we eat and that's what determines if you gain it back. You are losing weight because you have made a choice to live a healthier life. Don't let anyone take away from that. Good luck, you're off to a great start!
Old 04-12-2011, 10:53 AM   #2259
Administrator

Gallery: Kathy
This thread is closed due to its size .... which impacts site performance.

Please continue the discussion here.
Closed Thread