Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2011, 06:10 PM   #2221
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: grfxgrl
Stats: 5'4" - 213/192/134
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: Restarting: 2/21/2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by heleneval View Post
I just returned from my Week 1 weigh-in and .... I lost 9 pounds! I was amazed, and thrilled. And about 6 pounds of it was fat. I am happy to be able to add some veggies and fruit, cheese, and other things, although Week 1 was really quite uneventful for me.

SO happy!! It would have taken me 2 months to lose 9 pounds on Weight Watchers!! While I know it'll be more slow going from here on out, that 9 pounds gave me a huge boost of motivation!

Helene
Great Job! Come on over to the March thread

Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-2011, 08:27 AM   #2222
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: vrundab
Stats: 170/150/130
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: June 2010
Hi grfxgrl,
I am from Charlotte NC too. I just started my medi program this week..only one day completed and survived -
I have felt continuous severe headaches thr'out the day esp after taking Fat burner pills..
Haven't taken any yet ..and I am feeling much better ,not hungry at all, but haven't seen much change on scale ..keeping my fingres crossed
Do yo suggest to still continue taking Fat burner pills even with headache?
Clinic is closed today..so couldn't consult anyone
Any suggestions?

-Vrunda (newbie)

Last edited by vrundab; 03-16-2011 at 08:28 AM..
Old 03-19-2011, 12:43 PM   #2223
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: sleepygal7
Stats: 201/187/160
Start Date: 3/3/11
I suggest some tylenol or motrin. I had that same issue the first few days...and my clinic said it was fine to take something with plenty of water to alleviate the pain. Hang in there...it gets better quickly!
Old 03-19-2011, 01:21 PM   #2224
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Tessa17
Stats: 184/144.0/135
Start Date: Feb 2011
Hi Vrunda! Sorry to hear about the headaches. I had horrible headaches for the first four or five days also. It does get better. Once my body flushed all of the junk out and I got used to the protein only diet the headaches went away. Just give it a few more days and you will feel a lot better. Good luck with week one!
Old 03-20-2011, 01:12 AM   #2225
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Sacha
Stats: 5'6" 184/152/145
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 01.14.11
Quote:
Originally Posted by heleneval View Post
Hi,
Not only are we both teachers, but we're also both in Orlando! What center do you go to? I go to the one in Dr. Phillips / Sand Lake Rd.
Yes! That's where I go!

Congrats on your first week loss!
Old 03-20-2011, 06:46 AM   #2226
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: cre8tvgal
I Can

Hello everyone, This is my first time writing on a post!! (have always been shy about this). Yesterday was my first day on MWL, I am grateful to have found this website. I am so encouraged by all your successes! I have several health issues that make it imperative that I lose weight. I am following the diet to a T. I do have a headache today--I want so much to succeed with this,
I am short and I am not young----so weight loss has been excruciatingly slow or nonexistent with other programs.
Thank you again ----I am very encouraged---I CAN do it!!
Old 03-20-2011, 07:00 AM   #2227
Junior LCF Member

help

Yesterday I had severe Hypoglycemia ---Yesterday was day 1 on the MWL program. Every two hours or so my blood sugar would go very low---to 70, and I would have weakness in my arms & legs and get sweaty. I would take a few bites of my allowed food and it would go away but then 2 hours later the same thing would happen. I got through the day--but I don't want it to happen again-----Does anyone have experience with this condition!! (The MWL center was closed yesterday --but I stuck to the plan) Thank you all!!
Old 03-20-2011, 09:07 AM   #2228
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mommy2princesses
Stats: Ht 5'7'' 259.6/156/165
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: May 11, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by cre8tvgal View Post
Yesterday I had severe Hypoglycemia ---Yesterday was day 1 on the MWL program. Every two hours or so my blood sugar would go very low---to 70, and I would have weakness in my arms & legs and get sweaty. I would take a few bites of my allowed food and it would go away but then 2 hours later the same thing would happen. I got through the day--but I don't want it to happen again-----Does anyone have experience with this condition!! (The MWL center was closed yesterday --but I stuck to the plan) Thank you all!!
I just answered this post in the other thread that you wrote in, hope it helps and that today is a better day for you. The other thing I meant to write in my other response to you is that some sort of "withdrawal symptoms" do happen to most of us during this first week....as our bodies do withdraw from the carbs and sugars they are so accustomed to. Good luck!
Old 03-20-2011, 09:15 AM   #2229
Junior LCF Member

Thanks again Keri,
I responded to your other post. I am new to this type of communicating---I didn't mean to post in so many locations......I am learning how this all works..
Old 03-21-2011, 02:15 PM   #2230
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: cristalfab
Stats: 201/160/150
WOE: Medi WeightLoss
Start Date: March 11, 2011
Quote:
I go in for my weigh in tomorrow. I am in Week 1. So my menu options will expand. I've already copied the shopping list from page 1. I've also noticed a lot of you linking food from Netrition.com. Okay - here's my question...

What are the MUST HAVES from Netrition.com?
What are the MUST HAVES from MWL?

I need the variety, so any thing you can suggest, to help make this process easier, the better. I prefer to eat the regular, fresh food. But like some of you say, you go to a movie and you don't want to be tempted by the popcorn, so you take _____ instead.

What are good protein bars to buy, to pack in my bag as I'm out and about? I noticed that Atkins has lots of bars at the grocery store. Are any of them good?

I'm so ready for a salad, I can almost die! I am a regular salad eater normally, so for me to not have a salad for a week has been very painful!

Thanks for all the help. You all are the best!
I asked the above questions over on the March board. I thought I might try here too, as I didn't get much of a reply. Any help?
Old 03-23-2011, 04:00 AM   #2231
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: losing in Ftm
Stats: restart Apr 2012
Start Date: 5/5/10
I would take it slow with your purchases at the beginning or you are going to spend alot of money on products you won't ever use. Been there, done that. For me the low carb ketchup and horseradish were used all the time to make medi complaint cocktail sauce and I would either pick up already steamed shrimp or cook my own. This helped alot when I wanted a snack.
The medi gummies in the dessert thread are perfect for movies and such. Just plan ahead so you have it ready. Good luck
Old 03-23-2011, 05:41 AM   #2232
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AnnK
Stats: 5'2" 130/127/115
Start Date: 7/19/10 and 8/27/12
<P>
Quote:
Originally Posted by cristalfab View Post
I asked the above questions over on the March board. I thought I might try here too, as I didn't get much of a reply. Any help?
</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>

<P>The DaVinci SF syrups have been a staple for me. I mostly use the Irish Cream flavor on my FF plain Greek yogurt (1/2 - 1/3 of a small container) for breakfast. This makes a great fruit dip. I also like the Walden Farms pancake and chocolate syrups (no carbs/no cals).
Also, check out the Dixie Diner products on Netrition ~ I use the pancake/ waffle mix for Sunday mornings now and then.
I agree with the previous writer, though... don't go crazy ordering a bunch of stuff. Study the nutritional info for each product you consider on Netrition before ordering. ALSO, some of it tastes like YUK, so read the reviews!
Early on I purchased the Vanilla Medi shake powder. If you mix a scoop in the blender with a cup or so of ice, some flavoring (DaVinci syrup, Walden syrup, or even a diet soda) it makes a decent shake. I also still keep a Medi bar (chocolate) in my purse for when I get busy & can't have a meal.
Good Luck on developing your new WOE ~ it's quite an adventure!!
Old 03-23-2011, 06:25 AM   #2233
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: vrundab
Stats: 170/150/130
Start Date: June 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessa17 View Post
Hi Vrunda! Sorry to hear about the headaches. I had horrible headaches for the first four or five days also. It does get better. Once my body flushed all of the junk out and I got used to the protein only diet the headaches went away. Just give it a few more days and you will feel a lot better. Good luck with week one!

Thanks for your suggestions!! I lost 5.5 lbs first week without taking much Fat burner pills(yay)! Feeling much better with 2nd week ..2 pounds melted away It is hard for a (mostly) vegeterian like me to gobble up all that protein..but it Really Works! So sticking with it religiously...
Anyone on this forum, who knows low carb indian recipes by any chance?
Old 03-23-2011, 11:49 AM   #2234
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: changes
Stats: 199/165/155
WOE: medi
Start Date: November 2009/ restart March 2011
Day 6 of week 1 - without AS- just Stay Slim. For those of you who went on this journey without AS and were hungry with only 500-600 cals. - what did you do? did you indulge a bit more in protein or did you just keep chugging water and hoped the hunger went away?
Thanks for any suggestions you might have
Old 03-23-2011, 03:40 PM   #2235
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kristine29
Stats: 298/230(medi)/204/160?
Start Date: 2/24/2011
Drink water...water...then drink some more water. did I mention water?
Old 03-24-2011, 05:15 PM   #2236
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Elaine
What did i do wrong????

I started Medi Weight Loss this week and i am so disappointed ... i followed the diet to the letter and lost only 4 lbs. i am greatful for the 4 lb loss but i was so looking forward to 8 -10 lbs. i feel like quitting .... what did i do wrong???
Old 03-25-2011, 06:16 AM   #2237
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Hberry
Stats: 5' 10" - 217/187/175
Start Date: February 22, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine View Post
I started Medi Weight Loss this week and i am so disappointed ... i followed the diet to the letter and lost only 4 lbs. i am greatful for the 4 lb loss but i was so looking forward to 8 -10 lbs. i feel like quitting .... what did i do wrong???

Elaine, 4 pounds is still good! don't get discouraged! The first week is mostly water weight that comes off, usually. Did you drink your "tons" of water? When they weighed you, did they show you how much of the loss was water and fat?

I lost 10 lbs the first week but only 3 of that was fat. I was retaining a lot of water. You may not be carrying as much water weight as some. Keep it up!
Old 03-25-2011, 10:05 AM   #2238
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Used2Bfine
Stats: 5'3" 228/216.2/135
Start Date: 04/07/2011
My first consult is April 1st - thanks to everyone for the motivation. I'm so excited.
Old 03-26-2011, 03:18 PM   #2239
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: tylrdee
Stats: 169/162/135
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: March 2011
4 lbs is great

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine View Post
Eliane, it was my first week too. I lost 5 lbs all of which was fat mass. I was a little disappointed at first. We all lose weight differently. I noticed on this blog that the people who had lost about 10 pounds it was a mixture of water and fat. So I figured that I was doing good. My body is getting rid of what I want to be rid of...
Old 03-28-2011, 03:15 PM   #2240
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LisaMP
Feeling yecky on 4th day

Hi Everyone,
I am on my 4th day and it is tough. My 2nd day was awful too, I all most bottomed out at work. Medi said to add an electrolite sugar free beverage. This helped alot. Today, I am so tired and feel like I have no energy at all. I'm guessing this is detoxing from sugar and carbs?? How long does this last for? I can't handle this much longer.
Thanks,
Lisa
Old 03-28-2011, 04:04 PM   #2241
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AnnK
Stats: 5'2" 130/127/115
Start Date: 7/19/10 and 8/27/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaMP View Post
Hi Everyone,
I am on my 4th day and it is tough. My 2nd day was awful too, I all most bottomed out at work. Medi said to add an electrolite sugar free beverage. This helped alot. Today, I am so tired and feel like I have no energy at all. I'm guessing this is detoxing from sugar and carbs?? How long does this last for? I can't handle this much longer.
Thanks,
Lisa
Lisa - give it another day or so. Maybe less... And you'll feel MUCH better!! If you feel weak, try warming up a cup of chicken broth and drink it. That helped me a lot on my first 2 weeks. It sounds like you're going thru the same detox that I did back in July. Thought I was gonna die .... But obviously I didn't. It hasn't been all roses, but I met my goal in 3 months, and love being 4 sizes smaller!!
Old 03-31-2011, 07:46 PM   #2242
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Lisaann
Stats: 190/173/140
WOE: LC
Start Date: 4/1/11
I had my first appointment today and am really excited! A little scared too though, my mouth fell open when she told me that I was to only eat protein for the first week.
Old 04-01-2011, 09:10 AM   #2243
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ForHisGlory
Stats: 212/200/150
WOE: medi weightloss
Start Date: 03/22/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisaann View Post
I had my first appointment today and am really excited! A little scared too though, my mouth fell open when she told me that I was to only eat protein for the first week.
Congrats on your start Lisa Ann! I know the feeling..my mouth dropped too! But guess what? If you got the appetite supressants you will be fine. I only believed that after i tried it. I was starving to death on Jenny Craig with only 1200 cals a day. Thought for sure 500 would kill me. Still here and it was much easier to do than the 1200 cals w/o the AS. So Good Luck and think positive. If I can do it so can you. Keep us posted. Cant wait to hear about your 1st wk goes.:
Old 04-01-2011, 10:17 AM   #2244
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: irabeslim
Stats: 5'2" - 253/140/140
WOE: MWL
Start Date: January 21st, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForHisGlory View Post
Congrats on your start Lisa Ann! I know the feeling..my mouth dropped too! But guess what? If you got the appetite supressants you will be fine. I only believed that after i tried it. I was starving to death on Jenny Craig with only 1200 cals a day. Thought for sure 500 would kill me. Still here and it was much easier to do than the 1200 cals w/o the AS. So Good Luck and think positive. If I can do it so can you. Keep us posted. Cant wait to hear about your 1st wk goes.:
What also helpful when eating 500 cal of protein and very little carbs is that you will be in ketosis and you are just not hungry in that state.
Old 04-01-2011, 01:08 PM   #2245
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: newmee
Stats: 193/193/150
WOE: MWL
It's April 1st and hopefully a new chapter for New Me! I have been floundering with the same 10 lbs on Weight Watchers for the past year or more and haven't lost any major weight. Time for a change! Had my first appt this morning and have begun week one. Lots of good info here on this thread that I know will help me immensely! I'm a little nervous about the lack of food but will do my best to get through it.
Old 04-03-2011, 10:34 AM   #2246
Junior LCF Member

Day 2

So far so good, I am shocked that I had trouble eating 3 ounces of tuna for lunch. I am working hard at getting all that water in but I came close. I am so excited and hope I have as good of results as the rest of you.
Old 04-04-2011, 08:51 AM   #2247
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ForHisGlory
Stats: 212/200/150
WOE: medi weightloss
Start Date: 03/22/11
You will Lisaann! Just make sure that you do get all of your calories in. I tend to drink on the lower side of the water requirements with about 88 -96 ounces a day and have lost 12 pounds in 12 days and have been in moderate ketosis since day 4. So just do your best. Also, I try to drink at least half or more of my water in the morning because I hate having to go to the restroom when i am out every 20 minutes ( have had 4 kids). I find that it helps as I am less likely to drink as much with my evenings being full of basketball and baseball practices. GO GO LISAANN! You can do it!
Old 04-04-2011, 03:22 PM   #2248
Junior LCF Member

Day 3

I had a headache today but think it was due to lack of caffeine, I had a cup of coffee this afternoon and I am much better. I am getting some of my appetite back but am sticking to the program. I dream of losing a pound a day! That would be crazy!
Old 04-06-2011, 08:56 AM   #2249
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jodi A
Stats: 174/155/135
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 3/29/2011; 8/11/2013 trying again with no Splenda
Do you gain weight after you stop taking Phendimetrazine?

I just finshed week one yesterday and lost 9 pounds. Very happy about that. I spoke with a friend today that said the only reason I am losing weight is because of the Phendimetrazine and as soon as I go off I will gain it back? I wanted to hear from others who have stopped taking it to see their reaction to this.

Thanks! Jodi
Old 04-06-2011, 11:06 AM   #2250
Junior LCF Member

Nine pounds is terrific! What a friend! That is why I'm not telling many people about the clinic part, I just will tell them about the low carb part if they ask.
Closed Thread